PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO UBERRIME CITY
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Pidove Pichu Elekid Helioptile Pawniard
With cities come pests, and Uberrime has its fair share of annoyingly domesticated Pokémon. Pichu and Elekid form strange social packs, working together to rifle through the bits and pieces left outside of diners and cafes. Helioptile, originally introduced to feed on the massive Pichu infestation, are now just as big of a nuisance, sunning themselves on the stone sidewalks and occasionally snacking on the overweight Pidove that flock to Uberrime. Pawniard trained by the local branch of Rangers work to keep crime - at least, the obvious kind - to a minimum. Uberrime's official bird is Pidove.
The very definition of opulence, Uberrime is packed to the brim with shining metal buildings, bustling shopping centers, and the latest in technology from researchers around the island - and even from other regions. Far and away the most advanced city for miles, Uberrime boasts a multi-story gym, highlighting Steel and Electric-type Pokémon, along with an alternative route through which those less inclined to fight can answer puzzling questions to advance. Those with scientific interests will be right at home, especially researchers, who will no doubt find work in any field they please. Breeders, however, may find themselves up a proverbial stream without a proverbial paddle, as Uberrime's population is inundated with the latest in pure blooded oddities and attractive award-winning Pokémon. Oddly, Uberrime seems to have no discernible culture, nor has it ever...

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
CLOSED
📄 New Topic

>  These weights are heavy, but so are battles!, Tepigturtwig and rotenda's waterbug batl
This user is currently Offline.
13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tweak can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at Jun 4 2018, 04:55 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Well, odds are it will have the less rare one, though I might breed another to get the rare one later. I suppose a powerful enough attack could rupture the bubble, but the dewpider would most likely just create another one, same as if you get the air knocked out of you. I believe they are capable of both swimming and crawling, like a crab would. They are capable of using several movement based moves as well, such as waterfall and surf, so they can also use those once they are old enough.

As the boy glanced at the still incubating egg, Tweak reflexively pulled the incubator a bit closer to himself. Larvesta was a hard one to get, and he didn't want to get to close to the volcano to go looking for his own. I generally name them based off of comic hero's, unless their personality denotes something different. As for this little guy here, this is a larvesta egg, pretty rare and hard to get. I traded a breeding for it to a ranger I met during the quakes in Uberrime. He was impressed with one of my bug pokemon I had bred and was using to help him.

Larvesta Egg with incubator 30:40

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

This post has been edited by Tweak: Jun 5 2018, 11:35 AM

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Percival Blanc Lefebvre can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at Jun 4 2018, 05:08 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"You were here during the quakes? That's pretty impressive. Good thing nothing bad happened to you." Percival remembered his own experience hearing about the quakes from the safety of Caecus town, and unsure of how far their impact would spread, or if a similar thing would happen in his home town. It must have been quite terrifying. Although, with someone as lacking in emotional display as Tweak, he couldn't be sure.

@Rotenda

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at Jun 4 2018, 05:22 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
I was quite certain I would be fine. I did help the ranger save a bunch of other people though. Using my bug pokemon I was able to locate and extricate some trapped individuals. The joltik that impressed him along with Parker here, created a winch and pulley system with their webbing and some flames from my slugma, to fuse it to gether. My durant, Atom, did a bunch of heavy lifting and rubble clearing, while Sisca used her lithe body for searching and finding people needing help. While they providedd the muscle, I used my kowledge of engineering and probability to ensure the constructions were at maximum safety specs.

Tweak hefted the incubator/egg combo up into his hands now, and stood up again with a small grunt. The small boy seemed to almost struggle with the weight of the incubator. With a look of effort he cast his eyes upon the heracross, who promptly stepped up and reached for the container.

Larvesta egg and incubator 32/40

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

This post has been edited by Tweak: Jun 5 2018, 11:35 AM

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at Jun 4 2018, 08:00 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"I can help you with tha- Never mind. I guess your Heracross has got it. Was he also an egg? And, if so, is he like, more battle ready or something, or just a little bit older? I'm not quite sure how the active trainer lifestyle and hatching mesh, as you can tell. I understand both, but not the two together. It also seems like killer on your back." Percival winced a little watching as Tweak could barely carry the incubator.

"A Larvesta, eh? I know what those guys are like. Weak, but evolve into a really powerful Pokemon. I've seen a Volcarona or two before, but never up close. Maybe later down the line, you may achieve one?" Percival knelt to pat the incubator, to see how cold or warm bugs liked their hatching environment. Obviously, he knew Larvesta's would be warmer than usual, but it was just a nice indicator nonetheless.

@Rotenda

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at Jun 7 2018, 12:25 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Tweak glanced at his watch, "Hercule hatched 73 hours and 12 minutes ago. I have been working on his training since then. I expect him to rise to be one of the teams primary two protector's. In the usual case of multiple incubators, I use my durant Atom, as her weight load is significant. As for the volcarona... I have a thing I am going to try when it hatches. I am afraid I cannot go into details, but if it works... well... a volcarona won't be far behind.

Tweak patted his pockets. The ingredients he had acquired for this poffin had been quite difficult to get and MASSIVELY expensive, but if his research was accurate, it might trigger the evolution of the larvesta, as he hoped. It would never function well in an open market due to the high cost, and he had no intention of giving out his secret, but he HAD to know if it could work.

As they discussed the ovoid in the incubator it suddenly began to move as the incubator chimed. It seemed he was going to be able to put this to the test sooner than anticipated! He hoped that didn't mean his other math was off.

Larvesta Egg in Incubator 40:40

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at Jun 9 2018, 06:03 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"So...a little less than three days ago? At that rate, you must have a truck load of eggs going, unless you've only recently become such a hardcore breeder. Best of luck on your little trick. Rapid evolution and the such are a fascinating occurrence. i wonder if it will ever happen to one of my Pokemon?"

Percival momentarily stopped his monologue with filtered in Tweak-science as the Larvesta egg incubator emitted a sound. "That....chime....does this mean? It does! It's hatching! That's a lot of hatchlings for one day, don't you think!" Percival left Tweak some room to press his own face against the incubator, yet still hovering his head quite close to the glass. Then, he had the thought that the glass might explode or heat up tremendously, and cautiously moved his head back, instead sitting on his haunches a little bit away.

@Rotenda

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at Jun 12 2018, 12:21 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
A piece of the egg had lifted up, before smoke began pouring from the hole. Quickly Tweak grabbed the incubator and opened it, carefully depositing the smoking egg onto the ground. The edges of the now cracked egg began to catch fire and slowly peeled back like a burning piece of paper. As it cleared away a larvesta sat there looking up at Tweak. Tweak's face twisted into his assumption of what a smile was supposed to look like as he greeted the new pokemon.

Hello, little friend. Welcome to our team. You must be hungry, eat this poffin. I made it specifically waiting for you... Tweak reached for the lid of the incubator and popped open the pokeball on top. Inside it he had been storing his 'special' poffin. Putting it in front of the larvesta he watched as it quickly ate the treat.

A few moments passed as it ate the poffin, Tweaks hands grasped for a pen and a notepad. He quickly flipped several pages in to one covered in underlines, hashmarks and highlights. No sooner had the larvesta eaten the poffin, then it began to glow as if evolving. Moments later the larvesta was gone, and instead there sat at Volcarona.

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at Jun 16 2018, 04:15 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Percival had no words, his mouth hanging open in response to the shocking evolution. "What did you....how...what...how....did you...Larvesta....Volcarona?" Percival's mumbled, incoherent jargon of a question, hopefully would convey his surprise. After a moment of blinking, squinting, and adjusting his viewpoint to look at different angles, he did, indeed, confirm this was a Volcarona. "Any other freakish middle fingers to nature you want to give today?"

@Rotenda

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at Jun 17 2018, 10:52 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Tweak ALMOST smiled at the pure confusion on the other trainers face, but the flicker of happiness burned out quickly before he could realize it. As I said, I have spent quite q bit of time studying them, and collecting extremely rare and expensive components to make that poffin for the larvesta. It was a bit of a trial, and I am not certain of any potential lone term effects, but it will be useful for my studies. Would you mind taking down your information for when/if i ever choose to publish my discovery? As for nature, I'm not quite sur ewhat you mean. That poffin WAS all natural...

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at Jun 19 2018, 03:51 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
”A Pokémon should decide when it’s ready to evolve. Not a poffin. I don’t think it’s in humanity’s interest to meddle with forces beyond us, yet that is what you did. Sorry if a come off as pretentious, but I’m worried what you did may not be safe in the long run. Unless, of course, you made sure to double and triple check and are very knowledgeable about Larvesta biology....” Percival glanced slyly at Tweak, before asking, ”Do you have a Pokédex?”

@Rotenda

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at Jun 19 2018, 12:16 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Well, I wouldn't claim to be THE expert, I suppose but... Tweak looked around momentarily, until his eyes fell upon one of his larger notebooks. That one there is filled with notes on larvesta, possible chemical compounds and the like, that I took while researching the breed for several weeks. My PDA has over a terrabyte of information that i read over and noted anything important. As for a pokedex... I think there's one around here somewhere? When it comes to bugs, for me, it's not very helpful. I already memorized everything it knows about them. I always considered them a tool for those who haven't bothered to do their research...

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at Jun 21 2018, 02:11 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
”I was about to say, “They’re so you can remember the really forgetful ones like Mothim and Huntail,’ but I bet you’ve also studied Mothim. Also, why am I the only person who doesn’t carry a hyper-advanced computer with them on their Pokémon journey?” Percival glanced at Splash’s pokeball, and then back to Tweak. ”Are you up for testing that Volcarona? Also, it’s getting quite dark, we may want to part ways soon.”

@Rotenda

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at Jun 21 2018, 02:23 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Mothim: Dual type flying bug pokemon. Evolves from Burmy. They are always male. Typically just under three feet tall, weight around 50 pounds. As for the pokedex, they can be bought at one of the stores I am certain, and I think you can get a ho'oki one from the lighthouse when you start out. That's where I got mine. As for testing the volcarona, having just hatched, I don't think it would be as mucha good test in battling as it would be in abuse. However, if you wish to challenge me, I do accept. As for the darkness, you are welcome to part ways, or if you can keep a secret... I can bring you to my current place. Just don't tell the wardens about it.

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

This post has been edited by Tweak: Jun 21 2018, 02:23 PM

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at Jun 21 2018, 07:05 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Shady places! I'm all in!" Percival knew that Tweak likely wasn't going to kill him without an obvious giveaway, such as a monologue about body parts, and trusted that Tweak was responsible with Pokemon, considering he did not instantly send in Volcarona for a battle. Percival wasn't sure if artificial maturation counted as true maturation, but apparently Tweak did not, and for that, Percival respected him. However, just in case, the trainer gave his Mudkip's pokeball a squeeze for good luck, and was ready to continue going, as he approached Tweak, leaning in and whispering, "I'm all eyes and ears, and no mouth."

@Rotenda

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at Jun 22 2018, 12:54 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
My pokemon and I have been camping out here for quite a long time. I didn't realize at first it was, let's go with, frowned upon, by the ranger's. So once I found out, I had to start moving occasionally, and I only go to very hard to find locations, with the help of my pokemon. I believe hunter's call them tree blinds, or something similar.

As Tweak spoke he rose a hand in the air and circled it twice before pointing towards the east. At his gesture the pokemon sprang into action. The dewpider climbed out of the water even as the dratini streaked past doing the same. The grubbin pushed its charge into a backpack, before climbing in itself.

Once all his pokemon had gathered around, Tweak sent them all back into their pokeballs, except the dratini, grubbin, and larvesta. Tweak motioned for Percival to follow him. Assuming he was followed he would head into the woods, but not far. Less than five minutes in he stopped in front of a large hedgerow of bushes. They had prickers on them and some sort of unformed berries.

Tweak reached down and picked up what looked like a large stick, and as he did so, a section of the bush rose up as well. By placing the stick upright it left a hole just big enough for Tweak to climb under, once he shoved his pack through it first. Inside this small clearing stood two trees, nearly choked by the berry bush. There barely seemed to be enough room for one person to sleep let alone two, unless Percival looked up.

If he did look up, he would see a fairly well crafted, slat based, tree friendly treehouse of sorts. It seemed to be held together by webbing and vines, with no nails or screws to be seen. Not seen however, was a way inside either.

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

This post has been edited by Tweak: Jun 22 2018, 01:04 PM

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at Jun 24 2018, 08:27 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"That was extensive at best and dangerously over-complicated at worst. It's effectively a slightly higher-tech tree house. May I ask why camping out is frowned upon in these parts? I guess it kind of ruins the city image."

Percival continued in, stooping a little and squeezing himself abnormally to fit. He was thin and lithe for his height, and his frail form barely managed to squish in. "This is highly non-conducive to sleeping." Unless I'm supposed to be finding something up."

@Rotenda

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%