PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
CLOSED
📄 New Topic
📊 New Poll

>  Mini-Event: Blowing Kisses, Valentines Day Event
This user is currently Offline.
years old
May love protect you from accidents and illnesses!
Open Inventory
LC:
Diancie can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Diancie posted at Feb 14 2018, 09:02 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

Who's Your Sweetheart?
Welcome to PLEDGE's second ever February Mini-Event! (Sloth totally did this late) This Event will last for a week, right up until February 21st. As you can tell, we're here to celebrate Valentine's Day! However, PLEDGE celebrates everyone we love in our lives, whether platonic, familial or romantic!
Through the magical whimsy of Diancie and her helpers, Carbink, mysterious sweets are showing up with tiny little cards for various people all over Ho'ohiki! This has been happening for years, though many adults scoff at the idea of some Legendary spreading love around the region for no reason. Many celebrate this special holiday anyway, giving small gifts of chocolate or flowers to their friends, family and lovers.

This mini-event is pretty simple! One character per member may post bellow, answering the following question either in an in-character post or quote from the character:

https://s20.postimg.cc/fey8bczwt/t_fairy_big.png "Who do you love and cherish, sweetheart?" https://s20.postimg.cc/fey8bczwt/t_fairy_big.png

On the 21st, this thread will close and every character that posted will receive a chocolaty treat! So go ahead and post away. Remember, any kind of love counts! And any kind of answer will receive a gift from Diancie, the Royal Pink Princess looks forward to all sorts of lovey-dovey nonsense. <3

67 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Kamaria Baobab can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Amethyst
Sturdy
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Kamaria Baobab posted at Feb 14 2018, 09:43 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Who do I love and cherish? That is a good question, but the real question is why."

Emeritus Professor Baobab tucked her blanket more tightly about her shoulders, the chill seeming to seep deeper into her bones than it used to.

"I love my family, of course. My brothers and sisters, their children, and their children - and even their children. I love them because they are my family - but there are many of them that I do not like very much."

"My students, also. They came to me to learn more about the creatures they loved, the amazing creatures that we surround ourselves with and that we admire from afar, and yet still know so little about."

"The Pokemon, of course. I could not have dedicated my life to them if I did not love them."

And with that, Kamaria smiled. "But most of all, I love this world, that allowed me to live a life dedicated to scholarship and study. A world that has given me so much pleasure over the years, and enough pain to learn wisdom. If I do not wake in the morning, I will still be filled with joy for all the time that I have spent alive, free to make my own decisions and free to be myself."

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Raphael Scandon can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Hábrók
Sheer Force
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Raphael Scandon posted at Feb 14 2018, 10:40 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The delicious scent of caramelised sugar drifted into the cold air as Raphael sipped a piping hot cup of tea. He was sitting in a small and cosy cafe, Hábrók perched on his shoulder, observing the scene that was occurring in the street outside of the window. While loving couples strolled about, browsing shops with their hands clasped together in a show of affection, he inhaled the strong floral aroma of peppermint in his tea.
‘This air of indignance about you, Raph, might it be pointing to you being jealous?’ This cheerful voice came from a spherical speaker that Raphael held in his palm, with a holographed image presenting a young scholar accompanying it. ‘Eh, Professor, wasn’t it you who had to beg Holly into giving you those expensive chocolate truffles?’ Raphael's laidback rebuttal invited sheepish responses from an embarrassed Hawthorn. Seeing how letdown the poor professor looked, Raphael comforted him,
‘Don’t look so glum, Professor, in times like this we gotta stay together and celebrate ourselves. That’s why I sent you some of the best chocolates I could find over here, I believe they should have arrived already.’ Raphael’s mouth broke out into a shark-like grin, as he watched Hawthorn’s expression change into a look of shocked gratitude, ‘You mean those chocolates were for me? They said that they were for ‘my dearest mentor and best friend’, I would never have expected that it would have been me you meant...’
Sensing Hawthorn’s confused delight, Hábrók let out a cheerful trill and affectionately rubbed against his trainer’s cheek. Petting his beloved Rufflet’s head, Raphael chuckled warmly before answering his dear teacher, ‘Why are you so surprised? Isn’t this a day dedicated to the bonds of love between people, be it romantic or platonic. So, how could I forget to give a little gift of recognition to anyone I love on such an important day, especially you?’

This post has been edited by Raphael Scandon: Feb 14 2018, 10:58 PM

39 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Madam Seviper can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Rock Head
Lv.7
22%
???
Lv.0
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Madam Seviper posted at Feb 14 2018, 11:56 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The moon shone but a sliver of itself, as the Captain of the fine ship Kyogre's Rage stood alone on the quarterdeck, leaning on the railing, staring out to the open sea, as the waves gently crashed upon the shore and ship. An empty bottle of rum lay a few feet away near the helm, with both a drop left to it. Madam Seviper wasn't being her usual drunk and rowdy self, though she was certainly drunk. She was instead reminiscing about the past, mostly about her homeland and lost crew almost twenty years gone.

She rarely let herself think about that day, and the days that followed, days of draining hope spent waiting for her crew and pokemon to return to her, only to have not even one make it back. She recalled the days before, how pleased and happy they had all been, and the shock of the ambush. She could swear she could still hear their screams and yells in the quiet crashing of the waves.

She sighed heavily, before looking around for another bottle to drink, and finding none, instead reaching for a flask in her shirt, uncorking it, and taking a swig. She turned to stumble back to her cabin, and saw standing at the edge of the stairs Cubone, staring at her, sadness in her eyes. She didn't expect her to wake up, and immediately smiled to her. "Whats wrong, deary? Were ye scared when I wasn't there when ye woke up? Or was it a nightmare ye had?" She immediately felt a warmness in her chest that wasn't because of the alcohol as the Cubone spoke to her in its almost sniffly way.

She stumbled slowly towards the little one, and picked her up, holding her close, "Now, now, ye be safe. I won't let ya be hurt by nothin'. Now, lets go make ye sometin to scare away those nightmares, and get ye back to sleep." Cubone nuzzled and hugged her, agreeing enthusiasticly.

Out of that terrible ordeal, at least she had this little one to keep her from her darker thoughts. She thanked Kyogre for this child who needed her as much as she needed them.

19 years old
sometimes people just want to watch the world burn
Open Inventory
LC:
Elise Reinharte can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Schnapps
Color Change
Lv.8
33%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Reinharte posted at Feb 15 2018, 12:50 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Sweetheart? That's a bit much, isn't it?" She contemplated the question, grimacing as the Kecleon pointed excitedly at another cake on display as she scrutinized the card. "Schnapps, do you even know how much sugar went into those decorations? It's like asking for a short-lived life." She rubbed the little card as she contemplated the question. And then the Kecleon snatched it.

"Hey!" She flailed a bit as she tried to grab back the card to see if there was anything else on it, but the lizard only gave a little snicker and clambered up onto her head, waggling it out of her reach and reading over it.

Kreeeck! Schnapps declared in a smug sort of manner. After a mocking clearing of the throat and balancing expertly as Elise continued to try to snatch the card back, it continued in a sweet repetition of Keeecks.

She eventually got back the card, after the Kecleon scampered down from her head into her arms, hugging her securely. "Love you too," She grumbled grudgingly.

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Scarlet Phoenix can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Cutie /QT/
limber
Lv.13
11%
Charmer
Domestic
Lv.7
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Scarlet Phoenix posted at Feb 15 2018, 01:29 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Cutie
'Who do you love and cherish, sweetheart?'
A cute pokemon, she and I cannot be apart
A nice purrloin, she's a beautiful piece of art
She's QT, my best friend, and my life's part

I remember her egg, how I cared about her
The time her egg hatched, her first cute purr
How it changed my life, that we were together
And I smile every time I see her soft purple fur

The memories tell how best friends we became
On that morning the cold touch of the morning air
The fight in swirling flames, the tale of her name
How we celebrated Christmas, the family game

To me she means the world, I truly love her a lot
I'm so happy that such an amazing friend I've got
With her tiny paws, she always finds my soft spot
Growing old with her, warms my heart the thought

She still sleeps on my soft pillow, smiling at me
Then I kiss her cute face and a hug she gives me
I cherish her and I'm happy that together we can be
I feel true, pure love when her happy smile I see

Scarlet Phoenix

This post has been edited by Scarlet Phoenix: Feb 15 2018, 01:29 AM

30 years old
“What we should really fear is not failure but the heart that is no longer brave enough to take risks and embrace challenges”
Open Inventory
LC:
Sun Rhyu can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Britannic
Blaze
Lv.32
42%
Titania
Own Tempo
Lv.22
30%
Argo
intimidate
Lv.10
3%
Polaris
Slush Rush
Lv.9
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Sun Rhyu posted at Feb 15 2018, 04:45 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

Pen hit against wood, aggravated tapping echoed through the bedroom of the ranger. Writing a letter was much harder than he imagined. The only letters written onto the page was 'The' in extremely fancy font. Giving a soft sigh, realizing it was much harder to expression his feelings for a certain male off in Caecus. Sun had so much he could say, would say, and should say. Grumbling he threw the pen at the paper, and shoved himself back in his rolly chair.
Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

Pen hit against wood, aggravated tapping echoed through the bedroom of the ranger. Writing a letter was much harder than he imagined. The only letters written onto the page was 'The' in extremely fancy font. Giving a soft sigh, realizing it was much harder to expression his feelings for a certain male off in Caecus. Sun had so much he could say, would say, and should say. Grumbling he threw the pen at the paper, and shoved himself back in his rolly chair.

"Why is this hard?"

Maybe it was Sun's lack of being figurative. His brain being extremely literal. Running his hands through his hair, he then just shook his hands violently to mess up the usual neat set of locks. Sun had grown far more than just liking Sindre, he actually fell for the boy. He expected his texts everyday, would be excited for them, to see the pictures he would send. Even if it was just pictures of Peaches, he adored every minute of it.

Bringing himself back to the desk. He could write this. Nothing was going to stop him from doing it. Determined and his mind was set. Grabbing the pen back into his hands, writing a few words down on a spare piece of paper. Making sure he was getting the lettering right. He did have the prettiest handwriting after all. Finally though, he began to form an actual letter.

'The days don't go by I don't think about you. You make me smile. Everything about you lights my life up. Melts the snow this mountain puts on my heart- I just wanted to let you know, I have fallen for you.'
"Why is this hard?"

Maybe it was Sun's lack of being figurative. His brain being extremely literal. Running his hands through his hair, he then just shook his hands violently to mess up the usual neat set of locks. Sun had grown far more than just liking Sindre, he actually fell for the boy. He expected his texts everyday, would be excited for them, to see the pictures he would send. Even if it was just pictures of Peaches, he adored every minute of it.

Bringing himself back to the desk. He could write this. Nothing was going to stop him from doing it. Determined and his mind was set. Grabbing the pen back into his hands, writing a few words down on a spare piece of paper. Making sure he was getting the lettering right. He did have the prettiest handwriting after all. Finally though, he began to form an actual letter.

'The days don't go by I don't think about you. You make me smile. Everything about you lights my life up. Melts the snow this mountain puts on my heart- I just wanted to let you know, I have fallen for you.'

----------

13 years old
"Hmmm... Juvon, you think we can handle this?"
Open Inventory
LC:
Ethan Unken can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Juvon
Static
Lv.17
100%
Lilypad
Sap Sipper
Lv.8
19%
Tekka
Adaptability
Lv.2
38%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ethan Unken posted at Feb 15 2018, 06:51 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

Who do you love and cherish?

Ethan was ten. He was running through town, having picked up a box of playing cards from the local thrift store. The intention was to run home so that he may play with this newly-bought toys, and maybe show them off to his best friend. But as he ran the sight of a dark-haired boy caught his eyes, crossing his vision and distracting him long enough to trip on a curb, falling to the ground rather harshly and ungracefully. His ungraceful trip had ensured his cheek and elbow received most of the hit, causing his lip to be cut by his teeth and already beginning to swell up. The pain from the fall, the awkwardness from his swollen lip, and the look the boy had given him had all combined to become a most embarrassing event.

He stood up and fled for home before he could make eye contact with the dark haired boy.

Eleven years old, and Ethan was outside playing with Juvon. His Pichu was wearing a rather fancy-looking scarf that had been knit just for him, and the pokemon was utterly delighted in this. The duo relaxed in soft grass, both ignorantly enjoying their youth with little awareness to the weight of this memory. But their lonesome peace was soon ending as Ethan spotted a familiar dark-haired boy. It was the same boy that he'd see in town from time to time. Always just a distant, familiar face in the crowd, usually with his own friends. No doubt the boy had his own life, and his own personality, but all he was to Ethan was a source of confusing feelings that made him squirm and feel ridiculous.

Quietly reaching over for his Pichu, Ethan stood up and the duo decided to go for a walk in the other direction.

Thirteen. Today, Ethan would reach the age that granted him freedom, a freedom that most increasingly-independent teens desired. His mind was filled with wonder, how many pokemon would he meet? How many people? What would they all be like? What would Juvon be like when he becomes big and strong? In the midst of all his thoughts, one question had suddenly popped in, an obtrusive and pushy question.

"Who do you love and cherish, sweetheart?"

After a moment of hesitation, with brief flashes of a dark haired boy crossing his mind, Ethan made a bit of a face, "I dunno, my pokemon? Family? Best friend? That's about it..."

This post has been edited by Neo: Feb 15 2018, 06:52 AM

18 years old
Don't need a hero to save me
I'm not a girl to set free
It's nothing you did to me
I've always been this way
Open Inventory
LC:
Acacia Bellos can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Datura
Steelworker
Lv.5
12%
Jaca
Lv.6
7%
Jessamine
Lv.4
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Acacia Bellos posted at Feb 15 2018, 07:01 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
If asked, Acacia wouldn’t say she loved her hometown anymore than anywhere else in the world. Agri kinda stunk and besides work work work and hey more work there wasn’t any actual things to do in the town. Sure, the kids could play and hanging around the Pokemon Center might net your the entertainment of a battle, but Agri was, at its heart, just a bunch of ranchers. Rich ones, but you didn’t get to keep that money if you weren’t raising your cattle properly.

And yet as Acacia stared out at pier and beach, she longed for the scent of the sod and manure. She wanted that familiar burn in her muscles from working hard that day. The feeling of wet grass sliding on her boots and the grime stuck to her face that made showering feel like a baptism.

It hardly took examining the facts to realize she was homesick.

She stared at the phone in her hands, sliding over the glass surface before finally hitting the call button and walking further into Okeanos, enjoying the lack of snow even if the air was crisp. “Hey, mom. Sorry I haven’t called…”

30 years old
Long is the way, and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sirhan Saifuddin can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Saladin
Inner Focus
Lv.37
50%
Srikandi
Sand Veil
Lv.6
34%
Sonnehilda
Flash Fire
Lv.6
13%
Spartacus
Hustle
Lv.6
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Sirhan Saifuddin posted at Feb 15 2018, 10:02 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

"Sweethearts?"
Sirhan echoed the term blankly as he stared at the sprightly blonde representative of the local TV station with the pixie cut who was giving him the kind of dazzling smile more at home at a State Of The Union press conference than a random interview on the streets. All he'd wanted to do was get some flowers with his mother but given what day it bloody was, perhaps this wasn't as out of the blues as it seemed to be on first go. After all, where better to get sordid declarations of love than the local florist's on Valentine's Day?

Next to him, Saladin choked on a mouthful of carob chocolate at the term as Srikandi who was perched on his head croaked at inquisitively at the woman; The dragon was too young to understand the term but she knew what 'heart' meant and drew it in the air with her chubby paws.

"I think you might have the wrong person ma'am, I don't have an...ah...significant other."

"Oh that's alright! We're on the hunt for love of all sorts---do you love your job? Your parents? A sibling maybe?"
the cheerful presenter spread her arms wide for emphasis and went on relentlessly as he felt his mouth go slightly dry at the mention of parents and siblings.

"I---"
He started only to be interrupted by his mother as she popped her head out of the greenery around a corner and beckoned for him to approach.

"Mere laal, help me find those Shasta Lilies won't you? It's like a jungle in here!"
Uzma Saifuddin called out to him as she held up a bunch of white roses and his face lit up when he saw those; They had been Amira's favorite whenever she passed the store on their way home all those years back and the look on her face when he had come home once covered in cuts from small thorns while proudly holding on to a scraggly handful of them had been priceless (He had found a hardy little bush of those on the outskirts of the city, and picking them hadn't costed him a dime, only a few applications of iodine and several scabs)

"How adorable! Who's the lucky person those are for?"
the bubbly interviewer pressed on as she followed him followed him with a skip and a hop into the verdant shelves that lined the store which housed every variety of flower imaginable, all under the watchful gaze of several snaggle-toothed Carnivines which kept a sharp eye out for anyone who planned to abscond before paying for the bouquets. It was still freezing outside, but the temperatures in here had been optimized to keep the flowers growing despite the frigid weather.

"My father and sister. She loved white roses and he used to buy lilies for my mother when he had a little extra from the cash register. Just a little something to brighten the evenings when mother came home from her shift."
Sirhan explained patiently as he thew a glance over his shoulder where the woman was still watching him wide-eyed and eager as a Pachirisu amassing nuts for the winter.
"They've both been gone for almost ten years now, but we still bring them flowers whenever we visit."

He heard the click-clack of her kitten heels come to a dead stop behind him and the dimpled smile on her features dissipated as her jaw hung open for a few seconds while she processed the information, and to her credit, she was quick with the upkeep.

"I'm so, so sorry."
She spoke in sincere apology before she turned around to try and frantically wave off the cameraman who was still rolling with the footage.
"Maybe we should just cu---"

"Don't be."
the Ranger said with a resigned shrug---she was a little overeager perhaps, but she meant well---as he studied a few lilies which were for sale next to an arrangement of red dahlias and snapdragons. Calla lilies, not the ones he was looking for.

"When I was eight, we came here from across the seas. Four of us, worlds away from everything and everyone we knew. I was told to swim for the shore and not to look back---not exactly what an eight-year old wants to hear, but that was the reality of the situation. He made me promise I wouldn't, but love makes you do stupid things, like turning back and having a ten-foot wave crash into you while you try and pull them up from the depths because you can't imagine a life without them."

The presenter's eyes widened and her lips quirked up in interest as she motioned for the cameraman to keep rolling while she hovered close to the Hoenn native, watching as he parsed through the brilliant stalks of greenery in search of the white lilies which the elderly woman who was chatting with one of the workers was searching for.

"My father and mother and sister and I, we were all that we had and love was all that kept it together when we were on food stamps or two months behind on rent. None of us had the luxury of flowers like these to profess our love for a long time, but we found it everywhere else. Sometimes it was father skipping dinner for a month so we could keep having ours, sometimes it was my sister and I finding a job as children behind their backs so we could contribute to the household and they wouldn't have to put in that extra shift, other times it was pooling together what we had left over from necessities...maybe twenty, thirty dollars if my paper route was kind and I clocked in an hour earlier at 5am...for yearly presents."

Next to him, Saladin flicked an ear, paused for a moment to count that amount of money on his paws and balked a little as he set that memory against the way his partner freely passed around fifties to people who needed it these days.

"Nothing grandiose, no big gestures, we couldn't afford and don't get me wrong---flowers and chocolates are great, but that kind of love and sacrifice when you have almost nothing, it sticks with you a lot longer than that. A lifetime, if we're being honest."

The blonde woman nodded sagely with a somber expression which was broken by the purple Iris held out to her by the Ranger and her features lit up as she accepted it with a breezy "Thank you!" when Sirhan gave her a nod that told her the gift had been paid for.

"And maybe they're gone now and I've faced that reality without them I was so afraid of, maybe my family's is a little broken....but it's still good. Still enduring. Still loved. Even got myself a couple of new additions y'know?"
As he went on, he plucked a flower crown of daisies and peonies from the stands and placed it on Srikandi's head as she burbled delightedly and slid down into his arms. The billowing pollen caused her to sneeze however and a rain of petals spiraled upon Saladin who sniffed at them tentatively as they landed in his fur and more importantly, his carob chocolate bar. Not one to discern a treat however, he continued munching on it, petals and all and Sirhan managed a chuckle as he kissed the baby dragon's pudgy cheek and scratched the Riolu's floppy ears when Srikandi started croaking once more and flailing her arms at a jumble of stalks half-hidden behind an impressive bouquet of picture-perfect red and blue roses.

"Aha, found it!"
The Ranger exclaimed as he rushed over towards the the spot and retrieved a clutch of the speckled pinkish-white lilies, just enough for a small vase.
"Amma, will this be enough?"

Immediately the elderly woman scooted over with a bright smile as she gathered up the flowers he held out to her and nodded her approval.

"Perfect."
Uzma crooned softly as she pressed a kiss to his cheek and clutched the flowers close to her heart with a melancholy smile.
"They're going to love these, don't you think?"

"They will, and we have a lot to tell them about this time."
Sirhan reassured her as he pulled her into a warm one-armed hug before handing her enough money to pay for the entire purchase. As he watched her make her way towards the cashier, he let out a soft sigh before turning his attention to the interviewer once more.
It was easier for him to visit his father and Amira's graves rather than the lonely but well-cared for one belonging to his Houndoom out in Una way---despair could heal but guilt was something he still struggled with---but not a day passed that he didn't wonder what their lives would be like if things had happened differently, if he had come back to the shop ten minutes earlier .
Would he still have been a Ranger? Would he have gone into the abyss as far as he did?

"I mean, it's hard when someone you love is gone on a day like this but that's the thing about it. The world turns, flowers wilt, people pass on in body and the earth takes them but no one is really gone, not when a piece of their love lives on in someone else and they carry it with them their whole lives to pass it on to others."

As though on cue, the Riolu by his side finished the bar and let out a yap before clambering onto his back and ruffling his hair playfully with sticky carob-covered fingers which prompted a bark of laughter from the Ranger who snuggled the pup's head in a crook of his shoulder.
There was still joy to be found after that despair, hard as it was some days.

"My family's love for me and my love for them made me who I am today; I'll carry it with me as long as I live and long after."

This post has been edited by Sirhan Saifuddin: Feb 15 2018, 03:36 PM

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Keimusho Onishi can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Hyperfly
Hyper Cutter
Lv.9
16%
Rotoxic
Poison Point
Lv.5
5%

0/20 Egg Posts
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Keimusho Onishi posted at Feb 16 2018, 09:43 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Who do I love and cherish? This may be a question that most may tend to struggle, but not I.", Keimusho said. "It's simple really. I love and cherish Hyperfly.", he said as he held the Trapinch in his arms. "I am honored to have the change to embark on this journey in Ho'ohiki with him, but besides that I also have my family to cherish. Without them I would never had this chance. Without my father i would have never have met Hyperfly in the first place. I am grateful that he gave me that egg all those years ago. I am grateful that my grandfather gave me a way to travel to this region and even though my mother didn't approve of Hyperfly, I still cherish her. I know that deep in her heart that she wishes for the best endeavors for me and Hypefly. I will use the opportunities that they gave me to the best of my ability."

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Lark can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Clef
Domestic
Lv.5
25%
Stanza
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Lyric
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lark posted at Feb 17 2018, 06:06 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Lark shifted in the blankets, consciousness returning to her. She laid still for a moment, listening for Xiang's breathing, and wondering what time it was. Was it morning? By the deep, rhythmic breathing, she could tell her husband was still deep asleep, so it couldn't be too late. She allowed her mind to drift in a pleasant haze, enjoying waking without bad dreams or anxiety weighing on her chest. She caught the scent of flowers, a smile tugging at her lips as she recalled the bouquet Xiang bought her the day before from a flower cart in Caecus. It was silly, getting flowers, when they were in a tent most days and nights as they traveled Ho'ohiki, but he had insisted. And she loved them.

"Whom do you love and cherish?" The woman had asked them as they passed, a light teasing in her voice. Xiang, naturally, immediately responded. "My lovely wife, of course." And then bought her the flowers. Whom do you love and cherish? She mused. Well, Xiang. That was a given. Her sister. Her Pokemon. Also to be expected. Before her mind could dwell into darker thoughts she circled back around to Xiang. She did love him, so much. A pang of guilt pulled at her heart. She hadn't been showing it much lately, had she? Or even been thinking about it, her mind and heart clouded with pain. Xiang standing patiently at her side--hurting too, she knew--but there for her at every step. Lark carefully shifted, turning so she was facing him. What did she love and cherish about him?

Everything really. Even the things that annoyed her, she found endearing outside of the immediate situation. His voice and how she felt drawn toward him every time he spoke. They way he gently laid a guiding hand on her, but in a way that didn't make her feel defensive (she was pretty sure he would do it even she wasn't vision impaired). The surprised laugh he gave when she said something unexpectedly funny. His witty banter and how she could hear the smile on his lips as he retorted. Her heart swelled thinking about him; his touch, his voice, his scent, the weight of his gaze on her, and his arms around her. How--how--could she have let this shadow stop her appreciation of her husband?

Lark wanted to touch him, trace her fingers along his cheek and lips, but that would surely wake him. She was surprised he hadn't stirred yet, with her breathing having changed from slumber to wakefulness--he was a dreadfully light sleeper and so mindful of her lately. She just wanted a few more moments to listen to his restful breath. For the first time in a long time, thinking about her love for him, she didn't feel like she was struggling to stay afloat.

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Matilda Bellerose can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Phlox
Domestic
Lv.5
8%
Marigold
Domestic
Lv.9
9%
Hyacinth
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Rose
Limber
Lv.2
6%
Tulip
Domestic
Lv.1
6%
Zinnia
Domestic
Lv.3
N/A

Matilda Bellerose posted at Feb 17 2018, 10:26 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Matilda hummed along with the radio as she rolled the fluffy spoonfuls of raspberry filling between her palms lightly to smooth their shape before setting them on the sheet pan beside her. Each ball was identical, meticulously measured out. Til didn't care so very much if her truffles were all exactly the same, but the precision meant the same number of calories per treat, and that would make things easier for the person for whom they were intended. When she scraped the sides to gather the last spoonful, she impulsively popped it into her mouth rather than her hand. She let her eyes flicker closed and gave a delighted little "Mmm!" as the bright, sharp flavor, only lightly sweet, burst to life in her mouth. This filling was perfect.

The song ended as she put the tray into the freezer to chill, removing the one she had put there earlier. "Hey there listeners! It's Wendy here with WXRP, and today we want to know who you love and cherish! Call in and tell us who and why, and your sweetheart might get to hear from you on air!" A string of listener recordings followed, gushing about spouses and boyfriends and secret crushes. Til smiled, stirring her nearly melted chocolate. There wasn't anything in life better than love, and just hearing others in love brought joy bubbling up in her chest.

She dropped a chilled ball of raspberry into the warm chocolate, flicking it with a fork to turn it in the dark chocolate before lifting it deftly and letting the excess run off. She lifted it to a fresh lined tray to set, casually swiping a finger over the chocolate that dripped onto the counter during the transfer. Love was the whole point of this laborious process, really. The truffles were Keandre's favorite treat she made, and they would be the perfect Valentine's gift for her best friend.

He would be over in a few hours with a bottle of wine and probably flowers, sweet boy that he was, and they would have dinner and then pile onto the couch in easy comfort and watch the traditional Valentine's Day double feature: first, a sappy romance to bring the tears, then a rom com with witty banter to end the evening with laughter. This had been their tradition every year they were both single since high school; this little ritual was a major factor keeping her from spending Valentine's Day in a maudlin funk.

Til wondered idly if they would be having dinner next year. Keandre had recently met someone, and while he was still being very quiet and casual about it, there was something in his smile when he talked about his mystery man that made Til think this was Something. The thought brought a smile to her lips. Keandre gave so much of himself to those around him, pushed himself so hard in all he pursued, but rarely thought to take anything for himself. He deserved something wonderful; a magical movie-worthy love with someone who would look after him and love him for the beautiful soul he was. Someone who could finally make him feel like he belonged just as he was, without having to play a part. Someone who would cherish him they way he carefully treasured all those he cared for. Maybe this new beau was the one.

She hoped so.

In the meantime, she would do her best to look after him as he had always looked after her, with care and thoughtfulness and unwavering support. And, of course, with truffles.

24 years old
I want you to HIT me as HARD as you CAN.
Open Inventory
LC:
E.T. Crowley can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Bootsie
Pressure
Lv.5
20%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

E.T. Crowley posted at Feb 17 2018, 10:24 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

Suddenly seized by the idea that someone had noticed that her knapsack contained a species that was supposed to be on a harness, E.T. jerked to a stop, pivoting on her bootheel, swollen knuckles up, as if preparing to defend herself from being mugged.

The smile on the apple-cheeked, immaculately-put-together, girl behind her barely flickered, although there was a very familiar look as she seemed to be mentally scaling down the number of syllables in the sentences that followed.

"It's the perfect time of year to tell someone special that you love them!" she clarified, her voice still somehow cheerily bright, and she patiently indicated a fluffy pink hat and a pair of dangling rose-quartz crystal earrings.

(The general effect was remarkably Diancie-like, for accessories that somehow also had to fit around a very smart skirt, tights, and frilly blouse.)

After a handful of moments, as she seemed to rapidly realize the lack of any recognition dawning in the big Orrean girl's eyes, the girl turned halfway to address a camera behind her - a graceful little spin that made the earrings flash - without missing a beat, and tipped it a mischievous wink, framing her chin between her thumb and forefinger. "Not that there's ever a bad time!"

E.T. backpedaled, looking hunted. She seemed to be searching for escape routes. "Is this like... a datin'-game thing?"

"It's even better than that, silly!" the girl - how old even was she, E.T. wondered, she didn't even look old enough to drive - insisted, and clicked her heels, smiling back at the cameraman, who held up a cautious thumbs-up. "This is Momoko-chan, live on the street, showing everyone the love we have here in the big city! Jaa jaan!"

The hulking Orrean girl's eyebrows furrowed, all at once, as her nerves deflated and there were tinny sounds of distant applause.

"Oh, this's like a... Good Mornin' Unova type'a thing," she muttered. Momoko loyally made a face for the camera, somehow accentuating a dimple.

"Boooo! No mumbling on Momo-chan's show!" she scolded, wagging a finger, and turned to eye E.T. again, who immediately stiffened her shoulders, as if facing down a dinosaur. "Do you think she must be shy?"

E.T. froze. She'd never been accused of that before.

"Maybe it is a secret!" Momo's mouth became a perfect, tiny, "o" as she swiveled back toward the camera. "Secret crushes!" The cameraman tapped a few buttons. E.T. got the distinct, disparaging, feeling hearts or confetti were being showered across the video. "How romantic!"

"I don't have any secret crushes, an' I'm goin' ta miss a ferry," E.T. growled, flushing, attempting to wave the microphone away, and hoping nobody realized she'd just come off a ferry.

"That's okay! Momo-chan doesn't have any secret crushes, either!" the girl announced, somehow keeping pace at a sprightly skip, and turning to face the camera, as if revealing a tawdry secret. "My camera man Ninamori-san likes ice cream the best! But no one at the studio thinks that is a secret!" She winked again, and there was the sound of more distant laughter through her earpiece. Ninamori seemed to be feebly protesting.

E.T. hesitated, even as the urge to raise her voice and start swearing and tearing up lampposts to swing at passerby swelled like a plume of heat at the base of a balloon.

Starting a scene in broad daylight in the middle of a city this big was just going to draw more attention; Bootsie was never one to know when to stay out of a fight, and blowing her one good favor with the local Rangers on something as avoidable as a leash law violation would make for a powerful waste.

"Well, um..." She stumbled, licking her lip with the tip of her tongue. Momoko spun back around, her expression twinkling with amusement.

"Uwa! Maybe the tourist is having boy problems!" she teased, and tilted her head, making the earrings jingle.

"D-definitely not," E.T. almost hissed, too quickly, and Momo's expression became something shrewd. Oh, hell.

'Boy problems' would have been an easy enough exit. Now what?

E.T. paused, expression distant.

She thought about being twelve years old, and about the Kantonese Grimer that she'd discovered had been living in a discarded crisp packet under her dormitory bed, a few days before she'd been expelled from her first boarding school.

She remembered throwing her satchel onto the bed and folding up on the floor with her head in her arms - black eye, missing tooth, skinned knees sticking to what had been her only clean pair of white socks, and all - and hearing the faint, meaningful, crinkle as something behind the dust ruffle pushed a cupcake wrapper that still had a few clinging crumbs of chocolate out from under it.

She'd jerked up the bedclothes, alarmed, then seen the shape of something with enormous fried-egg eyes that smelled like crude engine grease, as it tried to shelter itself behind some crumpled assignments, and almost immediately found herself feeling solidarity with it.

"Nobody crazy about havin' you around, either, huh?" she'd asked, between hiccups, and extended one grubby hand. "My mum calls me Turp."

She thought about the Koffing she'd met at the Academy, when she'd been nineteen. She'd shared a carton of ice cream with her after coaxing her out from behind the baseboard. The Poison-type had been crying embarrassed acetone tears, her spigots still belching helpless little spumes of thick, foul-smelling, yellow gas and there had been a crystalline moment where E.T. had realized what was needed was fast diplomacy -- where she'd half-lifted her ass from the floor and farted so loudly the pages of an open textbook had fluttered.

She thought about the Weepinbell who'd been 'boxed' after his partner - a police officer - had suffered an 'incident' during a raid, and how many times she'd rewritten the same arguments and mailed the same letters and stubbornly insisted on the same terminology during her final paper -- all because she'd seen enough pictures of partnered Grass-types hosed down with weedkiller or torn apart by string trimmers to demand that they deserved to be better-protected.

"Poison," she said, vaguely.

Momoko looked at once mortified and deeply impressed.

"Uwaaaaaa...! That's one way to deal with boy problems!" she declared, mugging for the camera again.

"I mean th' type! Th' poison type -- not -- that's wha' I love an' -- an' whatever th' other thing was ya said," E.T. retorted, heatedly. She wrung her gloved fingers in the hem of her jacket, and haltingly continued, "Cause... I mean, that's what everyone t'inks of them, right? Tha' they're like a weapon, they're only good for hurtin' people. But they're not weapons, they're alive, an' didn't one of 'em choose ta stink, or ta be hurtful by accident, or ta hafta be somethin' that picks up after humans all th' time." Her voice faltered a little. "An'-an' I guess lookin' at somethin' like a Grimer, or a Koffing, or a Trubbish, an' realizin' that they were just a big smelly heap've stuff we shouldn't be spillin' or spewin' or throwin' out in t'first place, but they're alive now, 'cause... 'cause it makes ya t'ink that all things strive, y'know?"

Momoko blinked.

"It makes ya think maybe ya don't always have ta stay what ya started out as, ev'n if the only changes are th' ones happenin' on the inside, an'... I think there's somethin' beautiful about tha'," E.T. finished, almost in a mumble, fiddling with her jacket buttons again, before forcefully shoving her hands in her pockets.

"Poison-types!" Momoko repeated, and clapped both hands to her face. "Maybe a gym some day!"

"I'm not gonna -- "

"No dream is too big, with the power of love!" Momo trilled over her, almost without effort, and cupped both dainty hands into a heart, beaming at the camera again. "The bigger the better~! That's what Momo-chan loves best, is hearing about all of your hopes and dreams, Uberimme City!"

The idol winked, then flounced away in a shower of sparkles, waving at a young couple sitting at the edge of the fountain, trailing a few handlers and Ninamori the cameraman in her wake.

"This ruddy town," E.T. managed at last, watching her go, and shaking her head. From inside her knapsack, Bootsie began to snore.

18 years old
wolf mother, where you've been?
Open Inventory
LC:
Bevy Bekke can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Hemlock
shed skin
Lv.6
12%
Melissa
synchronize
Lv.2
6%
Rare Egg
Lv.
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A
Larvesta Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Bevy Bekke posted at Feb 19 2018, 11:35 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
[[ i meant for this to be soft and sweet but then cw: miscarriage ]]

It was that time of year again, and with it came a wash of memories that always brought Enna down into an awful, miserable slump. It was hard not to think of the future that had been broken, shattered, and thrown into the mud just to be stomped on some more. Ratchie, of course, had the best way to cheer up his headmate: tons and tons of chocolate that they probably couldn't afford to splurge for on their measly part-time income.

Soulmate for most people meant someone who was separate from you, but for Ratchie, his family-- Enna and even Calypso-- were his soulmates. Thinking about it, they honestly were closer than family. He didn't know where he would be without them, and as he settled up in their tiny apartment (which they had only recently managed to scrape together enough money for) in a bundle of blankets and hot cocoa, he encouraged Enna forward despite the despair that made her want to disappear into the darkest corners of their minds.

Come'on, Enny, my treat. Look, even got that book you've been wanting to read. At least hang out and enjoy the chocolate, okay? His thoughts coaxed, and she mumbled softly as she reached out in a haze and picked through the spread of personal treats with a guilty pang of her heart.

Funny how the happiest moments of your life could be turned into absolute agony to look upon. She couldn't bring herself to think too deeply about it, but tears fell from her face as she pulled chocolate from its wrappers and nibbled on it. She didn't deserve sweets. I say you do, Ratchie insisted softly from somewhere just behind her thoughts. She had let everyone down. You've raised so many beautiful kids. Where would Melissa be without you? It was her fault that their child was dead. Ratchie tried to protest, but her thoughts grew louder: she was never going to see him again. His baby was dead, she let her own baby die. Of course they hated her. Everyone should hate her.

She managed to eat a few pieces of chocolate before entirely breaking down into a mess of tears, Ratchie softly trying to remind her of the good, of what he loved so much about her. Nearly an hour passed to miserable, horrible thoughts. No one else is ever going to love us, the words swirled in her mind. It's all my fault. Before Ratchie's second soulmate came looming up from the edges of their shared mindspace, her voice soft and quiet.

Enna, Calypso urged. The mysterious headmate had so rarely thought so directly to the other two. I think I'm... romantically interested in someone. All of Ratchie's gentle, encouraging words had not silenced her thoughts so swiftly as those words. Smartly, he backed off until his prescience was little more than a swirl of curiosity toward the conversation.

What felt like minutes passed in silence, Enna brushing tears and snot from her sore, reddened face. ... Who? She dragged her knees up to wrap her arms around, glancing toward the trio of eggs that they had nestled up by the heat vent, a pair of pokeballs set aside nearby.

There was an internal deep breath, a bracing within their thoughts. Rrrremember that weirdo at the Pokemon Center a few days back? Tall, built like a truck, -- So far, neither Enna or Ratchie seemed to have recollection. And there was no way she was going to give them an exact memory of what Crowley looked like, heaven forbid they see how exactly she remembers her crush-- Uhh, she had a sneasel?

Immediately, of course, Enna remembered the Sneasel. Bootsie? The name came to the front of her thoughts. The acknowledgement from Calypso's headmates as they remembered Crowley sent a fresh burst of feelings that sent her skittering back into the shadows of their thoughts.

Why didn't you say anything sooner? Enna prodded gently, sniffling in her coiled up spot on the bed. ... I mean... I know you don't really... Don't really like hanging around with the other headmates, the unspoken words said. Ratchie still considered Calypso a vital part of them, even if she avoided them, and Enna loved her unconditionally. Maybe that was why she kept away.

Anyway. Calypso didn't answer the question. ... you're good at gushy stuff, Enna, she said. I want to... you know... tell her? A tiny hum of agreement bubbled up from their throat, and Enna untangled herself from her nest. Gently, Calypso slipped forward and helped her get out of the bed, over to their bag to fetch a pen and maybe some paper. An actual Valentine. This definitely wasn't what Calypso was about in the slightest, but...

Hell, if it helped distract Enna and get her through the day, it would be worth it. Calypso might not admit it directly, but the quiet and discrete nudges proved it-- she cared about her headmates too. Though as Calypso helped Enna finish off the chocolates Ratchie had bought, she had to admit his idea hadn't been half bad.

[GGE Egg Posts: 4/40] [Easter Egg Posts: 8/20] [Larvesta Egg Post: 16/40 (Incubator)]

25 years old
I'm perfectly incomplete I'm still working on my masterpiece and I I wanna hang with the greatest gotta Way to go, but it's worth the wait, no You haven't seen the best of me I'm still working on my masterpiece
Open Inventory
LC:
Benedetta Rosa can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Lacy
thick fat
Lv.6
18%
Aric
Domestic
Lv.1
6%
Mark
aroma veil
Lv.1
N/A
Bonbon
domestic
Lv.1
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Benedetta Rosa posted at Feb 20 2018, 03:33 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Benedetta set up her camera for the first time in her new house, trying to find a good setup and a good angle, all that that came along with a new space to record in. She usually had a space pre-setup that she rarely used, but now she'd have to find a new one. Finally when she had everything all set to go it was time to get this holiday video over with. She'd stopped making videos on the large for social media but she'll usually put one together for the holidays. After her usual intro, her face would be shown, hair well groomed and falling perfectly around her face, makeup used strategically where it needed to be, and a cutesy pink shirt with a black collar showing in the frame.

"Hi everyone!" her adorable tiny voice would announce, giving a 'peace' sign with her fingers a bright lovely smile. "It's time for another holiday video, Valentine's Day edition!" she started, gesturing around to all her pink and red streamers, little paper hearts hanging from the ceiling, she decorated her entire house for this event, it was her favorite holiday, after all! Everything was pink, red, covered in hearts, nothing was safe from the clutches of valentine's day. "I've got so much planned today! We're going to make cake pops, and answer questions, and all sorts of fun!" she continued, before the video would cut to her kitchen as she stood at the counter tops, similarly well decorated in the colors of the season.

She did everything she promised, make cake pops and even and actual cake big enough to decorate with the cake pops, she'd have so much fun eating that later. Once that whole segment was done though she would go back to her original setup and begin answering fan questions. She answer several questions along the lines of 'do you have a boyfriend?' which was met with a cringe face and quick explanation, to 'Fav color?' which got a nice little rambling about all the different shades of pink and how they went well with splashes of black. Finally the question would arrive on her phone though, 'Who do you love and cherish, sweetheart?' This was met with a blank expression toward the camera for a long moment, before she excitedly began to speak.

"I love a lot of things! I love my parents, who gave me so so much all my life, I love their pokemon, I love fairy pokemon, I love so many things! That's why I like Valentine's Day so very much, cause I have so much love to give!" She would continue to ramble on about how much she used to play with her parents pokemon, before realizing that this question was going on far too long and moving on.

53 years old