PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO CAMPANA TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Fletchling Sunkern Cherubi Skiddo Deerling
Treated more like pets than pests, the local wildlife of Campana is extremely docile, especially thanks to their free access to chunks of Eviolite from construction sites. It's common to see "wild" Pokémon adorned with ribbons and bells, a sign of just how close Campana's human residents are to their environment. Campana's official bird is Fletchling.
Quite possibly the most normal, comforting town in the region, Campana Town is a hub for breeders, ranchers, and the odd trainer, proudly boasting the official Grass-type gym of the island's league - a point of pride for such a small settlement. Made up of a series of gently rolling hills, Campana's homes are built into the earth, creating a hidden city of tunnels and passageways - and making it a good place to hide away from the pressures of city life. Because their entire infrastructure is built into the earth, mining is hugely important in Campana, with much of their income coming from the accidental excavation of precious metals and gems, including Eviolite. With an almost startlingly mixed population, Campana welcomes outsiders with open arms, and has become a mini hub of diversity, with the original culture being nearly lost by this point in time. Older natives do have a heavy Irish brogue, however, and most of the population is white.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Checking In, Josh/Benedetta
This user is currently Offline.
28 years old
I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Josh Rallen can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 02:09 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Campana Town was one of Josh's favorite places in the whole region, if only because his friend Benedetta was living there. She was a fantastic friend that was for sure but she also had a house full of adorable pokemon to spend time with and allow his pokemon to make friends with. The town was pretty and cute and very attached to their pokemon, that was well and good but he came to Campana as often as he did for the food and the house full of pokemon that the breeder kept. Of course Benedetta let him hang out there since he was so good to them and they seemed to like him.

So, as he approached the door Josh smiled, feeling his egg in need of hatching on his back. It was somewhat of a dual purpose trip in that aspect, since he somewhat was looking for some guidance or help on getting an egg to hatch faster, but that was pretty secondary.

[Egg posts 7/20]

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Apr 17 2018, 03:21 AM

25 years old
I'm perfectly incomplete I'm still working on my masterpiece and I I wanna hang with the greatest gotta Way to go, but it's worth the wait, no You haven't seen the best of me I'm still working on my masterpiece
Open Inventory
LC:
Benedetta Rosa can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Lacy
thick fat
Lv.6
18%
Aric
Domestic
Lv.1
6%
Mark
aroma veil
Lv.1
N/A
Bonbon
domestic
Lv.1
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Benedetta Rosa posted at Apr 16 2018, 02:14 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
The job of a breeder was never done and ever cycling. Especially when she had so many pokemon to try and make stronger, evolve, etc. Evolving through levels was one thing, she could absolutely handle evolving through levels since it would mainly just be paying Josh to do it, but that was besides the point. Trying to evolve an azurill and a pichu was not proving to be an easy task. In fact it was proving to feel near impossible. She knew how and she played with them fairly often, going so far as to seek out foods that helped with this but none of it helped, or at least it didn't seem like they were making any progress.

Lacy, Aric, and Bonbon would all evolve through this painstaking method. Aric was a bit lower priority since he was at a stage where he could breed without issue, but the two baby pokemon were simply pets without being much help until she could get it together to evolve them. Once she was able to double the pokemon she could breed things would look up a bit. At the sound of a knock on her door she got up and rushed over, "Coming!"

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 02:33 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Standing at her door Josh gave it a pretty stern knock. Who knows what she was up to with all those pokemon in there, and what sort of trouble they might get into. As he waited he looked down to the adorable little growlithe in his arms, noting that Chica was sleeping fairly well and had been for awhile now. He rarely caught any of his pokemon in the act of sleeping, but assumed they did so in their pokeballs or when he himself was sleeping. Now though, Chica was the only one out and he was watching her sleep while he held her.

It was almost a blessing that the pup was sleeping since any time she was awake recently she got fairly restless without having her child, currently in Josh's bag, curled up with her. The rest of them could easily come out to play once he got inside, but having the whole poke trio when he was walking around town simply felt a bit obnoxious to be doing, as well as a bit of a risk with how much Foxy could wander and play.

[Egg posts 8/20]

25 years old
I'm perfectly incomplete I'm still working on my masterpiece and I I wanna hang with the greatest gotta Way to go, but it's worth the wait, no You haven't seen the best of me I'm still working on my masterpiece
Open Inventory
LC:
Lacy
thick fat
Lv.6
18%
Aric
Domestic
Lv.1
6%
Mark
aroma veil
Lv.1
N/A
Bonbon
domestic
Lv.1
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Benedetta Rosa posted at Apr 16 2018, 02:42 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
For once in her life Benedetta was happy to not be in high heels, since it would have slowed her down going from one side of the house to the other. Instead she wore a small pair of pink socks, nicely going with her pink shirt and jean shorts. Long brunette hair fell freely around her but was still obviously well groomed and taken care of. "Hey Josh! Come in!" she introduced, her small and high pitched voice in it's full swing as the door swung open, allowing Josh and his little growlithe friend inside. "Aww, how's Chica?" she asked, more addressing the sleeping pokemon that her trainer but knowing who would give the answer.

Aric galloped up toward the door like a ponyta, clearly playing as he had an overjoyed Bonbon on his back trying not to go flying off her father. The two of them stopped in tandem as they reach the door, Aric looking up to Josh with his tail wiping back and forth. Red haired man always meant they got some treats and all kinds of pets and snuggles.

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 03:01 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Opening the door would reveal Josh in his favorite red flannel and a pair of worn out jeans. He wasn't surprised to see Benedetta with her hair down and covered in pink, but when she stepped aside he was fairly surprised to see Aric with Bonny's kid on his back, trying to mimic and equine's gallop. That was a sight he simply had to laugh at, stepping in with a bright grin on his face looking down to the familiar pair of pokemon. "You two having fun?" he asked them, setting down Chica and then his bag, setting her kid next to her and leaning it against her sleeping belly gently.

Nearly instinctively her little orange paws curled themselves around the egg, not waking up but just hugging the thing nicely. "She's got a new kiddo and she's being very motherly." he explained, looking to Benedetta and shutting the door before taking off his shoes. Usually she had something ready to talk about or some task that needed doing and he was happy to help out given how much he borrowed her equipment for stuff lately.

[Egg posts 9/20]

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Lacy
thick fat
Lv.6
18%
Aric
Domestic
Lv.1
6%
Mark
aroma veil
Lv.1
N/A
Bonbon
domestic
Lv.1
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Benedetta Rosa posted at Apr 16 2018, 03:16 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Even Benedetta had to laugh at how ridiculous the display was between Aric and Bonbon. They weren't strangers to playing around or having or odd interactions like that but it never seemed to stop being funny to her. The ex model watched Josh close the door and looked up to him, smiling nicely still as she looked to the growlithe snuggled up on the floor. "That's adorable. Is that another growlithe egg?" she asked, wondering why he would need another growlithe when he already has Chica. It really was none of her business but it was conversation and it was enough for her.

At the moment she didn't really have a job for him, and realized that she didn't even have her incubators at the moment since they were also on loan. She'd only bother to mention that if it came up though, since Chica seemed to be incubating the thing just fine for the moment.

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 03:37 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
While the two started to discuss things and the pair of goofballs looked around like they weren't being adorable and hilarious, Chica stirred and opened up her eyes. She was confused for a quick second before realizing that she was exactly where she wanted to be. the girl was curled up around her egg baby and at the breeder woman's house. She was warm and had her egg so all was okay. The pokemon didn't go back to sleep right away since she was plenty awake but Chica did continue to snuggle and curl up with her child, nuzzling the thing with her face.

"Yeah, it's for a job. Someone wanted a growlithe for their team so I'm getting them one. That's what the kennel was for." he knew it was probably rude to not offer her some money, but he honestly hadn't realized that until they were there and discussing it. His face wore an apology for a moment as he noticed it and hoped she at least wouldn't be angry about it.

[Egg posts 10/20]

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Lacy
thick fat
Lv.6
18%
Aric
Domestic
Lv.1
6%
Mark
aroma veil
Lv.1
N/A
Bonbon
domestic
Lv.1
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Benedetta Rosa posted at Apr 16 2018, 12:17 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Benedetta didn't very much mind that her kennel was getting used for things she wasn't being payed for. Sure were it some stranger or Justin she'd end up asking for a cut just out of the principal of the thing. For Josh though, he was in a pretty bad situation at the moment and was probably already splitting whatever the profit was with someone else. "Don't worry about it, I didn't need it at the time and it's back home before I did, so all is just fine." she explained, smiling nicely to her friend before finally deciding to move on to what it was that was bothering her.

"Hey, how did you evolve Bonny?" she looked to Bonbon, "We're having a bit of issue trying to get her to be a pikachu." sensing that she was being talked about, Bonbon dislodged herself from the eevee and crawled up onto Benedetta's shoulder, reaching her paws out towards Josh jokingly, as though she couldn't reach or cross the gap in any way.

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 12:29 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh was very glad to know that Benedetta didn't mind that he'd been using her kennel to make money, most likely entirely because they were friends and he did agree to help her with any pokemon in the future that level up by training rather than purely just time spent together. He shouldn't have any problems leveling up a baby pokemon with his helpful and nice little team of helpers. If anything it would only be beneficial for them to help out with the training of a littler fella. Sure having another team member temporarily could be a pain since it felt like a waste of time but they were friends and Benedetta had been nothing but kind to him so it only made sense to repay the favor.

At the question of Bonny though Josh chuckled, "She and I just spent a long time together, went through some times. It's just a matter of making a pretty real connection and understanding each other a good bit." he explained, looking to Chica. "Any chance you've got an incubator around? Faster her kid hatches faster I can eat next week." he joked, even though that pretty much was his situation by this point. He did still have to train the sucker a bit too.

[Egg posts 11/20]

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Apr 17 2018, 03:22 AM

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Lacy
thick fat
Lv.6
18%
Aric
Domestic
Lv.1
6%
Mark
aroma veil
Lv.1
N/A
Bonbon
domestic
Lv.1
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Benedetta Rosa posted at Apr 16 2018, 12:35 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Before long Benedetta realized that they were still standing in front of her door and discussing things. "Come on, let's go sit down." she offered, scooping up Aric in her arms who happily snuggled for a minute while Bonbon took a more stable seated position on her shoulders. The girl walked herself to her living room where a light colored couch sat perpendicular to what looked like a love seat. She took a seat towards the middle of the loveseat, setting the eevee down beside herself and looked to Josh to continue their discussion.

The hair and fluff of her pokemon simply came with the profession, and she was well aware that it was going to happen so she didn't mind much. In fact she loved how fluffy they were to mind in the slightest. At least she wasn't allergic, that would be terrible to deal with on a daily basis, being allergic to adorable fluffy pokemon. "Do those berries that they say help actually help?" she asked, knowing that she honestly should know that but not finding any shame in asking.

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 12:41 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The manners involved in their interaction rarely ever struck Josh when he was talking with a friend. He would have been perfectly content to simply stand there the entire time he was visiting her and wouldn't have blinked an eye. When she moved herself to the couch though and brought Aric with her it hit him that the two of them standing by her door was a little awkward. They were having a very nice and necessary discussion for the both of them but still it was simply more polite to go sit down while they discussed these sorts of 'professional' things. Sure Benedetta was a breeder but she still held a much more casual air that didn't do him favors to remind him that she was a professional.

As he moved to the couch Josh scooped up the growlithe egg and smirked down to Chica, who he expected to get grumpy and paw at him for the egg back. Instead though she popped up, concerned for only a moment before realizing that they were moving and zipping over to the couch beside Josh, where she stood and knew Benedetta didn't care whether pokemon hopped on her couch or not. "Yeah they do, they were a ton of help." Josh replied, simply holding the egg so Chica was forced to go socialize or something.

[Egg posts 12/20]

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Lacy
thick fat
Lv.6
18%
Aric
Domestic
Lv.1
6%
Mark
aroma veil
Lv.1
N/A
Bonbon
domestic
Lv.1
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Benedetta Rosa posted at Apr 16 2018, 01:15 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Benedetta wore a bright smile on her face, crossing one leg over the other and smiling to her friend. The eevee beside her stood for a minute, looking around for whoever else was around him to go play with or something. As great as he was in a fatherly role he also got bored fairly easily, something he had certainly passed down to Bonbon if anything. Of course Bonny herself wasn't exactly one who rested frequently, but that was besides the point. "That's good to know, I'll get some more of those then." she gave, thinking about everything that needed to be in her collection. "I'm thinking about being less picky with what I breed, that sound like a good idea?"

Entirely idle conversation for the moment, she simply wanted more pokemon in her house and more business coming in. Of course her favorite is always going to be the adorable fairy types and the fairy egg group that shared a lot of aesthetically pleasing traits, but being so picky didn't feel like it was getting her very far.

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 01:26 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The ranger returned her kind smile, wrapping his arms gently around the egg in his lap, and crossing his legs on the couch to make a nice little space for it to rest. He was a bit confused at her wanting to expand into other areas of breeding. "Maybe at least wait a little bit?" he offered, thinking how many pokemon she'd gotten that couldn't even breed. "There are some non fairy pokemon that would make good additions to the house, but I'd wait until everything in here can breed and you've got a bit of business to expand." he reasoned, nodding a bit to himself to confirm that he agreed with that. The house was bigger than most places he stayed on an average occasion, but making it for any kind of pokemon might reduce her space a little.

In reality Benedetta was going to want to probably get herself a nice big building like the center to do the level of breeding that she wanted to get into. It was clear she had big dreams, bigger than that household at the very least. Chica hopped down off the couch and walked herself over to Aric who was still up with Benedetta, barking a bit of conversation or another as the trainers kept talking.

[Egg posts 13/20]

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Lacy
thick fat
Lv.6
18%
Aric
Domestic
Lv.1
6%
Mark
aroma veil
Lv.1
N/A
Bonbon
domestic
Lv.1
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Benedetta Rosa posted at Apr 16 2018, 01:32 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The sort of idle conversation she proposed didn't beg a serious answer, but she wasn't surprised to get a well thought out one anyway. Nothing Josh ever talked about seemed to be very idle and he made a pretty good conversationalist if only because he honestly thought about things. The way he looked around the place she knew he was imagining a bigger pokemon trying to live in this place. She didn't intend on getting herself any kind of snorlax or wailord any time soon if ever, but maybe she could take in some normal or ice or something. Generally she just wasn't seeing much want for what she had and wanted to expand, a lot.

The want for expansion was fairly normal though, or at least she'd assume so with how badly she wanted it. "You're right." she chuckled, "They're just so cute, I want them all." she reasoned, a rather flimsy bit of reasoning as she imagined how big she'd have to be before she felt satisfied. Even if Josh hadn't vocalized it he was right on the nose, she'd have to run a facility with an actual storefront and be able to breed pretty much whatever people wanted. Aric looked down to Chica and crouched low like she were hunting for a second, before sprinting off to the other room with a yelp. Benedetta smiled as she watched the dog pokemon sprint towards another room, figuring they were playing.

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 01:39 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Talking with Benedetta was always nice and calm. He'd never had the misfortune of getting in a pretty heated debate with her or walking away absolutely heartbroken. When he went through all the people in his life the list that he could say that about was pretty small. Her, Chet, a couple people at the station, that's about it. Even for how good a friend Justin was they'd had some heartbreaking conversations. Maybe that was just how people worked, they had to hurt each other to be real close. No matter how things were though, he knew that he'd made a good choice making friends with this girl, and was somewhat lucky that there was no chance of getting romantically involved since she liked girls.

As Chica watched Aric go sprinting off she looked to Josh with her best glare, a warning of 'watch that egg or I'll bite your arm off' that didn't come off nearly as intended. Rather than feeling any sort of intimidated Josh laughed it off and nodded, holding the egg just as close to himself as he had been, before looking back to Benedetta while the growlithe began to chase an eevee around the house. "I could see that, but maybe focus a little before branching out."

[Egg posts 14/20]

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Apr 17 2018, 03:23 AM

25 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Lacy
thick fat
Lv.6
18%
Aric
Domestic
Lv.1
6%
Mark
aroma veil
Lv.1
N/A
Bonbon
domestic
Lv.1
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Benedetta Rosa posted at Apr 16 2018, 07:36 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Benedetta was always the type to live in this very moment and not think too hard about what laid in the future and what was coming up next. She could pull something out of thin air when she was asked for it but nothing ever stuck and she changed minor decisions and plans all the time. For example when she decided to be a fairy type breeder and apparently ended up as a fairy group breeder, plus eevee. She just hated to try and tie herself down like that and never wanted to have to bother with it. That was how she ended up with two out of four pokemon in her house being able to breed and three of them needing impossible feeling evolutions.

With all that in mind Benedetta smiled, watching the eevee in question bound out of the room towards where all her toys were, presumably playing some sort of tag with the growlithe or something along those lines. "Maybe this is asking you too much." she started, "But what do you think would be the best outcome for all this? The breeding business." it was a large question and one she should be able to answer, yet one she didn't have a real description for. The girl couldn't find a fitting description for what should be the final product of everything.

28 years old
AWARDS: