PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO OKEANOS TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Wingull Clamperl Buizel Slowpoke Marill
Okeanos' residential Pokémon are generally very domesticated and comfortable around humans, as all aggressive Pokémon have been driven out of town by the tourism boards. Clamperl, rarely seen in the wild, are harvested here, collected in large man-made basins and kept for their useful pearl-creating abilities. Okeanos' official bird is Wingull.
A vibrant port town, earning capital from large transport ships which service the rest of the island, Okeanos draws in gym leaders, breeders, ranchers, and researchers alike with its variety of shopping options and official -type gym. As a relatively new settlement, many inhabitants of Okeanos are foreigners from other regions, and cultural tension is often high between these newcomers and those who were originally natives of Piscari. Recently settled tourists range all the way from French immigrants to Indonesian newcomers, creating a vibrant and diverse culture that can sometimes boil over with the many cultural differences between new and old residents.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  The Traveler's Carnival, August 1st - 31st
This user is currently Offline.
Many years old
I am in touch with the timeless.
I am surrounded by infinity.
Open Inventory
LC:
Celebi can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Celebi posted at Aug 1 2018, 09:38 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

TRAVELING CARNIVAL
Come one, come all! Partake in the great times to be had at our carnival! Play games, ride rides, and snack to your heart's content! Will you get lucky on the Wheel of Chance? Be blessed with a good fortune from Madame Gothitelle? Find true love at the top of the Ferris Wheel?

The Carnival is in Okeanos!

This is a travelling event and will move from town to town every month! There are games to be played for a chance to win some nifty prizes! But that's not the only way to get some fun rewards! Read on to find out more!

Games

Each member may send one character to play the games at the carnival. Each character gets three tickets to play the games with. All games are based on chance and luck of the roll! It costs nothing to enter, just follow the guidelines below!

You are more than welcome to include an IC post with this, but it's not required! Do NOT edit your post after posting the rolling code. It will break and code and you results will be disregarded.

Wheel of Chance
  • Cost: One ticket for two spins
  • How to play! The wheel is split into 10 slices of color! Use the code below to play!
  • How to win! Which ever number you land on determines whether or not you win something! Some prizes are better than others and there are a few 'Sorry' spaces, but you still have a 70% chance to win something!
CODE

I would like to play the [b]Wheel of Chance[/b]!

First spin! [roll]1d10[/roll]
Second spin! [roll]1d10[/roll]

Once your post is made, a moderator will reply with your results and send out prizes if any were won!

Rubber Duckletts
  • Cost: One ticket for two rubber duckletts.
  • How to play! There are 20 duckletts to choose from.
  • How to win! There ware two sets of ducks numbered 1-10. The number drawn determines your prize! There are a few that say 'Sorry', but you still have 50% chance to win.
Why is the chance lower with the duckletts than spinning wheel? Well, the prizes are better with the duckletts!

CODE

I would like to pick some [b]Rubber Duckletts[/b]!

First Ducklett! [roll]1d10[/roll]
Second Ducklett! [roll]1d10[/roll]

Once your post is made, a moderator will reply with your results and send out prizes if any were won!

Card Match
  • Cost: One ticket for two games
  • How to play! Draw five cards from anywhere in the deck!
  • How to win! You have to get at least one matching set to win, but the more matching numbers you have, the better the prize!
CODE

I would like to play [b]Card Match[/b]!

First game! [roll]5d10[/roll]
Second game! [roll]5d10[/roll]

Interaction Rewards

Games are not the only advantage to the carnival being in town! We want to encourage people to interact and role-play with others, so we have a few bonuses available for interaction claims that involve the carnival!

Interaction threads involving the carnival will receive the following bonuses:
  • Pokemon actively involved in the thread will gain 2% link instead of 1% (is not doubled by luxury balls or soothe bells)
  • Gain 1 extra passive level for any Pokemon on that character's team (is not doubled by lucky eggs)
  • Threads involving more than one member will have an increased chance to 'find' any of the available prizes at the carnival
Like with any interaction thread, they must follow the same rules to qualify. They must be at least 10 posts long and any character wishing to benefit from the thread must have at least 5 posts.

The interaction thread must be started in the same location as the carnival, but does not need to be closed by the time the carnival moves.

[ Hidden Content - Reply to see! ]

14 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Micah Koller can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Shredder
Inner Focus
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Micah Koller posted at Aug 4 2018, 09:59 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Micah weighed his options carefully before approaching the Rubber Duckletts game. He'd spent a ridiculous amount of time observing each of the most popular games, trying to gauge the likelihood of success versus the quality of prize. Unfortunately, he'd been unable to get any solid numbers--he really needed a pen and paper to track it properly--but he had a good feeling about the duckletts.

He waited in line to his turn before stepping up and setting down all three of his tickets. "Three tickets please! That's six ducks, right?"

The man standing next to the metal basin of water nodded. "Sure is, young man. But you have to draw draw two, then we put those back before you draw the next two."

Micah nodded. That make sense, or else you could place ten tickets and draw them all, guaranteeing a win. "Sounds fair!"

I would like to pick some Rubber Duckletts!

First Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 4 = 4
Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 3 = 3

Game 2

First Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 8 = 8
Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 1 = 1

Game 3

Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 7 = 7

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Magenta Kyuri can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Magenta Kyuri posted at Aug 5 2018, 09:23 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Summer | Night | Clear

user posted image

Magenta walked along the dusty trail through the Carnival clutching her tickets close to her chest. She could hardly contain her excitement, and there were many games of skill and chance set up at colorful booths along each side of the pathway. She eyeballed each for a time, trying to decide. She picked out three games that really stuck out to her, and decided that's where she would spend her tickets.

She shyly walked up to the mustachio'd man in front of a large colorful wheel and awaited her chance to spin it.

I would like to play the Wheel of Chance!

First spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 4 = 4
Second spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 8 = 8

First Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 6 = 6
Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 2 = 2

I would like to play Card Match!

First game! Dice Roll: 5d10: 6+1+10+6+9 = 32
Second game! Dice Roll: 5d10: 3+10+8+4+6 = 31

----------
user posted imageuser posted image
11/15 11/25
APPLICATION X PC X PLOTTER XTRACKER

Many years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Celebi posted at Aug 6 2018, 03:21 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

TRAVELING CARNIVAL
Come one, come all! Partake in the great times to be had at our carnival! Play games, ride rides, and snack to your heart's content! Will you get lucky on the Wheel of Chance? Be blessed with a good fortune from Madame Gothitelle? Find true love at the top of the Ferris Wheel?

@Micah Koller played 3 games of Rubber Duckletts! Let's see if he won anything!

First game results: Sorry and 500 Pokedollars!

Second game results: Link Berry Bundle and TM of Choice!

Third game results: Sorry and 1 Luxury Ball!

Please post with your choice of TM!

Update: Items have been sent!

Many years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Celebi posted at Aug 6 2018, 03:23 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

TRAVELING CARNIVAL

@Magenta Kyuri played 1 of each game! Let's see if she won anything!

Wheel of Chance results: 1 Apricorn Ball of Choice and Sorry!

Rubber Duckletts results: Sorry and Sorry!

Card Match results: 2 of a kind! Choose from the following!

3 berries of choice, 2 apricorn balls, 1 normal Pokeball, or 1 Lucky Chest

Please post with your choices!

Update: Items have been sent!

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Magenta Kyuri can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Magenta Kyuri posted at Aug 6 2018, 04:05 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Summer | Night | Clear

Magenta giggled at each win and shyly spoke up to retrieve her prizes. "Uhm.. I think I'll take a Level Ball and a Lucky Chest, please." She smiled and awaited her winnings before moving on to the other carnival attractions.

This post has been edited by Magenta Kyuri: Aug 6 2018, 05:25 PM

----------
user posted imageuser posted image
11/15 11/25
APPLICATION X PC X PLOTTER XTRACKER

17 years old
A young undergraduate student studying pokemon genetics, social organization, and pre/natal development.

Ah, what avail our lofty engineers
If we can't take the planet by the ears,
Or by the poles or simply by the scruff,
And saying simply we have had enough
Of routine and monotony on earth,
Where nothing's going on but death and birth
Open Inventory
LC:
Regina Darkwater can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Sky
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%
Larvesta Egg
-
Lv.-
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Regina Darkwater posted at Aug 6 2018, 12:52 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Regina was living for this carnival. Yeah, she'd had to spend basically all of this morning lying in her motel room with the curtains drawn to recover some energy for tonight after walking from Campana the past couple days, and yeah she was probably going to spend tomorrow doing the exact same thing to recover, but in the meantime, she was so ready for this carnival. Somewhat counterintuitively, she loved stuff like this, despite the careful balancing act of it -- rows of open stalls hawking bizarre goods or games with somewhat dodgy prices, the low background roar of happy people, the glittering lights against the background of the evening sun. Sure, it usually knocked her off her feet for a while afterward, but oh man, was it ever worth it.

Sky was not living for this carnival. Yeah, her human smelled happy as anything -- always a plus, she thought wryly -- and yeah, the dizzying rush of smells both foreign and familiar -- food and humans and emotions-running-high and strange pokemon -- was fascinating, but that happiness would morph into stress the second she hit her tipping point for light and sound, and the chaos of the crowds would make leading her human to a quiet calm place to destress tricky at best. But, since she lacked the ability to directly communicate what a bad idea this was, she was going along with it for lack of options. She and her human were going to have fun, obviously, but oh man, was it probably going to cost them.

Tucking her volcarona egg into a nice warm blanket nest on her motel bed -- she wasn't going to take it into a crowd, okay, that would be stupid -- Regina checked her gear and grinned widely, before trotting out the door, Sky hot on her heels. Carnival, here she came.

It was everything she hoped it would be. The lights! The music! The fried foods and tchotckies!!! She made a beeline for the first stand she saw selling funnel cake and never looked back. It just would not be a successful carnival if she didn't eat her weight in junk by the time she left. She was setting out on her journey in a week or two anyway, she needed to pack on some pounds. After acquiring oil-and-sugar-laden goodness, she wandered, breathing in the air thick with spices and sweat, delighting in the various wares that were being sold, no matter how weird or trashy. Haha, that stuffed slurpuff was poorly stitched, its eyes were pointing in two different directions -- adorable.

Ooo, was that a rubber ducklett river? Yes, please.

Ambling over, Regina handed the stall worker a ticket and shot Sky a bright grin. "Hey, Sky -- wanna see who can grab the best ducklett?" Grwwl. "On three, yeah? One, two--"

Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 7 = 7

Laughing about their results, Regina ambled onward, lighting up again as she caught sight of a wheel of fortune. Excellent, excellent.

First spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 10 = 10
Second spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 8 = 8

Second spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 10 = 10

----------
(11/40)

App | Tracker | Plotter | PC

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tweak can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.26
29%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
15%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
58%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.2
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
11%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
7%

Tweak posted at Aug 6 2018, 02:49 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Tweak sat in the carnival, looking around. He didn't quite understand what the excitement was about, having nearly no concept of fun. People looked happy. He couldn't quite puzzle it out. He decided if he watched someone his own age, maybe he could see what they found so happiness inducing?

He saw one boy a bit younger than himself, begging his dad to let him play the rubber duck game. The child squealed with glee each time he pulled up a duck. Shortly thereafter he received something form the vendor and walked off laughing with his father.

Tweak approached the game and looked at the prizes, the board, and ran the odds in his head. It seemed one was guaranteed to win, so it was a game that one could not lose. Uncertain as to why such an obvious thing made the child excited, Tweak slapped down three tickets, and reached for several ducks. The best way to research further, would be to do so himself.

First Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 1 = 1
Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 9 = 9

First Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 5 = 5
Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 8 = 8

First Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 7 = 7
Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 6 = 6

----------

Many years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Celebi posted at Aug 6 2018, 08:26 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

TRAVELING CARNIVAL

@Regina Darkwater played 1 game of Rubber Duckletts and 2 games of Wheel of Chance! Let's see if she won anything!

Rubber Duckletts results: Luxury Ball and Sorry!

Wheel of Chance results: Spin twice more and Sorry!

Wheel of Chance results: Spin twice more and 1 apricorn ball of choice!

Please post with your additional spins and apricorn ball of choice!

Many years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Celebi posted at Aug 6 2018, 08:30 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

TRAVELING CARNIVAL

@Tweak played 3 games of Rubber Duckletts! Let's see if he won anything!

First game results: An extra ticket and Acro Bike, Prop Case, or Berry Pot!

Second game results: Sorry and Sorry!

Third game results: 500 Pokedollars and 3 Berries of choice!

Please post with your choice Acro Bike, Prop Case, or Berry Pot, 3 berries, and feel free to use your extra ticket to play another game!

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tweak can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.26
29%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
15%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
58%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.2
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
11%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
7%

Tweak posted at Aug 6 2018, 08:55 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Tweak will take the bike, and any link berry is fine.

I would like to pick some bonus ticket Rubber Duckletts!

First Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 5 = 5
Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 6 = 6

This post has been edited by Tweak: Aug 6 2018, 08:56 PM

----------

17 years old
A young undergraduate student studying pokemon genetics, social organization, and pre/natal development.

Ah, what avail our lofty engineers
If we can't take the planet by the ears,
Or by the poles or simply by the scruff,
And saying simply we have had enough
Of routine and monotony on earth,
Where nothing's going on but death and birth
Open Inventory
LC:
Regina Darkwater can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Sky
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%
Larvesta Egg
-
Lv.-
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Regina Darkwater posted at Aug 6 2018, 09:12 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Ooo, friend ball, please!" Regina said, gearing up for her next spin.

Game 1

First spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 1 = 1
Second spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 6 = 6

Game 2

First spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 2 = 2
Second spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 3 = 3

----------
(11/40)

App | Tracker | Plotter | PC

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Alex Caiazzo can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Feather
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Alex Caiazzo posted at Aug 7 2018, 01:01 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Alex was glad he was in no rush to go anywhere. He walked around the carnival just looking at all of the things he could do. Honestly, he wasn't quite sure where to start. There were rides and games along with the food stands and things of that nature. With there being so much to do, Alex just meandered through the carnival grounds for a little bit. Surely something might catch his eye sooner or later, he thought as he walked up and down the pier.

After a few times around the pier, Alex stopped in front of the wheel of chance game. He stopped a moment before taking the three tickets he had out of his pocket. He could either play three different games or go one game once and another one twice. Or even just go with playing one game all three times. Alex made sure he was out of the way of the line for the wheel of chance while he made his next decision. He motioned anyone who wanted to play the game ahead of him that may have confused him with being in line for the game.

While the next few minutes passed, Alex just stood in front of the game he had long since decided he was going to start at. Though Alex didn't really move until he'd finally decided. He was just going to spin the wheel with all three of his tickets. So he got in line, and when he got to the front, gave the attendant all three of his tickets.

First spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 7 = 7
Second spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 9 = 9

First spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 3 = 3
Second spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 5 = 5

Second spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 2 = 2

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Elise Chiang can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 7 2018, 05:15 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
It had taken Elise a little while to decide on which games to spend the tickets she had received at the entrance to the carnival, after much deliberation and walking back and forth to stare at each game stall she had decided to simply play them all! After all Elise had never been that lucky, so she might as well try to have just a teeny bit of fun trying to win at the carnival games.

First spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 7 = 7
Second spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 4 = 4

Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 4 = 4

First game! Dice Roll: 5d10: 8+3+7+2+6 = 26
Second game! Dice Roll: 5d10: 3+4+2+10+2 = 21

----------

14 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Matt Vice can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Kazzy
Keen Eye
Lv.9
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Matt Vice posted at Aug 7 2018, 06:35 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
His parents had told him about this- when they first moved here they caught the tail end of it. Matt wasn't able to go, but this year he was! So he wandered the docks, seeing all the games- well they all looked fun. He had three tickets. Why not just play them all? Grinning as he passed each vendor, offering his tickets to play. "Here, I wanna play."

First spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 10 = 10
Second spin! Dice Roll: 1d10: 3 = 3

Second Ducklett! Dice Roll: 1d10: 1 = 1

First game! Dice Roll: 5d10: 8+2+1+2+8 = 21
Second game! Dice Roll: 5d10: 8+5+7+4+1 = 25

Many years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Celebi posted at Aug 7 2018, 08:18 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

TRAVELING CARNIVAL

@Tweak used his bonus ticket to play Rubber Duckletts! Let's see if he won anything!

Bonus game results: An extra ticket and Sorry!

Feel free to use your extra ticket to play another game!

Many years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A