PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic
📊 New Poll

>  General Suggestion Thread
This user is currently Offline.
30 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Oniwanbashu can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Rustam
Stamina
Lv.64
100%

Overgrow
Lv.63
100%
Pearl
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Oniwanbashu posted at Feb 22 2018, 03:43 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
I just realized that we don't have this, but there should probably be a list of Pokemon and the routes/locations they generally/are confirmed to occur in somewhere within the Guidebooks so we don't have a ton of new players asking "Where can I find [insert Pokemon here]" and can easily look up the available info all on one page instead of having to go through every single piece of the map to find where it is.

This user is currently Online.
25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Piprika can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Piprika posted at Mar 13 2018, 06:52 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
*cracks knuckles*

BLACK MARKET POACHED POKEMON MARKET

A legit black market for poached / illegally bred pokemon. They can be in Piscari/Caecus. Pokemon from poachers are bought here for pit fighting. Some are even pit pokemon, either bred from pit pokemon who have won a lot of battles. There is even eggs from those said pokemon, promising to be great fighters.

Though there is a downside to this! Poached pokemon or pit pokemon are not very trusting and usually violent. Even if they are under control it would take a long while to get them to behave and listen to orders.

Some of the pit pokemon could be sold solely for breeding purposes as well, leaving the slightly older males to be sires, while having some younger females to be the egg bearing pokemon. Not often do many of the older female pit fighters get sold, because they are unable to bear any eggs due to old age and or how disabled they could be from their fighting lives.

Hope you guys like it! It is a bit bare bones but I think it can be changed into a great idea!

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
CaprisunPapi can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

Lv.

CaprisunPapi posted at Mar 17 2018, 09:00 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Why not create a system for rangers that involves the wrist device thang' from the old games. I think it could work by boosting linking percentages or something, but only for a number of posts/movements. it was just a thought and I know that Ho'ohiki doesnt have that type of tech but aye' ;]

17 years old
Hey Youngblood doesn’t it feel like our time is running out
I’m going to change you like a remix
Then I’ll raise you like a phoenix
Open Inventory
LC:
blaze can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

blaze posted at Mar 19 2018, 12:13 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Alright so my suggestion is like a Game Corner. Like in the games, you some little mini games and earn like points to go towards prizes. Now what could you have in the game corner?

Easy you could have some automatic slots, maybe a connect four between members that they do themselves without the need of a mod/game corner dealer. Maybe a high low where you use a dice roller of another site and then put the result in the code. You could also have a snap if you wanted, or or like that 21 game where you roll and try to get as close to 21 as possible.

Now I know some would need like a mod or something but you could get game corner dealers, members that wanna help out and mod for you guys in the game corner. So let me explain how i think some games could work.

Snap.

This one is fairly simple enough. You play this against a com player that the dealer would 'play' as. The person would begin by saying like start game etc. then the dealer would use a site called random.org to get a random number between 1 and 13. That first number would be the com's card. you would then get another number between 1 and 13, that being the player's card. If they are the same then said person gets 10 points.

If they get a pair then you would ask if they want to continue to up their points. (x2 x3 etc.) If they fail you would ask if they want to try again and they lose thier points form the game. The maximum points in the game would be, 50 so a max of 5 rounds per game.

High Low.

This is a little similar to the Snap but has some differences. The player would start in whatever way, like start game etc. The dealer would then roll 2-4 dice (you can dice on the amount) and add the total. for a game to start you would need a pair, triple etc. depending on the dice result means a different amount of points you can win.

The player would say if they think the next one would be higher or lower. Then the dealer would roll again and post the results. If the player is right, then points are doubled. if wrong they lose the points. the max amount of rounds per game is 4-5.

Slots.

As I said before this on could be an automatic game that players put the required things in like how many points they want to use on the slots then as they post it would generate the slot results. certain line of things would mean different amount of slots and you could even have a wild or a jackpot in there.

If automatic would be too hard then the dealers could maybe do this.

Connect Four.

You would not need a dealer for this as it is between one members of the site. you have a connect four grid and two icons for the players. Player 1 put the icon in the bottom row of the grid hen player 2 would put one either on top of that or in the bottom row. You keep going until the grid is full or a player gets four in a row. The winner would get so and so amount of points.

Cannot really say how it would be coded for some stuff but some would be fairly simple and not too hard to do. Hopefully what I got here makes sense and you understand the original games. ^-^'

Edit as of: 12/04/18

I was also thinking that we maybe have a thread that tells you what classes ids and such that the site uses for things like the party code in the mini profile that can be effected if those classes ids etc are used in the <style></style> tags of someone's post.

I know me myself have had problems because an id or class is unknowingly used in the mini profile and seen things go wrong. As such it has meant I have had to edit my posts just to try and stop it effecting that piece of site code. With many members using the dohtml tags in their posts for their pc, plotters, trackers and journey threads etc knowing what classes and ids and all to try and avoid using in the <style></style> tags would be really helpful to the coders on the site.

This post has been edited by blaze: Apr 12 2018, 01:54 PM

----------

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Neo can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Neo posted at Mar 19 2018, 11:06 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
How about a grammar help section! If you're unsure about some grammar issues, or if you're confused over how to write something, this section can be a place that members could go to ask for a little clarification or assistance, and any members who know or are willing to help can respond with advice. The grammar help can be something as simple as knowing when to put commas (do we put comma's before "and" for example), or other things. One example from a short while ago was that I asked the members when or how to use the word "whom" and got help that way.

The grammar help section can be on Discord for instant help, or on the website located somewhere in the OOC section. Or both!! On top of that, maybe the grammar server/section can also have other things to it; like a "word of the day" to help increase everybody's vocabulary, or anything else that others can think of.

31 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Tigermyst can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Tigermyst posted at Mar 24 2018, 04:37 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
I know we have had a lot of discussion that it's too bad that there's no way to easily tell people's pronouns on Discord. So I thought we could set up roles for different pronoun groups and assign them to each member based on their profile on the site. Then all someone would have to to to check pronouns is click someone's name to check their roles. It's not a perfect solution, but would make the information easily accessible, and it's a pretty easy thing to let new members know, too.

----------
Hi! Wanna play? Check out my plotter!

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Kaori can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Kaori posted at Apr 13 2018, 01:32 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
I don't know if people before me have suggested this, but one thing I've seen with a lot of pokemon RP sites and such is: teams. Whether antagonistic or not, teams like team rocket or whatever should be able to exist officially here, with subtle bonuses for the members. Say to create an orginization or team you need a certain number of members and a certain amount of Poké. After that point, the team might gain access to a small headquarters building (not a skyscraper or anything large) which can be upgraded and expanded through additional Poké. And then, additional buildings can be purchased for another fee. Small bonuses such as maybe having an orginization shop in which members can purchase from, or orginization members being able to create orginization mini events that give prizes from orginization funds, could be a thing too. Orginizations would each have their own mini bank, in which members could deposit Poké, eggs, poke balls, berries, or any other form of item for use by orginization members. I don't know what people will think of this, but this is just something I thought could be cool.

27 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Vet can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Lela
intimidate
Lv.
N/A
Svart
Lv.
N/A
Aimee
Lv.
N/A
Darcy
Lv.
N/A
Archimedes
Lv.
N/A
Gryphon
Lv.
N/A

Vet posted at May 3 2018, 10:48 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
I didn't notice with Val since he didn't have a faceclaim, but when doing one for Joss, I noted we are to list what the faceclaim's role is? That seems like superfluous and unnecessary information. Maybe more useful info would be to connect the faceclaim to which character is using it?
That way if - say you remember a faceclaim, but not the character and want to look it up - you can find them easier.

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Neo posted at May 10 2018, 03:59 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
We ought to have a Solo thread icon, like the journey thread icons. Since so many of us make solo threads. It could be neat.
Important suggestion I know.

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Neo posted at May 11 2018, 07:52 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
I hope the double-post isn't a problem but I have kind've a more "helpful" suggestion.

One thing I gotta say about finishing threads is that it's kind've a pain to have to go to numerous threads and posts to edit and update them. You have to make an interaction claim, you have to update your level/link thread, you have to update your plotter, it's just kind've hard to keep track of and remember to be honest. So I began thinking about how to make things simpler and easier to allow for less of a chance to make mistakes or forget things, and make it easier for new members to get on board. Keep in mind that I don't think this current system is flawed or wrong, if we stick with the current system instead of using a variation of my idea then that's perfectly fine, this system isn't that hard to grasp. I'm just looking for ways to make things even easier.

Suggestion: Why don't we find a way to have level/link posts and PC threads be the same exact thing? Maybe put level/link things in PC's instead?

This way you'd only have to edit one post instead of two in order to keep things updated. Maybe we could do something where the first post is a list of all of your characters pokemon, stats, and items, so that if people or mods need to look at your current pokemon they'll be able to see it right away instead of scrolling down. And then the second or last post will be your level/link claim. I think this would be a great idea because all of your vital information is in one place, and its a bit less work that you need to remember. It's all right there for you to see. This makes your PC even more relevant and useful.
Another minor thing is that it wouldn't matter how you code or how you don't code. Some people can't stand using codes so their level/link claim posts are gigantic walls of text, making for big lists of levels and numbers that people need to scroll through in order to find their own level/link post. If people have their level/link posts in their own PC's, then it won't bother anyone else.

I hope this suggestion can spark some useful idea's for the forum. A big bonus would be if we could somehow mix interaction claims with this, even though I don't think there is a way. Just having the goal of minimizing how much a member has to edit and think about after finishing a thread would be very nice.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
📄 New Topic
📊 New Poll

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay