PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO CAECUS TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Starly Flabébé Mime Jr. Snubble Cleffa
With flower boxes lining every street, polished white stone buildings towering in the air and dozens of Flabébé floating gently through the breeze, Caecus is a fairy-type lover's paradise, filled with Pokémon who have grown extremely used to human contact. Feral Snubbull are often simply adopted from off the streets, while Mime Jr.s and Cleffas collect the scraps fallen from the opulent outdoor dining tables of overpriced cafes. Caecus' official bird is Starly.
Both larger and more heavily populated than its sister-town of Campana, Caecus is just on the verge of being deemed a true city, complete with the corruption and greed to go with the title. Researchers will feel right at home with the local focus on TMs, performance-enhancing drugs, and less than legal training techniques, while trainers themselves may be interested in the recently installed Fairy-type gym, which boasts both its challenge and high fashion. Driving their prosperity through transport, clothing manufacturing, and a black market linked directly to Piscari, Caecus is a home-away-from-home for those less than inclined to follow the word of the law. Its original population is largely light-skinned, with a mix of French and British dialects.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Babe, Don't Make A Sound, Two Am Love Gotta Keep it Down, tag: Heiden
This user is currently Offline.
26 years old
"Life is a rainbow, be all the colors."
Open Inventory
LC:
Azelia Pie can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Aug 10 2018, 09:18 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
SEEKING
Knowledgeable to discuss Pokemon genetics.
Would like to interview for questions

Azelia read the ad over again. Sky colored hues darted to the name at the top of the ad. Heiden Zeisel? Well she had never heard of him. Though the chance to spread around Wet and Wild for some advertising for a interview was not bad. So she contacted him, telling him she would love for the chance to meet and have the interview with him.

Setting up the time and meeting place, Azelia felt nervous. Oh, why didn't she just ask Lily to do this? She was the people person. Good at talking, prettier, much better looking, did she already think prettier? Chewing on her thumb nail, she walked towards the tea-shop they were destined to meet at. Spotting a fellow colorful haired lady who ran it. Giving her a friendly wave.

"Hey dudette, got some like, soothin' tea or somethin'f or someone who's nerves are more jumpier than a Spoink?"

"Hey mang, right up."

Azelia's face lit up as the woman, Minerva? that's what she think the name tag said, kind of spoke her language. Taking a deep breath, she would take a seat. Fingers drumming nervously, her leg starting to bounce under the table.

"Ya got this Azelia, it'll be totally cool, no reason to fret."

@Heiden Zeisel

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Heiden Zeisel can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Mr. Morris
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Heiden Zeisel posted at Aug 11 2018, 03:53 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
user posted image

SEEKING
Knowledgeable to discuss Pokemon genetics.
Would like to interview for questions

Heiden looks at the academic paper gripped gently in his hand as he sips his cooling cup of earl grey, his eyes sweeping across the room, his mouth lingering on the rim of his tea cup. He had chosen the farthest corner in the cafe so that he might spot his interviewee before she approached him, and though he had never heard of her or the store she was employed at he hoped that she could shed some insight into the genetic field that had recently kept him up at all hours of the morning. He crosses his legs, the pale grey of his slacks crinkling into place as he slumps himself deeper in the comfortable armchair. He delicately sets his teacup down, undoing the buttons of his crisp white shirt so that he could fold the sleeves up to his elbows, the top button of his shirt haphazardly left open. Out of habit he runs a hand through his long dirty blonde hair, picking up his teacup once more he takes a small sip. It was almost the arranged time, and he was certainly in the right cafe, impatiently he glances at his wristwatch. She still had a few more minutes before Heiden would begin contemplating when to leave. Truthfully he had been surprised that someone had responded so quickly to his ad, he had planned to map out various dig sites around Caecus but instead rearranged his schedule to do so after this interview, perhaps even tomorrow if this Azelia Pie came through and gave him exactly what he wanted.

Mr. Morris sits patiently by his side, content to simply observe the meeting his trainer was awaiting, even though he was itching to burrow into some dirt. Mr. Morris and Heiden exchange a long look before Heiden tenderly runs a hand over the Sandshrew's head. Though he had acquired this Pokemon recently he had already grown quite fond of his endless uses and unique qualities. Truly a rare find and a valuable asset to his fossil hunts. He'd have to remember to pick up another bag of treats as incentive for their next digging expedition.

Turning his attention back towards the slowly filling cafe, Heiden sips from his cup.

@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Aug 11 2018, 04:26 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Deep breaths. why are you so nervous? It's just like talking to a customer, Azelia- don't freak out. Breath. Her thoughts were distracted till the shop owner brought her a cup of tea. "Oh, thanks bruh." The own smirked, giving a shrug towards her, before making a hand motion towards the corner. Azelia followed the motion, squinting. Was that him..?

"He said he was waiting for someone, if that's what you're here for, mang."

With that, the shop keep walked off. Azelia held the cup shakily, biting her lip and her eyes going wide. Like a deerling in the headlights. Okay, go talk- Wait, didn't she bring Merlot with her? Head snapped down, spotting the feline who had followed her in silently. She was watching curiously at the sandshrew in the corner with the male. Golden eyes were focused, licking her lips- he looked like food.

Knowing that look far to well, Azelia went down to grab her.

"Don't-"

Too late.

The cat darted, bounding over the cafe and going to pounce right into Heiden's lap to go after the mole pokemon. Following behind her quickly was the rainbow haired woman, tossing the cup to the nearby table, spilling it everywhere as she went to snatch the feline before she pounced the ice-type.

"No! What the heck, Merlot?! Uncool! Bad kitty!"

Head rose up to make eye-contact to Heiden, freezing a bit as she was graced with a beautiful face now in her face. grip on the cat loosened, almost dropping her as she coughed and stumbled back.

"Oh, mang. I'm so sorry dude- my fiery little friend gets excited- she's not like this at home with all the fish..."

Shuffling around, she kept Merlot close to her chest now. "Gah, I'm so sorry, mang. Lemme- uh, can I buy you some tea, yeah? Make it frosty?"

@Heiden Zeisel

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Mr. Morris
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Heiden Zeisel posted at Aug 11 2018, 07:56 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
user posted image

Setting the half empty cup of earl grey down, Heiden turns the page of his reading, half paying attention to the words in front of him and half to the cafe customers coming and going. He rests his free hand in his lap, fingers tapping softly just above his knee. Shifting in the armchair to sit more upright, Heiden reads a line of text that grabs his attention. Engrossed in his paper, he fails to notice the rainbow haired girl ordering at the counter, or to notice that Mr. Morris perks up in alert mode as he makes eye contact with the fiery feline that had followed her in. Perhaps if he had been paying attention he would've been able to stow Mr. Morris in his ball and avoid the cat-astrophe that followed shortly after their entrance. Sadly though, the writings of the late Lucian and Lunamaria Lichter had sucked him in, pioneers in their time of their studies on the natural habits of wild Pokemon and the connection between them and legendary Pokemon. As he leans forwards, turning the page, he hears Mr. Morris make a sharp alerting noise. His grey eyes snap upwards at the sound of Mr. Morris readying himself for battle, the sound of cracking porcelain and splashing water accompanied by a healthy helping of swearing and gasps fills the quiet cafe. Dread coils in his belly as Heiden sweeps the cafe for the source of the disturbance.

But of course his reactions to the chaos erupting in the cafe were too little too late. Already upon him, a blur of red and black bounds across the tables and chairs, Heiden's unfinished cup of earl grey tipping over onto it's side with the contents dripping across the surface of the table. The furry fire type lands in his lap, causing Heiden to exhale sharply as it paws much too close to his...goods. The moment seems to slow as Heiden feels the Litten coil its muscles, his eyes following its hungry stare directed towards Mr. Morris. His little associate had somehow foreseen this coming, water collecting along his tail as he prepared to retaliate should the Litten continue its attack. Then out of nowhere comes a hand to pick up the feline by the scruff of its neck, lifting the cat easily a small distance above Heiden's lap. "No! What the heck, Merlot?! Uncool! Bad kitty!" A female voice says, and Heiden turns his head to look at the owner of this unruly beast. She brings her head up just as Heiden fixes her in a cold stare, his eyes hard and lips pressed into a line as he appraised the face just a handspan away from his own. Pretty face, lovely unusual hair and odd word choice. Suffice to say his interest was piqued.

She freezes as they lock eyes, giving a cough and backing up quickly, Heiden can only give her a lopsided smirking grin. A reaction that certainly pleased him, he scoots his chair back so that he could stand, escaping the spill zone of his tea. "Oh, mang. I'm so sorry dude- my fiery little friend gets excited- she's not like this at home with all the fish..." The woman hugs her Litten close to her chest, smooshing the poor creature as she shuffles back and forth nervously. "Gah, I'm so sorry, mang. Lemme- uh, can I buy you some tea, yeah? Make it frosty?" Laying a calming hand on Mr. Morris's head, Heiden glances behind the woman at the path of destruction they've left behind. "Perhaps you'd offer the folks back there a drink also, they seem more upset than me." Heiden tilts his head to indicate the patrons left in the Litten's wake.

He lightly grabs his soaked paper, watching the tea slowly dripped into the puddle collecting on the tables surface. What a mess.

@Azelia Pie

This post has been edited by Heiden Zeisel: Aug 11 2018, 08:01 PM

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Aug 11 2018, 09:31 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Dread crept up Azelia's back like a spider. Feeling all eyes on her, the outage, disappointment, disgust. It was enough to bring the rainbow haired woman's feelings down into the gutter. The pit of her stomach gargled, as if threatening to force the bile up to her throat to puke. Not daring to turn her head to look at the mess behind her, it only fell in shame. Locks of hair hid her face, as pastel hues darted back of fourth.

Then the shop-keep came up. Grabbing a hold of her shoulder, forcing Azelia to look back. "I- I'm so sorry, dude. I'll.. I'll pay for it-" The woman placed a finger to her lips, brows lifted up high. A small smile was placed onto the tea store owners lips.

"Mang, it's okay. This place has been ransacked by more than just your kitten here."

A vague hand motion, and she crossed her arms. "Just come by later and help me clean up and close, eyy? It'll be chill, my man."

Shock ran over Azelia's face as the store owner was so chill with her just coming by later to help her clean up. Jaw was lack, dropped as she could only stare. Looking at the other disappointed customers, she lowered her head. "I.. I can still pay for their items.." She offered quietly, as the store keep sighed.

"A'ight, just come pay it before you leave. I'll be watching." She gave Azelia a wink, before going off to start cleaning up the spilled tea that was all over the counters and floors. The hold on the litten had slacked, just in shock the woman had been so nice. Turning back to Heiden, she sighed heavily. "I- again, I'm so sorry. I was supposed to meet someone here and I was running late and... my nerves are shot.."

@Heiden Zeisel

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Mr. Morris
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Heiden Zeisel posted at Aug 11 2018, 11:20 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
user posted image

The rainbow haired girl slumps in what Heiden can only assume is embarrassment, multicolored strands of hair obscuring her face. From behind the counter the barista/owner walks up, surveying the damage and disgruntled customers along the way. Heiden raises his eyebrows as he watches the owner straighten the rainbow haired girl's shoulders, holding himself back from reacting to the sudden grip. They were in a public place after all, it wasn't like the owner would start anything physical because of the Litten...right...? "I- I'm so sorry, dude. I'll.. I'll pay for it-" Rainbow begins before being interrupted by the shopkeeper, she places a finger to her lips and gives her a reassuring smile. "Mang, it's okay. This place has been ransacked by more than just your kitten here." The barista drops her hand from her shoulder to gesture vaguely before crossing her arms. "Just come by later and help me clean up and close, eyy? It'll be chill, my man." Shock seems to pop the girl's jaw open as she takes in what the owner's just said. Heiden nods to himself, patting Mr.Morris's head again, content with the outcome. After all, no one had been hurt during the incident.

The troublemaking rainbow girl looks back at the customers who had just started to angrily grumble as they dabbed at their laps with napkins, her head sinks in...defeat? Remorse? "I.. I can still pay for their items.." She says quietly, causing the barista to sigh. "A'ight, just come pay it before you leave. I'll be watching." She winked at the girl, moving off to go clean up after the fiery feline. The rainbow haired girl turns once more towards Heiden, sighing heavily. He arches a brow at her, shaking his tea soaked paper in a halfhearted attempt to save his reading material. "I- again, I'm so sorry. I was supposed to meet someone here and I was running late and... my nerves are shot.." Heiden pauses in his paper shaking, a small smile on his lips. "You wouldn't happen to be...Azelia Pie would you?" He asks in a light mirthful tone. Putting his soggy paper back down on the table he reaches a hand out for a handshake. "I'm Heiden Zeisel, currently I'm researching fossils and the differences in genetics." He pauses, hand outstretched towards who he hopes is actually Azelia, because if not...well...let's not dwell on that thought. He gestures towards the seat opposite of him as he grabs handfuls of napkins to soak up the wasted earl grey.

"Since your nerves are so shot perhaps we could chat over a cup of peppermint tea? Or would you prefer chamomile?" He glances at her, pausing his mopping of the table top.

This was certainly going to be fun.

@Azelia Pie

This post has been edited by Heiden Zeisel: Aug 13 2018, 04:42 AM

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Aug 12 2018, 10:51 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Keeping her head down, the urge to flee the store was growing- and growing. Of course she'd come back and pay for it all. Why did this have to happen? If it was Lily, she somehow would have swooped in, made it all better, and them apologizing to her. A nervous tick began to happen, foot began to tap in the mere nanoseconds that passed as Heiden came in for a swift greeting.

"Huh?"

Blinking at him as he said her name, the even went and offered his hand. Wait, what? Was this the.. Oh hell. A hand shot out quickly, grabbing his and shaking it firmly and rapidly. Haphazardly still holding the litten in her one arm. "I- yes, I'm Azelia Pie. It's nice to meet you, I'm sorry I was running late, and caused so much trouble." Quit apologizing, Azelia. That's not how to handle this, by repeatedly apologizing.

"I'll pass on the tea, I've made a big enough mess... so..."

A cough.

"So mang, what did you want to know?"

@Heiden Zeisel

This post has been edited by Azelia Pie: Aug 12 2018, 10:51 PM

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Mr. Morris
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Heiden Zeisel posted at Aug 13 2018, 05:46 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
user posted image

She reaches out to grip his hand and Heiden can't help but smile just a little bit bigger as his fingers wrap around her small hand, her grip firm as they shake up and down quickly, the Litten in her arms shaken a bit and slipping in her arms. "I- yes, I'm Azelia Pie. It's nice to meet you, I'm sorry I was running late, and caused so much trouble." Heiden crumples his handful of soggy napkins, stuffing it into the now chipped teacup after giving the table one final wipe. "I'll pass on the tea, I've made a big enough mess... so..." She says, with a light cough. "So mang, what did you want to know?" Heiden just smiles at her, gesturing for her to take the seat opposite of him. "I guess that means I'll order both and you can pick which one you'd like best." Leaning over, he takes a pen from his bag and scribbles quickly on a clean and dry napkin. "If you'd just take this over to the cafe owner Mr. Morris I'd much appreciate it." Heiden says handing the napkin over to the Sandshrew. With a huff and a careful glance at the mostly contained Litten, Mr. Morris grips the napkin delicately and moves over to Minerva to give her the napkin and point towards Heiden. His duty complete, he retreats to the safety of Heiden's side, taking a wide path around Azelia and her ravenous feline.

Giving a gentle pat to the Sandshrew's head Heiden takes his seat once more, steepling his fingers and leaning forwards on his elbows towards Azelia. "I'd like to thank you for responding so promptly to my ad." He pauses, tapping his fingers together as he glances over her face once more, a thoughtful purse to his lips. "You're a breeder correct? I was wondering if you might tell me about your experience in that field and the methods you employ to reach your goals." His smile widens just a little bit as he tilts his head to the side, grey eyes roving shamelessly across her features, searching for any reaction to his words. "Pokemon genetics has caught my attention as of late and I was hoping to lean on someone with a little more...experience...to guide me through this project."

@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Aug 13 2018, 07:39 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Minerva had been busy cleaning, till she noticed the ice critter offering her a napkin. Grabbing she, she read the order over. Dark eyes drifted up towards the pair if the corner. For them, it seemed. Pocketing the order, she would finish cleaning up the mess made, then get to the orders.

"Oh, no need to thank me. It'll help the store I work at, so it's a win-win for everyone, my dude."

Her speech was finally relaxing. Letting the thick lax way of speaking speed through like thick honey. At the pointed seat, Azelia would take a seat. Setting Merlo into her spat, she gave a pointed stare at the feline. "Behave, man." She whispered towards her, giving her soft pat down her back. Turning her attention now fully onto Heiden, she listened to the rest of what he had to say.

A brow cocked curiously at him, trying to stop herself from snorting at his inquiries. It was kind of funny, considering Azelia's first breeding project had been a joked turned into her focusing on bigger projects. "Well, I wouldn't be callin' me experienced, bruh. But thank."

A simple hand wave, as she dug her hand into her pocket to get her phone. Flipping open to pictures of her first breeding project. Which was of the angler karp. Turning the phone to Heiden, she would let him see the fish with the pointed teeth and glowing bulbs at the end of the whiskers.

"Dis be the first thing I made. I bred a chinchou with a magikarp, and got this beaut here. From there I discovered crossing it with luvdisc can get some interestin' results too, my dude. Totally cool."

Flipping a few pictures, she let one fall onto one of Zane's more 'pretty' projects he bred. "My business partner Zane makes more... pretty, lookin' fish, I like my 'creepy' babies."

@Heiden Zeisel

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Mr. Morris
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Heiden Zeisel posted at Aug 14 2018, 02:40 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
user posted image

"Oh, no need to thank me. It'll help the store I work at, so it's a win-win for everyone, my dude." Her tone shifts, relaxing into what seems to be her normal speech pattern. Noting how much of a difference being flustered makes on her behavior, Heiden pauses a moment before going into his prepared speech. His grey eyes watching as Azelia took the seat across from him, settling the fire feline in her lap. "Behave, man." She whispers, patting its back. Satisfied that he now had her full attention he started explaining his reasoning. After stating such, she seemed...amused? Confused by the delicate arch of her eyebrow and the way she seemed to be holding in a reaction, he only raises an eyebrow back at her. What he had said was perfectly fine wasn't it? Heiden glances at Mr. Morris, his gaze trained on the Litten for any sudden movements. Reflexively he pats the ice types head, trying to sooth his own unsettled feelings more than comfort his Pokemon.

"Well, I wouldn't be callin' me experienced, bruh. But thank." Azelia waves a hand at him before fishing out her phone. She turns the screen towards Heiden and all he can do is lean closer to look at the strangely appealing monstrosity. It had the body of a magikarp, mostly, with large pointed teeth and glowing bulbs at the end of its whiskers. Truly a terrifying fish. "Dis be the first thing I made. I bred a chinchou with a magikarp, and got this beaut here. From there I discovered crossing it with luvdisc can get some interestin' results too, my dude. Totally cool." Heiden nods in agreement, though he hoped none of these creatures existed in the oceans naturally. She flips through a few more pictures before stopping on a fish that was much more conventionally pleasing. "My business partner Zane makes more... pretty, lookin' fish, I like my 'creepy' babies." Heiden settles back down in his seat, resting his steepled finger tips against his lips as he considers what she's just told him.

"Well I suppose if you were Zane we'd be discussing Zane's projects, but I'm here to talk about you, Azelia, and your successful projects." He says lightly, a small lopsided smirk on his lips as he reaches a finger out to swipe back towards the pictures of Azelia's fish. "Now, how exactly did you know that these were the results you were able to achieve by just crossing a Chinchou and a Magikarp?" Heiden asks, his eyebrows flicking up at her as he glances her way. "Actually, how do you come up with your project designs and goals?" He says, turning briefly away from her to rummage in his bag before coming back to the table with an empty notepad and a pen. "If you wouldn't mind me asking about how you exactly came up with the idea of...that." Heiden asks, another slight grin on his face as he waves at her phone screen and the fish displayed on it. He clicks his pen, poising it over his pristine notepad as he looks at Azelia, giving her his full attention.

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Aug 14 2018, 03:48 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Well, Heiden was the first to not down right look disturbed by her creations. It had a smile twinging to her lips. Adjusting herself in her seat, she placed the litten more to the side. Giving her a pointed look once more. Before she would lean over towards Heiden as she flipped toward the pictures of the parents of her angler fish. "Well, you see..." Sh started to point at the bulbs on the end of Chinchou's antenna.

"I had though a magikarp with these would look really cool, ya, man? After finding out they shared an egg group, I started to breed them."

Flipping the image to another magikarp- her first attempt at the angler breeding. "I got this first. They lacked the teeth and lifeless eyes. But it did confirm the fact I could pass the bulbs down from the Chinchou. It went to the whiskers, but it was good enough for me!" Grinning, she had this look in her eyes- like a mad scientist at work. "So this obviously had me thinking, what ELSE can I pass down to a Magikarp?"

Putting her phone down, she turned to the bag that was crushed into her backside. Having completely forgot she was wearing it due to the ruckus. Pulling out a book, it had some notes scribbled down into it. "I started looking into the egg groups Magikarp shared with others. Would you have guessed it's in the dragon egg group?"

Oh no, he's got her talking.

This post has been edited by Azelia Pie: Aug 14 2018, 03:53 AM

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Aug 14 2018, 03:54 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Well because they are in the dragon egg group- me and my partner have gotten Dratini to see what we can get!"

Clapping her hands together, she showed him some notes. "Zane is breeding his karp with goldeen, and made some critters with horns. I plan on doing that myself, but after I finishmy current project. That I'm sure is going to be the new terrors of the deep!"

Out came her phone again, showing him the image of a Carvanha and a Bruxish. "I recently got these beauts, I plan on breeding them to enlarge Carvanha's body shape into Bruxish. So this way, when it becomes sharpdeo, it has a longer body and should move more swiftly, and have more power to it. Plus, those teeth? Maaaaang!"

Taking a deep, she realized she had ranted off a store. But she was far from stopping now. "I have a side project too." Leaning in real close to him, she was grinning from ear to ear. "I'm totally gonna breed legs onto Magikarp, already got the baby at home I plan on doing it with too. The wonders of magikarp being in the dragon egg group, my dude!"

@Heiden Zeisel

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Mr. Morris
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Heiden Zeisel posted at Aug 14 2018, 05:06 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
user posted image

Azelia smiles ever so slightly, and curiously Heiden feels his heart quicken just a tad. Alarmed internally by that reaction, he slowly presses his pen to paper, spelling out her name carefully. His eyes flicking upwards to catch her repositioning herself and her Litten, glancing cautiously towards Mr. Morris, he exchanges a pointed look towards the dual type, hoping he understood after all this time how paramount it was that he should behave in the presence of this new...colleague? "Well, you see..." His attention turns back towards Azelia as she flips through pictures in her phone, freezing the screen on a Chinchou. She points at the bulbous antennae of the water Pokemon on the screen. "I had though a magikarp with these would look really cool, ya, man? After finding out they shared an egg group, I started to breed them." Heiden nods, alternating between looking up at her, her phone screen, and the notes he was quickly jotting down. He circles ”egg group” with a particular vehemence. Azelia flips to another picture, this one having mostly the body of a Magikarp but had inherited the bulbous appendages from the Chinchou.

"I got this first. They lacked the teeth and lifeless eyes. But it did confirm the fact I could pass the bulbs down from the Chinchou. It went to the whiskers, but it was good enough for me!" Heiden catches her eyes, a particular sparkle there that only made his small grin grow. She spoke with passion and excitement mixed in with a little bit of feverish zeal. "So this obviously had me thinking, what ELSE can I pass down to a Magikarp?" He nods his head, noting down highlights and a few questions he would ask when she was less...possessed by her excitement. He underlines a particular jot of words, the scratching of his pen frantic across the paper. She places her phone on the table top, reaching into the backpack she was leaning against to pull out a notebook. Heidens eyes light up as he sees her flick through ink soaked pages. Azelia had made it seem like her breeding had been just a flight of fancy, and yet here was concrete proof that she had approached it in at least some semblance of a scientific manner. "I started looking into the egg groups Magikarp shared with others. Would you have guessed it's in the dragon egg group?" Heiden looks up at Azelia, his pen paused mid-letter, his eyes a little wide as he carefully shakes his head no. Who would’ve ever thought that the weak flopping Magikarp belonged to the dragon egg group? It seemed Pokemon genetics were indeed complex and perhaps just a tad bit convoluted, as Heiden had thought while reading about the breeding methods associated with fancy pet Pokemon.

Absentmindedly Heiden taps his pen to his lips, considering his jumbled notes and the energetic woman before him. "Well because they are in the dragon egg group- me and my partner have gotten Dratini to see what we can get!" He nods at Azelia’s excited clap of her hands, an almost chuckle rising up from him before she shoves her notes forwards for him to study. Craning his neck unnecessarily, his grey eyes dart over the pages opened for him. "Zane is breeding his karp with goldeen, and made some critters with horns. I plan on doing that myself, but after I finish my current project. That I'm sure is going to be the new terrors of the deep!" He pauses, eyebrows knitting together. If it was something in the vein of the Chinchou and Magikarp offspring it wouldn’t be...dangerously terrifying would it? But the way she described it as ”new terrors of the deep” really didn’t bode well for anyone wanting to swim safely in the ocean.

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Mr. Morris
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Heiden Zeisel posted at Aug 14 2018, 05:13 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Azelia takes up her phone once more, flipping through some pictures before she lingers on a Carvanha and Bruxish. Feeling a coil of dread in his stomach, Heiden inhales sharply. "I recently got these beauts, I plan on breeding them to enlarge Carvanha's body shape into Bruxish. So this way, when it becomes sharpdeo, it has a longer body and should move more swiftly, and have more power to it. Plus, those teeth? Maaaaang!" His eyes dart up to the maniac who was breeding a new species of killer fish. The terrifying thing was that he believed she could do it, that she truly would make the seas an even more dangerous place. Exhaling slowly he leans back after scribbling down a few more words, thoughts bouncing around in his head, the questions already forming on his lips. Thinking that her flood of words was over, he takes a moment to just really think on all of the horrifying things this woman was capable of. Yet, for some reason, he couldn’t help but feel as if he liked the spunk she possessed. Clearly she was a capable and driven person...whose goals were only mildly disconcerting.

"I have a side project too." His attention caught by her conspiratorial whisper, he leans in again, as Azelia leans in closer, this causes Heiden to lean in closer once more, his breath held as he awaits to hear the details of her project. "I'm totally gonna breed legs onto Magikarp, already got the baby at home I plan on doing it with too. The wonders of magikarp being in the dragon egg group, my dude!" Heiden blinks at her, stunned, he slowly leans back and lets out the breath he had been holding. He braces his palms on the table and stretches his arms, the muscles in his forearms pulling the rolled sleeves of his shirt tight. Heiden really wasn’t sure what to say. He could tell by her demeanor that she was completely serious, and yet she had just said something completely absurd. Fish? With legs?! Unbelievable! There’s no way that could happen...right? Lost in his thoughts, he’s brought back to the present as the clink of cups hit the table. Heiden looks up at the shopkeeper, bobbing his head in thanks before he stares at the steaming cups of tea. The scent of cooling peppermint mingling with the sweet scent of chamomile. He breathes in warm scent of the tea, steadying his nerves as he prepares to answer the woman seated across from him.

”Well...It looks like the tea is here. Please pick whichever one pleases you, what you’ve just said is...a lot to think about.” He pauses, considering the notepad before him, taking the pen once more in his hand he scribbles a few more thoughts down, eyebrows knitting together as he looks at the messy sprawl of letters laid haphazardly about. Distractly he reaches for the cups of tea, hesitating before retracting his hand and then burying it into his mass of brown locks. “See, Azelia, you’re actually quite terrifying...if I’m being truthful here.” Heiden begins, not looking up from his notes and glancing at the notebook she had laid out in front of him. “If anyone else would’ve told me that they were trying to breed legs onto a Magikarp I’d think they’d been hit on the head too recently.” Delicately he turns a page in her notebook, before finally dragging his grey eyes up to her face, a look balanced between concern and respect on his features. “But really I think you’re going to do it and that’s...I just…” He pauses, combing his hair back, the hair parting silkily over his fingers. “You’re just incredible.” Heiden says, startling himself with the amount of sincerity in his voice.

“Would you mind going over your breeding plans for this...leggy Magikarp?” Heiden’s eyes glance down at his notes as he distractedly reaches for a cup of tea. “Ah also, I’m a bit confused as to how you keep the form of one Pokemon and breed in the traits of another.” He brings the cup up to his lips, pausing to fix Azelia in an intense look. She really had caught his interest.

@Azelia Pie

This post has been edited by Heiden Zeisel: Aug 14 2018, 07:25 AM

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Aug 14 2018, 06:59 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
When she finally stopped talking, those pastel eyes watched Heiden closely. Before they started to lose the shine in them, her face quickly dropping the excitement she had so lovingly put forth. A frown soon etched into her features, as she only was able to stare at Heiden as his opinion, like most others, seemed to frown onto her ideas. Leaning back from him, her head fell. Brain started to race- she should leave. This was a terrible idea- Wait.

Incredible?

Head snapped back to him. Eyes were wide in shock, her jaw slacked as she was struck speechless. Hand covered her mouth, as she was blinking tears out of her eyes. He was actually interested in what she had to say. It set a spark off- a spark she never felt before. Pride? No it wasn't pride. Something else. Just, something she could not explain right now.

Lowering her hand, she was just smiling so brightly now. Looking relieved, as she nodded to his questions. A hand reached blindly for a cup of tea- grabbing the peppermint one. Just, she chugged it. Damn, girl. Placing the cup down, she took a deep breath.

"I have a Helioptile back at home. I plan on breeding it with the magikarp till the legs pass down to the offspring."

As he asked how the form was kept, she could only giggle at him. "Well the offspring is always the same pokemon as the mother. However, traits from the father may pass down. Or sometimes you get something totally random. Like..." She grabbed her phone again, and it was a video this time. It was of one of her magikarp, using.. Mach Punch? She was grinning at that.

"This is Crimson, she's a fighting type magikarp."

@Heiden Zeisel

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Mr. Morris
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Heiden Zeisel posted at Aug 14 2018, 07:52 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
user posted image

For the second time in less than a half hour he sees her lack jawed, Azelia covers her mouth, eyelashes clumping together with unshed tears. Heiden wasn't really prepared for such an emotional response, he would've expected her projects, though unusual, to be well received for their originality. Uncovering her face, she flashes Heiden a beaming smile. Again he feels just the faintest of quickening in his chest, glancing down at Mr. Morris and then back at Azelia, he makes a mental note to make a doctors appointment to check his heart health. In return for her relieved smile He offers her a soft lopsided smile, watching as she just...downs the whole cup of peppermint tea. Heiden holds back yet another chuckle, fairly certain that the calming properties weren't as effective when downed like a shot. "I have a Helioptile back at home. I plan on breeding it with the magikarp till the legs pass down to the offspring." Heiden looks down at his pad, sketching out the rough shape of a Magikarp and what he could faintly remember to be what Helioptile legs looked like. He grimaces internally at the strange silhouette Azelia was after, would that mean the Magikarp would now have land capabilities or would they have to be kept in aquariums still.

Moving through his lists of questioning, Azelia answers him with a giggle. For the first time in what must've been years, Heiden feels his cheeks warm with a faint blush, thankful that the majority of the color was covered by his beard. "Well the offspring is always the same pokemon as the mother. However, traits from the father may pass down. Or sometimes you get something totally random. Like..." Azelia reaches for her phone while Heiden sits there and stews for a bit. Could you really consider it the same species of Pokemon? At what point did the hybridization of two species become its own species? How loose exactly were the definitions applied to different Pokemon? His eyes dart down to the screen she offered, the video a clip of a Magikarp...using...wait where did those hands come from?! Heiden tenses a little bit in his chair, shifting himself as he leans in, reaching his hand up to tap the replay button. "This is Crimson, she's a fighting type magikarp."

"And this Magikarp just...popped out of one of your breeding pairs?" He asks, replaying the video again, trying to figure out how an armless fish could use mach punch. "Were there any other fighting types mixed into the heritage of the parents that you know of? Or are you just concluding that this was a random mutation?" Heiden presses the replay button once more, this time returning to his notepad to write feverishly. "Would you mind sending me this video? I'd like to study it in depth later on." He nods to himself, not quite satisfied with the amount of replays he'd achieve in this cafe. Leaning back into the armchair, he taps his index finger to his lips, his eyes lingering on Azelia. "How long do you anticipate before you succeed in your walking fish project?" Heiden arches an eyebrow, eyes glimmering as the beginnings of an idea coming together in his head.

@Azelia Pie

26 years old