PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO UBERRIME CITY
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Pidove Pichu Elekid Helioptile Pawniard
With cities come pests, and Uberrime has its fair share of annoyingly domesticated Pokémon. Pichu and Elekid form strange social packs, working together to rifle through the bits and pieces left outside of diners and cafes. Helioptile, originally introduced to feed on the massive Pichu infestation, are now just as big of a nuisance, sunning themselves on the stone sidewalks and occasionally snacking on the overweight Pidove that flock to Uberrime. Pawniard trained by the local branch of Rangers work to keep crime - at least, the obvious kind - to a minimum. Uberrime's official bird is Pidove.
The very definition of opulence, Uberrime is packed to the brim with shining metal buildings, bustling shopping centers, and the latest in technology from researchers around the island - and even from other regions. Far and away the most advanced city for miles, Uberrime boasts a multi-story gym, highlighting Steel and Electric-type Pokémon, along with an alternative route through which those less inclined to fight can answer puzzling questions to advance. Those with scientific interests will be right at home, especially researchers, who will no doubt find work in any field they please. Breeders, however, may find themselves up a proverbial stream without a proverbial paddle, as Uberrime's population is inundated with the latest in pure blooded oddities and attractive award-winning Pokémon. Oddly, Uberrime seems to have no discernible culture, nor has it ever...

Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Quick Match, Josh/Jewel fight
This user is currently Offline.
28 years old
I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination
Open Inventory
LC:
Josh Rallen can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Bonny
Static
Lv.25
24%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.13
7%
Foxy
run away
Lv.2
N/A
Growlithe
flash fire
Lv.6
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 03:52 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh was hanging around a nice little battle park in Uberrime that he frequented, allowing Chica and Bonny to spar with each other even if they weren't so much as close to evenly matched. They made good partners for each other even if there was so much difference in skill between them. Bonny allowed Chica to make a move now and again that was better and the growlithe was quickly learning all of Bonny's tricks. Foxy meanwhile did some more workout type training than fighting. The shiny sentret ran circles and laps, jumping around anything she could.

The ranger's eyes were much more glued to the sentret, making sure she didn't disappear due to how rare she was. He stood just as slightly short as he always did, a red flannel on his shoulders with a black tee beneath it, and his usual worn out jeans. The bright red in his hair sat same as it always did, the mop of hair looking like an odd fire at the top of his head.

@Jewel

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Jewel can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.15
25%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Jewel posted at Apr 16 2018, 03:53 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Jewel got some looks as she jogged through the park. She ignored them though, understanding that what people were seeing quite probably looked ridiculous. Flint was running ahead of her, occassionally rolling when she got too close to keep his distance, while behind her came the roaring lawnmower, occassionally floating into the air to gain speed and catch up as it lagged behind.

As they ran her watch suddenly began beeping as they reached the shade of a large tree. Enough guys, that's 10 miles. Good job. We beat yesterdays time by 11 seconds! The young lady reached into her fanny pack and produced a pair of poketreats, tossing one to each pokemon before eating one herself. She took her bag of her shoulder, and place dit on the ground, rooting around until she found a waterbottle with a yellow liquid in it.

Come on guys, take a sip, and relax time to cool off. After all three had a sip, she repacked the container and threw the bag back over her shoulder ahead, and took a deep breath to even out her breathing. She looked around the park at all the various people and pokemon, when she caught herself looking directly into the eyes of a man with red hair.

@Josh Rallen

This post has been edited by Jewel: Apr 16 2018, 03:59 AM

----------

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.25
24%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.13
7%
Foxy
run away
Lv.2
N/A
Growlithe
flash fire
Lv.6
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 12:10 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
As Josh tracked the sentret's progress around the park and the area she began by running small laps around the little area that Hunter and Sam were fighting in. While seemed content with that for a little while, of course eventually she began to scramble up into a tree, as was her want. Once she was there she would hop tree to tree, her natural state of being if the ranger remembered correctly. After a good few trees Foxy started to rustle around in one specifically. Either the girl had found some kind of berry to munch on over there or she was stuck, or some other third thing.

So, looking down and seeing that there was a trainer under there was not a good realization. "Heads up!" he shouted, making use of that deep voice of his that made projecting a non issue. He'd never had a problem with his ability to yell and now was no exception. Nearly at the same time as the warning was received a yellow tinted sentret would fall from the tree, getting halfway to the ground before being swallowed up by the red light of a pokeball and back to her trainer. As much as he had given a warning Josh was still very protective of Foxy if only because she was so rare and most likely wanted for it.

@Jewel

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.15
25%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Jewel posted at Apr 16 2018, 01:12 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Jewel suddenly jumped as the man she was looking at yelled for her to look out. She tensed her body for an impact and looked around, spotting the falling pokemon even as the red beam hit it. She reached her arms out to catch it, but it was no longer solid as it zipped back into the ball. Sentret's were pretty common, and Jewel was no slouch when it came to knowing her pokes. Therefor the fact that the sentret was oddly colored didn't escape her notice.

She trotted over towards the man with the pokeball, wiping her brow with a small towen she then struck in the band of her track suit, she spoke Decent reflexes, zapping your falling friend so well. Unless I miss my guess, that's either some unique one or a shiny I take it? The rock and lawnmower sat in the shade, in fact, if the man hadn't seen them running he might not even realized they were actually pokemon.

@Josh Rallen

This post has been edited by Jewel: Apr 16 2018, 01:12 PM

----------

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.25
24%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.13
7%
Foxy
run away
Lv.2
N/A
Growlithe
flash fire
Lv.6
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 03:06 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh hadn't been scared that his partner would fall on the stranger, she wasn't heavy and they'd be fine, it was how rare and noticeable she was that made him so tripper happy with the pokeball. Now that she was back in her pokeball she was released again, to sit by his side and look up a little confused. It was a bit much to be zapped from one place to another like a teleporter, but she got used to the idea pretty fast. Chica and Bonny both quickly stopped what they were doing as this conversation started, each catching their breath and looking between the two trainers. "Yeah she's shiny." he offered, given it was fairly obvious with how she's yellow and all.

"Reflexes are pretty important when I've got a shiny on my team." he offered, shrugging a little at the thought. Looking behind her he quickly recognized a geodude, given he'd seen them before and such a perfectly shaped rock was probably no coincidence. That, and the lawnmower was most likely something. The bright orange lawnmower was a bit suspicious with the trainer girl and he was pretty used to the rotom back at the station causing all kinds of chaos. "You three out for a jog?"

@Jewel

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.15
25%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Jewel posted at Yesterday at 04:08 am
Quote ❝❞
^
Jewel almost sneered at the guy when he stated he 'needed reflexes' because of the 'shiny on his team'. Rare colors didn't mean the pokemon was special. She always thought people that thought so were fools. A pokemons power comes from training. If he babied his pokemon so much because it was special he was doing it a disservice!

A jog? No. Jog's are for fat people trying to stay in shape. We are training. We train all the time. I put myself through the same workout I put my pokemon through, to show them I mean business, and would never ask them to do something I wouldn't. There's a reason we are pretty much undefeated so far. Soon, we will take on the gyms as well, and really begin to flex our might.

She looked over her shoulder and pointed to Flint. He's won about a half dozen battles, even against a typing he was weak too, twice in fact. Pointing to Torm she continued [And Torm there has battled in every possible form he has, and hasn't lost yet either, though, he hasn't had the typing disadvantage as of yet. What about you guys, out for a stroll to play in the park?[/color] The way Jewel said stroll, it was as if she had said the worddisease or poison, as if it fit oddly in her mouth and she tried to spit it out.

@Josh Rallen

----------

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.25
24%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.13
7%
Foxy
run away
Lv.2
N/A
Growlithe
flash fire
Lv.6
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Yesterday at 06:47 am
Quote ❝❞
^
Quickly he realized the way that he'd come off versus how he really acted. He only babied Foxy in terms of her interaction with humans and how much he could keep her in his sight. When he trained with her he trained her just as hard as the other two. That, and similar to Justin and Jewel he did a similar thing. When he had them running, swimming, anything like that that he could reasonably do he performed with them, but he did battle them with each other. He hated having to stand up for his training style because she thought she was superior. "Yes you clearly would ask them to do something you wouldn't if you're gonna fight the gyms. I'd like to see you hop in the ring with Sharon's oshawott." he spat back, not realizing that he'd apparently had a short fuse that day.

Soon as he said it the red haired man realized that he'd been a bit too much on that. The way he trained and kept his pokemon was important to him and he wasn't so headstrong to not consider these kinds of things. "We've lost but there's no point winning if you never lose." he gave, knowing she'd call that losers talk and ready to back it up with something more tangible if she wanted to be like that. Him, Bonny, Chica, and even Foxy had been training plenty hard enough for this type of thing and were ready for a field test.

@Jewel

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.15
25%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Jewel posted at Yesterday at 06:55 am
Quote ❝❞
^
Scoffing, Jewel replied "Obviously, I would not fight the oshawott. BUT, I would go a few rounds until Sharon gave up crying, if I could get a badge that way, so yea, I indeed WOULD do whatever I ask of them. Human on human and pokemon on pokemon, doesn't frighten me in the least. Accepting the possibility of a loss, is accepting the loss before its even been given. I rise to any occassion, and when the day comes that *WE* lose, it will only point out our weak points. So for now, we train everything, since we have no discernible weak point. Nor do we waste our time playing."

Jewel's pokemon sensed the growing tension and headed in her direction. The lawnmower, Torm, silenced their engine in order to hear the human words, even as the magnetic rock rolled closer. Each pokemon stacked on one of the sides of her, forming what seemed to be a quite formidible line. The female trainer never called, or even seemed to motion for them, they simply did it, either through a high bond or intense training, it seemed they knew exactly how to react. The smug smirk on the girl's face, showed she knew EXACTLY how perfect the maneuver seemed to be.

@Josh Rallen

----------

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.25
24%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.13
7%
Foxy
run away
Lv.2
N/A
Growlithe
flash fire
Lv.6
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Today at 12:27 am
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh's pokemon were always quick to spring into action when he needed them. The trio of pokemon had never let him down in a crisis situation and were usually at the scene faster than he was. That was how he trained them and how he needed them to be trained, first and fast responders. He didn't need tanks or other powerhouses for the live and the job he led. Obviously a more powerful team was more helpful and would help him do bigger jobs, but he wasn't going to sacrifice their happiness or their health for it. "Can we skip all this and just battle already?" he was worried about that geodude, none of his team had anything good against that so he'd be at a major disadvantage.

He knew that was were things were going, he'd end up battling her and he was sick of dealing with her elite attitude. "I'm a ranger I don't need a team that's strong I need a team that's smart and kind." he gave, emphasizing 'kind' as though he knew her training method lacked that. Intense workout all the time did not leave room for them to know what they were doing or have any sort of kindness. His team was just as likely to start attacking as they were to try and strike up a conversation. He needed that versatility and it was worth not having so much power to get it.

@Jewel

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.15
25%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Jewel posted at Today at 03:25 am
Quote ❝❞
^
Jewel had to resist laughing at the offer of battle from this poor deranged man. His increasing ridiculousness climbed further when he stated his pokemon were 'kind'. "My pokemon are plenty kind, I don't have to teach them. Training builds character as well as muscles, but I guess you'll see that soon. I hope no big mean 'ol poachers find your 'kind' pokemon too easy a target. So yea, lets battle, since you offered. Hopefully you'll learn a few things. I'd wager my Rotom can handle your pikachu, and my Shellos can handle your growlithe. Two seperate single battles."

With that Jewel backed up and withdrew a pokeball. "We will start with 'Ella the shellos, so after her fight she can watch Torm." Jewel zapped the snail pokemon into her other hand, and lowered her head whispering to it. "Prepare your pokemon however you like, within normal ruling parameters and attack her when you are ready."

Jewel lowered the small slug to the ground. As it slimed its way ahead of her into the battle arena a small blue gem could be seen dancing on a thin string around its (neck?).

user posted image
Level 15 Female Shellos named 'Ella, Storm drain ability, holding a water gem, attacks:mud slap, water pulse,mud bomb, harden

@Josh Rallen

This post has been edited by Jewel: Today at 03:26 am

----------

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.25
24%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.13
7%
Foxy
run away
Lv.2
N/A
Growlithe
flash fire
Lv.6
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Today at 02:59 pm
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh refused to allow himself to get mad, whether he lost or not he knew that his team was what he needed them to be and the best he could have made them for his ranger needs. The team he had was doing their best to get better and would be their ideal selves someday, that's just not today. As soon as she gave her speech on how they were kind already Josh had to smirk. Clearly they had different ideas of that trait. "Believe me we've dealt with poachers." regardless of how badly they'd been beaten he'd kept his team safe and that was what mattered to him. Beating a gym was not his goal and he didn't need a team of cannons to shoot him through things he needs a team of intelligent first respondents.

Ella the shellos, she had the advantage and immediately Josh recognized it. He knew that she was going to be victorious and that was pretty much fine with him, any experience was going to be good for Chica and that was enough. A battle seemed rare enough he wasn't going to back down from the chance, and Bonny was going to face up against the lawnmower, much more of an even match if he was honest. "Alright, we accept then." he gave, knowing that Chica really only had one option in this bite, and the two of them looked at each other for a moment, "Do your best, it's fine." he gave, accepting that they were at the disadvantage even if Chica was ready to do her best.

The girl nodded, and then pounced into the action with her teeth bared, ready to try and gain herself the advantage before they started with a bite attack. Ember would be no help here and roar was useless as well since they'd agreed to this one on one so it would be similar to cheating, as well as probably not functioning in the first place. This left bite as their only real option as she bounded in and attempted to get the first hit.

user posted image
Chica the Growlithe lvl 13 link 6%
Bite, roar, odor sleuth, ember
Chica used bite! (Acc 100)
Dice Roll: 1d100: 71 = 71

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.15
25%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Jewel posted at Today at 04:18 pm
Quote ❝❞
^
Jewel had to admit to herself, never out loud of course, that it was impressive the man was willing to take such a disadvantage against the shellos, but her keen eye had determined it was the fairest matchup she could offer, the same reason for the one on one option, as several of her team would be able to blow away two or three of this guys pokemon. She watched as the growlithe lunged forward with a bite attack. Weeks ago the shellos would have cowered before the onslaught or maybe even tried to dodge or run, but she had recently learned to have faith in her human, and as such she took the shot stoically.

Since the man had the stones to accept the challenge, Jewel didn't feel it was fair to start out with water moves, knowing that if it hit, powered by the gem it would be as good as over. She wanted to let the growlithe have a bit of a fighting chance, though she wondered if the ranger would even notice how magnanimous that was. However, that didn't mean she was going to take it completely easy on him by using mud-slap. She had 'Ella learn mod bomb for a reason!

"Let the bombs fly 'Ella." As soon as the word bomb left Jewel's mouth the slug sprang into action. A thin sheath of water ran down the slug into the dirt and created a mud puddle just a little bit bigger than her. She dug her pseudopod into it balled up a blob, and then did a 360 degree turn hurling it with all her might for the growlithe. The accuracy of the move wasn't as good as her preferred mudslap, but Jewel promised it was better andher human hadn't let her down yet!

user posted image
Level 15 Female Shellos named 'Ella, Storm drain ability, holding a water gem, attacks:mud slap, water pulse,mud bomb, harden
Hit by bite
Hp is at 81%
Attacked with Mud Bomb accuracy is 85%; 30% chance to lower accuracy by one stage
Dice Roll: 1d100: 13 = 13

@Josh Rallen

This post has been edited by Tigermyst: Today at 04:26 pm

----------

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay