PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO OKEANOS TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Wingull Clamperl Buizel Slowpoke Marill
Okeanos' residential Pokémon are generally very domesticated and comfortable around humans, as all aggressive Pokémon have been driven out of town by the tourism boards. Clamperl, rarely seen in the wild, are harvested here, collected in large man-made basins and kept for their useful pearl-creating abilities. Okeanos' official bird is Wingull.
A vibrant port town, earning capital from large transport ships which service the rest of the island, Okeanos draws in gym leaders, breeders, ranchers, and researchers alike with its variety of shopping options and official -type gym. As a relatively new settlement, many inhabitants of Okeanos are foreigners from other regions, and cultural tension is often high between these newcomers and those who were originally natives of Piscari. Recently settled tourists range all the way from French immigrants to Indonesian newcomers, creating a vibrant and diverse culture that can sometimes boil over with the many cultural differences between new and old residents.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  A Surprisingly Social Vacation, tag; gail hart
This user is currently Offline.
13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Akiko Kumori can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.42
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
20%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.10
3%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
1%
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.6
N/A
Ivy
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at May 31 2018, 11:35 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
This vacation was turning more and more into a socializing event for the teenager. Already meeting two new friends, with one even going to ride the ferry back to Uberrime with her, she was wondering what else could happen? Who knew. Currently the family had decided to explore the town they spend the day on the beach. Wandering past nick-nack shops, as her mother and father chatted ahead of her.

Her mother seemed to be going on and on about bringing home some new decorative pieces for the farmhouse. The father on the other hand was giving the smallest of cringes of thinking of carrying all the back home.

Akiko was ignoring the conversation. Holding her hoppip, Buttercup, close in her arms as they talked. At her side her furret Techu was walking with her. Looking up at her trainer curiously. The two sharing a mental thought, before they continued walking behind the two adults.

"Are we really gonna have to carry whatever mom gets?"

"Most likely."

"Urgh."

"I know."

Seems the ferret and her trainer shared the same opinion with the father of carrying all that back home.

@Gail Hart

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gail Hart can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Gail Hart posted at Jun 1 2018, 12:08 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Gail padded through the quaint little street at a leisurely pace. She was starting to get a little annoyed. For all of her searching, she couldn't find a map of Ho'ohki anywhere.
Gail started to click her tongue while looking at shop names, wondering if any of them would offer up more than a Clamperl keychain. She'd been unlucky so far.

Even though the sky threatened rain at any moment, it was quite warm for her at 22 degrees Celsius. Her denim shorts were earning her some odd looks as everyone else seemed to be wearing full-length trousers. She rolled her eyes at the others, having no tolerance for other people's judgments and looked in her bag to find out how much cash she had - maybe enough for something to eat? She'd left her massive backpack at a nearby hostel and was instead carrying a brown handbag across her chest.

Nothing.

"Huh?" Gail said out loud, now pawing through her purse. She could have sworn she'd had some money. Gail tutted and flipped her bag closed. Well, there was no point continuing to look for a map if she couldn't pay for the darned thing. She stood looking mildly annoyed, her hands on her hips, looking left and right as if a sign would reveal where the possibly imaginary money could have gone.

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.42
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
20%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.10
3%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
1%
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.6
N/A
Ivy
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at Jun 3 2018, 02:32 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
As the youngster pair grumbled over what they would have to carry, they soon ran into Kain, Aki’s father. Giving a ‘oof’ she soon fell back onto her butt. Techu squeaked, her lucky egg collar jingling as she rushed to help Aki up. The male turned, he had stunning white hair- maybe it was from age? Fair skin, slightly slanted olive eyes, and a bit of a soft yet gruff voice.

“Akiko? Darling are you okay?”

His hand reached down to help her up, along with Techu pushing her up from behind. “Yeah, dad, I’m fine. Just fell.” Shaking her head slowly, she stuffed her hands into her shorts pockets. Going to go scurry around him and her mother before they started to fret too much. Due to her lack of attention, she almost bowled Gail over.

"Oh! Oops I'm so sorry."

Techu was right back at her owners side, tilting her head to the side, wondering who this new lady was.

@Gail Hart

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Gail Hart posted at Jun 4 2018, 01:01 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Gail, with her quick reflexes, caught Akiko lightly by her arms before she could crash right into her. With a muttered, "Whoops!" She politely let go and stepped back at a respectable distance, smiling kindly.

"Not at all. Are you okay?"

She saw the Furret approach and pressed her lips together, returning her attention firmly back to the young girl.

@Akiko Kumori

This post has been edited by Gail Hart: Jun 4 2018, 01:02 AM

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.42
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
20%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.10
3%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
1%
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.6
N/A
Ivy
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at Jun 4 2018, 09:03 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"I'm fine! Sorry I almost ran into you..."

Fiddling her hands together, she saw her parents walking past, who stopped.

"Child, will you be okay?"

Angel, her mother, asked as they paused.

"Yeah mom, I'll catch up. I got Techu."

Angel nodded, and her and her husband went forward, though they were not straying too far from their daughter. Wanting to keep her at least in eyesight. Aki saw that, and it put her a little at ease.

"I'm Akiko, who are you?"

@Gail Hart

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Gail Hart posted at Jun 5 2018, 06:23 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Gail smiled benignly at Akiko's parents before answering the girl's question.

"That's alright. I'm Gail. Pleased to meet you. I was just shopping for a Ho'ohki map. But I guess I forgot my money."

Gail laughed at herself, clutching the back of her head, and sighed.

"Being an adult is hard. I advise you put it off for as long as possible."

@Akiko Kumori

This post has been edited by Gail Hart: Jun 5 2018, 06:24 AM

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.42
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
20%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.10
3%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
1%
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.6
N/A
Ivy
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at Jun 5 2018, 06:51 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
A map? Did this mean she wasn't from here? Hands started to wring over each other as she stared up at the adult. Tilting her head to the side curiously, not too sure how she could even help her. Looking towards her parents who were not too far from her. Taking a sigh, she shrugged at her sheepishly.

"A map..? I think one of the stores near the docks actually sell them..."

Techu nudged her leg softly, trying to get the girl to keep going on with the conversation and not be so shy.

"So does that mean you're not from here?"

@Gail Hart

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Gail Hart posted at Jun 6 2018, 04:49 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Gail smiled, making a note of the interaction between Akiko and her Furret, understanding and taking care to give the shy girl ammunition to keep the conversation going with a question.

"Nope, I'm from Kanto, near Vermillion City. Ever heard of it?

@Akiko Kumori

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.42
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
20%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.10
3%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
1%
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.6
N/A
Ivy
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at Jun 8 2018, 12:47 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Kanto? Kanto... Aki's eyes dirtied up, trying tot think where that was. Her family immigrated from Johto, but it was before she was born.

"I have heard of it I think in class back home. My family comes from the Johto region, I never got to see it however." she admitted, rubbing the back of her neck a bit. Looking down to the furret, she looked back to Gail.

"That's why my dad picked sentret out for me when I first got Techu. Said they were really good back home."

@Gail Hart

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Gail Hart posted at Jun 8 2018, 07:10 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Gail continued to smile encouragingly, raising a finger while making her next observation.

"Mh, Johto is right next to Kanto. I've been there a few times on holiday, back when my grandmother was still alive. There were lots of Sentret and Furret in the woods near her house. I drew lots of them."

@Akiko Kumori

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.42
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
20%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.10
3%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
1%
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.6
N/A
Ivy
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at Jun 9 2018, 02:42 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Oh you draw?!"

Aki's eyes lit up at the mention of that, starting to dance from one foot to another. Hands clapped together, and she was just as giggly as could be right now. Looking for her bag, she remembered it was back at home in Campana, a huff escaped her as she soon crossed her arms to pout.

"I drew too, but my book is back home."

@Gail Hart

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Gail Hart posted at Jun 9 2018, 07:15 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Gail was delighted by the girl's enthusiasm, and reached into her handbag, hunkering down on her haunches to be level with Akiko. Gail pulled out a leather bound journal and opened it up.

The first page was an intricately painted scene of Vermillion City as seen from the deck of the ferry she'd just been on before it had departed. In the bottom corner, she'd written in an elegant looping scroll,

Goodbye.

The next few pages were mostly of water or flying type pokemon she'd seen while on the ferry, most of them just quick sketches in graphite. Quick, but accurate and professional. Next to each sketch was a time and date and occasionally a note on the weather or how she felt when she'd drawn something. For example, next to a picture of a Sharpedo, she'd written,

Storm clouds to the East. Headache.

The last picture was a double-page spread, also painted, of the canteen in the ferry. Various people had been sitting on tables in front of her having their lunch. The painting looked mostly brown, although the occasional spots of colour dotted the scene, showing where there had been Pokemon.

Had a salad and lots of strawberry soda. Only 30 mins till disembark. Nervous.

"It's a shame I can't see yours. But if you like, you can draw something in my book?"

@Akiko Kumori

This post has been edited by Gail Hart: Jun 9 2018, 07:16 AM

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.42
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
20%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.10
3%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
1%
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.6
N/A
Ivy
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at Jun 15 2018, 03:07 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Eyes were alive in excitement as she watched the pages turned and she was shown each different piece of art. Hands covered her mouth, and a squeal started to emit from her throat. Bouncing in her spot, she started to clap her hands together.

"All these are so lovely! You're really great!"

When she was offered to draw in her book, her hands would be held out gingerly to take it if she was allowed too. "I'd love to!"

@Gail Hart

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Gail Hart posted at Jun 16 2018, 09:07 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Gail grinned, relinquishing the journal to Akiko.

She looked around, wondering aloud,

"I wonder if there's anywhere nice to sit?"

@Akiko Kumori

This post has been edited by Gail Hart: Jul 23 2018, 12:07 AM

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.42
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
20%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.10
3%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
1%
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.6
N/A
Ivy
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at Jul 25 2018, 05:18 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Aki glanced around quickly, spotting a bench that was under a bit of shade from a tree. "Over there looks good!" She chimed, going to walk over and sit there. Scooting over to make room for Gail to sit.

"Hm.. what to draw... hey! Techu, come pose for me."

Techu looked up, shaking her head with her lucky egg necklace. Going over to flop down in front of them, curling up and placing her chin on her paws in a dainty fashion. Aki giggled at this, hearing her bag beeping that her parents off to the side was holding, it must be her dowsing machine toy going off.

"Do you have a favorite pokemon?"

@Gail Hart

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Gail Hart posted at Jul 25 2018, 10:20 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Gail followed Akiko to the bench and sat primly on the edge, her feet crossing at the ankles. Gail watched the interaction between Pokemon and trainer with interest, smiling at the cute pose Techu made.

"Eevee."

The response was out of Gail's mouth before she could stop it, and the tips of her fingers grazed her own downturned lips, silently wishing she hadn't spoken at all. Moisture pooled in Gail's shocked eyes, and she closed them to regain control of her emotions.

When she opened them again, she glanced at Akiko, hoping the younger girl hadn't noticed.

@Akiko Kumori

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.42
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
20%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.10
3%