PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO CAECUS TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Starly Flabébé Mime Jr. Snubble Cleffa
With flower boxes lining every street, polished white stone buildings towering in the air and dozens of Flabébé floating gently through the breeze, Caecus is a fairy-type lover's paradise, filled with Pokémon who have grown extremely used to human contact. Feral Snubbull are often simply adopted from off the streets, while Mime Jr.s and Cleffas collect the scraps fallen from the opulent outdoor dining tables of overpriced cafes. Caecus' official bird is Starly.
Both larger and more heavily populated than its sister-town of Campana, Caecus is just on the verge of being deemed a true city, complete with the corruption and greed to go with the title. Researchers will feel right at home with the local focus on TMs, performance-enhancing drugs, and less than legal training techniques, while trainers themselves may be interested in the recently installed Fairy-type gym, which boasts both its challenge and high fashion. Driving their prosperity through transport, clothing manufacturing, and a black market linked directly to Piscari, Caecus is a home-away-from-home for those less than inclined to follow the word of the law. Its original population is largely light-skinned, with a mix of French and British dialects.

Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Have You Ever Seen the Rain?, Interaction w/Niall
This user is currently Offline.
20 years old
...What'chu lookin' at?
Open Inventory
LC:
Haunani Māhoe can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Tremble
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Haunani Māhoe posted at Mar 7 2018, 05:32 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Nani's first experience with a latte had been... underwhelming, especially considering the egregious price. The first few sips had been disgustingly sweet -- enough to make her pucker her lips and wish she had asked for a spoon, or something to mix the concoction with. A few more brave gulps took her to the middle of the beverage which she found to be much more enjoyable, albeit fleeting and unfulfilling. The bitterness of whatever else they had put it mixed nicely with that unbearable sweetness and she--

The deep set scowl that accompanied her brooding shifted into something a bit more kin to shock or amusement when her eyes flicked to the other side of the small, circular table she was at. Sitting on the seat, smiling eerily at her was a rather large Mime Jr. The cutsy Pokemon opened it's mouth to make an odd noise when she noticed it, and then it put its hands on the table.

"What are you... Go back to your trainer," Nani dismissed the cute gesture with a wave of her hand, setting down her drink in the process.

The sound of a chair crashing to the ground and a blur of pink and blue stirred sparked the attention of those around the two. With a surprising amount of speed, the baby Pokemon had dashed across the table, snatched the latte, and then bounced right past the researcher.

Stunned hands fumbled to grab at any sort of appendage of the Pokemon as it danced around her. A small tussle occurred in which the Mime Jr. hopped between her shoulders, onto her lap, and then to the ground, slightly tanned hands following close behind as the person squirmed in her chair.

Passerbys scoffed and even laughed from a distance as they watched Nani fumble out of her chair and scramble after the Mime Jr., ultimately tripping over something on the ground (or maybe nothing at all) and landing on her hands and knees.

The last she saw of the devious scoundrel was it slipping under the fence that separated the cafe from the sidewalk.

Dazed, confused, and more than a little irritated, Nani pulled herself to her feet and grunted a few choice words under her breath.

43 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Niall Breen can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Cumulonimbus
unnerve
Lv.14
10%
Cyclone
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Niall Breen posted at Mar 7 2018, 06:38 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Coffee.

That was the Irishmen's main focus right now. He needed that liquid energy to send him thriving
again. The trip to Caecus had been last minute for him. Why did he want to be here again? Oh yeah he was going to check out how the weather going down near the Milla. Having woken up too early for his own taste to get down here. Of course since he was going by foot, it was just going to take even longer. Luckily he was able to hitch some rides along the way. Taking a pit stop in Caecus to grab some food and coffee- Oh yeah.

Coffee.

Steely blue eyes looked exhausted, walking to the dinky little coffee shop. Though the commotion of people laughing and the more than disgruntled words of a lady? Brow arched as he came onto the scene at the last minute. Seeing the pokemon escape with the girls coffee, and she look quite... pissed. Running a hand through his hair, he sighed heavily. That was one way to stat someones morning. Knowing how bad one shit morning can make someone, the researcher stepped forward.

Leaning over her, he offered her a hand so she could pull herself. 'Mornin' dere lass. Pakhman's can be quite annoyin', eh? Lemme help ye up. O'm Niall." Accent was thick, and he smiled at her with that wide signature goofy smile of his.

@Haunani Māhoe

20 years old
...What'chu lookin' at?
Open Inventory
LC:
Tremble
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Haunani Māhoe posted at Mar 7 2018, 10:07 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Truth be told, she didn't mind losing the latte -- hell, she didn't even mind everyone laughing at her -- it was the principal of the matter at this point. Where did that runt of a Pokemon get off just up and stealing her drink? It hadn't even waited for her to turn away, or get distracted! Just right in front of her nose.

She pushed up with her hands to sit on her knees for a moment and let out a defeated sigh. Her eyes fell shut for a moment and only when the voice of a man called out to her did she seem to react. Eyes flicked up to meet his tired ones, down to his hand, back up to the smile, and then she took the gesture.

Small, lithe fingers wrapped around his more burlier palm and with a bit of a pull, she was back on her feet. She took a moment to dust her knees and put her hair back together -- pink behind the shoulder, brown over it. Her head naturally tilted just enough to the left that most of her bangs shielded the odd, pink hue of the eye the covered, leaving the more natural looking, brown one to, typically, be the focus of her face.

"You're tellin' me," she said with a bit of a scoff.

Like him, she had a bit of an accent, though hers far more subtle. The Hawaiian -- 'scuse me, Alolan -- accent colored a few words here and there, hinting at her homeland, but only to those who had met someone from that region, or were particularly versed in dialects. So, to the commoner, it was more of an obscure lift to her otherwise droll tone, breathing in some life into her.

"Thanks, though, I s'pose," she said with a sort of I'm only saying this to be polite sort of tone. "Glad to see at least some people have a spark of decency in this place."

Her tone shifted and she offered a smile for seemingly no reason.

"Name's Haunani, but call me Nani," she continued. "I'm a researcher from Alola, studying abnormal Pokemon traits. Say, do you have any with you? Weird Pokemon?"

@Niall Breen

43 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Cumulonimbus
unnerve
Lv.14
10%
Cyclone
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Niall Breen posted at Mar 8 2018, 04:52 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Tugging her up, he had top stop himself from pulling her directly into his chest. Letting go of her hand, he almost snorted at her tone. Rubbing the back of his neck, he ducked his head low towards her. Offering a goofy smile towards the younger female. Hearing the accent, and her name, then her questions about pokemon and this girl was a researcher? Well hot damn did Niall hit the jack pot?

Stiffling himself from laughing at her. "Lass, ye gon' be in for a real big surprise." Out of the sleeve of his shirt crawled a joltik. It's colorization was different than normal ones, the little critter chattered towards Nani. Niall's face twisted into a form of discomfort, but he allowed the little spider to do her dance. Once she finished, she went and crawled up Niall's arm too his head.

He looked ready to scream, but he held it back. "O'm a researcher as well. Ah study de weather." Well that was impressive.

@Haunani Māhoe

20 years old
...What'chu lookin' at?
Open Inventory
LC:
Tremble
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Haunani Māhoe posted at Mar 10 2018, 03:57 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Nani couldn't help but clasp her hands together when the tiny spider popped out from his sleeve. The insect gazed at her with equally excited eyes as it bounced back and forth, flashing it's rump at her to showcase the odd, blue markings that lined its back. It went without saying that Nani watched in awe and enjoyment -- so much so that she even gave a tiny clap for the little bug.

"That's a... ah... Jol-bug? Joltik?" She stumbled over the foreign Pokemon's name. "Sorry, I don' know much about exotic Pokemon." A sheepish smile stuck to her face when she lowered her eyes to meet Niall's.

Poor guy looked like he was two seconds from having a panic attack. Color drained from his otherwise nice features and it was pretty clear he was biting back a yelp of discomfort.

"Not a fan, huh?" She said and then pointed her finger at the Pokemon that snuggled into his hair. "I can take it off your hands if you don' wan' it..." Her voice faded in such a way that she was probably joking.

Probably.

"But, erm, yeah!" She shook her head to get back on topic. "I actually came from an Alolan Weather Institute. My professor and mentor studied how climate changes affect Pokemon and how migratin' patterns have shifted over the past few decades."

She seemed pretty happy to boast about herself, a smile spreading into a soft grin as her attention flicked between Niall and his bug.

"I'd reckon I still have a bit of interest in that. I like seein' how Pokemon change to adapt to their surroundin's -- like I bet your Joltik came from a much more tropical place than most, if I dared a guess."

43 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Cumulonimbus
unnerve
Lv.14
10%
Cyclone
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Niall Breen posted at Mar 10 2018, 07:14 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
He could not stifle the snort as she called it a joltbug. As much as this bug... bugged him, he could never give her up. How he met this poor little bug was a story within it self. Taking a deep breath, he looked up at the spider. "Girl, ye know Ah don't like ye up dere.." The spider chittered, shaking her little legs at him, before flinging herself off his head and onto his shoulder. Looking towards Nani with those huge blue eyes, doing a little dance for her again.

Then she mentioned she used to work for a weather lab. Steel eyes were lit up bright, and he was suddenly all eyes on her. "Ye worked dere? Oh! please tell me lass, Ah'd love ta know about dey work dere. Ah study da same thing! Currently de where here is out of whack- so pakhmans are changin' left and right. Tis quite de thrill for me." He was babbling, but she managed to get the older male excited. She seemed smart to him, and Niall liked smart people.

"Ah've always wanted ta visit dey islands, but O'm not de biggest fans of boats." Which was ironic when you live on an island. "Wot brings ye here, lass?"

@Haunani Māhoe

20 years old
...What'chu lookin' at?
Open Inventory
LC:
Tremble
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Haunani Māhoe posted at Mar 13 2018, 02:28 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
When the bug scampered down to Niall's shoulder, Nani took a moment to fumble around in her bag. Clutter could be heard pushing around, metal clings and clanks banging against each other for a moment. Eventually she pulled out a bulky, red device. It was a firm rectangle with softened corners, but otherwise unimpressive. The decently sized screen hummed to life when she pressed a button the side.

She glanced over to the bug as it shuddered and hopped about in anticipation. Doing her best to suppress a grin, she held up the device towards the bug and then gave a thumbs up. Seemingly understanding the gesture, the Joltik shuffled around with her dance, putting on a nice show for the camera.

When it was all said and done, Nani relaxed her shoulders and tapped a few keys on the virtual keyboard. Naturally, she glanced to Niall a few times as he talked. Her grin proved she shared his enthusiasm, even if she was slightly more interested in taking notes on his partner.

"Oh, yeah, I worked there for a few years, actually," she said as if it was no big deal. She waggled the red device in her hand towards him and grinned a bit more. "This is one of the 'dexs they had. I's still a prototype, but it has all the records we were keeping."

She pressed a few buttons to return the pokedex to the main hub and then held it out to him. "I reckon you can take a peek if you'd like. It's not every day I meet someone in my field."

The hub smiled warmly at him, a rather accurate depiction of the current weather beamed in the background. Various folders and files cluttered the homepage, each labelled in strange shorthand. "SmrCliChng", "MigHNTR/Ula", and "RTTA/VLPX/SNDSRW" were a few choice examples. Across the very top of the screen was a smiling display of a Rotom, eletric-styled letters announcing that the button would take the user to the main pokedex.

"I got an invitation from a researching facility to come study down here," she answered his question vaguely -- after all, the details weren't for her to share. So, she shrugged as if it was no big deal and then grinned. "I've also been waiting for an excuse to see foreign lands. Truth be told, I've always wanted to visit Hoenn -- their climates are absolutely crazy, but I guess Ho'ohiki is pretty interesting given all the changes."

She rolled back on her heels, realizing she, too, had been rambling and then gave a cute smile, head tilted to the side ever so slightly.

"Hey, about I grab us some drinks and we get cozy at one of the tables," she said, reminding them both that they had just been standing in the middle of the patio awkwardly.

@Niall Breen

43 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Cumulonimbus
unnerve
Lv.14
10%
Cyclone
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Niall Breen posted at Mar 13 2018, 06:41 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The smile on his face only grew as the girl went on in a ramble. Niall loved to see people passionate about their work. Just letting her ramble and go on, then handed him the device. It was certainly a... weird pokedex. He had something kinda like it, but not. It was more of a crude knock off to give him the stats of pokemon. Lifting it up, he turned it over and looked it over. He wanted to take it apart and look at it to figure out how it worked, but this was not his device.

"Wot kinda dex be dis? Tis really interestin'." he told her, but then smiled at her question about coffee. "Ye! Coffee fuels me soul. Let's get soemthin.' Ah'll pay since ye last one was stolen." /he would head inside of the little shop. Heading towards the counter, he quickly ordered for him, letting her come up and order what she wanted. After she did,h e'd flash that big ol' smile, going to sit at a table with her.

"Honnen has been a point of interest fer me. But O'm in love wit' me island. Wit' dey volcano expldiin' all over dey place, it messed da weather up somethin' hell. O'm too excited about it but ah don't care."

@Haunani Māhoe

20 years old
...What'chu lookin' at?
Open Inventory
LC:
Tremble
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Haunani Māhoe posted at Mar 15 2018, 02:15 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"The head researcher at my lab made it," she said as she took the pokedex back. "It's inspired by her favorite Pokemon: Rotom. Right now, it functions like most other 'dexes, I assume. I've filled the pages with pretty much all the Poke's native to Alolan, but I could manually add more pages if I wan'ed to. It's also got basic scannin' functions, so I can gather basic data on new Poke's while I'm here in foreign lands."

She gave a nonchalant shrug, as if it hadn't been a huge under taking to create and fill a page for every species on the rather diverse islands she came from -- especially for someone as young as her.

As they chatted about the dex and the conversation started to slide back towards odd climate patterns, they meandered to a back-of-the-room booth that was snuggled into a corner. For probably obvious reasons, Nani wasn't super interested in sitting outside again.

"Oh, yeah, volcanoes are pretty nasty in Alola," she said with a big smile. She held her plain, black coffee protectively with both hands. "The Wela Volcano has been all sorts of crazy lately. We're pretty sure it's not goin' to erupt, but it's been spittin' out soot and hot steam for months now. It made all of the local Poke's pretty happy, though!" She laughed at the absurd comment -- so few Pokemon would actually enjoy their homeland being covered it molten soot and ash.

"We've been talkin' a lot about me, though," she said despite her fun boasting. "Where you from and how'd you get into this field? Not a lot of people wake up one day and decide to study clouds and wind patterns."

@Niall Breen

43 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Cumulonimbus
unnerve
Lv.14
10%
Cyclone
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Niall Breen posted at Mar 15 2018, 05:27 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Male hung off the young woman's words, drinking it in like it was some fine coffee- like the coffee in his hands. Steel eyes watched her as he sipped the liquid, hearing her go on about another volcano. The talk of Honnen just kept making his urge to leave more thrilling. Though in the back of his mind, traveling to other regions was also not something he wanted. What if he ran into her? That caused his lip to twitch. Slamming down some of the coffee, letting the hot beverage burn his throat and back into the conversation.

"Me?"

Well that threw him off. Niall was never much one to talk about himself. If she wanted too, he guessed he could try. Looking up in thought he tapped a finger against his cheek as he tried to place himself. How did he ever want to start doing this. Oh yeah...

"Well ye see, when ah was a young lad, ah saw some pakhmancausin' dey weather." The pokemon in question was just a sunflora using sunny day. "After dat, ah started ta wonder how it worked, ye know? How weather and dey pokemon reacted. So ah went into lookin' how it worked. Since ah study how dey weather changes dem or their lifestyles." He motioned towards his sleeve where the spider had been.

"Me partner is dey fruit of me studyin'. Found 'er out, as ye said, a tropical kinda place. Down by dey beach."

@Haunani Māhoe

20 years old
...What'chu lookin' at?
Open Inventory
LC:
Tremble
Snow Cloak
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Haunani Māhoe posted at Mar 19 2018, 03:11 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Nani nodded along, smile unwavering despite his lackluster response. Truth be told, she had expected something a bit more from someone as passionate as him. But, then again, her story wasn't breathtaking either.

"There's a simplistic charm to that," she responded with a decisive nod. "I think we have enough people with tragic backstories in this world. Meetin' someone... Well... normal is a welcomed treat."

Speaking of treat... Nani tapped her fingers against the coffee she had and then took a couple sips from it. Still too hot to really take full drinks, she opted not to scorch her mouth and throat. Briefly, she wondered how Niall had managed to gulp his down so eagerly. In a sense, she was almost in awe of his grit and daring nature.

"While I do still have a likin' to studyin' the weather, I've shifted my focus as of comin' here,"[b/] she said, changing the subject back to herself. [b]"I'd like to learn much more about how Pokemon develop those special traits they sometimes get. Like your brightly colored bug, or why my Vulpix's tail shimmers. I'd like to see if there's any practical use for these traits as well."

Her voice faded and for a moment she got quiet. Eyes drifted away thoughtfully and she even made a soft humming noise as she brought her coffee up to her lips. She took a long, quiet sip before she blinked and focused back on the conversation. With a sheepish smile, she put her drink down and then cleared her throat.

"There's a lot of interestin' questions to ask about it. Back in Alola it was pretty simple: Pokemon that were introduced to the region via trainers and tourist adapted to survive in harsher climates. But here that line seems to be a bit more blurred." Her expression softened into something more neutral. "Sometimes it's the result of breeders biting off more than they can chew, other times you're lucky and find these strange Pokemon in the wild."

@Niall Breen

43 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Cumulonimbus
unnerve
Lv.14
10%
Cyclone
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Niall Breen posted at Mar 20 2018, 02:39 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Sorreh me story isn't as thrillin' as it could be."

With a laugh, he stared off a bit. Thinking back, Niall was kinda boring if he was honest with himself. Though she went on talking about herself again now. His attention went all back to her, watching her with interest. So she, like others, were talking about studying the special traits of the pokemon here. It was always nice to see this though.

"Ye, Ah've met lots with those kinda mons ye speak of. Ah like dem, but Ah think ah won't be studyin' in dat field much. Ah love dey weather far too much."

@Haunani Māhoe

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay