PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO UBERRIME CITY
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Pidove Pichu Elekid Helioptile Pawniard
With cities come pests, and Uberrime has its fair share of annoyingly domesticated Pokémon. Pichu and Elekid form strange social packs, working together to rifle through the bits and pieces left outside of diners and cafes. Helioptile, originally introduced to feed on the massive Pichu infestation, are now just as big of a nuisance, sunning themselves on the stone sidewalks and occasionally snacking on the overweight Pidove that flock to Uberrime. Pawniard trained by the local branch of Rangers work to keep crime - at least, the obvious kind - to a minimum. Uberrime's official bird is Pidove.
The very definition of opulence, Uberrime is packed to the brim with shining metal buildings, bustling shopping centers, and the latest in technology from researchers around the island - and even from other regions. Far and away the most advanced city for miles, Uberrime boasts a multi-story gym, highlighting Steel and Electric-type Pokémon, along with an alternative route through which those less inclined to fight can answer puzzling questions to advance. Those with scientific interests will be right at home, especially researchers, who will no doubt find work in any field they please. Breeders, however, may find themselves up a proverbial stream without a proverbial paddle, as Uberrime's population is inundated with the latest in pure blooded oddities and attractive award-winning Pokémon. Oddly, Uberrime seems to have no discernible culture, nor has it ever...

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  A New Face, Josh/Sun
This user is currently Offline.
28 years old
I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Josh Rallen can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 3 2018, 02:16 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Another average day of being a ranger in Uberrime. Josh was taking a look at the board in their little hub type area. He kept hearing it called something but he always seemed to forget it given he wasn't always sure what they were talking about. The pit? That sounded right. In any case the bright red haired man was in full uniform, scanning over the available jobs and deciding once again that it had been picked clean of anything available for someone who didn't have a full well experienced team backing them up. Sadly Josh still couldn't even begin to claim such a thing. His biggest achievement so far had been evolving a pichu and having a strawberry colored furret.

Those two qualifications didn't exactly equate to high expertise in any field whatsoever. At this point he'd resort to looking it over again, and again. Some still childish part of him hoped if he just read it enough times one of them might change into something more favorable.

@Sun Rhyu

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Jul 3 2018, 02:18 PM

30 years old
“What we should really fear is not failure but the heart that is no longer brave enough to take risks and embrace challenges”
Open Inventory
LC:
Sun Rhyu can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Britannic
Blaze
Lv.32
42%
Titania
Own Tempo
Lv.22
30%
Argo
intimidate
Lv.10
3%
Polaris
Slush Rush
Lv.9
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Sun Rhyu posted at Jul 3 2018, 03:39 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
As much as Sun tolerated loved Sarah, he could not stand her constant insisting of the egg she bought him. It was driving him up the wall how much she kept asking. In some ways, it was adorable, in others, he wanted to be left alone. So he decided to take the egg in it's incubator and show it to the twins if he managed to be able to catch them down at the station. Uberrime was always a change of pace from his home in the mountains.

This place was huge and busy. Odonton wasn't exactly that. At hi side trailed a deeling. She needed air, and Argo was far to huge to be let roaming the streets. Outside of town? That's fine. Inside? Not so much. Titania was also out, skittering along next to Sun as she peered around curiously. She didn't like this place because it was where that awful hospital was that Sun had to stay at for a long time. But alas, she would follow him, wherever he went.

Entering the station, he had no luck with getting idea where the twins were. He hadn't texted them because he wanted to surprise them, but oh well. Shrugging it off he could always wait. Golden eyes trailed the room, soon spotting the guy with the red hair. His eyes narrowed a bit, before shaking that intrusive thought from his mind. Josh looked like he was sad or just daydreaming?

"...You okay over there?"

Smooth Sun.

@Dragon

[Mystery Egg, Incubated 2/25]

----------

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 3 2018, 03:49 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
At the sound of a voice Josh would quickly turn his head, sighing just a bit and smiling in return to whatever had been said. Quite honestly all he had gotten was a vague question tone as he was a bit absorbed trying to convince himself he still belonged here. "I'm fine." he offered, hoping that had been the question asked. He was acting a bit weird to just stare and ponder at the board, but he could dream that he could will the available jobs to be easier. That was until a stranger came in capable of questioning that. "Just, spacing out." he tried again.

Bonny the pikachu would sit on his shoulder, smiling nicely. Her ability to read wasn't existent but she could tell that Josh wasn't finding anything he liked and that would give him a decent reason to be a bit distant. He was somewhat debating his place around here anyway. "Haven't seen you around." Josh tried to divert, not wanting to linger on himself for too long. "You new or just visiting?" he offered. At this point he figured it was fair to say he could at least visually recognize everybody around here. If he hadn't seen them yet that meant that they didn't spend just about any time in the actual station.

@Sun Rhyu

30 years old
“What we should really fear is not failure but the heart that is no longer brave enough to take risks and embrace challenges”
Open Inventory
LC:
Britannic
Blaze
Lv.32
42%
Titania
Own Tempo
Lv.22
30%
Argo
intimidate
Lv.10
3%
Polaris
Slush Rush
Lv.9
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Sun Rhyu posted at Jul 4 2018, 12:49 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Sun was not the most observant person in other peoples discomfort, but this dude just looked sad. Trying to pick up on what could be causing it, he got distracted with the question. Having not been dressed in Odonton's normal fear, because it was far to hot to wear off the mountain, he was in street clothes. A white tank top with a cross on the enter, and a pair of cargo shoes and boots to go with. Sun really had no fashion sense.

Reaching up, he grabbed the inside of his shirt, flipping it inside out to show the Odonton ranger badge towards Josh. "Odonton ranger, down here to visit some friends." H shifted his weight, adjusting the backpack on his back with the incubating egg. "You might know 'em, Ichigo and Ichiro? The twins?" From what he gathered from his last visit, just mentioning them sometimes had people groaning.

"Wanted to show them this egg I'm lugging around, see if they would want to socialize or whatever. But they're not here today."

A shrug came, not seeming to care he would have to wait around for them. "What about you? You look like you could use some fresh air."

@Dragon

[Mystery Egg Incubated 4/25]

----------

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 4 2018, 01:12 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh grinned at the thought of the twins. He'd heard all kinds of stories but never had the pleasure of interacting personally. They seemed carefree and pretty generally awesome people. Then again maybe Josh was a bit of a child at times. "Yeah, I've seen them around." he gave, knowing they'd passed each other once or twice. "Not today at all, so yeah they must be out." he shrugged, unsure what they do or how often they're usually around. He didn't know much about pretty much any of his fellow rangers, given he was fairly self centered when it came to his ranger work.

He obviously needed no explanation of his presence, standing in full uniform for his station. "Yeah, yeah I really could." Josh offered in response to the idea of needing some fresh air. What he really needed was to get himself together rather than taking a break, but a breath of fresh air could never hurt anybody all that bad. "You know what's in it?" he asked, simply trying to keep up conversation as he referred to the ranger's egg.

@Sun Rhyu

30 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Britannic
Blaze
Lv.32
42%
Titania
Own Tempo
Lv.22
30%
Argo
intimidate
Lv.10
3%
Polaris
Slush Rush
Lv.9
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Sun Rhyu posted at Jul 4 2018, 03:43 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Sun was a bit sad they weren't here, but oh well. It happens. "Nope, no idea what's in the egg. My daught-.... one of my coworkers at the station's daughter gave it to me. and the incubator" Clearing his throat, he went to tug at the collar of his shirt slightly. Not wanting to admit to himself he cared for the tyke that much, not yet anyway. Not after... A disgruntled sigh left his lips.

"But yeah, no clue. The walking glacier, her name is Titania, is hoping it's another ice type. My fire types are hoping for that."

@Dragon

[Mystery Egg Incubated 6/25]

----------

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 4 2018, 04:49 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh definitely caught the stranger backpedalling on their relationship to whomever they were talking about. Honestly it only made him question it more. He did his best to move forward from it and not think about it but possibilities fought to swirl in his mind as to the story behind that one. Instead the ranger would force himself to push forward and continue this conversation. Asking a stranger for his backstory was both odd and rude as far as he could tell.

"I wouldn't expect anything less." he commented, smiling nicely. Ice liked ice, fire like fire, simple as that. "My team's about full right now." he gave, knowing his team wasn't technically complete but his efforts were already fairly spread among the four pokemon he was training and taking on more didn't seem like a good idea.

@Sun Rhyu

30 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Britannic
Blaze
Lv.32
42%
Titania
Own Tempo
Lv.22
30%
Argo
intimidate
Lv.10
3%
Polaris
Slush Rush
Lv.9
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Sun Rhyu posted at Jul 4 2018, 05:07 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Sun's interest piped up at the mention of the other rangers team. A grin spread over his face, Sun was itching for a good battle. Maybe this guy could offer a good battle? Wait, he didn't even know his name. Adjusting the incubating egg in his pack, he tilted his head to the side. "Oh, names Sun, by the way." However he did not offer a handshake or any further psychical contact with the male.

"You battle much, kid? My teams been wanting to get out and battle for a while."

@Dragon

[Mystery Egg Incubated 8/25]

----------

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 4 2018, 05:26 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
As much as a battle did pique his interest, he had to squint at being called kid. It didn't bother him so much as it confused him. Josh would've pegged Sun for 24 at oldest, though maybe that radar was out of whack. The blood red haired man knew that none of his appearance did his looking like a man child any favors, but still he couldn't be all that much younger. Whatever, battling, yes.

"Josh." he gave, simply nodding as some form of respect. Not wanting a handshake was fine but he felt he owed some token action of respect. A nice nod should the trick. "Yeah I'm happy to give it a shot." he offered, Bonny on his shoulder immediately pumped up. Between her and Chica the ranger wasn't sure which loved the idea of battling more. "Outside? There's a battle park not far and I'm all fire and lightning." he offered, knowing his pokemon could do some unneeded damage to a building from nothing more than missing attacks.

@Sun Rhyu

30 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Britannic
Blaze
Lv.32
42%
Titania
Own Tempo
Lv.22
30%
Argo
intimidate
Lv.10
3%
Polaris
Slush Rush
Lv.9
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Sun Rhyu posted at Jul 4 2018, 05:44 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Sun did look on the younger side, even if he was older than he appeared. Honestly, he wished Sarah was here now to watch the battle. The child was always so logical in her mindset, she would probably study the battling like it was some sort of test. Shaking the thoughts aside, he was glad to see some fire in Josh's eyes. It was always good to see.

"Fire and lightning? Clever."

There was no way Argo could be let lose anywhere in a confined area, he was far to big. Even Britannic was a bit of an issue sometimes, too. "Well lead the way then, Josh. 'Not too sure of the location of things around here." He was ripping and roaring to go with his pokemon and his incubating egg.

@Dragon

[Mystery Egg Incubated 10/25]

----------

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 4 2018, 06:58 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh gave another nod at that, beginning to move to leave the ranger station. He clearly wasn't busy anyway so it was fine to just go have a quick battle. This was the kind of thing that he was looking for anyway. As he thought who might best for a battle here of course Chica came to mind. Fighting a little glacier was going to be best done with a fire type. As for the fire types mentioned... he might just have to go with Bonny. It wasn't favorable but it wasn't unfavorable either.

"They're not too far, barely a couple blocks." he offered, knowing the things were nearly visible from the exit, impressive enough in a big city. Figured it made it easier to send someone to go watch over them. "It's a big city, not many people know the thing top to bottom." he offered, shrugging a little bit at the idea of trying to figure out where everything is. Even he still got lost once or twice.

@Sun Rhyu

30 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Britannic
Blaze
Lv.32
42%
Titania
Own Tempo
Lv.22
30%
Argo
intimidate
Lv.10
3%
Polaris
Slush Rush
Lv.9
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Sun Rhyu posted at Jul 4 2018, 10:50 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Listening to Josh, Sun gave a nod. Hands went behind his head, turning to look at him. "Only been here a few times myself." He held out his arm, shaking it and letting it pop at the joints. "Was here a a month or two ago because I broke my arm. Cave ins are wonderful to deal with." His tone was heavily laced with sarcasm, he hated being in that damned hospital. So glad to be rid of that rainbow cast, too.

With the park in sight, Sun quickened his pace till he got there. Keeping a hand on the incubating egg, his free hand went and fetched a pokeball from his pocket. Tossing it into the air, it busted open with a booming roar emitting from the freed pokemon that exited. In the air busted free a large Charizard, who circled the air before landing onto the ground with a thud.

"This is Britannic, think you got someone up for a challenge for him?"

@Dragon

[Mystery Egg Incubated 12/25]

----------

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 4 2018, 11:44 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
When they got to the park and Josh didn't pull out a pokeball Bonny knew that she was probably going to be first up on the roster. As Sun brought out a pokeball and let free a full on charizard the both of them had to admit they were taken aback, but Josh had fought battles he never had a chance in before. He wore a calm and nearly confident expression that reflected nearly the opposite of his actual thoughts on the matter. "Sure do, you're up Bonny." he gave, looking to the pikachu. She was his best and all he could do was ask her to try.

They looked between the two of them like they may have a shot at going up against the charizard but they were both pretty sure this was an exercise in futility. Oh well, fake it till you make it they say. The girl hopped down and stood on all fours up against the dragon looking pokemon, trying to trying them down like she had an ounce of threatening in her tiny body. "You mind if we start? I might be mistaken but I'd give us the disadvantage here." he offered, chuckling and swallowing that usual worthless feeling. Honestly he was getting used to it and that was almost worse than the feeling itself. Still he smiled, pretending skills on par even if his team wasn't.

user posted image
Pikachu LEVEL 26 100%
ABILITY: Static
MOVESET: Charm, Sweet Kiss, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Jul 5 2018, 12:02 AM

30 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Britannic
Blaze
Lv.32
42%
Titania
Own Tempo
Lv.22
30%
Argo
intimidate
Lv.10
3%
Polaris
Slush Rush
Lv.9
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Sun Rhyu posted at Jul 5 2018, 12:29 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
When he saw him pick the pikachu, Sun had to give a questioning glance. Well he had a type advantage, but Sun wasn't sure the strength level of this pikachu. But then Josh said they had the disadvantage? Did he lack faith in his time? Golden eyes narrowed on the flaming haired male, a disapproving attutide came off Sun, but he didn't comment. Rolling his shoulder to adjust the incubating egg pack on his back, he was ready to go.

"Alright then, Josh. You can have the first move."

user posted image
Charizard LEVEL 30 100%
ABILITY: Blaze
MOVESET: Smokescreen, Wing Attack, Fire Fang, Dragon Rage+2

@Dragon

[Mystery Egg Incubated 14/25]

----------

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 5 2018, 12:37 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
The ranger realized quickly after he'd said it that in fact he technically had the advantage, and had to inwardly cringe at himself for his behavior given than information. It was easy for him to forget the actual typing of a charizard given he always thought of them as fire dragons. He hadn't meant to be however that had made him look but no going back on it now. The best he could do was shrug and move forward, deciding to go with the usual strategy of confusing or paralyzing rather than hitting off the bat with the attack.

"Sweet kiss." he gave, nearly monotone with a bit of forced energy to it. Already Josh's spirit for this idea had been crushed and it would take him a moment to build back up. Bonny though was gearing up to go, running up like she'd use quick attack or something like it, before simply placing a kiss to the big fire type. Her tail would sway flirtatiously and the girl would smile like they weren't fighting at all, ready to hopefully get out of the way if an attack came after her while she stood there.

user posted image
Pikachu LEVEL 26 100%
ABILITY: Static
MOVESET: Charm, Sweet Kiss, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

Used: Sweet Kiss
(Acc 75%, charizard is confused if hits)
Dice Roll: 1d100: 16 = 16

30 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Britannic
Blaze
Lv.32
42%
Titania
Own Tempo
Lv.22
30%
Argo
intimidate
Lv.10
3%
Polaris
Slush Rush
Lv.9
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Sun Rhyu posted at Jul 5 2018, 01:51 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Oh Sun wanted to downright laugh at this. If Titania or Polaris was out- they would be glaring this boy down to the ground for having him do that. Chuckling to himself, Sun didn't mind if he lost this battle. This boy needed a pick me up, and if this was gonna do it, Sun was more than happy to assist someone feeling in the dumps. He just better hope Britannic didn't decide that he wanted to eat the mouse.

"Alright Britannic, let's see if you can shake this off, use Fire Fang!"

Britannic was confused by the little mouses interaction with him. Did she not realize she was tiny? This was not gonna work! Grumbling as he felt the daze in his mind, stumbling a bit, before his maw went ablaze and he went to attempt to chomp at the mouse. Sun was glad he wasn't on either end of this battle, and the incubating egg was safe.

Charizard LEVEL 30 100%
ABILITY: Blaze
MOVESET: Smokescreen, Wing Attack, Fire Fang, Dragon Rage+2

Used Fire Fang!
Dice Roll: 1d100: 66 = 66

Confused! 50% Chance!
Dice Roll: 1d100: 35 = 35

@Dragon

[Mystery Egg Incubated 18/25]

----------

28 years old