PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO OKEANOS TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Wingull Clamperl Buizel Slowpoke Marill
Okeanos' residential Pokémon are generally very domesticated and comfortable around humans, as all aggressive Pokémon have been driven out of town by the tourism boards. Clamperl, rarely seen in the wild, are harvested here, collected in large man-made basins and kept for their useful pearl-creating abilities. Okeanos' official bird is Wingull.
A vibrant port town, earning capital from large transport ships which service the rest of the island, Okeanos draws in gym leaders, breeders, ranchers, and researchers alike with its variety of shopping options and official -type gym. As a relatively new settlement, many inhabitants of Okeanos are foreigners from other regions, and cultural tension is often high between these newcomers and those who were originally natives of Piscari. Recently settled tourists range all the way from French immigrants to Indonesian newcomers, creating a vibrant and diverse culture that can sometimes boil over with the many cultural differences between new and old residents.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  So please don't take my sunshine away - - -, Adoption/Egg Interaction Solo~
This user is currently Offline.
21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Elise Chiang can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 2 2018, 05:43 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
She stands there for a moment, referring back to the ink soaked pages of the journal gripped in her right hand, her left hand absentmindedly stroking the eggs nestled safely inside her makeshift jacket sling. She stares at the words scrawled across the yellowing pages, her left hand moving to trace a curling y, delicately pressing her fingertips across the indents that filled every inch of paper. What her Grandmother lacked vocally in her day to day life she made up for with her writings, vividly describing scenes set in towns and routes, going so far as to write about the scent and temperatures of the day. In the days since her arrival in Ho'ohiki Elise had kept herself preoccupied with Alba's company and roaming the streets of Okeanos, trying to find the locations or of places similar enough to the places held within the pages of her late Grandmother's travel log. In the decades since her Grandmother's journey across Ho'ohiki the landscape seemed to have changed drastically, towns more sprawled, ports busier, markets more cramped, the stores that her Grandmother had wrote about in depth had either moved locations or gone completely. But she had managed to find close approximations to the places her Grandmother had spent page after page writing about. A quiet cafe on the corner that served a delicious and delicate tiramisu, a bookstore with a whole section of literature devoted to ghost type pokemon, the same park that her Grandmother used to sit in to do her many writings.

She had touched upon these places at length, looking to find some part of her Grandmother in the experiences, to feel just a glimpse of the magic that she wrote about, the hopeful eagerness before she had left Okeanos and traveled further inland. Yet it had all felt somehow lacking, in her attempts to analyze and compare her experiences they had felt...hollow. It had left her frustrated, chasing this glimmer of ecstasy that felt just beyond her grasp. So now she had decided to do something that her Grandmother hadn't done in her journeys, remembering her delight at encountering Alba on her first day on the docks, of conversing with Lily at the beach, she tries to calm the nerves that twist her stomach into knots. Her throat thick, she looks across the street, brown eyes settling on the painted storefront, the glass panes of the front of the store emblazoned with "Best Friends Pokemon Shelter" in bubbly white letters. In her stalkings up and down Okeanos Elise had passed by this shelter at least a dozen times, each time her eyes caught by the rows of kennels lined neatly against one wall, a small yellow sign in the middle of the glass door reading simply "Volunteers welcome!". More than once Elise had seen only a single person caring for the shelter pokemon, always running back and forth from kennel to kennel, fetching supplies and toys from the back rooms of the store.

Today was the day she would walk through the door and volunteer, today was the day that Elise wouldn't let herself just simply walk past the shelter doors.

With a slow even release of a long held breath, she crosses the street quickly, weaving her way past a group of loud young teenagers, dodging a slow walking elderly couple, and managing not to trip over the various young children and small pokemon running up and down the sidewalks. Elise's eyes lock onto the door and the caretaker just beyond the thin pane of glass, a cold sweat breaking out on her skin as she reaches out, her fingers sliding around the cold metal handle. She breathes in and out, trying to steady the nervous jitters that settled a fine tremble on her hands as she tightens her grip on the door handle, her knuckles turning white. With a smooth motion she pulls the door towards herself...only to find that it read "push" on a small placard right above the handle. Cheeks burning a bright red, Elise fights down the urge to turn and run from the shelter. She had come so far already! She couldn't just give up now! With her face aflame she pushes the door open, stepping through as the bell jingles to announce her arrival. But of course the bell wasn't needed...the attendant had witnessed her failed attempt to gain entry to the shelter.

Random Egg [20/25]
Cherubi Egg [18/20]
Adoption [1/20]

This post has been edited by Elise Chiang: Aug 8 2018, 05:16 AM

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 4 2018, 08:37 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Welcome to Best Friends Pokemon Shelter! How may I help you today?" Today seated behind the counter is a kindly looking middle aged woman, a broad smile on her lips. "I've come to volunteer." Elise says, her eyes darting away from the woman, embarrassment hunching her shoulders, a weight she's grown accustomed to. "Ah yes of course, let me just get some ID and you'll have to fill out this form and we'll get you started!" She says cheerily, pushing a clipboard towards Elise and extending a hand to receive her documents. With her eyes downcast Elise fishes in her backpack for her identification, handing over proof that she was indeed who she said she was, she begins filling out the form. Name, number, occupation, why she wanted to volunteer at the shelter, previous experience. She scribbles down her answers quickly, the sound of pen scratching across paper just about the only sound in the quiet store. After she was finished she pushes the filled out clipboard towards the woman, her eyes catching on a worn name tag reading "Meredith".

"Alright now that that's all settled I'll show you around." Meredith moves out from behind the counter, her eyes twinkling as she smiles at Elise. Blush increasing on her face, she shifts the eggs strapped to her chest ever so slightly, moving to follow the older woman on the mini tour of the shelter. "You've caught us at a good time..." She squints down at the paperwork attached to the clipboard in her hands. "Elise. What a pretty name." Meredith continues on without a glance backwards, failing to see the bright shade of red burning on Elise's face. "These are our currently occupied kennels, most of the Pokemon are out in the communal playpen or in their own separate areas for their activities. Today I'd like you to clean out their cages and then bring the Pokemon back in once you've finished. Be sure to read the clipboards attached to the kennel before return the Pokemon to make sure you've refreshed the right food and what not." Meredith casually waves her hand towards the wall of kennels, walking past them briskly, Elise has only a brief chance to glance back and forth at the cages.

Random Egg [21/25]
Cherubi Egg [19/20]
Adoption [2/20]

This post has been edited by Elise Chiang: Aug 8 2018, 05:17 AM

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 7 2018, 07:31 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"I was just about to take my lunch but I'll file away your paperwork and be out of your hair before long." She turns her head and glances back, her green eyes bright beneath her lush brown lashes, Meredith gives her a wink. "Over here is the door to the play pens, and here is the back office where we file our paperwork and keep track of adoptions. I'll be in here doing some paperwork and eating so holler at me if you need anything." Meredith indicates a glass door off to her left leading out into an enclosed paddock, and then she waves her hand off to her right, a door lettered with a very no nonsense font in bold "Staff Only" plastered across the frosted glass of the wood door. Abruptly she turns around, laying a hand casually on the office door handle. "Any questions for me?" She asks, a kind smile on her face. Vigorously Elise shakes her head side to side, satisfied with the tasks laid out before her. "Alright, don't be afraid to yell for help if you need it! Also watch out, some of our current residents are a bit of troublemakers."

Elise nods her head up and down at Meredith, her arms wrapping around the eggs sitting against her belly inside of her jacket sling. With a kind smile and another nod Meredith twists the office door knob and quickly disappears within the depths of the room, the door clicking closed softly. Spinning around quickly on the ball of her foot Elise turns and walks towards the wall of kennels. Her plan of attack to clean out all the cages, prepare them for the shelter Pokemon and then bring them in from their play times. Although Elise really didn't except them to want their play times to end, she'd have to locate some treats to bribe the Pokemon back. Elise nods to herself as she looks for an out of the way place to stow her backpack while she went about cleaning the kennels. Deciding that behind the counter that Meredith had just been sitting behind would be the best place, Elise takes off her backpack and leans it behind the counter.

Random Egg [25/25] Complete!
Cherubi Egg [20/20] Complete!
Adoption [3/20]

This post has been edited by Elise Chiang: Aug 8 2018, 05:16 AM

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 8 2018, 05:46 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Elise slowly wanders back to the wall of kennels, each cage set up comfortably for the Pokemon it would house. She lingers in front of every cage, reading off the inhabitants and their care instructions and last feedings from the detailed notes attached to the care clipboard. The first was an old Zorua called Missy. Soft food diet, changing of the mats in the kennel and replacing the worn bed with something fluffier as her joints had been acting up recently, quick notes jotted down under 'next cleaning instructions'. Elise places a hand over her heart, trying to soothe the ache in her chest. Perhaps coming here to volunteer had been a bad decision after all. She knew logically that she wouldn't be able to adopt every single shelter Pokemon, but still her heart hurt for the lovely creatures waiting for their forever home. With a sigh, Elise slaps her hands to her cheeks and readies herself for her duties, snapping herself out of it. She couldn't be going all soft now! She had a job to do!

With quick confident motions Elise opens up Missy's kennel, gathering the dirtied newspapers and pads from the bottom of the cage Elise balls them up neatly and dumps them in the nearest garbage can. Next she takes her food bowl and water dish, scrubbing them clean before replacing them filled with fresh water and a scoop of soft food from a container with Missy's name on it. Locating the replacement bed was a bit of a challenge as Elise had to look through boxes that had been labeled over and over again, the old supplies names crossed out to further confuse the true contents of the boxes. Finding at last a brand new bed for Missy, Elise replaces the bed before fluffing it. Unsure what to do with the old worn bed, Elise sets it off to the side to ask Meredith about later. Pausing to inspect her work, she nods to herself. The cage was ready for its inhabitant!

Adoption [4/20]

This post has been edited by Elise Chiang: Aug 8 2018, 04:20 PM

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 8 2018, 06:37 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Wondering if she should pause her cleaning spree to fetch the old girl to rest in her cage once more, Elise pauses by the glass door leading to the play area. In a patch of sunlight Missy laid with her paws delicately crossed, her head lifted and eyes closed as she lay in the sun. Elise couldn't bring herself to interrupt Missy's sun time, it took little debate for Elise to decide to collect all the Pokemon once their Kennels were cleaned. Turning quickly on a heel she moves back towards the kennels to continue the cleaning. Up next was a taller cage with a mostly realistic looking fake tree branches serving as perches. Elise lifts an eyebrow at the cage for a moment, trying to think of what Pokemon would be comfortable without a bed in such a cage. Elise pauses for a few moments, flipping through the clipboard of information. The kennel housed Noah the Komala, a brawler by nature, one of his favorite activities was climbing. The duties outlined for his next cleaning were much the same as Missy's, change the padding at the bottom, clean and refill his bowls, and rearrange his branches to provide mental stimulation.

She looks back at the branches, trying to figure out the mechanism to release them from the sides of the kennel. Luckily it didn't take her long to to unclip all of the branches, wiping them quickly along their lengths with disinfectant wipes. Leaning each cleaned up branch against the tall cage, Elise takes his food bowls and begins scrubbing them out, trying to remember exactly what food it had listed. Like Missy he should have his own food bin right? After wiping out the bowls Elise spends a moment of rummaging before finding his container of food, refilled bowls in hand she clips them into place at the side of the kennel. She then makes quick work of the newspaper and pads at the bottom, arranging the faux branches once more in a different pattern. Wiping the sweat from her forehead, Elise eyes her work, readjusting a few branches until she's satisfied that Noah would enjoy this new arrangement.

Adoption [5/20]

This post has been edited by Elise Chiang: Aug 8 2018, 04:28 PM

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 9 2018, 02:59 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Stepping to the side Elise stares at the next clipboard attached to a very austere kennel. Elise's eyes sweep across the empty tank, no substrate lines the bottom or toys, or loose items in fact, the bowls were an entire unit that were secured to hell and back to the side of the tank. Quickly Elise flips through the information on the care sheet, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion. A...Pyukumuku...? She hadn't heard of this Pokemon before, let alone seen one. Unsure exactly if this setup was typical for this species Elise reads it's care instructions. Scrub down the emptied tank...by hand...and then replace the food, making sure to include a capsule containing a blend of supplements. Her eyes flicking towards the tank, and then back at the detailed instructions that 'Starla' required, with a slight sigh she prepares herself to scrub down the already emptied tank. After all, this was what volunteer work really looked like, it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine---but if Elise hurried through the cleaning tasks maybe she would get to play with the Pokemon a bit before putting them back into their housing.

Motivated by the thought of setting eyes on a Pyukumuku for the first time, Elise opens up the top of the tank, cleaning supplies already in hand. After a bit of elbow grease applied to the sides of the glass holding tank Elise gives a final wipe down to the 'bowls', really they were more like rubber shallow dishes with small grippy spikes to...stab the food pellets on? Unsure exactly how she would fit the food on the dish Elise begins filling the tank up with water, buying her some time while she went to pester Meredith with her questions. Taking another moment to wipe off the sweat that was collect on her forehead, Elise turns to walk towards the back office.

Adoption [6/20]

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 9 2018, 05:22 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Elise swallows nervously, her hand alternating between hovering over the office handle and knocking on the glass. She deliberates for a moment, flipping back and forth before she just bites the bullet and knocks on the glass, her knuckles tapping lightly against the frosted surface. "Come in~" Meredith says, muffled through the material of the door. Swallowing once more, trying to keep the tremor out of her hands as she tenses up in anticipation of this new interaction with a person, Elise opens the office door. Meredith is seated at a small table in the middle of the room, file cabinets and floating shelves lining all available wall space. Elise steps into the room, eyeing the half eaten sandwich on the plate in front of Meredith and the large heap of opened folders laying about the table. "Ah I just had a question on Starla's tank...how do I...put the food on the plate?" Elise says quietly, swiping her slick palms on the thighs of her jeans. Meredith nods, taking another bite of her sandwich before standing and wiping her hands on a paper towel. Elise seeing that Meredith intends to leave the cramped office quickly skitters out of the way back towards the almost filled tank. Her eyes wide as she rushes to turn off the hose so that the tank doesn't start overflowing.

"Ah good you've filled the tank, have you added the salt yet?" Meredith says after she finishes her mouthful, eyeing Missy's and Noah's cleaned cages. "Ah not yet...I didn't know how much salt to put in." Elise says, her words dropping in volume and filled with uncertainty, nervously she runs a hand through her black hair. Meredith waves a hand at Elise, laughing slightly while she breaths out. "To be honest I didn't think you'd already be doing Starla's tank. I was going to come out after I finished eating to tell you to leave her enclosure to me since it's a bit of a complicated set up but you've done fine darling." Meredith says kindly, moving to the supply closet, she reappears with measuring cups full of white crystals. Moving with confidence she dumps the salt into the tank while also squeezing a few drops of a pale green viscous fluid into the water. "This is the salt since Pyukumuku are marine Pokemon, and this is a conditioning slime to protect her skin." Meredith says, replacing the cap on the bottle and then walking back to the closet.

Adoption [7/20]

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 10 2018, 04:44 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Elise nods at Meredith, her eyes following the swirl of salt grains as the filter in the tank kicks to life, the white slowly dissolving in the water. Meredith comes back, a small plastic machine in her hand as she approaches. "This is to check that I added the right amount of salt. Do you want to take the reading for me?" She asks, smiling, already handing the machine over. Elise nods, not really sure if she would've even been able to say no to the request. "Here, so you stick the metal probe in the water---yes good. Now you press the start button and wait for the screen to flash." Elise follows Meredith's instructions, pressing the labeled buttons, holding it just under the waters surface. After a few seconds Elise wonders if she's pressed the right sequence of buttons, opening her mouth to question the process she stops as the screen begins flickering with numbers and percentages. "Ah there, seems I did pretty good this time around!" Meredith leans into Elise ever so slightly, craning her neck so that she can read the numbers.

"Ah and you had a question about her food also right?" Meredith asks with a nod of her head towards Elise who just returns a nod to the older woman. "Right, okay so I just need the pellets and---ah where did those things go?" Meredith bustles off, rummaging through plastic containers in a mini fridge situated in a corner. "Ah here we go. Seems like they didn't clean out the used food bins" A small thread of annoyance tangles in her tone as she walks back, pulling the lid off of the container. Inside were large mostly squishy pellets, delicately picking one up Elise turns it this way and that as she tries to figure out what exactly it was. "It's a mixture of berries, seaweed, meat proteins, vitamins and some flavoring agents. Mixed right here in house by yours truly." Meredith says before Elise has a chance to ask. "So the trick is to just...impale them on the rubber spikes." She laughs, looking at Elise. "Do you want me to do it or do you?" Meredith says after a slight pause. "Ah I'll do it!" Elise says quickly, jumping a little bit, a faint blush tinting her cheeks.

Adoption [8/20]

This post has been edited by Elise Chiang: Aug 10 2018, 06:14 AM

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 10 2018, 05:02 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Elise takes the pellet in her hand and stands on her tiptoes, her eyebrows furrowing in concentration as she tries to align the pellet correctly with the rubber spikes of the feeding 'dish'. With a little bit of slow fidgeting she manages to impale the food, moving her hand slowly away, afraid the pellet will break up with the current, Elise stares at it for any changes in the structural integrity of it. A low chuckle brings her back and her gaze flicks towards Meredith, her eyes kind as she observes Elise with her task at hand. "My you're a serious one aren't you?" She says, placing a thoughtful hand to her lips and chin. Elise flushes, not sure what to do with that question. Was it the sort she should answer or...just let go? "Not one for words much either hm? That's fine, I can talk enough for the two of us." Meredith continues on. "So now that you've gotten one on there go ahead and get two more, that should tide Starla over until tomorrow," She pauses, offering up the container to Elise. "Ah and don't worry about the pellets breaking apart, they should be fine until Starla gets to them, and if not the filter will take care of it." Elise lifts her hand out of the water, trying to shake some of the excess off before grabbing two more pellets, the cylinders of food almost too big of her small hands. With a look of concentration she turns once more to the tank, slowly submerging her arm in the water to stab the pellets onto the rubber tines.

Satisfied that they'd hold onto the spikes she withdraws her arm, her gaze darting around for paper towels to wipe the saltwater from her skin. "Ah here just use this." Meredith says, handing her a small hand towel. Elise's eyes go wide as she takes the piece of cloth, her gaze looking for the food container that she had been holding onto earlier. While she was concentrated on her task Meredith must've put the food away and gotten her the towel. Nodding in thanks at Meredith Elise wipes the water from her arm quickly, unsure where to put the soaked towel now. "Here I'll take that for you, ah okay. Now you can go put Starla in the tank, she's in the Pokeball over there." Meredith tilts her chin towards a locked cabinet as she takes the towel from Elise's hands. "We don't have a water playpen so she's been waiting for her tank to be cleaned unfortunately. Go ahead and let her out now since it's ready." Meredith says as she walks off towards the back of the office. "Oh and anything else you need help with?" She calls back casually over her shoulder, her hand resting on the office door handle.

Adoption [9/20]

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 10 2018, 05:56 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Oh Missy's old bed! What do I do with it?" Elise says, the words spilling out from her quickly, her damp hand moving out to point quickly at the old bed in the corner. "Oh that old thing? Just take it out to the dumpster out back. While you're doing that would you mind taking out the trash also?" Meredith points at an obscured door hidden by leaning poles and unused branches. "Anything else?" Meredith hesitates at the door, slowly opening the office, at Elise's head shake she disappears within, cheerful strains of humming escaping just as the door shuts with a soft click. With a soft sigh Elise approaches the indicated cabinet, opening it with a soft click her eyes lay over Pokeballs lined up neatly, their cards taped just below their resting spots. Gently her fingers drag atop the slick surfaces of the Pokeballs, her eyebrows furrowing as she leaves clean line through a dust layer on one of the balls. Her eyes dart down to the card. Esmerelda, Misdreavus, to be kept in Pokeball until escape proof enclosure could be built. The date on the card from weeks ago. Her heart aching, her fingers hover over the ball for a moment before she reaches over for Starla's ball.

Her duties first, and then she would play with the ghostie.

Distracted, she wanders back to the freshly cleaned tank. Quickly releasing Starla into her enclosure, the marine Pokemon going straight for her food pellets, inhaling the food and then trying to swallow the rubber tines. Elise frowns at the Pokemon, hoping that her treatment would work sooner rather than later.

Adoption [10/20]

This post has been edited by Elise Chiang: Aug 10 2018, 05:59 AM

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 10 2018, 06:12 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
With quick movements Elise begins gathering the garbage, shoving used papers and wrappings that had accumulated in one corner into a large plastic bag, she stuffs Missy's old bed on top. Elise takes a moment to inspect the old food containers, deciding to stack them by the sink so that she might scrub them out later when she's returned from trash and cleaning the kennels. With a determined look, Elise eyes the tall objects blocking the garbage door. Sucking in a large gulp of air, she begins slowly shifting the branches and pipes so that she might actually squeeze through the door with the trash bag. Finally able to use the door, Elise makes a mental note to see if she couldn't find a better place in some other dusty corner of the shelter to put the decorations and supplies. Stepping through the door she raises a hand to shield her eyes from the sun, squinting in the brightness of the day. Was it already so late? She had completely lost track of time inside the shelter. Shuffling forwards Elise reaches the dumpster, lifting the lid with one hand she swings the full garbage back over the side into the opening, huffing from the effort on her strained arms. She'd be feeling all of this tomorrow.

As she turns to leave her foot kicks out a cylindrical object, sending it rolling towards the shelter's doorway. Her eyes wide she bends over to pick it up, picking off a sticky piece of wrapper and dusting off the brand name. An...incubator? Absentmindedly Elise walks back into the shelter, shutting the back door behind her. She turns the incubator over in her hands, the bottom panel to the circuit boards was cracked as if someone had tried prying it open. She clicks a button on the top, waiting to feel the warmth of the heating coils and the menu to flash with the incubating settings and data. She waits, and waits, and waits. The minute stretching by until Elise clicks another button impatiently. Nothing. Probably why it was out by the dumpster. She turns the incubator over again, wondering what exactly was wrong with it. It was the same model that had been used on her Grandmother's farm, almost ancient by today's standards but still a good sturdy model. Setting the broken machine down on the main counter, Elise makes a mental note to remind herself to ask Meredith about the incubator.

Adoption [11/20]

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 10 2018, 06:58 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Turning back to her tasks at hand Elise wanders close to the kennel wall, her eyes flickering over the clipboards. The rest of the Pokemon were slated to be taken home soon and were undergoing check ups with a vet. Her eyes roam over the cages. Meredith must've cleaned them before Elise had gotten to the shelter. Setting the clipboard in her hand down she rubs her hands together, trying to think of something else she could scrub. Her gaze settling on the neatly stacked food containers, Elise makes her way over to the sink. Locating the soap and a scrubber she begins methodically scraping off the dried bits of food left over in the containers. Her nose crinkling at some of the smells, she shoves them underneath the almost-scalding water. A sigh building up in her chest as her thoughts drift towards Esmerelda sitting in her Pokeball in the cupboard. How long had she been like that? How long was it taking them to actually build her a place for her to stretch her lil ghostie limbs?

After finishing the containers Elise shakes out the bits of water clinging to her skin, sending droplets of water to splatter across the shelter. Absentmindedly she wipes the remainder of dampness onto her jeans, moving towards the paddock to fetch the Pokemon in from their play times.

Adoption [12/20]

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 10 2018, 08:08 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Elise rummages through the mini fridge for a moment, finding some acceptable tasty treats, she stows them in her pockets before approaching the paddock door. Her hands on the handle, Elise takes a deep breath before twisting the handle and stepping out into the paddock. It was as blindingly bright here due to the canopies arching overhead, the fine netting letting only a few beams of bright sunlight through. Laying in one such beam was the greying Missy, one eye cracking open at the intrusion of Elise into her peaceful outdoor time. Approaching slowly, Elise takes a treat out from her pocket, grimacing at the almost too squishy texture of this particular treat. She'd have to wash her pants when she got back since she had just thoughtlessly put food in her pockets. Shaking the thought out of her head, she coos to the old girl, lowering herself to a crouch. "Hey there Missy, I got something for you." Extending out her hand with her palm up, the treat laying on her hand, she shuffles forwards, bracing herself with her free hand on the floor.

With Elise's approach Missy's eyes open fully, her maw opening to let loose a slow yawn. Delicately she sniffs the air, her ears perking in Elise's direction. Good, she'd gotten the old girl's attention. Slightly more confident Elise shuffles forwards again, making sure that her approach was slow so as not to spook the aging Zorua. "Hey there, did you have a nice nap in the sun?" Elise asks quietly, a broad smile on her lips as her hand extends out further, the treat within nibbling distance now. Delicately Missy sniffs the treat, from the left, from the right, and then the left again, as if she were debating if she was really feeling up to this particular snack. After a long deliberation she takes it slowly in her teeth, chewing it slowly before piercing Elise with her gaze, her ears perked, her expression almost asking for more treats.

Adoption [13/20]

This post has been edited by Elise Chiang: Aug 10 2018, 05:30 PM

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 10 2018, 10:28 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Mmm sorry Missy, the other one is for Noah." Elise dips her head apologetically to the old Zorua, a light smile on her lips as she reaches her hand out for her to sniff. Her ears perked, Missy sniffs her hand before lowering her head as if for pets. With excitement Elise scooches a little bit closer, her fingers eagerly combing through the wiry fur. Just under the top coat she notices the difference in hair texture, a fluffy layer just beneath the surface! A warm smile on her face Elise leans back a little bit, her fingers wandering up and down the Zorua's spine. She was thin, with some of her bones showing through, yet she hadn't lost all of her muscle mass to age just yet. Leaning over Elise alternates her bracing arm, reaching across her body to scratch and pet the side closest to her, the sun warm on her skin as she breathes out slowly, feeling the tension in her shoulders slowly melt away, the soreness in her muscles easing in the warmth of the day. Elise tilts her head back, her eyes closing as she just absorbs the peace of the moment at hand. "Mmm how long have you been out here girl? You ready to go in yet?" Elise murmurs, a sleepy lilt to her quiet words. Missy gave no reaction to Elise's questions.

After letting her eyes rest closed for a moment, her fingers buried in Missy's fur, Elise snaps her eyes open, jolting herself into wakefulness once more. She still had work to finish! Reluctantly Elise stands up, her joints popping as she stretches herself upward. "Ahhh sorry! It's time to go inside now." Elise says apologetically, waiting for the Zorua to stand. After a bit of waiting, their eyes meeting for brief moments of time, Elise realizes that Missy has no intention of standing and walking back inside. "Oh do you want me to carry you?" Elise asks, mirth lifting her voice ever so slightly, Elise raises an eyebrow to the Pokemon laying at her feet. Missy only blinks up at her slowly. With a slight huff Elise reaches down and gently scoops the old girl up in her arms. Missy was lighter than Elise had expected. Making her way slowly inside the shelter through the paddock door, Elise opens up Missy's cage with one hand and deposits the Pokemon inside. With a nod of her head she closes the door, observing as Missy beelines for the water dish before settling into her new bed, her eyes closing for another nap.

Adoption [14/20]

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 10 2018, 10:48 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Satisfied that Missy was settled into her clean cage Elise turns towards the paddock door once more. Hesitating for a moment, Elise quickly opens up Missy's cage once more and deposits the remaining treat in front of her nose. Without even opening her eyes, Missy slowly moves to take the treat in her mouth, chewing it delicately. With a breathy little laugh Elise closes the kennel door softly, moving back towards the treat bin to find something to bribe out Noah from wherever he was hiding. Pausing at the paddock door to throw a look over her shoulder to the cupboard holding Esmerelda's Pokeball, Elise shakes her head once more before pushing open the door and beginning her hunt for the climbing Komala. After thoroughly searching for him on the ground Elise begins eyeing the few trees growing in the paddock. In his paperwork it had stated that he loved to ambush trainers, and being as small as Elise was she didn't think she could handle a heavy Komala falling on top of her just at this moment. Slowly Elise begins to edge towards one of the trees, her eyes peering through the branches and shafts of sunlight, looking for any bulbous or Komala like shape clinging to the branches above.

After walking around this tree three times Elise decides that Noah isn't in this one. Quickly she moves onto the next tree, following her same careful search methods. After circling the trunk of the tree several times she concludes that he must be in the third and final tree in the yard. Nervousness tingling in her fingertips, she begins slowly approaching the tree. "Hey Noah, I know you're up there! I have some treats for you if you come down like a good boy." Elise says, holding out her hand with the two treats resting on her palm. She lifts it up towards the branches of the tree so that the Komala might see it from wherever he was hiding. Her eyes searching up in the branches, she circles the trunk of the tree, her handful of treats raised up in the air so that he might see or smell the tasty pellets. After a few circles of the tree she stands there, neck craning upwards as she tries to figure out where exactly the Komala was hiding. What other tricks were there for luring him out? Should she go back in and ask Meredith for help once more?

Adoption [15/20]

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.
Open Inventory
LC:
Legacy
Insomnia
Lv.5
N/A
Cherubi
Chlorophyll
Lv.1
N/A
Mystery Egg
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Elise Chiang posted at Aug 10 2018, 11:07 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Just as Elise is about to turn around and retreat back into the shelter she feels a tug on her pant leg. Jumping at the sudden contact Elise whips around to see what's startled her. Sitting on the floor looking up at her with wide awake eyes is the Komala, Noah, his hand reaching out for the treats Elise had promised him. "Oh Noah you scared me! Were you looking for these?" Elise takes a half step back, crouching down so that they were at the same level, she shows him the treats in her palm. His eyes move from Elise's palm and then her face a few times before he nods, moving his extended hand closer to the treats in Elise's hand. A smile on her lips she gives him one pellet, watching him inhale it just as soon as she places it in his hand. "Come on then, you get the other one at the door." Elise stands up and slowly approaches the paddock door, glancing over her shoulder every few steps to make sure the Komala was following her. Sure enough he was, though every time she looked back he was simply sitting closer to her, if she really thought about it she hadn't seen the Komala actually stand up to walk at all...

Shoving the strange thought out of her head Elise opens the paddock door, holding it open for Noah to come through. Stubbornly he sits at just the threshold, his wee arms crossed in protest. "Oh that's right! Sorry I almost forgot." Bending over Elise hands the last treat to Noah who immediately stuffs it into his mouth. Solemnly he stands up, waddling over to his kennel and then looking back upwards at Elise. "Ah I'm coming!" Elise lets the paddock door shut from its own weight as she hurries over to Noah's cage, opening the latch quickly. "Do you need some help up or---" Elise begins asking, realizing that he needs no help climbing in. He makes it into the cage before Elise can finish her question, looking at her as he begins climbing through the faux branches. "Oh okay, well, you have a good nap then?" Elise says, closing the door and locking the latch as she scratches the side of her head. What an odd little Pokemon.

Adoption [16/20]

----------

21 years old
I am what I am.