PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO OKEANOS TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Wingull Clamperl Buizel Slowpoke Marill
Okeanos' residential Pokémon are generally very domesticated and comfortable around humans, as all aggressive Pokémon have been driven out of town by the tourism boards. Clamperl, rarely seen in the wild, are harvested here, collected in large man-made basins and kept for their useful pearl-creating abilities. Okeanos' official bird is Wingull.
A vibrant port town, earning capital from large transport ships which service the rest of the island, Okeanos draws in gym leaders, breeders, ranchers, and researchers alike with its variety of shopping options and official -type gym. As a relatively new settlement, many inhabitants of Okeanos are foreigners from other regions, and cultural tension is often high between these newcomers and those who were originally natives of Piscari. Recently settled tourists range all the way from French immigrants to Indonesian newcomers, creating a vibrant and diverse culture that can sometimes boil over with the many cultural differences between new and old residents.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Totally Tubular, Dude, Tag; Josh!
This user is currently Offline.
26 years old
"Life is a rainbow, be all the colors."
Open Inventory
LC:
Azelia Pie can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 7 2018, 01:29 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Azelia was returning from Hudor Reef, and whoo wee, did she have some stories. The beach bum was coming up to ]the town,not quite there yet. Her hair thrown up in a bun as she thought who to call or tell. digging out her phone, she had the perfect idea. She could call Josh! He would perfect. Plus she wanted to talk to him about that creep that came in the store a few weeks ago and gave her his phone number. Scrolling through her contacts, she would slam a finger onto the call button.

Whenever Josh would answer, Azelia would sound so excited over the voice- going almost 90 to nothing while speaking to him. "Hi! It's Azelia, I was hoping we could meet up? I know I said I owed you for saving me from drowning. So how about I treat you to lunch? I have a totally radical story for you, bro! It's sooo cool, mang. I'm in Okeanos, I dunno where you're at, but I'll be here a while so I can wait for you!"

With how she was talking, it might be evident that excited speaking might be a Flowers family trait, not that Josh knew that, though. Though for Azelia she didn't care, she also had to snag a egg from the pokemon center she was heading for. Once there, she could retrieve it. She needed to hatch it so this was the best way.

[Dratini egg, 1/40]

@Dragon

28 years old
I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Josh Rallen can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 7 2018, 02:37 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh was off work for the day, training at the expense of his income. Bonny and Chica were getting a good workout while Foxy and Shadow were resting from theirs. So when he got a call talking somewhere around a million miles an hour it was a bit of a smack to the brain but he caught the second half of what Azelia was going on about. If she was going to wait a while he supposed he could catch the next ferry? Yeah sure, that'll take a good while but it's the fastest way. "Alright, I work in Uberrime. Be there quick as I can but it'll be a bit." with that he'd hang up, and begin putting the egg and incubator he carried with him in his bag where it hardly fit.

"Alright everyone, looks like we're good for today, we're going on break for the rest of the day." he was working on getting his team where they all wanted to be and was making significant progress, but honestly an excuse to take a rather long break was a great thing. He felt bad working his team so hard even if none of them seemed against it. The ranger put them all away in pokeballs and sped off to the ferry, not ending up in Okeanos for a good while. The moment he touched back on land though he'd pick up the phone, forgetting if she gave him a more specific location and happily texting her 'Where you at?'.

[18/35] Egg posts w/incubator
@Azelia Pie

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Jul 7 2018, 05:10 AM

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 7 2018, 04:04 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
It must not have been a minute since Josh sent the text, that there was a familiar voice yelling for him across the way. "Yo!" Hand was waving rapidly in the air, as the rainbow beauty ran over to him. On her back was a pack holding her egg, making sure to keep it on her since it'd take longer than a Karp. Grinning as she spotted her fellow bright friend, Azelia would stop in front of him. "Duuuude!" Bouncing on her feet, she looked like she gained a tan, too.

"Been a while, brudda! Whatcha been up to, mang? I got something totally out of this WORLD to tell you!"

Hands were grasped together Her excitement was so sweet it could give cavities. "Also where's my swimming buddy? I need to give them a hug." Of course she meant Foxy, remembering how the sentret saved her from drowning the last time.

[Dratini egg 2/40]

@Dragon

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 7 2018, 05:19 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh had kept pretty much all of his pokemon away in their pokeballs for the entire ferry trip, and had barely a moment before Azelia seemed to find him. He simply didn't want any of them to wander off or anything like that and end up separated. Similar to the rainbow haired girl a bag sat on his back, though the incubator and egg in there stuck out a bit, the added size not being well contained in the pack. He didn't remember her being so aggressively casual and excited, though maybe that had been circumstance or a poor memory for someone he'd only met once before. "I'd love to hear it." he offered, a kind smile on his face. At her question he'd make a bit of a confused face, two of his pokemon had helped that day.

"Which one?" he asked, pulling out both Bonny and Foxy's pokeballs, knowing they had both acted as some terrific first respondents when she was drowning in the ocean. The two of them both popped from their pokeballs with bright and excited faces. Bonny scaled Josh to sit on his shoulder, enjoying the view from much taller than she was, while the now evolved furret squeaked and moved to Azelia, paddling her little paws towards her in general excitement. In comparison Bonny seemed calm, though she did give a 'piKAchu!' and wave happily.

[20/35] Eevee egg posts w/incubator
@Azelia Pie

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Jul 7 2018, 05:20 AM

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 8 2018, 05:56 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Oh yes, both of them!"

Azelia had been in such a fantastic mood, seemed her memory was failing her. Waving excitedly at Bonny, she made a face at her. "Whose a big strong little pika?! You are! Little rad pika who could probably go surfing, huh?" Josh, what on Earth did you just get yourself into? Before dark hues fell to the now furret. Arms flew out from her sides, as she fell to her knees in front of her. Arms still open wide. "Come give me a hug, you two! You amazing little pokemon!"

If the two would jump into her arms, she would squeeze them into a tight hug. Looking up at Josh, she was just smiling. "I owe you a lunch or dinner date, right?" Going to free the pokemon from her arms, she would straighten up. "Also wanted to talk to ya about somethin' that happened up where I worked! Some dude gave me your number. Totally weird, and he was like, creepastic." She pointed out, adjusting her bag and egg after she stood.

@Dragon

[Dratini egg 3/40]

This post has been edited by Azelia Pie: Jul 8 2018, 05:57 PM

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 9 2018, 12:56 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
As Azelia opened up her arms Foxy would happily squish against her, hugging tightly in all her fluff as Bonny jumped down from Josh's shoulder rather abruptly down, landing beside Foxy with a bit of a thud against Azelia. While Josh had to laugh at her excitement he still apologized, "Sorry, she's just excited. Hope she didn't hurt ya." he offered, thinking the girl was light enough it should be a problem, and she didn't jump all too far anyway. When she let go Bonny would crawl right back up to her shoulder position on Josh, calming like not a thing had occurred and smiling lightly. While he wasn't carrying a pokemon on his shoulder he'd take the incubator and it's egg into his arms, relieving the strain on his bag.

At the story that was clearly about Riscal Josh had to spend half a moment remembering what Rick had gone by at the time, what was that alias...? He passed it off as trying to just generally think but eventually snapped back to the conversation "Oh? Luke? Yeah his phone busted but he was really looking for that magikarp. I told him if he needed to I'd play middle man for him." he offered, shrugging a bit. It was a bit of a weird sounding and specific situation but still possible, and Josh didn't need to think about why he'd even made friends with the poacher. They had once been going after something together that the two of them abandoned as quick as they picked up.

[22/35] Eevee egg posts w/incubator
@Azelia Pie

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Jul 9 2018, 12:58 AM

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 10 2018, 03:58 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Oh nah mang, i t's all cool." Azelia didn't mind if she was hurt by the pokemon. If that was how she felt this world- cuddling pokemon, so be it! Bouncing right back up though, she was here to have a good time with Josh. But also to figure out who the heck that Luke guy was. Squinting at him, she wrinkled her nose a bit. Another Flowers family trait, there. Placing her hands on her hips, she tilted her head a bit.

"He was weird, bruh. Total creep."

Well. She's honest.

"But I guess if you're sayin' he's chill mang, it's frosty." Letting it go, for now, she would soon reach over to grab his hands. "I got something to tell you, Arcues, it was so freakin' amazing!" Tugging him,s he would let go of his hands and wave him forward. "C'mon, I know this totally great place down on the beach to eat."

She was so giddy, it might have been infectious to anyone around them. "So ya been, man? Haven't heard from ya, thought you forgot I owed ya a lunch date or somethin.'" She commented, going to adjust the egg in her bag some.

@Dragon

[Dratini egg 4/40]

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 10 2018, 04:37 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh had absolutely forgotten that she had told him she owes him a lunch date. In honesty he'd thought she was joking when she said it the first time. The red haired man had assumed that his lackluster attempt at flirting had scared her off, which was totally fair. At the way she talked Josh could only chuckle, loving the use of the word 'frosty' in really any sense that wasn't a nice helping of ice cream. He jumped usually straight to casual cursing and swearing, but that laid back language worked to. "Yeah he's off but he's a good training partner." Josh said, finalizing their conversation about Rick hopefully. It was no lie, Rick was a great guy to help out training his pokemon, since he was a bit rougher than Josh and Justin were about it.

At her intense excitement to move on and go get some food Josh would find himself falling back into his own old excitable bouncy habits. He was never as all over the place as Justin but Josh could find some pep in his step now and again. "Nah I didn't forget...." he gave, nearly jokingly obvious that he had most definitely forgotten. "I've been working on training up the team." he moved on, smiling broadly. "That's how Foxy here evolved." he gave, the furret following along nicely, just as excited as anyone else involved. The incubator in his arms was a bit awkward, but far better than straining his bag with it.

[24/35] Eevee egg posts w/incubator
@Azelia Pie

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Jul 11 2018, 05:33 PM

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 11 2018, 05:11 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Azelia was listening to him, smiling to him as she began to lead him down towards the beach. "Well, if she's happy, then I'm glad for her!" Grinning, she started to take some stairs that descended down towards the beach and the the stalls lining the beach. The smell of food waved over the air, as Azelia looked back at Josh. "So dude, you ever meet a Legendary before?" There was a look in her eyes- one that just screamed she had one hell of a story.

"I don't really train my pokemon, since well, I'm into breeding them than battling. Did mange to make some interesting looking babies though! I should show you my angler fish." She hoped Josh wasn't going to be like Zane and declare her creations 'creepy.' Adjusting her egg again, she pointed down the beach. "The place is down there."

[Dratini egg 5/40]

@Dragon

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 11 2018, 05:49 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh smiled in return at the notion that Azelia might not enjoy battling or training. He understood it certainly wasn't everyone's cup of tea and was glad she at least phrased it nicely. Foxy did seem happy to be a nice pink furret, always getting all kinds of attention for how unique she was and how adorable the fluffy creature had become. She often was praised for how cute she was but it was cool to back it up with a decent ability to fight as well. The girl was part of a ranger team after all, she had to be at least somewhat capable.

"No, I can't say I have." he replied in regards to the legendary question. With such a specific question and the excitement she held, he could tell where this was going. "So who'd ya make friends with?" he asked, figuring this was where her story was going. The breeding question had him showing her his own egg, knowing that this one was an eevee, which he already had a fantastic one in his team. "I'm not really a stranger to breeding myself." he offered, shrugging. "Training them means they can learn new moves though, have little baby pokemon with super strength moves." he gave, chuckling at the thought of some of the funnier combinations one could see.

[26/35] Eevee egg posts w/incubator
@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 12 2018, 02:31 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Azelia had no problem with anyone who choose the battling life, it just was not in the cards for her. Though, the moment Josh was asking who she made friends with, Azelia was bouncing. Spinning around, she grabbed a hold of his hands, holding them up to her face. "I met Latios and Latias! Letting go of his hands, she held her arms out wide. "They just- they came out of no where! I was at Hudor Reef, looking for fish, and the yjust... came up! It was so amazing, Josh!"

Placing her hands over her heart, she sighed happily. "Never in my life did I think I'd ever be blessed to totally meet the twin dragons, but I did. IT was totally tubular, dude!" It was clear she was very sighed, taking a deep breath finally. "...That's if you even believe me." Frowning a bit, she let her excitement die down some. Shuffling in her spot as the egg's weight shifted on her back.

"Interesting moves? I've got a few fighting type magikarp, actually due to breeding."

[Dratini egg 6/40]

@Dragon

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 12 2018, 02:48 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
CW: Swearing

The ranger hated to have to admit he didn't remember exactly what she did, if it had come up at all, but he wasn't sure why she was so fish oriented. Wasn't this girl the one he found nearly drowning? Yeah, yes she definitely was that one. After all there weren't many other rescues that were just Bonny and Foxy. He rotated pokemon way too often for just those two to have all to many other rescues as a pair. At the legendary mentions though Josh's eyes widened, only falling again with her as she suggested he might not believe her. "No, no of course I do! That's fuckin' awesome!" he didn't usually swear in front of someone who wasn't doing it themselves.

He was just so excited for her, meeting something rare was one thing, but both Latios and Latias themselves? Josh had watched enough fantasy type entertainment and spent enough time chasing fairy tales that he knew pretty much all there was to know about any pokemon one called mythical. It was a point of knowledge that rarely ever came up and even more rarely helped him at all. Still knowing that Azelia had met them was nearly mind blowing. "Tubular doesn't even begin to describe how crazy that is!" he continued, whatever their other topic was entirely forgotten. Josh held the incubator closer to himself, excited like a child.

Both Foxy and Bonny were intensely confused. They had both been with Josh for nearly their entire lifespans and weren't exactly sure what these pokemon they were discussing were all about.

[28/35] Eevee egg posts w/incubator
@Azelia Pie

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Jul 12 2018, 02:49 AM

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 12 2018, 07:42 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh wasn't calling her crazy, or a liar. It made her extremely happy, bouncing on her feet she made sure to be careful with the egg. Looking back at him, he eyes watered up. It was just nice to be believed over this whole thing. "Man, it was so great! They took me down into the ocean, it was so cool...." She trailed off, giving a bit of a face. "Till, I uh, freaked out. I'm not a big fan of water.." Rubbing the side of her arm, she did feel silly about freaking out.

"Uh, anyway, want to talk about this over the food? Instead of standing here looking like a pair of gossiping Nancy's?"

[Dratini egg 7/40]

@Dragon

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 12 2018, 09:11 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh listened to her as best he could, trying to imagine what it would be like to ride around on the back of either Latios or Latias, and even underwater? That was simply the most fantastic thing he'd ever heard. In fact that may have been exactly something that he needed to hear. "Azelia that it so fantastic... I'm sorry you're scared of water but, but you met Latios and Latias!" he enthused, looking down to his egg and incubator to notice he may have been clutching it a little harder than he meant to. While he wasn't sure he had the strength to break it he really didn't want to test that.

At the mention of food though his stomach would softly growl, notifying him that the ranger hadn't eaten much since he left Uberrime. "Umm, yes, yes that would be great." he gave, putting that usual smile on his face and calming himself back down best he could. Finally Foxy would look from Bonny to Azelia, giving little chatter squeaky noises of question. Neither of them got it why either of them were so excited.

[30/35] Eevee egg posts w/incubator
@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 13 2018, 03:56 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Without a second thought, she began to lead Josh over to the food stand. It was just some little beach shop, serving hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks of the tropical variety to fit the theme, nachos, just a random assortment. She ended up ordering a water and some nachos, looking off towards Josh. "Get whatever you want, I did say I'd buy for saving me from drowning." She gave him a wink, looking up as she was given her water. Taking a few sips from it as she went to sit at a table with a umbrella, once Josh had picked what he wanted, they would bring the food out. Adjusting the egg again in her seat, she would look at Josh.

"But yeah, I met them. It was exciting, I'm sad I couldn't understand them. But they were so nice to me, and the new pokemon I got while out with them. I got a Carvanha."

[Dratini egg 8/40]

@Dragon

This post has been edited by Azelia Pie: Jul 13 2018, 05:11 AM

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Jul 13 2018, 06:30 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Arriving at a food stand beside her Josh was immediately allured by the idea of nachos. Some weird tropical fruity liquid was not exactly what he was looking for then, or something that would accompany nachos well, but he remembered their existence for later trips. He ended up ordering the same thing, some water and cheesy goodness, before joining her under the umbrella, sitting down to happily listen to everything she had to say about the legendary duo. His first thought was that they'd be able to speak human somehow, but after all they weren't psychic types, they were pokemon.

He'd set his incubator beside his chair, making sure it touched his leg so he'd quickly notice if it tried getting up and moving anywhere. Bonny moved from his shoulder to down beside the egg, and Foxy went away to her pokeball. The pikachu accompaniment down beside his things was one thing, but with Foxy's size she quickly felt out of place at a table. So, the girl went away. "Nice! Might as well swoop up a carvanha while you're riding around with literal legends." he joked, a little sarcastic but still friendly about the whole thing. In honesty he was jealous, who wouldn't be? But he kicked it aside to be glad for her.

[32/35] Eevee egg posts w/incubator
@Azelia Pie

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Jul 13 2018, 06:31 AM

26 years old