PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

Add Reply
📄 New Topic
📊 New Poll

>  Music for the Soul, Campana Town, 5 years ago
This user is currently Offline.
16 years old
Keep running forward. Keep smiling. But most importantly… Don’t look back at the darkness.
Open Inventory
LC:
Julia Davis can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Buddy
Sap Sipper
Lv.5
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Julia Davis posted at Mar 7 2018, 12:02 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Over the past few months, determination had begun to return to 11-year-old Julia's face, replacing the downcast eyes and gloomy frown that had, in turn, replaced her childhood optimism after the accident in the abandoned mine shaft that had taken part of her left leg. Every day, eyes narrowed, she pushed her new leg to its limits until her physical therapist or her parents had to tell her to stop before she did more damage--and even then, it was hard to convince her to actually listen. She wanted more than anything to walk and run and play again, and as far as she was concerned, nothing was going to stop her.

Which was why it was frustrating when something did stop her. She tried not to let it show, determined as she was to stay optimistic about this whole process, but her parents could easily see how the glimmer in her eyes warped into anger or faded into dejection, no matter how hard she tried to keep a smile on her face. So they'd come up with ways to divert her attention away from those negative feelings ranging from having her friends over to staying in for a family movie or game night. Tonight, though, would be a bit different.

Julia's physical therapist was in Caecus, a bit of a trip but worth it for the higher quality of care she could get there. While there, Julia's mother, Teresa, had vaguely heard of a violinist by the name of "Lele" but hadn't given her much thought until some of the locals had started talking about her unique performance, which apparently included dancing. And when Teresa found out that the violinist's next performance was scheduled to be in Campana Town, she proposed a family outing.

"I think it'd be fun," Julia's father, Jack, said with the smile that made it clear where Julia had inherited most of her optimism from. "We haven't had a chance to go out as a family in a while."

"Oh, yeah, we haven't," Julia said like it was the biggest revelation of her life. "Can we go?"

"Of course!" Teresa chimed in.

"Yes!" Julia pumped her fist with a grin, this time accompanied by the bright eyes her parents had come to miss over the past year. Buddy, the Skiddo curled up at Julia's side, smiled.

@Lily Flowers

20 years old
"Glitter makes everything better."
Open Inventory
LC:
Lily Flowers can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Mar 7 2018, 02:44 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
The area around the young performer was bustling. It was almost too much for the young teenager. Who was doing one of her first tour performances here in Campana. Thankful that Tenma was able to help her even get this started. Teen paced along back stage. Hearing stage hands getting ready, her parents talking in the background. Tenma had been here earlier, but he left to go attend some business. Knowing he would watch though eased her mind.

Her parents approached her, smiling fondly at their baby girl. "Hey Lily, after the show, we're going to have meet and greets. How do you want to do that?" They valued her opinion on her business life. Lily looked at them, frowning and looking slightly in a small panic. "U-uh. Kids first?" She squeaked at the, rubbing her hands together. That nervous fidgeting was there, taking a deep breath. "The show starts soon. I need to get ready."

Going off, the first finished getting her costume on. Well costume was not the right word. It was just a simple white dress. One that she could easily move around in and dance easily in. With her still exploring this form of performance, she tried to make it as easy on herself as possible. It was curtain time though.

Nerves. A lot of nerves.

Taking a step onto the stage, Lily froze at all the people that were here. Was the entire town of Campana here?! And more?!

Arcues help her.

@Julia Davis

16 years old
Keep running forward. Keep smiling. But most importantly… Don’t look back at the darkness.
Open Inventory
LC:
Buddy
Sap Sipper
Lv.5
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Julia Davis posted at Mar 8 2018, 08:37 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Julia hadn't understood why her mom had insisted that they get to the venue early, but when she ended up with front-row seats for a sold-out show, she was glad she had, even if she was still fidgety and impatient for the show to start. She kept sitting up in her seat, trying to get a look behind the curtain every time she heard a sound, eventually pushing herself up with her palms braced against her chair to get a better view (which earned her a gentle, concerned scolding from her mom).

Finally, the curtain slid open, revealing a green-haired teenager in a white dress, which immediately drew Julia's attention because a) Julia thought she'd be older and b) the green hair was pretty cool. The teen didn't immediately start playing, though. Instead, she took a step onto the stage and froze, taking in the full house she had attracted.

"Poor girl must have stage fright," Teresa murmured after a few moments.

Julia turned in her seat to get a better look at the other attendees. Wow, there really were a lot of people, huh? But Julia still didn't quite get it--if she'd had the chance to perform something for this many people, she'd be excited, not nervous! As she turned to face the stage again, still pondering this, she caught a glimpse of her dad moving his hand; a closer look revealed that he was holding a thumbs-up at stomach level and looking up at the stage, hoping to make eye contact with the nervous performer. Julia's mouth formed an "o," and then, with a grin, she copied his action, not yet comprehending its subtlety: A stomach-level thumbs-up would easily be seen by the on-stage performer as long as she looked down at it, but it didn't draw attention away from her, either--after all, this was supposed to be her show, even if she was nervous. Julia nudged her mom with her elbow, trying to get her to join in, but Teresa, worried that such a display would just look ridiculous on her, just offered an encouraging smile to the girl.

@Lily Flowers

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Mar 8 2018, 08:47 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The silence over the crowd unnerved her. The urge to flee back behind stage was strong. The only thing that kept her locked in her spot was the thought of Tenma being disappointed. It had been quite a few years since meeting the man. He encouraged all Lele did. So she would do this. Pools of blue flickered down to the front row of people. Eyes locked onto the young girl, who gave the thumbs up. Eyes went wide, and her jaw slacked. Even what she assumed was the girls father was doing it, and the mother was smiling.

That kick started Lily.

Violin went to her neck and chin was placed onto the chin hold. Bow went to strings, and the sounds of slow melodic music started to fill the arena. A foot slid forward, as she moved forward with ease. While still playing as well, she went to the edge of the stage. Looking down at the family below, winking at them. Walking back, her music kept slow, till a sudden high note was struck. Lily had her back to the crowd, but there was a smug look over her face. Nod was given to the music crew, and other music started to fill the stage.

It was quicker. Like dance music, almost.

Lily's playing suddenly turned tempo and matched it, her spinning around on one heel. Raising her leg high into the air as she kept playing. Lowering her leg, body swayed and rolled. Keeping the notes even on her violin as she kept playing. It was not an easy feat, but Lily was going to perform her best.

@Julia Davis

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Buddy
Sap Sipper
Lv.5
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Julia Davis posted at Mar 9 2018, 07:54 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Julia's grinning mouth opened when Lele's eyes met hers. Her hand lowered itself back into her lap as slow music began to fill the air, and her smile fell into a more curious look. Then, Lele winked at her, and her whole face lit up, even when Lele turned around and walked toward the back of the stage. She played a sudden high note, and a moment later, more music joined the violin, whose notes came faster and more energetically. Lele spun around on one heel to face the audience again, and the real performance began.

The music had Julia tapping her right foot as she watched Lele dance on the stage, still playing perfectly (at least as far as Julia could tell; it wasn't like she was a musical expert or anything). The energy of the performance rose from the tips of her toes to permeate her entire body; at one point, she found herself (along with several others in the audience) clapping her hands to the beat while her upper body bobbed back and forth. On one side, her dad was moving just as enthusiastically as Julia was; on the other, her mom was more subdued but still smiling and tapping her hand against her knee as the music played on.

Normally, Julia didn't like being confined to one place. She preferred running around and being active, which was one reason losing part of her left leg had taken such a toll on her. But this? This was fun! Letting the music fill her seemed to make something within her move, even when her body was still in its seat. It was like she was up on the stage dancing with the performer with no handicap to stop her.

It was liberating.

@Lily Flowers

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Mar 10 2018, 06:36 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
The concert played on. The crowd going wild for Lily. The young girl was thriving off their cheers, like it fed her very soul. Music played on for minutes, that lead into a few hours, till it would sadly come to a close. Lily was panting on stage, bowing to the crowd below. Who was still cheering and going mad. Of course it boosted the young girls confidence. "Thank you all for coming!" Lily announced over the stands, before returning to go back behind the curtains.

Her parents were on her in an instant. Hugging her and congratulating her for the great show. Shaking in excitement, she shook her head at them. "Come on! It was just.. okay.. anyway. Um. I wanted to do the meet and greet stuff over with. I'm really tired so I want to get home and do this quickly. though there was some people in the front row I want to meet."

The dad stared t her, lifting a brow. "Why?" He questioned his daughter. "They er, kinda got me going. I froze and they were giving me nice thumbs up. So I wanted to thank them? Is that weird?" Now paranoid she was being silly about this. Her mother shook her head. "No that's great dear! We'll send some stage hands to get them."

"Great!"

At that, said stage hands went to collect the Davis family.

@Julia Davis

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Buddy
Sap Sipper
Lv.5
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Julia Davis posted at Mar 13 2018, 07:12 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Julia felt like she cheered the loudest when Lele bowed and thanked everyone for coming. (Of course, she could have been wrong, but it was hard to tell when the music was still playing in her very soul, drowning out just about everything else.) She'd never thought the violin could be so exciting! She'd always thought it was one of those boring, stuffy instruments that people only used in classical music, but man, was she wrong!

"That was so cool!" she said to her parents when Lele was offstage.

"It was, wasn't it?" Teresa asked, wearing one of her rare relaxed smiles. "I wonder if she sells CDs..."

"Let's go find out!" Julia scrambled for her crutches, but before she could get up, an unfamiliar voice spoke up:

"Excuse me."

Julia looked over to see a man and a woman in plain dark clothes with the venue's logo on the fronts of their shirts.

"Is something wrong?" Teresa asked.

"No, no, not at all!" the woman said, her voice chipper. "Lele said she wanted to meet you--we wanted to catch you folks before you left."

"Really?!" In an instant, Julia's glowing smile was on in full force. She turned to look back and forth between her parents. "Can we go? Please?"

"Of course we can!" Jack said before Julia could open her mouth for more "please"s.

"Then if you would follow us, please," the male stagehand said.

Julia grinned as she and her parents followed the two backstage, Julia using her crutches to support herself even with her prosthetic leg. (Her dad had told her that using the crutches would help her build "awesome arms," which had quelled Julia's impatience to get rid of them.)

"Why do you think she wants to meet us?" Teresa asked in a low voice.

"'Cause we gave her thumbs-up!" Julia replied. "Right, Dad?"

Jack nodded. "I think that's it, yeah. She looked nervous before she started--I think we gave her a good boost." He smiled at his daughter. "Just goes to show that being nice to someone can go a long way, huh?"

Julia had heard that from both of her parents before, but after tonight, it would be etched into her heart forever.

@Lily Flowers

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Mar 14 2018, 02:36 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
As the woman lead them into the back of the stage. Lele was standing there with her parents. The talking among themselves. The young girls back was too the family being brought too them, till Lele turned on a dime to see them. A bright smile came over her face, before she frowned suddenly. Seeing Julia on the crutches, ocean eyes looked her over. Trying to find what caused this- the leg. They lingered there, before going back to Julia's face. Giving her a huge smile.

"Hello! I'm Lily. Who are you?" She closed the distance between them in an instant. Not wanting to make her walk more on those crutches just to get closer too her. Her parents followed suit, saying hello tot he parents. Her mom, Rose, grinned. "Hello, my daughter asked to see you three personally. She says you helped her get over her jitters." The dad nodded his head, smiling. "This is her first performance, so thank you."

Lele kept smiling though, focusing on Julia now. "I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you. If I had.." trailing off, it was rude to keep talking about that. Though it did not stop her from forming ideas in her head. Maybe she could find a way to help her? Did she need help? Is she okay? Biting her lip a bit, she shook her head softly. "Thank you for coming."

@Julia Davis

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Buddy
Sap Sipper
Lv.5
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Julia Davis posted at Mar 21 2018, 06:47 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Julia froze when Lele's bright smile turned to a frown and her eyes landed on Julia's prosthetic leg. Fortunately, the green-haired girl made quick work of closing the distance between them, saving Julia from looking too much like a Deerling in the headlights. When it took Julia more than a second to start speaking, her dad glanced down at her and put a hand on her shoulder before saying, "Nice to meet you. We're the Davises--I'm Jack, this is my wife Teresa, and this is our daughter, Julia." Teresa gave a shy little wave when she was introduced, and hearing her name snapped Julia out of her stupor and brought the smile back to her face.

"Hi!" she said. "I really liked your show."

"I'm glad we could help," Jack said. "It would have been a shame for that talent to go to waste over a bit of stage fright."

Julia wasn't quite sure what Lele meant when she said she hoped it wasn't too much trouble. What could have been trouble? Giving her a thumbs up? But before she could ask, Lele simply shook her head and thanked her for coming to the show.

"You're welcome," Julia said. "I had a lot of fun! But what do you mean, too much trouble? What was?"

Teresa watched the two girls with rather obvious trepidation, shifting on her feet. She'd seen the frown Lele had given Julia, and despite Lele's current smile, it was obvious what it had been about, especially with her hesitating like this. Jack, fortunately, seemed more relaxed, ready to diffuse any situation that might come up because of his daughter's leg. Lele seemed like a nice girl, so he doubted there would be any teasing or anything of the sort, but people tended to get weird or, in the worst cases, accidentally offensive when it came to Julia's disability.

@Lily Flowers

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Mar 22 2018, 06:22 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Oh no.

She asked what she meant.

This was not good.

Lele quickly had to think of something different to say, right? She really did not want to be rude- but- Sighing heavily, she lowered her head in a small bow, and almost a bit of shame. "I'm sorry, if I had known it was difficult for you to get back stage, I would have came too you. I apologize- I'm being so rude. I didn't mean too.." She was looking ashamed of herself. Until her father stepped forward.

"Lily, you are not being rude. You're just concerned for your fan, no? I'm Rowan. This is my wife Rose, and obviously this is our little Lily." The father beamed, then going to offer to shake hands with Julia's father. Rose walked up to her mother, smiling at her. "Your daughter was so sweet to encourage Lily here. She's been nervous all day about performing."

As the adults talked, Lele went closer too Julia. "Did you really like the show? This is my first one ever. I was... really nervous. I had a lot of people watching.." Namely, she had someone she wanted to impress watching the show. Even if he wasn't back here right now. "You're the first fan I've actually met! This is exciting."

@Julia Davis

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Buddy
Sap Sipper
Lv.5
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Julia Davis posted at Mar 26 2018, 07:49 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"It's okay!" Julia blurted out, seeing Lily looking embarrassed and ashamed. "It just means I can build up my awesome arms!" She leaned on her good leg so she could release her grasp on her left crutch and flex. She was no bodybuilder, that much was for sure, but Julia's active lifestyle combined with her current situation had given her a fair bit of muscle to be proud of. It was way better to focus on that and not how much she was struggling to walk again.

While the adults all talked and got their introductions out of the way, Julia's voice dropped to an astonished stage whisper: "This was really your first show? It was so good! And I'm your first fan? That's so cool." Her eyes went huge and starry at the idea. "Oh, oh! Can I have your autograph?" That's what fans did, right--ask for autographs?

@Lily Flowers

This post has been edited by Julia Davis: Mar 26 2018, 07:49 PM

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Mar 26 2018, 11:54 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Lele was giggling at Julia, nodding her head excitedly. "Yes! You're my first fan, and of course I'll give you an autograph!" And without much notice, a stage hand came and offered her a marker. Not sure what she could sign, though. Biting her lip, she glanced at the leg. Would she like that? Or would that be too rude?

Oh where was Tenma? He was better at this. He'd normally handle all this interactions Lele was so terrified of. Her hands started to wring nervously, a habit she was going to have well into adulthood. "Um.. .what would you like me to sign? I wanna make sure you keep it.."

@Julia Davis

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Buddy
Sap Sipper
Lv.5
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Julia Davis posted at Apr 4 2018, 01:14 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Whoops, Julia hadn't thought of that part. She'd just kind of assumed Lily would pull some paper out of thin air and sign it or something. Julia looked herself over and dug through her pockets, letting out an audible "Hmmmmmm..." all the while. Her prosthetic leg wasn't really suitable for writing on, as thin as its current iteration was, and all she had in her pockets were some loose change and candy wrappers she still hadn't thrown away (another whoops).

For once, Teresa spoke up before her husband did, addressing Lily directly: "Do you have any CDs yet? I know this was your first performance, but do you have anything prerecorded?"

"Oh, yeah!" Julia beamed up at her mom and then eagerly turned back to Lily. "You could sign one of those!"

"If you have any, of course," Teresa chimed in, voice softer. Julia's dad was right: She really was a Nervous Nancy.

@Lily Flowers

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Apr 6 2018, 05:52 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Miss Flowers does have CD's, yes."

Came the voice of Lily's PR. Who stepped forward with a confident smirk over his face. Leaning down, he offered the case over to Julia. Looking towards Lily, he then offered her a sharpie. "Here you go, dear." Lily frowned at how he just came out of no where and handled this. Well, that was one way to handle it!

"Well I guess I can sign this!" Giggling, she got the marker and started to scribble her name onto it. A big 'Lily Flowers' with a flower drawn on next too it. Also adding to Julia at the bottom of it. "Here you go, I hope you like it!" Handing it over towards her, she soon paused a bit. Wondering if there was a way to keep in touch?

Lele's parents had turned their attention to talking to Julia's, asking their professions and how their work was. Just friendly adult banter. Lele scooted closer to Julia though, smiling. "Hey! do you like, got a phone? Or a way I could send you letters or something?"

@Julia Davis

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Buddy
Sap Sipper
Lv.5
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Julia Davis posted at Apr 7 2018, 05:43 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Julia had no idea where this guy had come from, but he had one of Lily's CDs, so that made him cool. She grinned and took the case from the mystery man and then held it out so Lily could sign it with the Sharpie she'd been handed. She didn't even seem to notice Lily's frown at this incredibly convenient development.

"Yay, thank you!" Julia hugged the newly signed CD to her chest.

As Julia's parents talked about their jobs--her dad worked in the mines, and her mom was a breeder--Lily asked her about phones and letters. "You wanna send me letters?" Julia asked. "Isn't it usually the other way around?"

@Lily Flowers

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Apr 8 2018, 07:52 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"It's no problem! I'm more than happy for you to have the CD and an autograph!" Lily said with a smile. Looking up as her parents and her PR were talking to Julia's parents. It let Lily at least have a moment to talk to Julia like a normal teenager for a second.

"What? No it's totally fine! I'd love to write you. It gives me something to do other than practice all the time!" Smiling brightly, she clapped her hands together excitedly. "Maybe even we can meet up sometime? It would be so awesome to be able to hang out with someone! I've been so busy with working for this show I'd really love time to hang out with people!"

That got her PR's attention, glancing down at the small girls. Lily was right, she worked hard for this performance. So letting her gain a new friend wasn't in the worse intentions, after all.

@Julia Davis

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Buddy
Sap Sipper
Lv.5
15%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A