PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO UBERRIME CITY
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Pidove Pichu Elekid Helioptile Pawniard
With cities come pests, and Uberrime has its fair share of annoyingly domesticated Pokémon. Pichu and Elekid form strange social packs, working together to rifle through the bits and pieces left outside of diners and cafes. Helioptile, originally introduced to feed on the massive Pichu infestation, are now just as big of a nuisance, sunning themselves on the stone sidewalks and occasionally snacking on the overweight Pidove that flock to Uberrime. Pawniard trained by the local branch of Rangers work to keep crime - at least, the obvious kind - to a minimum. Uberrime's official bird is Pidove.
The very definition of opulence, Uberrime is packed to the brim with shining metal buildings, bustling shopping centers, and the latest in technology from researchers around the island - and even from other regions. Far and away the most advanced city for miles, Uberrime boasts a multi-story gym, highlighting Steel and Electric-type Pokémon, along with an alternative route through which those less inclined to fight can answer puzzling questions to advance. Those with scientific interests will be right at home, especially researchers, who will no doubt find work in any field they please. Breeders, however, may find themselves up a proverbial stream without a proverbial paddle, as Uberrime's population is inundated with the latest in pure blooded oddities and attractive award-winning Pokémon. Oddly, Uberrime seems to have no discernible culture, nor has it ever...

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
CLOSED
📄 New Topic

>  These weights are heavy, but so are battles!, Tepigturtwig and rotenda's waterbug batl
This user is currently Offline.
13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tweak can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at May 7 2018, 09:03 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Larvesta Egg in incubator 14:40
Dewpider egg in incubator 8:15

Tweak left the pokemart, hefting both incubators, arms getting heavy. He usually had Atom to carry them, but he was trying to work on his new baby pokemon, so they were the ones currently readied for use. His other strong pokemon, the heracross was carrying the berry pot with the hondew sapling.

Besides the pot, he had equipped Hercule with some leg and arm weights. He had heard humanoid bugs like it, could gain immense strength by weight training. For a breeder specializing in bugs, he needed to have a powerful bug to rely on. Sisca was useful of course, but not conducive to his goals of a bug breeder. As Tweak exited the shop, ensuring the weights weren't too tight, nor loose for Hercule, he noticed the shrill horn of the ferry.

If that ferry just came from Okeanos... it may have young trainers with starter pokemon looking to battle. What say you Hercule? Should we see if we can get you battle tested?

The bug type, silent since the day it hatched, nodded. Tweak could tell it was eager to flex its muscles. They turned the corner to see several young trainers exit the ferry. Tweak had heard many young trainers would often want to battle anyone to prove themselves, and the easyiest way to gain their attention was to meet their eyes, therefor, he glared at each and everyone as they disembarked waiting for a response.

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

Berry pot with hondew

This post has been edited by Tweak: Jun 10 2018, 07:27 AM

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Percival Blanc Lefebvre can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 21 2018, 05:59 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Percival’s beret almost flew off twice during his trip on the ferry. He had taken this same ferry once before, but today was far rainier. An excellent sign for Splash, the Mudkip, who adored water. Besides, Splash would be much stronger in the water....theoretically. In practice, Splash had no water type moves. It was an unfortunate repercussions of his unfortunate past, and Percival needed to stay strong for Splash. And he saw a perfect opportunity as a trainer locked eyes with him. ”So, uh, should we battle? We locked eyes. Come here, Splash.” The Mudkip attempted to make up for Percival’s simpering response with as intimidating a feeler twitch as it could. A chance to shake off that embarrassing defeat at the hands of a living Washing Machine was exactly what the peppy Mudskipper needed.

@Tweak

This post has been edited by Percival Blanc Lefebvre: May 21 2018, 06:09 AM

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at May 21 2018, 06:18 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Larvesta Egg in incubator 16:40
Dewpider egg in inciubator 10:15
Tweak smiled at the boy and nearly ordered Hercule to step up, when something about the mudskipper drew his attention. He analyzed its body posture for a moment, and referenced a small notepad covered in scribbles, before frowning a bit. This was not his intention, but this pokemon was much older than a starter, and seemed to be a bit stronger. Hercule would be no match. Leaving the heracross to lifting its weights, Tweak carefully lowered the pair of incubators he was carrying, and withdrew a pokeball.

It appears your friend there is not a starter as I expected, but I shall still deign to battle you. You shall face Roxie, in battle. The boys monotone voice might have been disconcerting with its lack of emotion, but more importantly was the pokemon that suddenly appeared on the ground in front of the boy.

The small white and orange bug sat there and looked at its soon to be opponents. Due to our type advantage we shall graciously give you the opening move. Also, I shall warn you, Roxie is no normal grubbin. She has the unique ability to create a bonemerang. You may begin when you wish.

Level 17 Female Grubbin named Roxie, Swarm Ability; Spark, bonemerang, bite and Bug bite link @6%
HP@100%

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

This post has been edited by Tweak: Jun 5 2018, 11:38 AM

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 21 2018, 08:06 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Percival appreciated Tweak’s formal language, but his monotone way of speaking bugged Percival. Especially if Tweak could stay that way through the entire battle.”A Grubbin, huh? Well, I think we have a way of countering that. Splash, start with a Mud-Slap!” The Mudkip quickly shoveled its paws in the mud, flicking dirt in the direction of its opponent. While Percival wasn’t opposed to the super effective damage, he knew mud-slap was guaranteed to interfere with the accuracy of the Grubbij’s moves, which would be necessary to avoid being defeated.

```
user posted image
Mudkip LEVEL 15
ABILITY: Torrent
MOVESET: Tackle, Mud-Slap, ???, ???
```

Hit by: Nothing
Used: Mud-Slap on Grubbin
Dice Roll: 1d100 (100% accuracy): 14 = 14
@Tweak

OOC: the other moves are Growl and Foresight.

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at May 27 2018, 04:30 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Running the numbers even as the command was issued, Tweak estimated the chance of dodging at 50%, but since the attack did so little damage the only need would be to avoid the accuracy loss, but even then, the loss of an offensive strike was a bad option, and thus they should counter with their strongest movement, before lack of accuracy could overcome their power. Roxie had loved to fight form the moment he found her, and he was going to ensure they won their first bout together.

[color] Roxie, use your special attack, bonemerang.[/color] The statement seemed like it should have had some sort of emphasis, but the same monotone voice gave it. The boy void of any obvious emotion. This did not seem to sway the grubbin in the least however, as it suddenly seemed to dig into the ground quickly for a moment, as a bone popped out. It grabbed the bone with a tiny leg, and hurled it forward. It seemed so...abnormal, that it was almost comical. Yet the force of throw was not something to be laughed at, and it was obvious, if it hit its target it was going to hurt.

Level 17 Female Grubbin named Roxie, Swarm Ability; Spark, bonemerang, bite and Bug bite link @6%
Hit by resistant Mud-Slap
HP@96%
Accuracy reduced by 1!
Attacks with Bonemerang
Attacks 2x!
Dice Roll: 1d100: 52 = 52 80% accuracy
Dice Roll: 1d100: 93 = 93 80% accuracy

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 27 2018, 03:55 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Percival immediately knew he was fighting a losing battle. Even with an attack that wasn't super-effective, this Grubbin as besting him. But he could show no signs of fear, lest he discourage Splash."I thought Grubbin was part electric-type. No matter. We'll take you down either way. Splash, second verse, same as the first!"

Splash was a tad worried, but he knew Percival had a plan. He dug into the same mud the Grubbin just used to fling up a bone, and chucked it at the Grubbin, hoping to disorient it even more.

HIt By: Bonemerang (1 Time)
Used: Mud-Slap on Grubbin
Roll: Dice Roll: 1d100 (100% Accuracy):: 93 = 93

This post has been edited by Percival Blanc Lefebvre: May 27 2018, 03:57 PM

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at May 28 2018, 03:39 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Predictable. Chance of victory climbs slightly be reduction in accuracy skills, yet minimalized by quantity and power of attack from Roxie.deadpanned Tweak. This kid thought they were going to take down Roxie? Surely their logic center was malfunctioning. It didn't matter. Tweak was 92.5% certain they had this fight in the bag, logic dictated by this stage it was certain.

Roxie was one of his tertiary breeders, so its strength wasn't as important as say, Parker's, but any bug that Tweak could show was powerful would send the imagine of hi breedings as being exceptional. That being the goal, meant not to pull punches, until victory was 100%. With a cursory glance to the incubators by his feet, ensuring their safety, his order rang out again. Grab that bone, and throw it again Roxie.

The grubbin scrabbled to the fallen bone, lifted it up, and hurled it again towards her opponent. Some of the mud from the previous hits dribbled over her eyes and feet making the bone a bit slick, and her foe a bit blurry, but she was certain enough in her aim, she thought it would hit.

Hit by resistant Mud-Slap
HP@91%
Accuracy reduced by 2!
Attacks with Bonemerang
Attacks 2x!
Dice Roll: 1d100: 14 = 14 70% accuracy
Dice Roll: 1d100: 11 = 1170% accuracy

Larvesta Egg 18:40
Dewpider egg 12:15

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

This post has been edited by Takarra: May 28 2018, 03:48 AM

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 28 2018, 06:54 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Ideally, Splash could have set up a few more Mud-Slaps. But like gases, real was such a pain in the butt compared to ideal. Well, he just hoped his slim chance of winning would widen soon. He just needed fortune on his side, so he could solidify his win condition. And right now, she wasn’t. ”Splash, try dodging those bonemerangs. We need to have some luck on our side.” Splash attempted to bounce off the nearby lamp post, hoping to perhaps snag the bonemerang on something before it could strike him.

Dodge Roll: Dice Roll: 1d100 (50%): : 77 = 77
Dodge Roll 2: Dice Roll: 1d100 (50%): : 1 = 1

@Rotenda

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at May 28 2018, 07:08 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Tweak listened to his opponent as their order was issued. As the small pokemon did its best to dodge the bonemerang, Tweak watched the first pass slam off the post, but as it wrapped back around, its path had not changed enough and landed a hit. Tweak nodded as if that outcome was exactly what he had expected.

I do not fault your choice to dodge, however, requiring luck to achieve victory, is a bad strategy. The deifnition of luck is as follows. 'success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions'. This means, it is unreliable, though, I suppose it does give something to blame should one fail. I prfer to follow the math. Math never lies, and offers no excuse. Give that leg a rest Roxie, use bite instead.

The boy had spoken more than the sum of everything else he had said to that point, but there was no taunting or derision in his voice. It followed the same deadpanned monotone structure a before. No sooner had the order been given, then the grubbin exploded into action, an energy covering its mandibles as it leaped to sink them into the flesh of Splash.

As that happened, Tweak's watch went off, sending a small chirping alert. He shut it off, pulled out a notepad and made a few lines of notation, occassionally glancing at the incubators. If only he had a better idea of what was in the one he had found by the water. He was certain it should have hatched by now, since the options in Stipes were pretty limited. The larvesta on the other hand would be approaching roughly halfway however...

Hit by Nothing
HP@91%
Accuracy reduced by 2!
Attacks with Bite
Dice Roll: 1d100: 27 = 2780% accuracy, 30% chance to flinch!

Larvesta Egg 20:40
Dewpider egg 14:15

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 28 2018, 07:19 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Up until now, Percival was completely fine with what Tweak displayed of himself. But this was crossing the line.”I guess luck wasn’t the right term; rather, I’m influencing probability. And it seems to be working, to some degree. Besides, who are you to talk. You’re basically just flinging random moves at me!” Splash, although one of the bonemerangs had struck him, had gracefully dancing past the second, practically performing quadruped ballet in his superb evasive technique. Percival needed that again. His goal had changed, at this point; he was no longer playing to win the battle, but to catch Tweak in a hypocrisy. And for that, he needed to frustrate Tweak.

HP: 50%
Dodge Roll: Dice Roll: 1d100 (50% Accuracy): : 59 = 59

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at May 28 2018, 07:30 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Random? No, not in the least. I don't do anything randomly. We used bonemerang as the strongest but least accurate attack, as you attempted to reduce our aiming accuracy. Now in order to rest my pokemon, and deal with this minor setback, we have changed to incapacitating moves, with much higher chances to hit. Truthfully, I could have ended this much more quickly, but I heard it is best to give people a chance at victory so they do not become discouraged. Am I doing this wrong?

The boys tone still didn't change, in fact, the question at the end was hard to detect, as there was no inflection. Though the question seemed to be rooted in concern his face remained as impassive as before, even as his order came. Now, rest those muscles, use bug bite while they are incapacitated.

As Roxie launched her new attack, mandibles clacking, more notes went on the pad as the boy watched. He was learning a lot about Roxie's strength in battle here, and making formulae and notes in regards to each move. As he was finishing one such line, one of the incubators began to chime, and a puff of air came out of the top, signaling the change in air temperature as the device noted the egg within was ready to hatch.

Hit by Nothing
HP@91%
Accuracy reduced by 2!
Attacks with Bug Bite
Dice Roll: 1d100: 68 = 6880% accuracy, berry will be eaten if opponent is holding one.

Larvesta Egg 22:40
Dewpider egg 15:15

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 28 2018, 03:37 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"That's what I mean! Hit me with everything you've got! It's only more insulting if you don't hit me with those instant-finishers. I want my plan to work because I set up the conditions, not because you went easy on me. Maybe other trainers beg to differ, but I want to win this of my own volition. You've had this battle in your hands since the first turn. Stop holding back! Mudkip, dodge this bug bite, we're not making this easy on him!" Splash felt a tremble of fear as Percival glared at his opponent, forgetting even his own Pokemon's nickname. Splash, hastily leaped away from the Grubbin's pincers, hoping to avoid them.

HP: 22%
Dodge Roll: Dice Roll: 1d100 (50%): : 8 = 8

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at May 28 2018, 06:43 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
For the first time this interaction, Tweaks passive face changed. It sluggishly moved to a look of confusion, as even his voice cracked when he spoke. I don't understand. Research showed that...I mean you are supposed to... The boy almost seemed ready to cry as he shook his head with uncertainty.

He was certain you were supposed to give your opponent a chance. You were SUPPOSED to! They had told him that. People had always disliked him for knowing everything, and winning constantly at any trivia or skill based game. This was different? How? Why? Why did the other boy seem ...upset? The word was upset right?

As the interior thoughts swirled rampant in Tweak's head no command came forth, as the boy slumped to the ground like he had been punched. Hercule felt the confusion coming through their link, it seems to boy had never been told he was wrong, or at least never believed it. He could sense the desire to make the other trainer happy, despite the confusion on how to do so, so Hercule decided it was time to step in!

He could feel the swirl of confusion, of doubt, but he could still think, even though it was hard. The other trainer wanted them to go hard, they'd go hard! The heracross shook its head trying to remember what it knew of its teammate.

"Her, heracross cross, hera! Heracross!"

Roxie was a bit confused as well, by the lack of order, but when the heracross told her what to do, well, she had been thinking about just that herself. She charged the electrcity within herself and sent the burst of it toward her foe. Lets see them dodge THIS! she thought.

Hit by Nothing
HP@91%
Accuracy reduced by 2!
Attacks with Spark
Dice Roll: 1d100: 29 = 2980% accuracy, 30% chance to paralyze.

[s]Larvesta Egg 22:40[s] (purposely ignored this post)

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 29 2018, 05:07 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Splash collapsed to the ground, immediately knocked out with the single blow. "That's what I was expecting. Good battle. You're Grubbin is great!" Percival politely extended his hand. He lost in a true fight; he tried his best, but there wasn't much he could do. Percival withdrew Splash, whispering a complement to the pokeball. He turned his attention back to Tweak. "I don't think we ever traded names. I'm Percival. And you are?"

13 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sisca
Shed Skin
Lv.25
27%
Atom
Hustle
Lv.22
14%
Hercule
Guts
Lv.8
57%
Firebug
Flame Body
Lv.1
N/A
Roxie
Swarm
Lv.22
10%
Natasha
Water bubble
Lv.1
6%

Tweak posted at May 30 2018, 01:27 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The boy looked up, as if coming out of a daze, as his eyes flicked across the scene analyzing what he must have missed during his internal turmoil. He straightened up, and looked at the offered hand before reaching out to grasp it with an odd mechanical detachment and shook it stiffly. Yes. Roxie is quite gifted. As for myself, people call me Tweak.

Any potential awkward pause that would have followed was suddenly interrupted by a popping sound, as water seemed to spew out of a sudden crack in the egg that the incubator had signaled was ready to hatch. A thin blue leg suddenly poked through, creating a small rivulet to trickle towards the trainers.

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

----------

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.22
13%
Lazarus
Shell Armor
Lv.16
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 30 2018, 02:58 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Interesting name, Tweak. Where did you get it? You probably have been through some interesting scenarios with your Pokemon, to have them be so strong." Percival was interrupted by the popping egg, watching legs fall out. "What Pokemon is that? It looks like some sort of water type to me. Is that a Surskit?"

13 years old
AWARDS: