PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO QUOD GALEA
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Types: type grass type normal type flying
Arranged in order of most common to least common, left to right. Evolved forms are automatically more rare than first- and second-stage Pokémon. If you look hard enough, you might find Pokémon not on this list...

Hoppip Skiploom Jumpluff Budew Roselia Roserade Shroomish Breloom Petilil Lilligant Skiddo Gogoat

Sentret Furret Buneary Lopunny Yungoos Gumshoos Bunnelby Diggersby

Pidgey Pidgeotto Pidgeot Pikipek Trumbeak Toucannon Combee Vespiqueen

CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Howl at the moon, The search to find Kalif....?
This user is currently Offline.
45 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Akoni can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Kalif
Domestic
Lv.5
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akoni posted at Jan 4 2018, 01:32 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

I was lightning before the thunder

tag here
"Kalif?"

Akoni gave a quick glance around, though the Rockruff's distinctive coloring still didn't show, even nudging aside what few ferns still lived in the snow-coated environment failed to produce the mentioned pokemon. He knew that the little Rockruff had been getting rambunctious lately, though Kalif had never run away before, the fact that he seemed to have done so now weighed heavily on Akoni's mind. Even when Kalif had just been hatched, the pup stuck close to the alolan native...

Biting the inside of his cheek, Akoni spared another look around, hoping he had simply overlooked the little pup and their energetically wagging tail. Alas, no such luck. He was still as alone as he had been originally. With the Rockruff nowhere to be found.

Taking a deep breath in an effort to calm his racing thoughts, Akoni continued forward along the path, hoping that perhaps as he walked, the Rockruff would catch up and find him. It wasn't exactly the first time they had been separated, of course. Though so far this was the longest... Usually Kalif would come racing back the moment the pup would hear his name... And Akoni knew very well that the pup wasn't a fighter...

If Kalif had gotten into some sort of trouble, he wouldn't know what to do. He'd always had trouble learning how to protect himself at the same pace as the other Rockruff that had been on his island...

"Come on lil' guy... where you at?" Akoni mumbled, sparing another moment to glance around for any sign of the Rockruff's paw prints in the snow. And while some tracks were noticable, they were bigger than they should have been to belong to Kalif. Leading to Akoni simply marking them off in his mind.

"Kalif!" He called again, hoping that he'd be able to hear the pups howl of response, though no such thing had happened... instead, the ambience of the Quod Galea seemed to grow louder in response, as if seeking to drown out his call for his lost companion.

5 | 25% | Domestic | Tackle + Leer
MITZI

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Lark can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Clef
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Stanza
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Lyric
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lark posted at Jan 4 2018, 02:41 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Lark ran her fingers along the edge of the tarp around the wagon, ensuring the the straps to keep in place were secured. Clef--ever present on her shoulder--double checked her work with his keen sight, but there was little need. The woman had gotten plenty of practice in this task over the last several weeks as she and her husband made their way around Ho'ohiki. It surprised her that she had yet to grow tired of camping--it likely helped that when they were in towns, they booked a room at a hotel or bed and breakfast where they were available. She did briefly wonder about what they had been thinking heading to the region at the end of fall, but in all fairness, they couldn't have known ahead of time that the winter here was going to be harsher than normal.

She heard the crunch of the snow and the whuffling of Yue Fei as he pawed at the ground. The colt was still feeling frisky after his morning jaunt in the snow and seemed to be having a hard time sitting still for Xiang to tack him. "All of it look good, Clef?" The taillow gave a chirp of affirmation, making Lark smile. She reached up and scratched him under the beak with a finger. "All set here, love." She said bit louder to Xiang after checking that the pair of kissing balls were still secured to the back--a Christmas gift from her sister. She started making her way back around the cart, one hand on it since she'd left her walking stick leaning against the front to have both hands, when a sound came echoing through the area. Lark paused and turned her head, brows knit together in concentration. It wasn't that she was trying to figure out what the words were--that was easy enough--but she recognized that voice. "Xiang...that's Akoni." She supplied, her voice full of bewilderment, but certain in her identification of the man's voice. It certainly helped that she also recognized the name of the Rockruff he was calling.

"Clef, go find Akoni." It was baffling to her that would run into the giant of a man all the way out here--the last they had seen him was in Alola. What was he doing here? And what had happened to Kalif? The taillow chirruped and took off from her shoulder in search of the traditionalist.

@Xiang Zhao
@Akoni

This post has been edited by Lark: Jan 4 2018, 02:44 AM

32 years old
Have you met my brilliant and beautiful wife?
Open Inventory
LC:
Xiang Zhao can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Yue Fei
Stamina
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Xiang Zhao posted at Jan 6 2018, 02:59 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Easy, Yue." The Mudbray colt danced in place and Xiang settled a hand on his shoulders. An insistent nose shoved him in the chest. "I know, I know. You weren't done playing. But we need to get moving, shagua." Xiang used a gloved hand to brush snow from the colt's coat where the harness would lie. He glanced up occasionally to look at Lark while he worked.

She looked good today. Clear eyed and faintly smiling, her cheeks pleasantly flushed from the cold. When she was good, Xiang was good--he felt his heart was beating in its proper place today.

Xiang gave the Mudbray a final pat just as Lark called that she was ready. "Perfect timing, my love. Do you want to walk or ri--" He froze at the shout ringing through the hills. Lark's assertion startled him. He trusted her ear, but that seemed so unlikely that he stared. Before he could ask if she was sure, she sent Clef away and Xiang gave a sharp exhale instead. Well, I guess she's pretty sure.

He unhooked Yue Fei's harness from the traces and walked to Lark's side, holding out his elbow for her to take. They'd have to move slowly through the snow, but there was no help for it.

The tailow overhead flew a few broad loops before taking off in a straight line. Xiang looked at the Mudbray. "You go ahead, Yue. Keep Clef in sight. We'll follow you." The colt whuffed agreeably and set off, tracking the bird overhead. Even if they lost sight of the equine somewhere along the way, it would be child's play to follow his hoofprints in the snow. "Ready?" At Lark's nod, they set off, following Yue Fei and Clef across unmarked snow.

When they came to the crest of a hill, Xiang spotted a figure in the valley below. "Xerneas preserve us. I think you're right, love. I think that is Akoni." He was still some distance off, but the big man and his Rockruff had been such fixtures around their old home that Xiang was pretty confident he'd recognize the man in an evening gown at a Christmas party on a gambling boat in Kalos. He cupped both hands around his mouth and called out. "AKONI!" He waved one hand high above his head, trying to make them as visible as possible.

@Lark
@Akoni

45 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Kalif
Domestic
Lv.5
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akoni posted at Jan 6 2018, 10:31 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

Regardless of how many times he had called for the pup, silence answered his call, worry gnawing at the pit of his stomach as the seconds ticked on without a even a simple call from Kalif to signal that he was okay. Just how far away was the little Rockruff?

A small shadow passing over him had the traditionalist squinting, and looking up at the air, a hand over his eyes to block what he could of the suns' glare to try and make out what type of bird it was passing over him. While they seemed to be flying in lazy circles, looping from where he guessed they had come from, the sudden determination the bird seemed to have as they flew straight had a smile pulling at the corners of his mouth.

"You do you little buddy." He mumbled, turning his attention back to the forest around him. Sure, it was covered in snow and obvious tracks from a variety of wild pokemon, but even still. It shouldn't have been so hard to find where Kalif had run off too in the snow! Unless, the pup had disappeared further back and he just hadn't noticed it, though a sharp breeze of the chilled winter air had Akoni pulling his coat closer, proceeding to hide the rest of his gaudy, Bouffalant themed Christmas sweater (Battery operated blinking christmas-light-decorated horns included!) behind the thicker fabric of his jacket.

Worry and Guilt spiked at the thought of the Rockruff having disappeared earlier than he had noticed, prompting the traditionalist into turning to look behind him for any sign of the Rockruff's pawprints having veered off after a scent, or something of the sort. Inhaling briefly as Akoni prepared himself to call out, yet again, for his missing companion, another shout had broken the silence.

"AKONI!"

The shout had his head turning sharply towards the ridge, a hand over his eyes again to block out the sun as Akoni struggled to try and figure out just who was calling his name. Though after a moment, a goofy grin seemed to explode into existence as he allowed his arm to drop back to his side.

"Lark! Xiang! What're you two doing all the way out here in Ho'ohki?"

MITZI

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Clef
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Stanza
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Lyric
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lark posted at Jan 7 2018, 04:32 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
A smile tugged at Lark's lips when she heard Xiang's sigh--she recognized that sound. She did have a tendency to launch into something before it could be properly discussed or she'd managed to fully convince him. Her cautious guide. She waited as he unhooked the Mudbray's harness. The crunching snow indicated he was coming toward her, so she held out her hand, wrapping it around his arm when it was offered. She smiled teasingly at him. She nodded. She typically would have teased him about how she almost left without him, but the spirit wasn't really with her.

She kept ears strained for sounds of Clef's wings or of Yue Fei out in front of them. Travelling through the snow was difficult, mostly because it was good at hiding things in their path Xiang would ordinarily see and either steer her or caution her of it. So, she was stuck with having to walk more carefully and slowing them down. It was a bit frustrating and getting up set over not being able to see was new to her. She'd been born without her sight, but it wasn't until the last year that she'd ever regretted being blind. The feeling seemed to be rearing its ugly head more since being release--though no feeling could top when it first happened.

Lark gave a playful scoff. "What? You didn't believe me, love?" She gave his arm a little pinch. "Here I thought you had more faith in the senses I do posses." After seeing that Lark and Xiang had caught up with his target, Clef banked back around to return to his human. The Taillow settled on her shoulder and she reached up with her free hand to run a finger along his cheek. "Good job, darling." After Xiang called out and Akoni responded, Lark lifted an arm to wave. She could tell by the way the sounds carried that he was still a decent distance from them and below. They must be standing on a hill or crest of some sort.

Lark would trust her husband to lead the way down, even getting on Yue if it made the trek easier on him.

@Xiang Zhao
@Akoni

This post has been edited by Lark: Jan 7 2018, 04:34 AM

32 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Yue Fei
Stamina
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Xiang Zhao posted at Jan 7 2018, 11:06 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Xiang smiled and nudged Lark with his elbow at her teasing. "It's not your senses I doubted, xingan. It was the limits of probability. Which have clearly decided to laugh in my face."

Xiang couldn't help but grin at Akoni's response. Trust the big man to decide to hold a conversation by shouting across a long distance. He shook his head softly and then got to work getting them both down the hill safely. Fortunately it wasn't too steep. He turned sideways on the hill and took both of Lark's hands in his before proceeding down, one crunching step at a time in the snow. It might have been faster to put his wife on the back of the sure-footed Mudbray, but Lark preferred to get around on her own two feet and Xiang wasn't going to challenge that. Her fierce independence was one of the things he loved most about her, after all. He counted himself lucky she accepted his help at all.

Yue Fei cavorted down the slope ahead of them, kicking up great sprays of snow. When the colt reached the bottom, he ran to Akoni and bounced a circle around him, prancing happily and snorting great clouds of warm breath out of his nostrils. "Bray! Mudbray bray!"

As they made their slow progress, he saw frustration flick across her face and frowned. In the past she had always dealt with delays caused by her vision with perfect grace and equanimity. This impatience with herself was new and worrying, but she didn't like to talk about it. Even if she would, now was really not the time.

Once they reached the bottom of the slope, it was a short walk down to where Akoni stood. Xiang greeted the other man with a warm grin, reaching out a hand to snag and restrain the exuberant Yue Fei. "We live here now, actually," he said in answer to Akoni's earlier question. "But we're surprised to see you. When did you get here?" He could almost feel the next question radiating off of his concerned wife. "And what happened to Kalif?"

@Akoni
@Lark

45 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Kalif
Domestic
Lv.5
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akoni posted at Jan 8 2018, 03:32 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

Akoni's grin only grew as Lark started to wave, though as the Mudbray began his little descent down the ridge, the Traditionalist simply lowered himself to a knee, ignoring the chill radiating against the fabric of his pants as he gave a gentle pat to the colt's nose as he approached. "Hey there big guy, you enjoyin' the snow?" He hummed, though looked up as Xiang and Lark approached.

Straightening up, Akoni carefully dusted off the snow that stuck to his knee before looking back at the couple. His grin only seemed to grow more now that they were closer to him, the traditionalist only spreading his arms for a moment before he spoke. "Bring it in you two" He hummed, seeming far more willing to close what distance still remained between them to simply scoop the couple into his arms in a hug.

Only when Akoni felt that they'd been hugged long enough, did he carefully set them back on the snowy ground, nodding excitedly to the information that the couple now lived in Ho'ohki. Though as Xiang inquired just what he was doing in such a region, Akoni clapped a hand on his shoulder.

"I knew you two moved after I stopped seein' you both around town, never would've thought you'd've ended up here. But, to answer your question... I moved here too! Like 3 or 4 months back, it's hard to keep track, but now I live up in..... Caecus? I think it's called? Caecus or Campana, you know, the one that has Poké-stores and those adorable long-furred mice-" He stopped abruptly as Xiang asked what happened to Kalif.

Guiltily, the man looked away down the trail he'd come from, "I lost track of him... One minute he was trotting along right next to me playing in the snow, and the next... He's not even howling along to my singing." He confessed, chewing the inside of his cheek for a moment before shaking his head, "He was being oddly rambunctious the past few days too... I'm a bit worried he might have found a scent and chased after it, you know how hard it was for him to learn new moves, or even defend himself in the play fights with the other Rockruff in the town."

Akoni rubbed the back of his neck lightly before shaking his head. "He's not even answering me when I call for him... I don't know just how far back he separated from me either..."

MITZI

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Clef
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Stanza
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Lyric
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lark posted at Jan 9 2018, 02:15 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
When Lark could hear they were closing with Akoni, she smiled, pushing her temporary frustration away. Knowing the large man well-enough, the woman was prepared for bear-grip of a hug. He at least was kind enough to give verbal now--the first time had been very startling and not at all pleasant for the vision impaired woman. Being lifted from her feet still wasn't her favorite, but it was outweighed by friendly gesture and Akoni's pure joy in it. She reached for Xiang's arm again once they back on their feet.

Being new to the region themselves, Lark was unable to discern which of the towns he was describing. She recognized both names from having Xiang gone over their map with her, but they were just names, aside from her knowing their rough position to each other. They were both connected by this path...weren't they? She couldn't recall despite her sharp memory--something else that had been suffering as of late.

She frowned at his recounting of losing track of Kalif. She could imagine--and hear--just how worried the big, usually joyful man was. "Oh, Akoni. It will be okay. Xiang is quite the tracker." She gave her husband's arm a squeeze. "We'll split up and find him." With her free hand she removed two Pokeballs from the pouch on her belt. At their release, a Pidgey and Fletchling stretched their wings on the snowy ground. "Lyric, go with Akoni. Stanza, I want you circling above. We're looking for Kalif, a Rockruff. Four legged canine with brown fur." At least she'd managed to remember what the pup looked like from Xiang's description. The Fletchling chirped in understanding, fluttering up to land on Akoni's broad shoulder. "If you find Kalif, Lyric will come find us. Vice versa for us and Clef. Does that sound like a plan?" She hoped that she hadn't forgotten anything obvious...

@Xiang Zhao
@Akoni

32 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Yue Fei
Stamina
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Xiang Zhao posted at Jan 14 2018, 08:48 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Xiang braced himself to be grabbed in one of Akoni's legendary hugs, and was not disappointed. As soon as their feet were back on firm ground he reached his arm out for Lark, feeling a warm glow of pleasure as her hand reached unerringly for him in the same breath. They finally seemed to be settling back into their rhythm after being out of sync for...well, too long. Every moment like this one reinforced that they had made the right decision in coming to Ho'ohiki. He ran his free hand over the hair disarranged by Akoni's exuberance and smiled indulgently. "It's good to see you, too, Akoni." And it was. He ignored the faint stirring of homesickness in his chest and focused on the pleasure of seeing an old friend and his wife's hand gently squeezing his arm.

Trust Lark to get right to work and organize a search with speed and utter efficiency. He smiled at her affectionately as she set tasks for them all. He'd be happy to help anyone find a lost Pokemon, but the genuine distress weighing on one of the most cheerful souls he had ever met just added fuel to the fire for Xiang. And Akoni was right--the little Rockruff was like Lark's tame delivery birds--not equipped to protect itself or survive alone. He needed Akoni as much as Akoni needed him. He knew that feeling himself. They were going to find Kalif.

"Lark's right, Akoni. We'll find Kalif, don't worry. You work back toward Caecus, in case he decided to head for home. We'll head toward Campana. If we get too far with no sign, we'll turn back and I'll work alongside the main path." A quick glance at the snow around his feet showed no sign of Rockruff prints--not that he supposed he was surprised. There was something not far away--though they looked too big to be Kalif's from here. Still, he would check them out first when they got started.

@Lark
@Akoni

This post has been edited by Xiang Zhao: Jan 14 2018, 08:55 AM

45 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Kalif
Domestic
Lv.5
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akoni posted at Jan 20 2018, 11:09 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

As the fletchling landed carefully on his shoulder, Akoni gave a whistle of greeting to the little bird, lightly patting the top of the tame flying type's head with a happy hum, seeming more than pleased at seeing the familiar pokemon again after so long. Turning his attention back to Xiang as he told him to start heading back towards Caecus, the traditionalist gave a nod in response, trusting that with the extra pairs of eyes that they'd be able to find Kalif faster than he could wandering around alone, shouting for the little rockruff.

"Alright, he might be playing in the snow... he was doing that just back there before I lost track of him" Akoni explained, gesturing back the way he came before giving a careful sigh—an attempt to regulate the worry that was starting to claw its way up his throat. "I can't thank you both enough for your help. When we find him- I can make you guys a breakfast, in thanks." Akoni said, wringing his hands together briefly before looking back towards the bird on his shoulder.

"You ready Lyric? Just give me a chirp if you find something, okay buddy?" He said after a moment, carefully turning—so the fletchling didn't lose balance on his shoulder—before starting his way carefully back up the path he'd come from... Though, he couldn't shake the feeling that he was forgetting something important about his little companion...

If Xiang were to closely examine the pokemon tracks left behind from where Akoni had originally come from, the evidence of the larger prints having overlaid over smaller, shallower prints would make itself known. Even the slightest drag of what could have been some pointed object dragging against the top of the snow becoming more and more noticeable the further out it went into the foliage of the Quod Galea, as if an increase in weight were forcing it into the white powder.

In fact... the tracks could look almost... familiar if he were to recall a certain pokemon of a four-legged variety. Even with the occasional flurry of destroyed patches of snow, as if the Pokemon in question had lost their footing, or even tripped over their own paws and collided with the deeper patches of snow. Leaving more Canine imprints in the white powder where snow hadn't been launched back into the indentations. Likely from being shaken out of the pokemon's pelt.

MITZI

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Clef
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Stanza
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Lyric
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lark posted at Jan 22 2018, 08:13 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Lark turned her head to the side a little toward Xiang, the head quirk she typically did when could feel someone looking at her. She knew he was and she knew he was smiling at her, which made her own lips tug up at the corners, but continued with her proposed course of action. She turned her face toward Akoni's face, angling it back so she should be facing his head more than his chest. The woman offered a warm smile. "Oh, hush you. It's our pleasure to help." She reassured him before adding, "But I wouldn't say no to your cooking and some time in your company." She smiled sweetly at the large man.

The Fletchling gave Akoni an affectionate bump of the head on his cheek and bobbed his head in understanding at the request. Use to riding on people shoulders and even on the back of Mudbray and Mudsdale, maintaining balance was not a problem for the little avian. He turned on the traditionalist's shoulder so he could better see behind and around them, searching for any signs of the lost pup. Once Xiang added some stipulations to their search she moved around him and placed a hand on his shoulder to follow behind. Leave it to him to cover crucial points and spot any issues. Lark had a tendency to not think things through all the way, but Xiang was a thorough planner. They complimented each other well and she loved him for his patience with her plans of action.

Unable to assist in the sight searching part of things, she strained her ears for any sounds that might indicate something--be it a shuffle in a bush or the call of Stanza above them. As the moved through the snow and Xiang stopped here and there to investigate something, Lark wouldn't break his concentration, entrusting he would say something when he found something worth noting.

@Xiang Zhao
@Akoni

32 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Yue Fei
Stamina
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Xiang Zhao posted at Feb 3 2018, 12:21 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Xiang studied the tracks in the snow, brow furrowing. Something about their pattern was familiar. And there was something about the way the prints overlapped, larger ones almost obliterating the smaller. He had certainly seen Lycanroc prints many times in his life, and the smaller ones were clearly Rockruff...and that familiar, careless gait. Xiang straightened abruptly and then stood from his crouch. Akoni couldn't be far--no, there he was, still easily in sight, heading the opposite direction. He set his fingertips lightly on Lark's arm to give her warning before shouting. "Akoni!" he yelled, hands cupped around his mouth. He kept calling until the big man turned, at which point Xiang waved for him to come back toward them.

His glance shifted toward his wife, waiting as patiently as ever. "I think I know what the problem is," he explained, keeping an eye on the Mudbray still bouncing merrily around in the drifts of snow, the jingle bells Lark had bound to his harness for "a little holiday cheer" ringing out wildly.

When Akoni rejoins them, Xiang will look between wife and friend and say, "I think I know what's happened. We're not looking for a Rockruff, Akoni; we're looking for a Lycanroc." He gestures to the prints, pointing out the clues that nudged him toward this conclusion. "I've heard stories they sometimes go a little wild when they evolve, but you'd know that better than I."

@Akoni
@Lark

45 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Kalif
Domestic
Lv.5
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akoni posted at Feb 20 2018, 08:12 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

It wasn't even 5 minutes after they had started their search, that Xiang was calling him back, a curious hum escaping his throat as he glanced back towards the man. Making sure that Lyric was comfortable on his shoulder, and wouldn't be falling off any time soon; the traditionalist made his way over to the pair, the bounce to his gait likely due to the depth of the snow where he'd yet to tread. Or possibly just due to the fact he seemed to emulate Kalif's personality more and more with how long the two spent with each other.

As he approached, Xiang had immediately launched into an explanation, the mention of Kalif evolving had his eyes widening, and the feeling of worry abruptly vanishing. Without much of a warning, Akoni smacked a hand to his face, groaning loudly at the information before shaking his head.

"Of course! How could I have forgotten! You're right, Xiang. They're rowdy when they get close to evolving." regardless of how simple the explanation was—and how clear the tracks stood out among the otherwise unbroken expanse of snow in front of them, Akoni couldn't help but already start beating himself up over having forgotten about the Rockruff's possibility to evolve.

"I guess that just leaves actually finding him now, huh?" Akoni said sheepishly, unable to help himself from showing the anxious tick as he wrang his hands together. In all honesty, he didn't necessarily need the couple's help to follow the tracks, not now that they were so clear to him. Rather, he simply didn't want to go alone, not after he'd found his old friends—er, more like they found him, but regardless! They just had too much stuff to catch up on to simply part ways so easily!

MITZI

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Clef
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Stanza
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Lyric
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lark posted at 15 minutes ago
Quote ❝❞
^
With his warning touch, Lark was prepared for the bellow that emitted from her husband. If he was calling their large friend back, then he had found something. She refrained from asking since it would be easier to recount his discovery once rather than twice. The woman nodded at his words, turning her head so she could better listen for Akoni's approach. This proved to be futile since Yue Fei was taking the down time to prance around them. She had tied the jingle bells for a bit a of holiday cheer, but to also make it easier for her to hear him when he was moving around the campsite--he liked to steal food. In this moment, however, the near constant sound was making it impossible to for her to hear subtler noises. Perhaps this hadn't been very well thought out.

When Akoni drew closer, and just before Xiang spoke, Clef brushed his wing against her cheek--a signal that someone was approaching. She reached up and scratched the bird under his beak and along his jaw in thanks. As Xiang spoke, her eyes widened in surprise at the news, but it did make sense. She had heard similar stories of Rockruff running off to evolve. Little Kalif was turning into an big Lycanroc? It was a bit sad, discovering that the last time you saw your best friend would be the last time. Of course, he would still have Kalif, but many Pokemon went though changes after evolving...he wouldn't be the same pup Akoni had known for years.

She could hear the uncertainty in voice, even if what he stated should be possible. Luckily, she knew their big friend well enough. Lark stepped closer to him, turning her face up so she was, hopefully, 'looking' him in the face and not in the chest. "We'll find him together, Akoni. And then we will catch up." She reassured the fellow Alolan with an encouraging smile. The bird-keeper raised her fingers to her slips, letting out a three-part patter whistle that carried easily into the air. Stanza called back, an acknowledgement that she was returning. She turned back to her husband. "You found tracks? Can we follow them now that we know what we're looking for?" Once the Pidgey was back and if they had a direction to search in, she would send the avian out ahead of them, this time with instructions to look for a larger, brown-furred canine.

@Xiang Zhao
@Akoni

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay