PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

CLOSED
📄 New Topic
📊 New Poll

>  Mini-Event: Who's Your Sweetheart?, FEBRUARY 7TH, 2017
This user is currently Offline.
many years old
May love protect you from accidents and illnesses!
Open Inventory
LC:
Diancie can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Diancie posted at Feb 7 2017, 01:46 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

Who's Your Sweetheart?
Welcome to PLEDGE's first official Mini-Event! This Event will last for a week, right up until February 14th. As you can tell, we're here to celebrate Valentine's Day! However, our focus here on PLEDGE is not specifically romance-- instead, we're celebrating everyone we love in our lives, whether platonic, familial or romantic!
Through the magical whimsy of Diancie and her helpers, Carbink, mysterious sweets are showing up with tiny little cards for various people all over Ho'ohiki! This has been happening for years, though many adults scoff at the idea of some Legendary spreading love around the region for no reason. Many celebrate this special holiday anyway, giving small gifts of chocolate or flowers to their friends, family and lovers.

This mini-event is pretty simple! One character per member may post bellow, answering the following question either in an in-character post or quote from the character:

https://s20.postimg.org/fey8bczwt/t_fairy_big.png "Who do you love and cherish, sweetheart?" https://s20.postimg.org/fey8bczwt/t_fairy_big.png

On the 14th, this thread will close and every character that posted will receive a chocolaty treat! So go ahead and post away. Remember, any kind of love counts! And any kind of answer will receive a gift from Diancie, the Royal Pink Princess looks forward to all sorts of lovey-dovey nonsense. <3

As a reminder, the Gift Giving Event is still going on as well, so now's a good time for folks to give a festive gift to celebrate and earn a cute award. *NOTE:: Posts for the Sweetheart Event can be counted towards the Gift Giving event!

10 years old
Can I still just be me the way I am?
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Ash Vernon can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Eosphoros
Flame Body
Lv.6
12%
Star
Domestic
Lv.7
11%
Cure
Poison Point
Lv.7
10%
Gulo
Vital Spirit
Lv.7
10%
Noibat Egg
20 Egg Cycles
Lv.
N/A
Cutiefly Egg
20 Egg Cycles
Lv.
N/A

Ash Vernon posted at Feb 7 2017, 06:52 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Ash tilts her head at the question, pulling out a worn notepad from her backpack and a nearly used up black crayon, appearing as though she's about to write down her answer. However, as she flits through the pages, she pauses on one page and turns it around to show:

There's a crude, stick-figure drawing of a little girl, a large horned Rapidash at her side. More Pokemon fill in the margins: a Mareep, a Lillipup, a Nidoran, a Rockruff. Drawn more recently, bellow the family of Pokemon, is an assortment of people of all sizes and shapes and colors: her new family. There's a lot of them, but none are labelled-- given time she could probably write down all of their names.

Ash grins widely. She loves her new, haphazardly formed family and all her new friends. Her journey has brought her to meet many people and Pokemon, and she loves them all dearly.

----------

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Luke Taylor can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Kya
Swift Swim
Lv.5
30%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Luke Taylor posted at Feb 7 2017, 09:57 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Luke lifted the fishbowl in his arms to show the questioner. "Kya. Kya is the one I love and cherish most." The magikarp splished happily. Magikarp! She loved Luke the most!

----------
Personal Computer
Kya the Magikarp, F, Swift Swim

52 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Mano del Rosario can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Jailbird
Tangled Feet
Lv.5
5%
Kecleon Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Mano del Rosario posted at Feb 7 2017, 02:45 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Mano pauses in his work at his workbench to look at the wooden ring he's been working on for weeks now. He smiles. "Vega, my eagle, is the most important man in my life. I've loved him for 35 years and I plan on loving him for so many more." And then he goes back to work making the ring absolutely perfect.

19 years old
My ambition does push-ups in my sleep!
Open Inventory
LC:
Shiloh Ester can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Levitate
Lv.5
30%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Shiloh Ester posted at Feb 7 2017, 04:01 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
With her hands shoved into her sweatjacket's pockets, Shiloh looks a bit forlornly at the ground, biting her tongue when 'my parents' almost escaped her mouth. That wouldn't be a true answer, just an easy one. Duskull, sensing her hesitation, nuzzles up close to her; it sends a chill down her spine, of course, to make contact with the ghostly entity, but it makes her smile nonetheless. "Duskull! Of course I love Duskull, he's definitely the best. He makes me so much better, y'know? I'll appreciate that forever."

16 years old
H-hi...?
Open Inventory
LC:
Lauren Gray can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Joy
Natural Cure
Lv.8
9%
Blue
Thick Fat
Lv.6
6%
Mystery Egg
Lv.0
N/A
Togepi Egg
Lv.0
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lauren Gray posted at Feb 7 2017, 04:12 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Lauren leaned back in her seat and gazed down at the sleeping happiny in her lap. She smiled softly to herself and gently stroked the top of the youngster's head. Her thoughts flicked back to her family back in Sinnoh. It seemed like it had been so long since she'd seen them now and the teen still missed them. At least she had Joy, she hadn't realized how much one could love a silly little pink puffball like Joy but Lauren loved the happiny as much as she would any child she'd borne herself. Lauren leaned down and whispered gently into the little one's ear. "Love you my Joy."

56 years old
Alec Conall Dempsey
Bartender, pub owner, and
unofficial uncle of Campana.
Open Inventory
LC:
Alec Dempsey can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Aodh
Flash Fire
Lv.5
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Alec Dempsey posted at Feb 7 2017, 06:21 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Although the 'sweetheart' gets a raised eyebrow, the question is answered easily enough - Alec waves a hand in the vague direction of the massive wall of photos covering the space behind the Skarmory Inn's bar, the gesture passing over clusters of friends, former coworkers, pub regulars and quite a few photos of his own employees. "Campana's me family, yeah? Bit of an extended one, and I ain't one for cherishin', but close 'nuff for tax work."

16 years old
You are made of nebulas and novas and night sky;
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Ianthe Tolve can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Alya
Overgrow
Lv.9
8%
Zhaleh
Storm Drain
Lv.8
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ianthe Tolve posted at Feb 7 2017, 07:09 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Well, this wasn't a tough question. Ianthe grinned as she patted Alya's head, the Chikorita cheerfully butting her head into her palm in return with much more force than was strictly necessary. Zhaleh slid over, eager to be included, and the trainer obligingly petted the Shellos as well. "Well, where would I be without my Pokemon? Of course I cherish them. And..." Her grin softened into something more wistful. "Pro, of course. Wherever he is... I hope he's doing okay."

This user is currently .
years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Kalervo Arias can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Kalervo Arias posted at Feb 7 2017, 07:51 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Initially Kalervo scowled at the question presented to him. As far as he was concerned his family was rubbish, and none of them were deserving of his love or to be cherished by him. He had many relationships over the past years, but none of them were concrete; rather, they were all one-sided, manipulative, or born out of greed and necessity. "I love and cherish myself." He finally said with an edge of defiance in his voice. "Got no one to depend on but myself--" He had been about to go on to defend his seemingly arrogant and crass choice when Luan, his absol and sole partner, gave a whine as he walked up behind his trainer.

Kalervo's mouth hung open wordlessly as he froze in place. His stomach knotted horribly, and after a moment his face softened as he turned to hold a hand out to his absol. "I guess I'm not completely alone. Luan's been here...I can count on Luan." Their relationship was a fickle one at times, and to outside parties it could even appear quite harsh, but the pair of them were bonded, in sync, and perfectly understanding of one another. Kalervo had never said it a loud, but it was clear the absol and him shared a love of sorts.

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Layla Setting can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Lakan
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Layla Setting posted at Feb 7 2017, 10:02 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Well there was this one boy I had a crush on that would occasionally work on our ranch... H-Hey, don't laugh!"

15 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Hikaru Aito can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Flitter
Compound Eyes
Lv.13
6%
Speck
Shield Dust
Lv.3
N/A
Flappy
Keen Eye
Lv.5
N/A
Spongy
Innards Out
Lv.3
N/A
Amazon
Schooling
Lv.8
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Hikaru Aito posted at Feb 8 2017, 05:10 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Hikaru scratched the back of his head, chuckling gently. "Well," he said with a red face, "there was this girl I met. I helped her start the first few steps of her journey, and I wish her the best, but chances are that she will go so far past me that she'll forget all about me. Until then, I have my sweet Butterfree to keep me feeling loved and strong."

22 years old
Welcome to my world of fun
Open Inventory
LC:
Vicktor can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Knuckles
Flash Fire
Lv.9
34%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Vicktor posted at Feb 8 2017, 10:40 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Heroes always get remembered
But you know legends never die
He sat back, reclined in his seat with feet up and against the table before him. Smoke billowing from nostrils he exhaled, lips parting to only show a wide devilish smile at the offered question. Well he had love for many, always acknowledging such towards his fans through his career. "Oi I love mi'fans, couldn't live how I do without their love! He stopped for only a moment, taking another drag of his cigarette before his gaze flickered. Free hand reached down beside himself, fingers curling and shuffling through the thick fur of his beloved Heatmor. "Love mi pal Knuckles 'ere! Keeps mi level headed and focused, supporting mi through the years! Family and friend through thic'n'thin!" The large fiery companion nudged their snout against his face, deep rolling growls escaping them as if giving thanks and returning the beloved answer of love themselves.

It wasn't till Knuckles withdrew to sprawl out once again in comfort did Vicktor speak up again. A final drag from his cigarette had finished it off, long and harsh he let the smoke slowly escaping him with each word. "The one I love, the one I cherish ya? Only one soul as far as I'm concerned that can stand beside my own and take the heat! Passion and all!" He raised a brow, a low laugh rising up his throat with billowing smoke escaping his lungs with desperate need. Hand over chest he tapped along himself for a second, eyes shut in fond memories and a simply sweet grin. "Bernard, my heart and my soul. Sweet ol'Boggo boy himself! He still makes me nervous ya know? The little fireflies in the chest and all, a great feeling! Don't think that will 'eva go away, neither will the love we share, ya?. He's my soulmate, wholeheartedly believe it for this life and the next! Don't know what I did to deserve 'em but I'm elated and so thankful 'evaryday and just hoping this aint another dream!"

words: 330 | now playing | tag: none

14 years old
I SEXUALLY IDENTIFY AS A MEME.
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Leonhardt Wald can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Pidge
Lightning Rod
Lv.8
10%
Kala
RKS System
Lv.3
20%
Egg
Lv.
N/A
Egg
Lv.
N/A
Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Leonhardt Wald posted at Feb 8 2017, 10:46 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Who do you love and cherish, sweetheart?"

Leonhardt twiddled their thumbs together, pulling themselves up into a sitting position from the bench that they were oh-so-subtly hogging with the intent of taking a nap. Something about the diamond princess compelled them to tell her, and they sighed wistfully. "I love and cherish my new family... but I love and cherish Adam the most. He brought me out of a dark time in my life and got me away from my... situation at home." They smiled fondly, staring at the ground beneath the floating Pokémon. "He's an amazing man—and an awesome grandpa. He tolerates my memery and even tries to keep up with the times." Leon then made an 'oh!' sound and pulled out their phone, scrolling through their camera roll and showing Diancie a picture of Adam dabbing.

"I don't know what I'd do without Grandpa Adam," they laughed fondly. "I can't wait to go home to him and the rest of the fam soon."

----------
user posted image

27 years old
Beauty comes from the inside out
Open Inventory
LC:
Alarice Jansen can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Robin
Overgrow
Lv.27
16%

Iron Fist
Lv.1
5%

Sniper
Lv.19
17%
Eggy
Lv.1
N/A

Lv.
N/A
egg
Lv.
N/A

Alarice Jansen posted at Feb 9 2017, 01:26 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Alarice smiled brightly and looked at her pokemon. "My pokemon are my life. I cherish and love them the most." She said hugging the horsea that was in her arms. Horsea let out a sweet "horsea". Rowlet who was on Alarice's shoulder leaned against her and nuzzled her. Alarice giggled and gently pet the rowlet. "See, they love me too." She said. Alarice looked back at the interviewer. The way the interviewer looked at her made her giggle lightly. "I also love my parents and my family. And if you're wondering, no, I haven't found that special guy yet." She said with a tone of hope in her voice. She has her plan already planned out, she wants to grow old with her beloved pokemon and future husband.

----------

This user is currently .
years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Jamie McCrimmon can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Jamie McCrimmon posted at Feb 14 2017, 02:57 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Jamie blushes at the question. He knows the significance of this time of year as well as anyone else. "W-well, my family -- my parents, my sister Penny, everyone out at the ranch -- I love them, of c-course. And, ah, Lu, he's been a better partner than I could have asked for, especially considering he just appeared on our ranch out of nowhere. Soon we'll have more friends on the journey with us too," he continued, glancing over at where Lu was polishing the eggs. He was good with both of them, but he still showed an obvious preference for the one he'd found outside their room.

Now, quieter, so not even Lu could hear, Jamie whispers: "My research partner, Teddy --" He breaks off, a little smile ghosting over his face. "We'll see."

32 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Raymond James can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Sid
Intimidate
Lv.5
20%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Raymond James posted at Feb 14 2017, 02:13 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Who do I love and cherish?"

A soft chuckle, full of amusement and empty of warmth. Long fingers steepled in front of his face, then lowered to reveal ice-blue eyes slightly narrowed and a smile with a hint of teeth, one that could best be described with the word 'poisonous'.

"That's barely a question. Who do I love and cherish? Why, me, of course. Who else is there?"

This post has been edited by Raymond James: Feb 14 2017, 02:13 PM

21 years old
brave as a noun
Open Inventory
LC:
Ezra Williams can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Reaper
Aftermath
Lv.5
30%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ezra Williams posted at Feb 15 2017, 01:46 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Ezra shifted uncomfortably. “Who I love? Love is- love is complicated.” His fingers twisted into the fabric of his sweatshirt. However, he took Reaper’s heart-shaped ‘hand’ and squeezed it tightly, even as she began to try and drag him around. “Reaper’s...demanding, but I love her. Even if she’s a little more combative and...social than me.” With his spare hand, Ezra scratched the side of his face, pale hand shaking slightly with nerves and embarrassment. “And- and, of course, I love Abraham. Sometimes some people think our love isn’t as important because it’s not romantic, but...he means the world to me. He’s one of the only people I don’t have to think and pry and analyze around. It’s nice to...be able to relax around someone.”

many years old
May love protect you from accidents and illnesses!