PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

CLOSED
📄 New Topic
📊 New Poll

>  Pokemon PLEDGE needs your help!

How would you prefer us to implement donations on PLEDGE?
Donations (Paypal Donation Button) [ 4 ]  [23.53%]
Through Patreon [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Both/As many options as possible! [ 6 ]  [35.29%]
I do not want to donate/have no opinion [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I cannot afford to donate/have no opinion [ 6 ]  [35.29%]
Other: post or take the survey (link bellow!) [ 1 ]  [5.88%]
Total Votes: 17

This user is currently Offline.
24 years old
why is yikes plural?
why so many yike...
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Shafaer can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
ZIPZAP CAT
zip and zap
Lv.50
83%
Kaladin
Protean
Lv.50
86%
Calypso
Prankster
Lv.23
32%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Shafaer posted at Nov 6 2017, 03:48 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Hello PLEDGE!
Do you enjoy our site being ad-free with a 3-2-3 rating?
Well, we've come to you today hoping to find out a way to keep our site this way!

There are two options for getting your opinion out to us-- first of all, this thread doubles as a poll, please answer it honestly! We also have a google survey you can fill out to give more details(anonymously, if you prefer)!

But without further ado, let us discuss the possible rewards we're considering giving out for people who donate! Please note: We will not be giving out rewards that give technical advantages in game-- we do not want to be unfair to members who cannot afford to donate!

POTENTIAL PATREON/DONATION REWARDS
These are just ideas! Feel free to pitch your own, or give criticism/suggestions/alterations you would like to see! These can be for regular donations through paypal, or through patreon!
  • $1 - Patreon Award, "Patreon Member" User Title
    user posted image

user posted image
    Everyone who supports us will receive a new member class with a "Patreon Member" user title, as well as a fancy award for their miniprofile!

• $3 - Custom Color on Discord and the Chatbox!
    user posted image
    user posted image
    We're still deciding on what we want to use for colors for the chatbox, but Discord members will receive a fancy color role!

• $5 - Pokemon Drawing (Including Unique Quality Evolutions)
    user posted image
    Receive a custom pokemon drawing! This can be either one of your pokemon with one accessory, or a drawing of an unique quality evolution of one of your existing unique quality pokemon, pretty much entirely up to you!

• $10 - "Donator ______" Custom User Title With Your Favorite Pokemon!

user posted image
    Tell us your favorite (non legendary-- rares are okay!) pokemon and you'll be known as "Donator _____"! First come first serve, so if you snatch Eevee first, then its yours!

• $20 - Make your own NPC (... With art! :D)

• $50 - Create your own Event!
We would be honored to even receive $10 a month from anyone of you, but we could be sustainable on just twelve of our members chipping in a dollar a month!

Why are we asking for donations?
Almost all of the current staff is currently broke, between jobs, in school, or trying to support their family! We want to spend more time on PLEDGE, but real life has gotten super in the way.

PLEDGE's Premium costs $10 USD a month, or $80 USD a year! Our Chatbox costs $20 USD annually, but we run the site 100% for free!

If we can make over $12 USD a month in donations after Patreon and Paypal fees, we will save up to a year's worth for PLEDGE's premium and cbox costs, and past that, we would love to give our staff the extras to help support their lives outside of the site! The more money we receive, the more love we can pour back into PLEDGE.

TAKE THE SURVEY or post bellow if you have further comments, ideas, etc!

Thank you so much for reading, and please note that PLEDGE is not going anywhere-- but we may have to drop back to a 2-1-2 rating with ads if we cannot keep premium. At worst, we will have to replace the chatbox with discord only. Any support we can get is fantastic, and we look forward to the ideas our members can come up with!

24 years old
why is yikes plural?
why so many yike...
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
ZIPZAP CAT
zip and zap
Lv.50
83%
Kaladin
Protean
Lv.50
86%
Calypso
Prankster
Lv.23
32%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Shafaer posted at Nov 6 2017, 04:12 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Oh! Another option we could consider, possibly for any donations at $5 or more, a custom emoji of your choice on the Discord server! (and possibly added to the chatbox)

It would have to be approved by staff, but we have a bunch of slots open for emojis on the Discord server, and that could be fun!

(Expect me to keep posting more ideas here, nehehe.)

31 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Tigermyst can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Tigermyst posted at Nov 6 2017, 06:21 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Forgot to mention in the Google survey, but I find Patreon to be much easier for monthly donations, because I don't have to think about it and remember to donate. A donate button does tend to be easier for one-time donations, though, so I think the site would benefit from both.

----------
Hi! Wanna play? Check out my plotter!

35 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Rotenda can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Rotenda posted at Nov 6 2017, 08:11 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
I said PayPal because I never heard of the other thing and I actually know how to use PayPal

31 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Tigermyst can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Tigermyst posted at Nov 6 2017, 11:32 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Patreon is a secure, third party donation platform. Basically, you sign up and you can set it up for Patreon to donate for you to creators you want to support on schedules set by the creators. So a weekly podcast may take weekly donations while a writer may take monthly donations. They get your financial support, but no access to your information. Usually those creators use Patreon's system to deliver rewards to patrons--like a short story, an ad free or early release version of their podcast, or a high-quality digital art file. Obviously that part would work a little differently for a site like Pledge. Like I said, my favorite part is that Patreon does it for me, so I don't have to remember deadlines or miss out on goodies from the people I support.

This post has been edited by Delaney Lawder: Nov 6 2017, 11:37 AM

----------
Hi! Wanna play? Check out my plotter!

31 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Zuul can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Zuul posted at Nov 6 2017, 04:26 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Mashin and I are pretty broke sometimes, so we would be unable to subscribe for monthly payments. As such, Paypal is a more attractive option for us. That way we could donate what we wanted when we had the opportunity to do so.

26 years old
papa chaos
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sloth can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Orb
Water Bubble
Lv.33
100%
Cotton
Fluffy
Lv.33
100%
Pixel
Honey Gather
Lv.33
100%
Hurdle
Own Tempo
Lv.34
100%
Aster
Battery
Lv.34
100%
Burger
Blaze
Lv.34
100%

Sloth posted at Nov 6 2017, 05:17 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
We will probably provide options for both Paypal and Patreon equally with both having the same rewards although Patreon may get the privileged of seeing wip NPCs or art as they donate monthly and a few other behind the scenes goodies that we haven't thought of yet but nothing inherently better than donating once with Paypal. Paypal would get similar rewards but just for the single month in which they donated in. We have heard people preferring either/or and we do not wish to alienate those people who would like to help us in these ways.

----------

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Laika can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Laika posted at Nov 9 2017, 08:41 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
I think both options should be available! I don't have a lot of cash at the moment so I would prefer paypal, but once I have a steady income I wouldn't be adverse to donating a few bucks a month to keep the site going.

I may not be active here, but I really appreciate it existing you know?

24 years old
why is yikes plural?
why so many yike...
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
ZIPZAP CAT
zip and zap
Lv.50
83%
Kaladin
Protean
Lv.50
86%
Calypso
Prankster
Lv.23
32%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Shafaer posted at Nov 11 2017, 03:18 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Hey Laika, thank you so much! ;; We appreciate having you around regardless of your activity or donations, it's just great to see people always lurking and coming back <3 It means the world to me. We'll definitely have both options available.

Just to keep you all updated, we should have our Patreon all set up and started by Monday! Thank you all for your input and help, we'll be having a quick news on the 15th to ask for OTM nominations, and we'll be sure to mention everything about donating in detail there as well. The system might be a wee bit clunky at first, but by December 1st we should have all the kinks out and be running it like a well oiled machine :'D In the meanwhile, if you guys want to check out our fancy donator award, I've got that all set and ready to go <3
user posted image

We will also have paypal set up for sure by monday!!
Mostly just want to make sure we have all the tier rewards set up and have the patreon site be all shiny and pretty, since that's what we'll be using primarily
And as Percy mentioned, we are going to send out all of our monthly patreon rewards out to members who donate through paypal whichever month they donate, so you shouldn't miss anything there!

I also plan to have a little section by our affiliates and otms where we thank everyone who's donated that month; if any of you want to just be listed anonymous there or anything like please do let us know when you donate :'D

24 years old
why is yikes plural?
why so many yike...
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
ZIPZAP CAT
zip and zap
Lv.50
83%
Kaladin
Protean
Lv.50
86%
Calypso
Prankster
Lv.23
32%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Shafaer posted at Nov 14 2017, 02:08 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

HEY EVERYONE

Both our PAYPAL AND PATREON buttons are up on the guidebook now! If you would like to donate, please check out our page on how to donate!

We still have plenty of plans that we hope to put into action soon regarding donators, but for right now we have set up enough to get this train rolling, so please check it out! We will have an official news post in a few days to do OTMs and also make mention of this in full detail, so please please please keep an eye out for that! Our Patreon currently has all of the tiers full of stuff you need to know!

Also thank you to the members who added their input into the survey, a number of you suggested we bump up the unique pokemon drawing to at least $10 and I appreciate how much you guys love them, sincerely! A few of you have also suggested we bring down the custom user title to $3 (the Donator Eevee/whatever your fav poke is) and we might just bump that tier down once we have something better for the $10 spot-- but for now, it's something of a special luxury :'D

This thread is going to remain up for the rest of the month (possibly longer) so if you have more suggestions please go for it! We're happy to hear what you guys want, and even happier to offer all of this.

Lastly, I want to make a quiet mention that if we get well over our goal, we have some plans to possibly commission various artists for various extras on the site! If we get that far, we will keep in close contact with those who donate to see where you guys might want the money to go, so that's something to be excited for as a possibility!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
CLOSED
📄 New Topic
📊 New Poll

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay