PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic
📊 New Poll

>  General Suggestion Thread
This user is currently Offline.
20 years old
PLEDGE's Certified Fun Dad™
Please PM me if you have
questions or concerns! ♥
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Matt can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Matt posted at Jun 11 2016, 11:32 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

GENERAL SUGGESTIONS
Do you have an idea for PLEDGE, be it a new directory, expanded lore, a new NPC, or even a whole new component to how you and others play through the land of Ho'ohiki? Post it here! If your suggestion is put into practice, you will earn the Contributor achievement!

user posted image
Would you like to get your hands on a shiny achievement like this? Post your ideas and concepts below, and staff will be pleased as punch (really, we thrive off of user suggestions) to look them over - and even have a chance of implementing them into PLEDGE! There is no limit to what you can suggest, how much you can suggest, or anything of that sort; just make sure you keep it PG-13 and abide by the general Guidebook rules. <3

24 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Shigeno can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Shigeno posted at Jun 11 2016, 11:54 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The suggestion that I had is called an action and consequence system for example.

Poachers have been able to completely run. Piscari Town.

->The consequence could be people leaving, letting it be more of a ghost town and certain other villages or towns get more people.

--> Since a lot of crime and destruction happens more harmonious pokemon leave and more vile Pokemon come in their place.

----> The police force will send more forces in order to fight against all the poachers.

This is just an example, but It can be used in a lot of different variation.

22 years old
why is yikes plural?
why so many yike...
Open Inventory
LC:
Shafaer can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
ZIPZAP CAT
zip and zap
Lv.50
83%
Kaladin
Protean
Lv.50
86%
Calypso
Prankster
Lv.23
32%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Shafaer posted at Jun 12 2016, 12:09 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Yeah, we've actually been planning on having the world evolve as characters interact with it! Right now, Piscari Town has been suffering A LOT and due to that, there's been an increase in crime. But if you look around, you'll see that Hudor Reef was *formed* because of the trouble in Piscari, and a lot of people have moved to Okeanos to get away from the misery of that place :') Piscari used to have a lot more people living there, now Okeanos is almost a *city* because of how hollowed out Piscari is now, lmao.

And don't worry... The Rangers will be dealing with Piscari soon enough... ;)

There's actually quite a lot of little detail about what's going on in the world, and hopefully you'll notice the impact of characters on the site as the time goes by :'D It'll be slow, especially at first, but so's life. Rome wasn't built in a day~

18 years old
locked in the sin bin
Open Inventory
LC:
April can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

April posted at Jun 12 2016, 01:23 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
i have a suggestion

more gays

20 years old
PLEDGE's Certified Fun Dad™
Please PM me if you have
questions or concerns! ♥
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Matt can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Matt posted at Jun 12 2016, 01:39 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
The above suggestion has been endorsed by Admin Matt!

22 years old
why is yikes plural?
why so many yike...
Open Inventory
LC:
ZIPZAP CAT
zip and zap
Lv.50
83%
Kaladin
Protean
Lv.50
86%
Calypso
Prankster
Lv.23
32%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Shafaer posted at Jun 12 2016, 01:44 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
The above suggestion has been endorsed by Admin Shafaer!

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Charoen Ubol can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Ngea
insomnia
Lv.5
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Charoen Ubol posted at Aug 11 2016, 02:27 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Calling the logging industry/selective chopping of trees in Stipes forest maintenance

24 years old
papa chaos
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Sloth can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Orb
Water Bubble
Lv.33
100%
Cotton
Fluffy
Lv.33
100%
Pixel
Honey Gather
Lv.33
100%
Hurdle
Own Tempo
Lv.34
100%
Aster
Battery
Lv.34
100%
Burger
Blaze
Lv.34
100%

Sloth posted at Aug 23 2016, 05:08 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
As our character numbers grow it becomes more difficult to check taken face claims. Its also impossible to check on mobile. so maybe an official face claim thread should be considered?

Also a page dedicated to who the Rangers are in the region, which rangers are stationed where and what their 'special gear item' would help encourage rangers being made.

also we still need even more gays

----------
user posted image

31 years old
Quotey things
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Jance can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Mew
Sychronize
Lv.100
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Jance posted at Sep 6 2016, 03:36 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Missions/jobs/quests/heists/research trips? Maybe not necessary for here and to be left to plotting and events, but thought it might be cool to have an IC 'billboard' somewhere where trainers can find NPC, or PC, 'ads'. Seen this sort of thing on other sites so thought something similar might be fun here. Missions could be for ranger types that have a specific rangery feel, quests could be legendary related for those interested and spiritual types, heists could be for those less than savory characters, research trips would be a bit like a team lead field trip for researcher types, and jobs could be more common, ordinary things such as finding a lost pokemon for someone or delivering an item from one place to another, etc. But they'd be modded journey/event like threads that could be solo or require collaboration with other PCs and give special rewards at the end. And while each type of 'job' might be themed for a specific trainer class the class wouldn't be required for taking it, but the type would affect the kinds of rewards given. Also each ad could have varying levels of difficulty.
So yea, wall of text idea. :s

----------

Many years old
I am in touch with the timeless.
I am surrounded by infinity.
Open Inventory
LC:
Celebi can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Celebi posted at Sep 25 2016, 03:51 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

What's this? The Face Claims thread has been added to PLEDGE, and the rangers have gained their own details! For suggesting these lovely ideas, you've been awarded the Contributor Award by Celebi!

Apologies for the wait! <3

What's this? The Job Board has been added to PLEDGE! For suggesting such a brilliant idea, you've been awarded the Contributor Award by Celebi!

Thanks again for suggesting this, Jance. The staff team loves it and hopes to fill this place with jobs soon!

24 years old
papa chaos
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Orb
Water Bubble
Lv.33
100%
Cotton
Fluffy
Lv.33
100%
Pixel
Honey Gather
Lv.33
100%
Hurdle
Own Tempo
Lv.34
100%
Aster
Battery
Lv.34
100%
Burger
Blaze
Lv.34
100%

Sloth posted at Sep 30 2016, 07:46 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
It would be cool if the cities, namely Uberrime and Caecus, had Groomers where you could pay P to raise Link. There could be a limit to how often you take your Pokemon to a Groomer so like 5% in a month max. But that way it kind of acts like the Groomers in games that raised Pokemon Friendship.

It could also double as the places to get your Furfrou groomed for different designs. Uberrime could have a set, Caecus could have another, so on and so forth with as many groomers you guys wanted to create.

----------
user posted image

21 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Kenkou can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Daddy
Lv.100
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Kenkou posted at Oct 5 2016, 09:05 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
I think we should have a Move Tutor who helps Pokemon rediscover or learn hidden moves they may have missed or want back again.

An Example of such would be-
A Growlithe can ONLY learn Outrage at Lv43 and Flare Blitz at Lv45. So a trainer may desire to go after these moves being as only a Growlithe can learn them. But going to this level as a Growlithe does not allow them to learn the move Extremespeed they would have learned as an Arcanine. This can be easily fixed by taking the Pokemon to the move tutor and paying a fee as the move itself is not available through any TMs.

31 years old
Quotey things
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Jance can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Mew
Sychronize
Lv.100
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Jance posted at Oct 5 2016, 09:51 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Dunno if this is already planned for but maybe we could have a couple research labs setup where trainers can revive fossils and that maybe offers other services.. These could also double as locations where Researchers can be associated with, similar to how the Ranger stations work.

Also I know we have the pet shop in Uberrime but was thinking there could also be an adoption center in like Campana that would have either randomly generated pokemon that changes monthly, a bit like starter pokemon, or trainers can actually put their own pokemon up for adoption.

----------

22 years old
why is yikes plural?
why so many yike...
Open Inventory
LC:
ZIPZAP CAT
zip and zap
Lv.50
83%
Kaladin
Protean
Lv.50
86%
Calypso
Prankster
Lv.23
32%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Shafaer posted at Oct 13 2016, 05:46 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
@Koo: yes yes, likely just a matter of time before we get groomers up. actually one of the more simple threads for us to put up but i take forever doing it... expect this eventually

@Kenkou: fun fact: literally anyone can function as a move tutor-- as long as someone has a pokemon with a move you want on your pokemon, as long as they can learn it you can spend the time to tutor! http://pokemonpledge.jcink.net/index.php?act=Pages&pid=10#learning more info here. we probably will have npc move tutors at some point, though! i can definitely see gyms also functioning this way.

@Jance: we definitely need to get some research labs and stuff for researchers put up. i'd love for there to be a mechanic where researchers can "unlock" hidden potential in some pokemon, stuff like undomesticating, unique moves (like ash's bulbasaur's Dig which i adore to this day), and more. basically improving pokemon without breeding, which will be limited in its own way

and we're definitely adding more pokeshops-- these just take a while to make. campana has been given an egg nursery! eventually, okeanos will have a proper adoption center, caecus will have very expensive domestic/specially breed show pokemon, and agri will have livestock (perhaps as auctions)

... just a few quick things to give you guys something to nibble on. Feel free to keep throwing suggestions or expanding upon ideas I've put up here <3

14 years old
a young bean
Open Inventory
LC:
Peridot can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Peridot posted at Oct 18 2016, 08:22 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Mega Evolutions and Bonds

Okay, so this is just... an idea that I had while we were chatting about Megas and stuff in the Discord. Obviously, from the title above, it involves Megas and something kinda based off of "battle bond" or whatever.

SO.

In the games and even in the anime, mega evolution is implied to be based on the strength of the bond between a Pokemon and their trainer, but in this case, it's their link percentage. Not all Pokemon have megas, and I just thought it would be... really hecking cool if there was such a thing.

Perhaps when the link between a Pokemon and their companion becomes 100%, they become capable of their own, <i>unique</i> (player-designed) mega evolution. An example of this could be Bob and his beloved Flygon's link is at 100%. In battle, Bob could have Flygon mega evolve just like any other mega would.

When designing unique megas, perhaps the player could have a photo of the mega in question and then what stats ME-ing would boost/change and a new ability (if it is going to be changed) for it. They'd then have to have it approved by the staff. This would be so that megas aren't abused and become overpowered.

Perhaps, instead of just having it be able to happen without a mega stone, maybe allow members to craft mega stones for just their pokemon in particular like... Bob makes a Flygonite so that Flygon is capable of mega evolution. But this kinda violates the 100% link thing idk yet. If stone crafting does become a thing, maybe have an NPC that's just... super wise about megas and also super good at it. Maybe having a mega stone helps boost the mega or something like... make it stronker.

Also, maybe make battle bonds like * sighs * Ash-Greninja a thing where if you get to 100% link, you can either make a mega or have battle bond be a thing with that pokemon and just like... rekt everything because AG is like, W AY better apparently according to Versilify. this would also be cool bc it wouldn't be quite like a mega but make the pokemon stronger and stuff and just super close to their partner or something.

Thispostisamessi'msosorry.

----------

24 years old
papa chaos
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Orb
Water Bubble
Lv.33
100%
Cotton
Fluffy
Lv.33
100%
Pixel
Honey Gather
Lv.33
100%
Hurdle
Own Tempo
Lv.34
100%
Aster
Battery
Lv.34
100%
Burger
Blaze
Lv.34
100%

Sloth posted at Oct 20 2016, 04:55 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Since Egg Moves aren't as easy to obtain as they are in the game (breeding takes a lot longer to achieve and you don't always want to lose your favorite Pokemon you start with) perhaps allow them to be won in contests or tutorable under special circumstances.

----------
user posted image

28 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
jjm239 can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A