PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO UBERRIME CITY
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Pidove Pichu Elekid Helioptile Pawniard
With cities come pests, and Uberrime has its fair share of annoyingly domesticated Pokémon. Pichu and Elekid form strange social packs, working together to rifle through the bits and pieces left outside of diners and cafes. Helioptile, originally introduced to feed on the massive Pichu infestation, are now just as big of a nuisance, sunning themselves on the stone sidewalks and occasionally snacking on the overweight Pidove that flock to Uberrime. Pawniard trained by the local branch of Rangers work to keep crime - at least, the obvious kind - to a minimum. Uberrime's official bird is Pidove.
The very definition of opulence, Uberrime is packed to the brim with shining metal buildings, bustling shopping centers, and the latest in technology from researchers around the island - and even from other regions. Far and away the most advanced city for miles, Uberrime boasts a multi-story gym, highlighting Steel and Electric-type Pokémon, along with an alternative route through which those less inclined to fight can answer puzzling questions to advance. Those with scientific interests will be right at home, especially researchers, who will no doubt find work in any field they please. Breeders, however, may find themselves up a proverbial stream without a proverbial paddle, as Uberrime's population is inundated with the latest in pure blooded oddities and attractive award-winning Pokémon. Oddly, Uberrime seems to have no discernible culture, nor has it ever...

Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  A Trope in Motion, Interaction- Matilda
This user is currently Offline.
32 years old
I'm a Weapon of Mass Seduction
Open Inventory
LC:
Samuel Pandev can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.9
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.8
11%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Dec 31 2017, 05:42 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
He wasn’t expecting to actually buy anything for anyone. All his gifts would have to be for himself, which wasn’t really all that Holly Jolly Holiday Spirit-y of him, or he’d have to ship it. Or he could buy things for his Pokemon, which he was considering, except they were all firmly on the naughty list and deserved nothing.

But when he saw the cute little Whirlipede ornament hanging in the store all he could think of is Sophie and how much the weirdo would probably love it.

Sam was feeling good too- first paid job had gone through, he had money again. He managed to drink himself into a decent enough stupor that he got a solid six whole hours of sleep. Even managed to wake up early and bright-eyed enough to put on a little makeup and cover those darned bags of his. Stupid things colored up far too dark.

Sure, based on the rest of the stuff in the little glass shop it was probably just this side of ‘too expensive’ of a gift to be getting for a friend, but after wavering by the tree for a few minutes he decided to peak at the price and reached for the paper tag.
@Matilda Bellerose

31 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Matilda Bellerose can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Phlox
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Marigold
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Hyacinth
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Matilda Bellerose posted at Jan 1 2018, 03:26 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Matilda browsed around the little glass shop. It was one of her favorite stores, especially around the holidays--they had so many beautiful things. It really seemed to embody that Christmas sparkle. She reached up to loosen the maroon scarf around her neck; while perfect protection form the cold air outside it was a skosh too warm for indoors.

She supposed she shouldn't dilly dally too much longer. She had a nail appointment in a bit, then dinner and gift exchange with Keandre. She eyed the simple French tip manicure with a jaundiced eye. It still looked immaculate, but she was feeling something a bit more...festive.

She decided to take one more stroll around the big display tree in the center of the store. All manner of ornaments in glittering glass shone in the little lights. It was here she had gotten the ornaments to represent each of her Pokemon. She walked slowly, taking them in. Maybe she should look for a Ditto for Keandre. She'd gotten him a Blitzle when she bought the cats.

Then she saw it, dangling just around the edge of the tree. The little glass Whirlipede was perfect for the mildly bug-phobic breeder--perfect payback for the joke dating business cards he had given her the year before. Matilda took another step around the tree and stretched out her hand to take hold of the bauble, only to have her fingers brush up against someone else's. She looked up, startled, to meet a man's dark eyes. She blushed a little, cheeks going faintly rosy, and was caught just for a moment by those eyes--such a warm brown with lovely golden undertones. They were surprisingly beautiful. After that moment, however, she came back to herself, pulling her hand away abruptly and giving an embarrassed smile. "Sorry," she murmured, catching the inside edge of her lower lip between her teeth in a nervous gesture.

@Samuel Pandev

32 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.9
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.8
11%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Jan 1 2018, 10:48 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
“Don’t apologize for gracing me with your presence.” Like a switch was flipped, his day was suddenly going from good to amazing. Sam’s eyes flicked down to catch that lip bite and his smile was near blinding. He was suddenly glad he had gone out instead of holing up like a hermit.

And he had sort of dressed up. Though in the city it was thankfully more pretty snow against the lights than disgusting slush and harsh winds. He had a long wool coat, blue scarf, and nice thin leather gloves that wouldn’t be suitable to wear on the field in this weather. He still had on a tight tunic style hoodie because none of his shirts could keep up even under the wool.

Yes, most of his bag tended to consist of clothes far nicer than a ranger needed to travel with, so sue him. Spending ridiculous money on clothes pleased him.

“I should apologize, I’m obviously in your way.” Not that he moved anywhere, but he did pluck the ornament from the tree, offering it to her. “You wanted this one, right?” It was hard not to look at the price now that it was in his hand and he managed to keep his face straight. Well, he certainly wasn’t going to buy it now.

@Matilda Bellerose

31 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Phlox
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Marigold
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Hyacinth
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Matilda Bellerose posted at Jan 2 2018, 02:47 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Between the smooth line and the brilliant smile, Matilda felt something inside her melt. It was a delightful feeling--like the molten chocolate center of a lava cake, all rich and warm and luscious. She lost all control of her smile and her blush, the rose color on her cheeks going several shades darker and the smile broadening, flashing perfect white teeth as she simultaneously glanced downward and reached up to tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

Fortunately she did not lose her ability to speak. Her bitter-chocolate eyes made their way back to his, reflecting her smile. "Yes--well, I mean, if you didn't." She refrained from taking the ornament he offered so gallantly, not wanting to steal his purchase from under his nose. "I was going to buy it as a bit of a joke, so if you'd like it, please feel free." She was pleased with how composed she sounded, given that her heartbeat seemed to half drown out the Christmas music playing over the store's speakers--"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Stantler" she thought.

Arceus, he was even well dressed! She found herself grateful she had planned to meet Keandre in the evening. Instead of one of the oversized sweaters she occasionally left the house in, she wore a fitted knit dress in forest green, tall black boots, and black tights for warmth under her black and white houndstooth coat. She could not believe what a fortunate shopping trip this was turning out to be--look for a Christmas present for Keandre, and maybe just find one for herself, instead.

@Samuel Pandev

This post has been edited by Matilda Bellerose: Jan 3 2018, 03:26 AM

32 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.9
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.8
11%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Jan 4 2018, 03:41 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“Don’t worry about it, my friend would murder me if I spent this much on a present.” Sophie would keep it afterwards, but she’d still probably kill him. But if she wasn’t going to buy it either- well, he carefully hung it back on it’s branch surrounded by a glorious amount of other ridiculously expensive bobbles.

He wanted to say something ridiculous, something like the sparkle of the tinsel looked really nice with her eyes. But he was finding the increasingly annoying music to be distracting. He tried to be subtle with checking her out, a quick flick of his eyes up and down.

Damn, he liked that smile too. He needed to keep this going for a little while, he hadn’t had a good flirt since leaving Alola. “And if you’re not opposed, I would like to spend some money on buying you a coffee?” He held out the hand that was previously holding the ornament. “It’s Sam.”

@Matilda Bellerose

31 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Phlox
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Marigold
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Hyacinth
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Matilda Bellerose posted at Jan 4 2018, 01:12 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Til glanced at the ornament and thought of her intention to search the tree for a Ditto. One glance back at Sam's charming grin decided her--she would come back later. "Opposed? I'd be delighted!" She slid her manicured hand into his. "Matilda."

She did not miss his quick, assessing glance, but was pretty confident in her appearance (today, anyway). Since the offer was made afterwards, she assumed he liked what he saw. She certainly did. She was already trying to figure in her head the odds she would miss her evening with Keandre. The nail appointment was out, clearly, but that was just a whim anyway.

She looked suddenly down at her purse, as though her phone had vibrated. "Oh, excuse me! Just one second." She reached in to the black leather bag and pulled out her phone, studying the screen for only a moment before sending two texts in rapid succession, so smoothly one could easily mistake it for one. She tossed the phone back into the bag and smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry. That shouldn't happen again. Shall we go?"

She rested her fingers lightly on Sam's elbow as she headed for the door, buttoning her coat with her other hand against the cold. Jingle bells hanging on the Christmas wreath on the door clattered merrily as they pushed out into the snowy streets.

Making for a coffee shop on the corner, Matilda glanced coyly up at Sam. "So, where are you from? You don't sound like an Uberrime native." Unfortunately, she was a little too busy looking at those gorgeous eyes while waiting for his answer to watch where she was going. The patch of ice was small, but just big enough to catastrophically catch a boot heel. The foot went out from under her and with a startled, "Eeee!" Matilda grabbed Sam's arm to keep from falling.

@Samuel Pandev

32 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.9
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.8
11%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Jan 5 2018, 08:12 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
“Don’t worry, can’t be leaving with strangers without telling someone where you’re going.” At least, that's what he figured she was doing. “And maybe brag a little bit,” he tacked on with a smile. It was a relief to be finally escaping that terrible music. The first time you hear a song for the year, it’s fine. But there were maybe twenty or so different tunes for the season and Uberrime just kept them on repeat.

Sam was going to answer just before she slipped. He managed to plant both feet on the ground as he grabbed around her waist to hold her up and press her to his chest. “You ok? Didn’t twist your ankle?” He was legitimately worried, eyes wide as he scanned the boots. He didn’t want the beginning of his impromptu date to end up in the hospital.

Since she didn’t seem to be holding in a screech of pain, Sam readjusted his grip, helping her get back onto the ground and properly offering his elbow to her. “Much as I want to stare into your eyes, I guess we should be looking a little more at the ground.”

Back on track, foot one after the other and giving the ground a good scan lest he ended up dragging her on top of him. “And, no, I’m not a native. Not of Ho’ohiki. I’m from Alola.”

@Matilda Bellerose

31 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Phlox
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Marigold
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Hyacinth
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Matilda Bellerose posted at Jan 8 2018, 01:44 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Matilda froze, heart pounding, as she stood supported by Sam's arms and pressed to his chest. Well, this is a little faster than you normally move, Tilly! His arm was strong around her waist and her hands looked so delightfully feminine pressed to his broad chest. She could feel the scarlet of a deep blush on her face, hot under the cold wind. "I-I am all right, she stuttered out, her faint French accent coming through in her embarrassment. "My ankle is fine." She looked up into his face, so concerned--how sweet!--and smiled at him. "My hero." She was in no hurry to pull away, letting him make the move, her hands lingering just a little on his chest as she pulled them away to wrap firmly around his arm.

Matilda cleared her throat a little in embarrassment at Sam's suggestion about watching their feet. She couldn't argue, certainly! Still, it did nothing to cool her blush. She watched the toes of her boots as they went along, enjoying how well their paces matched. The blush gradually faded, vanishing entirely as she perked up at Sam's answer. "Alola? How interesting! I've never left Ho'ohiki. Is Alola as beautiful as they say?"

The pair neared the cafe, an exiting couple holding the Christmas-wreath-adorned doors open for them to pass through into the warmth, the smell of coffee almost as warming as the heated air. She barely glanced at the menu, knowing she would order a cappuccino and preferring to look at Sam, now that they were back on safe footing.

@Samuel Pandev

32 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.9
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.8
11%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Jan 10 2018, 11:19 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
“Alola is gorgeous. Palm trees, beaches- there’s plenty of places like what I hear about Stipes, ones that try to keep the technology minimal but it still feels like everything's in harmony.” Yep, that was a lot of nostalgia and wistfulness bleeding through. Sam was still thinking in terms of when he’d go back instead of if. He didn’t know what’d he do if his father decided to take up permanent residence in Alola.

He cleared his throat glancing down at her with a quick smile. “So do you live here in Uberrime or just here for shopping?” At the same time, as they entered and got in line, he debated the merits of caffeine as black as he could get it or something sweeter. He’d prefer the former, but if he ended up getting a kiss out of this like he hoped the bitterness might not be well received. Compromise, double shot mocha. “Can’t say I expected it to be so chilly here, the usual weather reports said it usually was warmer.”

@Matilda Bellerose

31 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Phlox
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Marigold
Domestic
Lv.5
5%
Hyacinth
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Matilda Bellerose posted at Jan 13 2018, 06:27 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Matilda listened with undivided interest to his talk about his home. "That sounds divine! I'd give a lot to stretch out on a beach in a bikini about now. You're not wrong about our weather--it's been a very cold winter so far. They say it's because of the volcano? I guess it threw a lot of ash in the air, and it's changing the weather? I'm afraid I don't know all the details," she trailed off sheepishly, giving a slight shrug that had her scarf brushing her cheek. She pulled the dark knit free from its place around her neck, letting the heated air rush in. "What brought you to Ho'ohiki from paradise?"

At his question about her own origins, she shook her head, while returning his quick smile with one of her own. "Oh, I'm just here trying to finish my Christmas shopping. Somehow I got behind this year--I still have a couple of friends to buy for. I'm from Caecus Town, actually. I own a florist shop there. But I do a lot of events in Uberrime, so I'm in the city often--weddings, conferences, banquets, that sort of thing." She paused as the line shifted before returning her attention to Sam. "What do you do?"

The line shifted again, finally bringing them up to the barista. Til flashed the slightly harried looking girl a bright smile and ordered her cappuccino before looking back at Sam.

@Samuel Pandev

32 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.9
10%
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.8
11%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Jan 15 2018, 01:08 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Sam would give a lot to see this woman in a bikini. “Oh that volcano erupted? That must of been… interesting.” Well now the fact that he had just nonchalantly walked passed it kind of scared him. “Oh, I wanted to hit a few different Regions, pick up some new knowledge and that sort of thing. My job usually sends people out.” He used that line elsewhere and he might as well stick to the same story.

“Florist? Well no wonder you’re so lovely, working with flowers all day.” He shrugged, as if his job was significantly less exciting. “I’m a Ranger. I transfered over here for a bit, though I’m not working with any of the stations.” He ordered his mocha with hers, slipping the bills over the counter, eyeing all the little Vanillite and Cryogonal decorations. “So I’m basically in the city for the same reasons.” Since most of the southern parts of Ho’ohiki were experiencing a different kind of cruddy weather. It was easier just to bite the bullet and get used to the cold. “Well, I’m not planning any weddings.”

@Matilda Bellerose

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay