PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO UBERRIME CITY
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Pidove Pichu Elekid Helioptile Pawniard
With cities come pests, and Uberrime has its fair share of annoyingly domesticated Pokémon. Pichu and Elekid form strange social packs, working together to rifle through the bits and pieces left outside of diners and cafes. Helioptile, originally introduced to feed on the massive Pichu infestation, are now just as big of a nuisance, sunning themselves on the stone sidewalks and occasionally snacking on the overweight Pidove that flock to Uberrime. Pawniard trained by the local branch of Rangers work to keep crime - at least, the obvious kind - to a minimum. Uberrime's official bird is Pidove.
The very definition of opulence, Uberrime is packed to the brim with shining metal buildings, bustling shopping centers, and the latest in technology from researchers around the island - and even from other regions. Far and away the most advanced city for miles, Uberrime boasts a multi-story gym, highlighting Steel and Electric-type Pokémon, along with an alternative route through which those less inclined to fight can answer puzzling questions to advance. Those with scientific interests will be right at home, especially researchers, who will no doubt find work in any field they please. Breeders, however, may find themselves up a proverbial stream without a proverbial paddle, as Uberrime's population is inundated with the latest in pure blooded oddities and attractive award-winning Pokémon. Oddly, Uberrime seems to have no discernible culture, nor has it ever...

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Whit's fur ye'll no go past ye, Interaction - Cuan
This user is currently Offline.
38 years old
There is no reconciliation that will put me in my place
Open Inventory
LC:
Fergus Dae-Ho can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Elvis
Sturdy
Lv.5
15%
Stevie
Guts
Lv.5
15%
Jett
Keen Eye
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Fergus Dae-Ho posted at Feb 3 2018, 08:30 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
You’d think after living here for so long his nose would be dead to it. The smell of Uberrime varied from alley to alley but there was always something particularly pungent in this run down neighborhood. Even the Pidove didn’t bother rooting through the trash, there was rarely a snippet of food left to steal.

But the drunk midget had given him this address and now he was starting to doubt there was any money to get paid with.

Fergus stood by the door, letting a fist hit the door hard with a few taps and waited, ears trying to pick up a few stray noises from inside.

31 years old
Wee Boss Neep
Open Inventory
LC:
Cuan Breslin can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Sake
Contrary
Lv.5
15%
Stout
Guts
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Cuan Breslin posted at Feb 3 2018, 08:46 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Sleeping off a possibly concussion was never a good thing, let alone doing it for a couple of days without supervision but Cuan had never been a wise person and sleep came regularly and hard for him. Yet it was with luck that his mind must have been teetering on the edge of wakefulness that he heard the knocks at his door.

Startling awake, Cuan shot up like a rocket, standing on his raggedy, stained mattress and wobbling as he blinked heavily until he tumbled back down. A near miss of the wall and his head had him at least consciously thankful as he rolled off onto the much more stable floor and stood up.

“Feck! oi'm comin'. 'owl yisser fecking 'ahrses.” He yelled, walking to the door, and pulled it open sharp and fast. “What?”

38 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Elvis
Sturdy
Lv.5
15%
Stevie
Guts
Lv.5
15%
Jett
Keen Eye
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Fergus Dae-Ho posted at Feb 3 2018, 08:58 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Fergus blinked at the sudden rush of air to his eyes from the yank, getting an eyeful of the room and feeling his doubts about cash rise higher. Eventually his eyes shot down, brow already twitching up. Well this was the right place then.

“What dae ye mean, what?” He was sober right? Fergus absently blew a piece of hair out of his eyes. “Yoo speart me tae come by fur a job. Dae ye hae it ur ur ye wastin' baith uir time?” Of course he looked like he took a wall to the face at some point too. That kind of thing couldn’t be good for a memory, let alone a drunken one. “The bar, thee days ago?”

@Cuan Breslin

This post has been edited by Fergus Dae-Ho: Feb 3 2018, 08:58 PM

31 years old
Wee Boss Neep
Open Inventory
LC:
Sake
Contrary
Lv.5
15%
Stout
Guts
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Cuan Breslin posted at Feb 3 2018, 09:17 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Cuan stared at him a moment, his face swollen but managing to pull off the most dumbfounded and disbelieving squint until it hit him like another mug to the face. “Ah! roi roi. comb in. wait naw stay dere. ah waaat de feck do oi care.” He walked away, leaving the door wide open.

Inside there seemed to be the rumble of some kind of aggressively festive music playing from another floor while a couple of red and white bottles of peppermint vodka were propped up next to the bed. Cuan was torn between rapidly picking up the various cans and bottles, although he seemed to at least care about that regularly enough to have a recycle bin that already seemed a bit too full to take more.

“Shet wha ded i poeht de damn tin',” He hissed, scratching his head as he wandered into the kitchen and opened up the freezer. “Foun' it! 'oy much did oi tell yer? oi mind feck al' from dat noight.”

38 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Elvis
Sturdy
Lv.5
15%
Stevie
Guts
Lv.5
15%
Jett
Keen Eye
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Fergus Dae-Ho posted at Feb 3 2018, 09:41 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
There was a niggling worry that the other man might have some permanent brain damage with the faces he was making. Fergus followed in, thankful the mess was at least localized. Tripping over bottles wasn’t fun when your center of gravity was in the clouds.

“Yoo keep it in th' freezer?” It’s not like he was expecting the typical ‘sock under the mattress’ way of banking. That style was too obvious. Fergus used a floor board when he couldn’t get to the bank.

Didn’t remember feck all? Fergus was tempted to just blatantly lie about it, but he was already letting his morals slip here and there. No reason to push it. “Yoo said thee hunder, but ye also ne'er actually tauld me th' job.”

@Cuan Breslin

31 years old
Wee Boss Neep
Open Inventory
LC:
Sake
Contrary
Lv.5
15%
Stout
Guts
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Cuan Breslin posted at Feb 3 2018, 10:25 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Within the freezer was a decent sized lock box that he he pulled out and put shoved on a counter that looked like it had never been used for more than opening bottles. At least in Cuan’s time in owning the apartment. It was big in his hands and Cuan seemed barely able to hold it and it fell heavily but once it was there he seemed to barely care that Fergus had joined him when it came to inputting the haphazard, lazy code.

Once it clicked he pulled open the door to reveal a sizable amount of cash, bundled and suspiciously clean. Having to take apart a bundle he counted out 300 dollars, or as close to 300 as his brain could hash out before holding it out to the man. “Tree ton.”

When the man asked him about the job he squinted again before their was another spark of memory going through his swollen eyes. “Well… oi go raun 'elpin' people, call it pest control, usually it lands me into a bit av trouble. cheesed aff folk an' al'. Oi nade someone ter back me up, if yer 'ill. i’m gettin' knackered av bein' punched in de gob wi' guiness mugs.”

38 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Elvis
Sturdy
Lv.5
15%
Stevie
Guts
Lv.5
15%
Jett
Keen Eye
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Fergus Dae-Ho posted at Feb 3 2018, 10:58 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Either his eyes were messed up or he saw Cuan input 1234 as the lock box code. That had to have been wrong. Maybe it had some other security to it, like preventing tiny drunken thieves from lifting it.

Fergus took the cash wad, tucking it into the pocket of his leather coat. He didn't bother to recount it, having eyed each bill as they were handled. “So Ah can lose mair beer oan yer face?” He was still salty about that. It hadn't even be Cuan’s fault since it was the other guy snagging his beer.

“Weel, gezz yer phain. Aam nae stayin' haur wi' ye.” He was pretty sure he saw the mattress twitch at one point, ghost types or bugs probably.

31 years old
Wee Boss Neep
Open Inventory
LC:
Sake
Contrary
Lv.5
15%
Stout
Guts
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Cuan Breslin posted at Feb 3 2018, 11:41 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Cuan turned away to lock the thing and shove it back into the freezer, having considerably more problems lifting it than taking it out. It barely worked in his favor as he was left gasping as he shut the freezer door sharply. Arceus since when was he so out of shape? He fights people all the time!

“If yer want ter lose it on me bake, oi wouldn’t mind dat wan bit,” He grinned as he turned around, probably looking less enticing and more pathetic with how the bruises had bloomed overnight. Not that many found Cuan enticing on a good day which hadn’t bothered Cuan so far.

When the man talked about not living with him, Cuan had a laugh. “Oi don’t tink that’s part av de dayle but it 'ill greatly pain me as a persahn dat yer don’t want ter stay wi' me.” The grin on his face wided, Cuan flinching not even a single wince, too used to the pain on his face to seem to care.

“Nigh dare is a quesshun oi 'av. waaat de bloody 'ell is yisser name?”

38 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Elvis
Sturdy
Lv.5
15%
Stevie
Guts
Lv.5
15%
Jett
Keen Eye
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Fergus Dae-Ho posted at Feb 4 2018, 12:56 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Fergus just stood there and watched him struggled with the heavy ass thing. He probably should offer to help his… boss. “Waste ay a guid Windswept.” Besides, if you were going to pour something on someone for kinky reasons, it might as well be something simple. Body shots had a purpose.

“Name’s Fergus. Where’s yer phain?” He asked again, like he was talking to a small child, which Cuan might as well be. He could probably use the man as an armrest. They were going to need to be able to contact each other at some point and Fergus wasn’t up for dealing with carrier pidoves. “I’ll pit mah number in an' ye can flirt aw ye want, lang as i’m gettin' paid.”

He probably shouldn’t have given blanket permission like that, but he could always ignore it. He was good at ignoring things. Usually. “Ain 'at fetchin' shade ay purple oan yer face ain’t daein' ye nae guid.”

@Cuan Breslin

31 years old
Wee Boss Neep
Open Inventory
LC:
Sake
Contrary
Lv.5
15%
Stout
Guts
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Cuan Breslin posted at Feb 4 2018, 04:11 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Cuan chuckled under his breath, raspy as sandpaper and wispy as spider silk, when he said it was a waste. In Cuan’s opinion? It really was. It wasn’t like he could feel bodyshots in half the places that were interesting. Still it was fun to illicit a bit of flirting, even if the recipient didn’t seem to bat an eye. Unfortunate, really, but sometimes these things just happen. Yet with Cuan’s cheekiness it probably would happen again.

“Cuan..” He frowned and walked past Fergus to go digging around a pile of clothes near the mattress he called a bed and came away with his own leather jacket, much more worse for wear. Rummaging around in the pocket he came away with a beat up phone that was probably one or two models into the original line of smartphones. Cuan swiped across the phone, once, twice, and third time's a charm on a screen that was cracked and barely responsive. He held it out to Fergus. “Expect full payments every... oehh.. does a mahnth soun' fair?”

Cuan couldn’t help but snort and roll his eyes. “Jist yer wait 'til oi 'ayle over, i’ll luk roi approachable-” He meant to add onto his snark, lay it on thick when his stomach gurgled and he started to question just long it had been since he last ate. “Tell yer what. Why dahn't oi take yer oyt ter breakfast. Dere is a gran' diner down de street.”

38 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Elvis
Sturdy
Lv.5
15%
Stevie
Guts
Lv.5
15%
Jett
Keen Eye
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Fergus Dae-Ho posted at Feb 4 2018, 05:04 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Fergus snatched the phone, other brow going to level itself off with it’s partner while he stared at the mess of a screen. It barely detected his fingers, but he somehow managed to punch in his number and saved it under his full name, no flair. He texted himself.

“Once a month… works.” His eyebrows relaxed into something normal as he handed the phone back. “Lang as it’s nae th' end ay th' month. Ah got rent tae pay oan th' 24th.” Fergus slid his own phone out to add the number and get rid of the notification. He saved it under ‘Wee Boss Neep’. “Ain i’m sure th' burds ur linin' up at yer duir.”

He hesitated at the offer for food before shrugging. “Yoo payin’?” If it was a yes then he’d definitely come along, because free food was everything when you were living nearly paycheck to paycheck.

@Cuan Breslin

31 years old
Wee Boss Neep
Open Inventory
LC:
Sake
Contrary
Lv.5
15%
Stout
Guts
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Cuan Breslin posted at Feb 5 2018, 12:40 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Cuan watched the man. More accurately his eyes roamed around trying to remember just what happened three days ago. Usually he doesn’t drink enough to lose memory but his head hurt enough to say he either got really shit faced and/or got hit in the head multiple times. From the looks Fergus had been giving him, something he did not miss even through his swollen eyes, he’d wager it was both. Joy.

“I’ll keep dat in mind,” He grinned, tapping the side of his head, likely looking more like a loon than a respectable man with a respectable job. Then again, Cuan was neither so common sense would wager he was in fact: a loon. When he got his phone back however he took his time pecking at it roughly until a date and time was added in his callander. “I’ll pay yer on de 18th av every month. Shud be plenty av time av time ter gie yer yooehr wages.”

And if he didn’t have the money, it would be plenty of leyway in order to get it before the 24th. Boy oh boy was he smart.

When Fergus asked, the magical question Cuan always asked on the sparse times he was asked out for drinks, he chuckled. “Yeah yeah I’ll pay for yooehr breakfast. Laest Oi can do for what yer did de other noight.” Digging around in more pockets Cuan found a few wallets, opening them quickly and grabbing bills that had seen a lot of use, the kind that were velvety soft and crinkled with a few having been taped together or written on. Then there was a slow creeping realization in his brain for something he didn’t particularly know.

“So'tiz de mornin', isn’t it?”

38 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Elvis
Sturdy
Lv.5
15%
Stevie
Guts
Lv.5
15%
Jett
Keen Eye
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Fergus Dae-Ho posted at Feb 5 2018, 06:30 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Fergus nodded at the agreed time, shuffling on his feet with a squint. He probably shouldn’t be working for someone that had the potential to be mental. At least he could knock him on his ass if something went to shit.

But he was getting paid, free food, and the potential to… well, do his old job again by the sounds of it. Just less legally. That could be a problem. He wasn’t on board with the idea of getting arrested and he wasn’t exactly a face in the crowd, seeing that he towered over most of it.

It was starting to hurt his neck to stare down at the imp, and his brows were hurting at the olympics they wanted to perform. “Mornin'? It’s nearly fower in th' efternuin.” How long was he sleeping? Actually with his face set like that, maybe he had been unconscious for a while. “Coods ye nae hear th' Pidoov gonnae a bampot awreddy? Yoo’re buildin' has nae soond proofin'.”

@Cuan Breslin

This post has been edited by Fergus Dae-Ho: Feb 5 2018, 06:31 AM

31 years old
Wee Boss Neep
Open Inventory
LC:
Sake
Contrary
Lv.5
15%
Stout
Guts
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Cuan Breslin posted at Feb 5 2018, 12:52 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
While not knowing any of Fergus’ concerns, Cuan had a great relationship with the local law enforcement on the off days they actually showed up, which wasn’t all that often. It was one of the reasons Cuan was such a popular option when it came to dealing with things. While people had caught on quick the first few times Cuan was arrested that he wasn’t a Ranger, people still treated him in the same category as if he was one and Cuan ate that up like candy. He hoped Fergus would do the same and help him help the people around the area and even further.

“What de feck yer mean fooehr in de afternoon? 'oy lahng 'as it been sence de scrap in de boozer? An' dahn't tell me its been several days!” He said grumpily, playfully happy face turning into quite the scowl as he tried to figure out just exactly what went on aside from getting smacked in the face with a glass object and Fergus stopping that from going on. Although the last part was still foggy and he only put it together from a comment and Fergus being here in the first place.

Putting on the leather jacket in his hand and dropping a few of the empty wallets in favor of the one he jammed full of cash Cuan moved toward the door, expecting Fergus to follow him. “Oi can’t 'ear dem. Naht over dat racket.” Cuan pointed toward the floor above which was still loudly playing some kind of festive music, possibly Christmas or more likely Jewish although all that came through was the beat with a scant few mumbles. “They are cahnstantly playin' sum kend av note. yer joehst git used ter it.”

Cuan took keys off a wrack next to the door, which Cuan had never felt like closing the whole time, and waited for Fergus. Someone might have cared leaving the house looking like some underground troll (or at least someone who had had spent some time in the underground fighting rings) but Cuan didn’t give a shit and neither did the this part of town or the diner he planned on taking Fergus to. Ah the perks of living in the shitiest parts of town.

38 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Elvis
Sturdy
Lv.5
15%
Stevie
Guts
Lv.5
15%
Jett
Keen Eye
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Fergus Dae-Ho posted at Feb 6 2018, 02:08 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
It took a moment, the words processing before Fergus shook his head. “Th' barnie? 'at was thee days ago. Nearly fower if yoo’re coontin' hoors.” Had this idiot been out cold for that long? There’s no way. Humans needed water at some point. Though maybe he had been so out of it he didn’t remember waking up.

At mention of the music, Fergus shrugged. He could still hear other things through it, though the tinkling of bells had been rather annoying. He barely had to walk, long legs just pulling him to the door in a stride. Hands shoved in his pockets, he waited for Cuan to finish closing up. Not the guy looked like he had much to rob beyond the heavy ass lock box.

“Sae ur thaur onie jobs lined up suin? Ah want tae keep mah schedule accurate as possible.” Though in this line of business, who knows. Even working as a ranger meant occasionally getting called in at random or working an entire day at the office without a lick of actual work.

He wanted to ask how these jobs even found their way to Cuan, if he was well known for this racket or if the ratty apartment acted as some sort of office. And how that office didn’t scare customers away. But Fergus didn’t, just calmly staring at the top of Cuan’s head while following a step behind him.

@Cuan Breslin

31 years old
Wee Boss Neep
Open Inventory
LC:
Sake
Contrary
Lv.5
15%
Stout
Guts
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Cuan Breslin posted at Feb 7 2018, 06:13 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Cuan rubbed a hand across his face, wincing as he did. “Bloody 'ell.” It wasn’t the only thing he replied with, not in the best state—being sober was never a good look on him—but he’d hash it out. Four days was definitely was close to his record but he didn’t voice that to Fergus, not yet. He’d find out sooner or later but until then he’d just go to the diner and have plenty of food and coffee. Probably too much coffee.

It took a few tries to lock the door that was the devil’s mix of sunken in and swollen in its frame. A few loud slams coupled with the jam of the into the lock had finally had the door closed as it should be to keep everything that Cuan found precious safe inside. Even if it was mostly the alcohol.

“i nade ter check wi' sum people boeht dere may be a jahb in a few days. Oi can’t say for sure. People are fickle aboyt dees sorts av things. Ooehr jahb is a cahmplicated wan.” It wouldn’t be too complicated if Cuan were a Ranger with credentials and people to back him up rather than the chaos of trying repeatedly to take out people and Pokemon until he somehow found success.

Cuan shrugged as he lead them out of the building and down the listless street. Snow was falling sparsely but with the feeling that it could change any second into quite the storm. “I’ll explain more at de diner but tell me, Fergoehs… What made dis so appealin' ter yer? Oi guess Oi didn’t expect anyone ter take me up on an offer loike dis.”

38 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Elvis
Sturdy
Lv.5
15%
Stevie
Guts
Lv.5
15%
Jett
Keen Eye
Lv.5
N/A