PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO UBERRIME CITY
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Pidove Pichu Elekid Helioptile Pawniard
With cities come pests, and Uberrime has its fair share of annoyingly domesticated Pokémon. Pichu and Elekid form strange social packs, working together to rifle through the bits and pieces left outside of diners and cafes. Helioptile, originally introduced to feed on the massive Pichu infestation, are now just as big of a nuisance, sunning themselves on the stone sidewalks and occasionally snacking on the overweight Pidove that flock to Uberrime. Pawniard trained by the local branch of Rangers work to keep crime - at least, the obvious kind - to a minimum. Uberrime's official bird is Pidove.
The very definition of opulence, Uberrime is packed to the brim with shining metal buildings, bustling shopping centers, and the latest in technology from researchers around the island - and even from other regions. Far and away the most advanced city for miles, Uberrime boasts a multi-story gym, highlighting Steel and Electric-type Pokémon, along with an alternative route through which those less inclined to fight can answer puzzling questions to advance. Those with scientific interests will be right at home, especially researchers, who will no doubt find work in any field they please. Breeders, however, may find themselves up a proverbial stream without a proverbial paddle, as Uberrime's population is inundated with the latest in pure blooded oddities and attractive award-winning Pokémon. Oddly, Uberrime seems to have no discernible culture, nor has it ever...

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Like a Dog with a Bone, Tag: Samuel Pandev
This user is currently Offline.
25 years old
You never fail until you stop trying.
Open Inventory
LC:
Ichiro Hitsubaki can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
tormaigh
lightningrod
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ichiro Hitsubaki posted at Feb 6 2018, 12:28 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
CW: Sexual references and innuendo.

The Secret Sword was, as far as Ichiro was concerned, an institution in Uberrime. Any Ranger who liked to partake in a drink had been here before - and most of them found themselves coming back time and time again, too. It was the perfect place to go after a shift; all moderately dim lighting, good atmosphere and service that didn’t let you down - along with bartenders that weren’t nosy. It was no surprise that it was so popular among rangers; the relaxed atmosphere was a much needed retreat from the kind of work they did.

He nodded at the bartender as he took his usual seat at the bar; at the end of the L-shaped counter, a little removed from where most people sat and with the perfect view of the rest of the room. He wasn’t paranoid, mind - he just didn’t like having his back to the room. He’d been mistaken for other people far too often in the past, and a great deal too many of those drunken encounters had led to the other party trying to break a glass over his head from behind.

Vaguely, he wondered which legendary he had managed to piss off in his short life to have wound up with such bad luck.

He motioned for Sam to take the seat beside him, his usual crooked grin still in place. He’d lost, sure, but he wasn’t bitter about it. At least Ichigo hadn’t been there to film it and subsequently rub it in his face until the end of time. “Most o’ the Uberrime rangers hang out ‘ere,” he explained, taking a moment to thank the bartender when a glass of his usual whiskey was placed in front of him on the bar, next to his phone, as it lit up with another damned dowsing machine alert. He paid it no attention, reaching for his drink instead. “Ye can probably tell I come ‘ere a lot.” he added, not at all ashamed of the fact.

“Ye gonna ‘ave mercy on me an’ not go fer the most expensive thing dey got, or..?” he asked, tone edging on teasing. He had Sam pegged for being a beer drinker, but maybe he'd surprise him.

Samuel Pandev

Key Item: Dowsing Machine

This post has been edited by Ichiro Hitsubaki: Feb 6 2018, 06:21 AM

37 years old
I'm a Weapon of Mass Seduction
Open Inventory
LC:
Samuel Pandev can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.12
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.26
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Feb 6 2018, 02:31 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“See, I usually hit dive bars, so this is a marked improvement,” Sam said with a quick smile as he slid onto the stool next to Hiro. Sam was also glad there wasn't an obnoxious amount of decorations and rankling seasonal music.

“And it depends on what the most expensive thing here is…” He raised a brow at the tender, who shrugged, gesturing to the line of whiskeys and scotches behind him before Sam just shrugged and asked for the most bitter stout they had. He’s rather put a few drinks in before getting drunk, besides the fact that a handful of beers could easily out cost a serving of whiskey. His own dowser gave a weak vibrate in his pocket, but he wasn’t going to hunt for something in a dim bar. Next thing you’d know he’d be sticking his hand down someone’s pocket.

“So… did we ever agree if the spanking was still on the table? My memory is a bit fuzzy.” Sam resisted the urge to actually turn and look at Hiro’s face, instead just side-eying him as he sipped his drink, licking foam off his upper lip. Worse yet, he still hadn’t taken off his silly yellow lenses.

“But if that’s too much trouble for you, I’m pretty easy, that kiss is always an option.” Course, if they were going to be accurate about it, Hiro had agreed to ‘kiss it better’ which meant plopping one on his chest. Sam would rather do that with clothes off and he doubted that’d happen first.

@Ichiro Hitsubaki

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
tormaigh
lightningrod
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ichiro Hitsubaki posted at Feb 6 2018, 06:19 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Content Warning for sexual references.

“I mean, I could always take ye to one of our local dives if ye’d feel more comfortable.” was Ichiro’s response, tone full of mirth as he brought his glass to his still grinning lips. He didn’t really care what the guy ordered, he would probably end up picking up his entire tab for the night regardless. Not that he was about to go announcing that, he’d wait to see how things played out, first.

He resisted the urge to snort at Sam’s choice of drink. Not out of derision, but just because he’d been right, for the most part. “‘ad ye pegged fer a beer man.” he informed him, eyeing the drink he’d chosen with only a small amount of disdain. It was no secret that he thought it tasted like piss and vinegar - okay, maybe not, but it wasn’t his favourite thing to drink, by any means. It was probably a small bit of karma that had him choking on his own drink at Sam’s next comment, his face consumed by a blush almost as dark as his hair.

Once he’d recovered from the coughing fit that ensued, he shot Sam a look that was equal parts wide-eyed and incredulous, his face still flushed scarlet. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He had no idea what to say to that - his mind had completely blanked on him, with not a single witty comment at the ready. He was left to simply stare, gaze automatically zoning in on Sam’s mouth as he licked his lips. Dammit, he was on the ropes again.

“I promise dat, did I?” he asked, voice surprisingly steady to his own ears. He set his drink down carefully, just in case Sam decided to throw another comment in his direction. If he was going to choke on anything tonight, he sure didn’t want it to be whiskey. The thought made his smirk turn just a tad bit wicked. “I feel like yer takin’ advantage o’ my generosity ‘ere, hon. Maybe ye should be the one buyin' me a drink.”

Samuel Pandev

37 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.12
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.26
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Feb 6 2018, 09:06 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
You say it like it's some kind of insult. Beer’s over 3,000 years old.” He wasn't going to mention the fact that his stout tasted like coffee and beer in unholy matrimony. Vinegar? Please. It was more like biting into dark chocolate.

He had to bite his lip at the choked noise, still eyeing him with his brow cocked high above his lenses. “Me? I believe this was all apart of our arrangement and it sounds like someone doesn't want to pay up.” He still wasn't facing Ichiro, but he did jut his chin upward in a huff.

Sam had his legs tucked against the stool, like one does, but he shifted one leg out and caught Hiro’s ankle with his foot. “Or maybe you'd like to up the ante a bit,” he said while finally turning his body to face Hiro. The great thing about stouts, porters, and lagers was the delightful head of foam that took forever to dissipate and gave Sam all the excuses he needed to bring attention to his mouth, tongue flicking out again with a grin.

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
tormaigh
lightningrod
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ichiro Hitsubaki posted at Feb 6 2018, 11:26 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“3,000 years old an’ it still tastes like piss an’ regret. Not exactly a glowin’ recommendation yer paintin’ dere, darlin’.” Ichiro mused, knocking back the rest of his drink in one swift motion before Sam could say anything else that might have him spitting it all over the bar. Though, the threat of another wayward comment wasting a perfectly good drink didn’t stop him from lazily flagging down the bartender for another one. He had a feeling he’d need some help if he wanted to regain a little ground here.

“‘ey now, ‘m a man o’ my word. I sure don’t remember offerin’ more den a kiss, though,” not that he would object to more than a kiss. Hell, he was kind of aiming for it at this point. Feeling safe for a moment, he took a chance at his new drink as it was place in front of him. Of course this would be the moment Sam chose to start playing footsie, prompting a sidelong glance from Ichiro. That was how he wanted to play it, huh?

For the second time that night he found his gaze drawn to Sam’s mouth, his own tongue darting out subconsciously to lick his own in response. He forced himself to look up and meet Sam’s eyes, raising an eyebrow as a smirk tugged at his lips, revealing a slight hint of fang - were those cosmetic or natural? Well, that was a secret. “A’ight, ye got my attention now. ”

Samuel Pandev

37 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.12
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.26
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Feb 7 2018, 02:09 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“Piss? Hmm, interesting. Why would you know what that tasted like?” Sam waggled his eyebrows, as if it was perfectly normal to suggest such a ridiculous fetish in public. He chewed on his lip for a moment, seriously considering what dumb little game he could propose to make this interesting. Drinking was out. He wasn’t betting his liver against someone a decade younger than him.

A small thought popped into his head and he couldn’t stop from smiling evilly. Even if it turned out the guy was a shark, it’s not like Sam wouldn’t enjoy the consequences of losing. He took a long pull of his drink before replying. “Ever play strip poker? Loser does what ever the winner wants.” He finally decided to remove his sunglasses, annoyed at the piss-tint that was coloring everything in front of him. Even if he looked like a half-asleep drunk Zigzagoon, he was pretty sure he already had this one in the bag. “Or if you prefer a different game, please, be my guest… but if you’re not up for it, I’m fine with taking that kiss and leaving you be.”

@Ichiro Hitsubaki

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
tormaigh
lightningrod
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ichiro Hitsubaki posted at Feb 7 2018, 02:47 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Ichiro snorted, this time with a hint of derision to it. He should have seen that response coming, he really should have. Turning people’s comments around on them seemed to be this guy’s bread and butter. “I didn’t mean it literally, ye gobshite.” He eyed him then, almost suspiciously, that wicked little smirk back on his face. “Funny ye bring dat up, though. Ye ain’t projectin’ on me, ‘re ye? S’okay darlin’, we all got our preferences.”

That evil smile just made that brow rise a little higher, his curiosity piqued now. “Strip poker in the middle o’ the bar? Didn’t ‘ave ye pegged fer an exhibitionist.” Actually, that was a lie, he wouldn’t be surprised at all actually. He didn’t comment at the dark circles under Sam’s eyes, though he did take a moment to have a good look at his face without the sunglasses in the way. Zigzagoon eyes or not, he definitely wouldn’t call coyote ugly if he woke up next to him in the morning. “‘m down fer poker, though maybe we should save the strippin’ part fer a place where we won’t get arrested fer public indecency by my coworkers.”

Samuel Pandev

37 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.12
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.26
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Feb 7 2018, 03:24 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
At talk of his own ‘preferences’ Sam’s head tilted to his shoulder, glaring and smirking simultaneously. With a slow blink he took his drink again, not even sputtering at the exhibitionist comment. “Well, you could always find out, if you’d like? Though I do prefer locations that wouldn’t get me arrested,” he drawled out.

“I figured, grab a few drinks, go back to my hotel room? Unless you’d prefer your place.” His eyes lowered coyly, which shouldn’t work so well with someone his age. “Not that I want to rush through this free drink you got me, but when there’s more fun to be had, I’m inclined to make a plan.” There were so many other stupid things that wanted to come out of his mouth but he bit his tongue, literally, to keep from blurting them in public. Though he had to wonder if it would work in his favor.

“You more a Unovan hold’em guy or Five-Card draw?” He was pretty sure, based on the faces Hiro had been making the entire day, that he could read him like a book and have his clothes off in a few rounds.

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
tormaigh
lightningrod
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ichiro Hitsubaki posted at Feb 7 2018, 04:56 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
CW: Implied/references to transphobia.

Ichiro snickered at the look Sam shot his way, proud of himself for getting that glare, even if it was tempered by the older man’s smirk. Feeling safe for the moment, he took the chance to finish his drink, before Sam had a chance to make him splutter again. Not that he would, most likely; the first had caught him off guard, but he knew what kind of comments to expect now. “Can’t get arrested if ye don’t get caught,” he mused, although that did sort of defeat the purpose.

“I mean, if ye already paid fer it, why let it go to waste?” he mused. There was also the fact that he didn’t have to go washing anything afterwards. Win-win. “No need to rush darlin’, we got all night don’t we?” Given that it was still early in the evening, that was an understatement if he’d ever made one. “Can’t say I see anythin’ wrong wit’ dis plan o yers.”

“Speakin’ o’ preferences…” he drawled slowly, meeting Sam’s eye. Things had been pointing in this direction for a while, but with the invitation Sam had offered, it was time to disclose a few things before they got in too deep. “In the interest o’ full disclosure, I ‘ope ye ain’t expectin’ to find a dick in my pants, cuz if ye do yer gonna need to adjust those expectations.” The line sounded rehearsed, even to himself, and that was because, well, it was rehearsed. He'd been in this situation enough times by now to have a system in place to prevent any... uncomfortable reactions.

“More familiar wit’ Unovan hold’em, but I got no preference,” he added with a shrug, in the hopes that it would stave off any awkward silences that might follow. Those were the worse.

Samuel Pandev

37 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.12
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.26
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Feb 7 2018, 05:36 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Sam’s glass only paused the barest of moments before his brows danced around and he downed the rest of his drink, quickly ordering something lighter because, wow. He tended to take a lot at face value when it came to seduction, so, yes, he had been expecting dick. There wasn’t even an ounce of hesitation on his face though when he said, “Fun times hardly need dick.”

Okay, nevermind, he really wanted to win this game now.

“So, you got a deck of cards at home?” He tugged the new bottle towards him, putting far too much love into wrapping his mouth around that neck. Didn’t really matter, in the end, did it? “I know I have one in my hotel room. And Hold’em is the superior game style…” Not the common one for strip poker, but still good.

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
tormaigh
lightningrod
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ichiro Hitsubaki posted at Feb 7 2018, 06:36 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
CW Implied/references to (past) transphobia.

Ichiro watched Sam’s reaction closely, taking a slow sip of his drink to conceal most of his own face while he watched the older man’s eyebrows do a complicated dance. It was promising, actually; a brief moment of confusion was certainly a better outcome than the outright hostility or disgust he sometimes received. He felt the tension that had unwittingly gathered in his shoulders dissipate at Sam’s words, a small sigh of relief escaping him as he set his empty glass down. “Ain’t dat the truth.”

“‘m sure I got a few, but why take dat chance?” He rolled his shoulders to get rid of any lingering tension there, nodding in acknowledgement when his glass was whisked away and quickly replaced with a new one. “Lets go to yers. Unless yer stayin’ in dat dump on 8th, ye couldn’t pay me to step foot in dere ‘gain.” He did a mental count of what, exactly, he was wearing. He wasn’t exactly a layers kind of guy; six rounds was all it would take to get him down to his skivvies, and that was if he took the collar off first. “‘course, why’dya think I picked it?” A lie, really; he just didn’t know enough about the other option to pick it. “Don’t ye go gettin’ cocky though. I reckon ‘m due fer some good luck after dat battle today.”

Samuel Pandev

This post has been edited by Ichiro Hitsubaki: Feb 7 2018, 10:56 AM

37 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.12
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.26
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Feb 8 2018, 12:33 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Sam snorted, trying to make it sound ridiculous. He wasn’t at the dump on 8th, this weekend. He’s pretty sure that’s where he stayed when he first hit the port. “I'd reckon you have zero luck, considering the state of that battle. Or maybe the gods just had a little plan for you?”

The plan, obviously, being Sam getting into his pants but that's neither here nor there. Sam might acknowledge overpowered pokemon liked to make people's lives hell but he was an atheist damnit.

The great thing about shandy, despite being far too sweet and having the tendency to foam over if you place the bottle down too hard, is that it was very easy to chug. Sam’s throat worked it down, one hand placing the empty bottle down while the other one wiped his mouth. “Ready to head out when you are.”

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
tormaigh
lightningrod
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ichiro Hitsubaki posted at Feb 8 2018, 02:55 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“A plan fer me to get laid?” Ichiro asked, his voice flat and with an expression to match. Of course, it didn’t last very long before it morphed into another grin; it was as though he couldn’t go more than a few moments without some kind of smile finding its way onto his face. “Or a plan fer me to embarrass m’self in front o’ my coworkers. Dats what I get fer bein’ cocky though, ain’t it?” his tone was still light as he spoke, not a hint of bitterness there at all.

He took a more sedate approach to his own drink while Sam chugged his down, his amused grin hidden behind the rim of his glass. His empty glass hit the counter before Sam’s bottle did, and was quickly followed by enough bills to cover their drinks and still leave a hefty tip. What could he say? He always felt generous when a night went his way. He shrugged on his coat and motioned for Sam lead the way; at least he had an idea of where they were going. “Lead the way den, darlin’.”

+1 pt for winter coat

Samuel Pandev

37 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.12
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.26
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Feb 10 2018, 03:23 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“What’s a little embarrassment when the end result is getting laid?” Sam grinned, sliding out of his stool and dropping to the floor. Wool coat belted properly so he didn’t freeze his barely tanned hide, he jumped out of the bar with perhaps far too much enthusiasm.

It took him a second to orientate himself, since Uberrime’s weird layout wasn’t second nature to him yet. Once he spotted the station, he had the mental map in place and started walking on the busy streets. “Hmm.. walking in silence in boring- and since I’m stuck probably seeing you again, in some capacity…” Sam smirked, tilting his head back as he shifted his sunglasses back into place to fight the glare from the snow and bright car lights. “How do you Uberrime guys handle working in a damn bullpen? It’d drive me crazy, being cooped up like that.”

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
tormaigh
lightningrod
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Ichiro Hitsubaki posted at Feb 10 2018, 05:59 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
A snort, followed by a huff of laughter was what Sam received in response to his assertion. “Fair point,” he conceded, shoving his hands in his pockets as he stepped into the cold night air. He took a deep breath, letting the crisp air dampen the effects of the alcohol a little, and fell into step beside Sam as he navigated the snowy sidewalk.

“Ye get used to it. Not bein’ able to ‘ear yer own thoughts grows on ye eventually. Like a wart.” he snorted at his own terrible joke, before adding, “Best bet is to find a desk buddy dat doesn’t make ye wanna rip yer ‘air out, den it ain’t so bad.” His thoughts turned then to his own desk buddy; remembering the way he’d staked his claim on that desk and growled until it was his. It prompted a fond little grin and a shake of his head. “Plus, dat place is like a soap opera or some shit. Always got some kinda drama goin’ on to keep ye entertained.”

+1 pt for wintery things

Samuel Pandev

37 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.12
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.26
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Feb 10 2018, 09:04 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“Well you wouldn’t need drama and gossip if you got out and… I don’t know, risked life and limb prowling the volcano.” He subconsciously tapped at Torben’s ball. Thankfully the hotel wasn’t super far, just required a nice jumble of turns around alleyways and streets. Enough that if Ichiro didn’t already know Sam was a ranger, might suspect he was being led to a dumpster to be shot.

“Not that, I’m sure, city life isn’t exciting.” Sam didn’t really like sleeping outside either, especially in all this snow. He just liked the freedom of leaving whenever he damn well pleased. “Anyway- home sweet home.”

Hardly the best looking place but it was the kind you could reliably be assured kept its beds free of bugs and bleached things enough to get rid of the suspicious ultraviolet stains.

Sam swept into the elevator, slapping buttons, tapping his keycard to the door and then, like a gentleman, held the door open for Hiro. Typical cheap hotel room with dual queens. Sam was already dragging the tiny table to sit between the two beds. “They never give you enough chairs.”

@Ichiro Hitsubaki

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
tormaigh
lightningrod
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A