PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO HUDOR REEF
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Swanna Staryu Remoraid Luvdisc Finneon
With such a plethora of wildlife swimming just beneath their feet, it's no wonder that the residents of Hudor Reef have their proverbial pick of the litter when it comes to seafaring Pokémon. Staryu cling to the bows of ships, while schools of Remoraid and Luvdisc swim alongside fishermen. Hudor's official bird is Swanna.
Glittering just under the water's surface and sprawling for miles, this reef edges the shore, and provides a hub for fishermen and trainers alike to catch Water-types, especially the abundant Corsola. Overzealous trainers may find themselves quickly outnumbered by the large schools of wild Pokémon, or even worse, fishermen who'd really rather you handed over that Magikarp, there... Those few souls who have chosen to live above the reef have created a mini colony of wooden boats and rafts, tied together by bridges of makeshift floats, and mostly consist of former Piscari residents, now separate from the land and having formed their own unique culture. Hudor natives have a deep respect for the ocean, and strictly ban fishing for any reason other than for food or direct linking. Poachers are immensely distrusted, and will have a hard time even talking to the locals.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Thalassophobia, Carvanha Swarm
This user is currently Offline.
26 years old
"Life is a rainbow, be all the colors."
Open Inventory
LC:
Azelia Pie can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at May 11 2018, 08:06 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The reed had not been a place Azelia had visited since she was a young child. Not since her surfing days. When she would hang out on the reef, swimming with the pokemon, chilling with the locals. Though days were in the past though, Azelia had not touched a surf board in years, much less really gone swimming. So getting here was a feat in it self. It took a lot of self encouraging and telling herself repeatedly this was for her work.

Sighing when she finally arrived to the floating city. It felt like she was visiting an old friend. The waves made the town sway softly. The sounds of the waves and the small bustling of people,it was like music to her ears. Inhaling the salty air, she gave a heavy exhale. "Okay! Let's do this Azelia. We're here to try and collect fish babies, so that's what we're going to do."

Clapping her hands together, she then placed her hands behind her head. It was such a nice sunny day, she was able to dress light for once. A simple tank top, shorts, and sandals. Looking around, she was trying to spot a local who could tell her anything about the local schooling fish of the reef. She had more than enough Magikarp, so she needed to find others.

Walking along the swaying boards of the floating city, she would try and wave down someone.

"Yo! Excuse me! You wouldn't happen to know what's been swinnin' around here, do ya?"

Pokemon: Magikarp (Vanilla)
Level: 2
Ability: Domestic
Moveset: Splash, Watergun
Link: NA
Unique trait: Partly Albino

Pokemon: Magikarp (Bone)
Level: 1
Ability: Rattled
Moveset: Splash, Water gun
Unique trait: Medium Sized Illumination Bulbs
on the ends of the whiskers.

Pokemon: Magikarp (Crimson)
Level: 1
Type: Fighting
Ability: Domestic
Movest: Splash, Mach Punch

years old
Wild Pokémon has appeared!
Open Inventory
LC:
Wild Pokémon can link with up to Pokémon at a time!

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Wild Pokémon posted at Jun 27 2018, 08:30 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

WILD TRAINER APPEARS!

A frequent visitor to the area, she is an excitable young woman ready to jump in the water.

At the stranger both talking to her and waving her down, the girl turned to Azelia and smiled nicely, ready and willing to go on about it for days. She started without much other prompting, not bothering with formalities like names or other silly business. "Course I do! I come here all the time, I love this place!" she started, a corsola by her side that had nearly continued walking without her, now looking between the two, quiet and a bit impatient to get in the water. "Normally there's tons of corsola around here, it's where I found Milly here! And there's staryu and finneon, even swanna fly around sometimes! They're so pretty..."

Then her face fell a little bit before she continued, clearly not liking her next bit of news. "Then these mean carvanha started hanging around, they're fine when there's just one or two but a big pack of them tried to take a bite out of Milly!" the girl picked up her pokemon, Milly mewing a bit and clearly not liking the story, though she showed no lasting injuries or marks she still seemed troubled by it. "They're lucky I'm no fighter otherwise I'd come back here with a pikachu and show them who's boss!" she said, getting herself wrapped up in everything that she was talking about before realizing she was still interacting with a stranger.

"I'm sorry, I haven't even given my name, I just get carried away when anyone tries to mess with my friend. My name is Allie. Nice to meet you!" she didn't extend a hand to shake or anything like that, simply gave a nod of her head while holding her corsola quite close to herself.

[ Hidden Content - Reply to see! ]

@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jun 30 2018, 03:26 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Well, Azelia was not expecting such a heated answer back. Rubbing the back of her head a bit, she then rose her hands up. "Whoa, whoa, it's all cool chickade. I doubt they're that bad, I heard somewhere through some rumors they might be friendly?" Though Azelia wasn't 100% sure on that. She just really wanted one of the pokemon, because after getting Zane one she kind of fell in love with it.

"Anyway, uh, you mind showing me where they're at? I wanna see 'em."

Not wanting to say she wanted to take one home, not after her reaction about them. Looking at her pokemon though, a brow rose. "Well aren't you a cute little beauty?" Smiling at the water type, she felt at the balls in her pockets. Not too keen on letting her karp out if there was a chance the pokemon were as mean as Allie said.

years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Wild Pokémon posted at Jun 30 2018, 10:44 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

WILD TRAINER APPEARS!

A frequent visitor to the area, she is an excitable young woman ready to jump in the water.

She would take a breath and let the air huff out through her nose, knowing that she was worked up about nearly nothing. "Maybe they're not that bad..." she admitted, looking down towards the ground for a minute before perking right back up, all that usual energy back up to speed. "I'm still just not gonna go near where we were though." she would point over to an area not far from the two of them, the water seemed to get deeper quicker over there as the small waves came in a bit bigger.

"We were over there, I think they like the deeper water over there, so me and Milly are going the other way." she gave, the corsola in question looking up to Azelia with a bright and excited look in her eyes. The pokemon gave little pedaling excited motions at the colorful woman and was generally excited to get back in the water without having to defend herself this time. "You're welcome to go catch 'em or beat 'em up or whatever you want, that's what they get." she gave, clearly still a bit upset about her once heart friend. With that she would walk off, in a huff and wanting to be away from the general area.

@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 1 2018, 04:48 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Azelia soon started to grow annoyed with the girl. Arms crossed over her chest, and a brow arched. Usually she was not one to call someone out on crap, but this just struck the wrong nerve with her for some reason today. Was it because of how much of a water-type lover she was? Or the fact she worked with the most misunderstood fish in the world, so seeing others treated with disrespect annoyed her? Either way, she let her mouth speak before her mind did.

"First off, they're pokemon. Some of them eat each other. Second off, this is a ocean. Of course there is going to be pokemon that eat meat and try to take a bite out of you" Azelia knew that feeling to well, the shuddering thought of her surfing accident years back- it made her blank out, before shaking her head violently to bring her thoughts back.

"If you ask me, you shouldn't even be training a water type if you can't appreciate all of them." In just as much of a huff, Azelia would head off towards the direction the girl had mentioned the pokemon were at. Wanting to ignore the confrontation now and just get to work on catching or linking with the possible fish. Going to the edge of the floating planks, she pulled out a pokeball and released Bone.

"Bone baby, can you go look around for mommy and tell me if there's any fish like the one back at home? The orange and blue one?"

A gulp came from the karp, as he disappeared beneath the surface to go looking.

years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Wild Pokémon posted at Jul 1 2018, 10:16 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

WILD ???? APPEARS!

Unknown yet powerful forces seem to lurk in the water, calling to the pokemon and it's trainer.

The girl would leave with little more than a bit of sass about her. Rather than fighting with the woman over how she should be living and existing with her corsola the girl would simply leave, wanting to go play and swim rather than argue. As she disappeared and Bone came into the water though Bone would hear little more than distant noise, faint echoes of high pitched calls and pokemon voices.

All the water around Bone the magikarp would be entirely empty save for the consistent waves and the small growing plants at the bottom. The closest to a sign of another pokemon would be the distant calls of some pokemon or another. While for the moment they seem to have a good distance, the noises would be quick approaching. The noises and sounds would be nearly playful, like a pair of mates that wanted Bone in on their fun, but perhaps this was a trap?

There was only way that either Bone or his trainer could know for sure, and that was to go towards it. Though perhaps even staying still may find Bone in the company of whatever was emitting those sounds, growing in volume by the second.

@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 1 2018, 10:31 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Azelia honestly didn't like that she could not see. Frowning a bit, she watched the waves. Within her gullet, she felt the raising fear of bubbling there. Memories of her accident came back, as her hands trembled as she gripped her shorts tightly. Gritting her teeth, she shook her head slowly. She would simply need to wait for Bone to come back, but she could at least put her feet in the water.? No that even bothered her. "Urgh."

While Bone's partner struggled with herself on the docks, Bone started to swim around slowly. Hearing the voices as he gulped towards them. The glowing bulbs on his whiskers floated within the current of the waves. With the distant voices, he started to swim towards it slowly, but he kept back as he looked towards the shadow of the figure that was his trainer. It seemed he would just be waiting, not wanting to travel to far.

years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Wild Pokémon posted at Jul 1 2018, 11:00 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

LATIOS AND LATIAS APPEAR!

A couple of friendly legendary pokemon have come by to say hi! But why won't the girl come swim?

As the magikarp kept still, the voices would nearly instantaneously take shape, nearly swimming right past but stopping at the sight of the odd magikarp with light up whiskers. The voices in fact were a duo of pokemon, each similar in shape but one in blue and one in red. They twirled around each other and moved at nearly breakneck speeds, cooing and seeming to be in the middle of a fantastically fun time wasting activity known as tag.

When the two spotted the light up magikarp they both instantly knew they wanted to be friends. Seeing the outline of a trainer though they would each give another of their sounds, perhaps taking better form as communication. The red one of the two would speak first, Is your human alright? Have you lost something? they would ask, while the blue counter part poked it's head out of the water only slightly, giving a sound that seemed more like an echo than an original noise, before tilting their head towards the water.

If the two were going to play with the magikarp they might as well play with the human too! While the human likely couldn't understand them, the karp may gain some knowledge from the blue forms noises Come on, we just wanna play! Come in the water! most ocean life seemed to be absent from the water anyway, though the pair could never understand why since they were only chasing each other.

@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 1 2018, 11:14 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
As Azelia kept up with her mental fight over if she should get into the water or not, dark hues glanced down to see the head poke out of the water. Hands instantly shot to cover her mouth, repressing the squeal she was to echo over the area she was sitting at. Was... was that Latios?! Of course the surfer knew of the blue dragon type. Azelia had done research back in school of the legionaries. Of course there was always myths surrounding the blue pokemon, but the main one was that it was never far from it's partner, Latias.

Did that mean it was below the water? Leaning over, she squinted as she made out shapes deeper within the water. Looking at the Latios, it seemed to try to be beckoning her into the water. The fear gripped her again, as she struggled to comprehend what on Earth was exactly going on. It just wasn't processing to her. That could not really be Latios, could it?

Within the water Bone was blinking a few times. He did not know of the pokemon, because he had not been taught of them. But something told him they were of great importance, and should be respected. Looking at Latias, he shook his head slowly. Nothing is lost, and my trainer is nice, she sent me in here to look for pokemon. Seems I found some. My name is bone. Looking up at the Latios went to try to get his trainer to come down, he gave a very tiny frown at this. She's scared of the water, it will take a lot to get her to come in.

years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Wild Pokémon posted at Jul 1 2018, 11:23 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

A couple of friendly legendary pokemon have come by to say hi! But why won't the girl come swim?

Latios waited patiently for the girl to come in, not sure why the girl wouldn't want to swim with their pokemon until the magikarp began talking to them. While Latias was very relieved that nothing was wrong and they were only looking for pokemon, it was sad to hear that she's afraid of the water. No one should have to be scared of the water, it was so much fun! You were looking for friends! That's beautiful. Latias started, looking to the magikarp. We were too, but we got caught up seeing who was faster Latios finished, dipping their head back in the water to say so.

Once that was settled though Latios would come entirely out of the water, looking around to be sure there weren't any other humans for just a moment. When they decided no one was close enough to be a bother, the blue partner would float themselves in front of Azelia, perpendicular to her and offering to give them a ride. Don't be scared! We've got you! Latias would pop their head out like Latios previously had, nodding and agreeing along since the human couldn't understand their speech.

If she was scared of the water there was no need to go in, but if she was nice then they wanted to be friends! Maybe they could all go find more pokemon together like the rainbow haired girl seemed to want.

@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 1 2018, 11:32 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Dumbfounded. That was the only way to describe what was going on with Azelia right now. Jaw was dropped, only staring in shock at her theory was proven true. Seeing the Latias pop her head out, Aze felt like she was in some weird fever dream. Shaking her head violently, trying to come back to her senses. She smacked her cheeks a few times, making sure she wasn't daydreaming. No, it was still there. Poor lass was having a hard time trying to figoure out what they wanted, till her eyes saw Bone popping out of the water.

Gulping at her, he jumped over the Latios, trying to motion for his trainer to get on it's back. Doing the jump a few more times till hopefully Azelia understood. It only took her a few minutes, before looking at the Latios. Shakily sh stood to her feet, going to reach out slowly for the blue dragon. "If-if-f you're sure, my dude."

If Latios showed no disagreement, Azelia would go and ease herself onto the back of the dragon type. Arms would inch around his neck, and her grip was a little tight. Being scared still of the water, but far too in shock from the fact these two pokemon showed up it had her thrown for a loop.

years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Wild Pokémon posted at Jul 1 2018, 11:40 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

Latios was happy to wait for Azelia to get it, however it was that her and her pokemon had to communicate in order for her to understand. Since the two of them couldn't talk to her and she was scared of the water they were happy to give her whatever time and help she needed. At her words Latios would chuckle, the sound coming out high pitched and giggly, as though a fairy were laughing. Course I'm sure! he would hover a bit above the water, going slowly back over to Latias as she also came out from the water.

The two of them would float rather close to each other, moving themselves so that her pokemon was on the other side of them. If she was scared of water they didn't have to go in, but it wouldn't be any fun for Bone to try and carry him. Once the girl was on his back the blue dragon would move out further into the water, slow and understanding but wanting to help. They didn't mind the tight grip in the slightest, giving water fearing pokemon a ride over the lake was something that Latios felt like he specialized in.

Meanwhile Latias was vaguely concerned that she wouldn't like going out further. You'll be alright! We've got you! she tried to offer, though it was again in that echo like high pitched pokemon sound language that only Bone and Latios would have understood.

@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 1 2018, 11:50 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
As the Latios took her further out into the water, her grip tightened a bit. But eventually, she started to loosen, seeing as they weren't going to drag her under. Looking down at her feet that were just dangling just above the water. Seeing Bone swimming to keep up with them as he bubbled towards them, he was excited to see his trainer actually trying this. It meant she could be getting over her fear? he did a flip out of the water, trying to encourage her.

Azelia smiled at him, gaining a bit of courage as she let go of the Latios's neck. Spreading her arms out to feel the wind around her. The smell of the ocean, the sea breeze, it brought back the good old memories of surfing. When she rode the waves and swam with the pokemon of the deep. Not when she was terrified, but when she was one with it. Sh longed for the feeling again, but she feared it would never happen again.

"...I totally need a picture with you two. Would you let me do that?" came Azelia asking the twin pokemon, going to reach into her pocket and pull out her phone to show them what she meant. If she was going to meet them, she was going to have PROOF she met them, dang it!

years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Wild Pokémon posted at Jul 2 2018, 12:06 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

The two were very glad to see that Azelia was loosening up to the idea of it, and even better loved the fact that her pokemon loved her so much to try and encourage her about the whole event. All of it was just beautiful and almost as good as going top speed below the water. As the girl seemed to be getting better about it Latios would pick up a little speed, wanting to be careful not to outdo Bone. The duo was well aware that all sorts of cool pokemon hung out further from shore and the four of them could make the best friends farther in.

That, and these two might be in danger further in if they weren't around. The pair were well known and respected among the local pokemon and no one would dare mess with them even if they were always friendly. Azelia could make all kinds of fish friends where they were going! When the girl took out her phone the two of them only recognized it as a thing that records stuff, and were both happy to do that. Latias would nod happily, the two of them slowing nicely to a stop so she could do so. Friends have to remember each other after all! They would let the rainbow haired girl take all the photos she wanted.

@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 2 2018, 12:14 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Grip on the phone was tight, being glad she had invested into a waterproof phone. Then again, the tanks at home had ruined many phones in her lifetime. So now it was waterproof and going to stay that way. Bringing the phone up, snapping several pictures with herself on them. Grinning as she switched it over to video to start taking a video. Her face was lit up in pure glee. "Look my dudes! This is totally radical! It's Latios and Latias!" Motioning the camera over the two pokemon, before closing the video and then grinning. Sending a few pictures to Vida and Zane. Pocketing the phone again, she looked at them with a huge smile. "Thank you!"

Bone snorted at Azelia getting her phone out, knowing for a fact she was going to end up screaming to Zane later. Looking at the water below, then at Bone, biting her lip a bit. "Hey Bone, do you see what we're looking for down there? We've came pretty far out.." She said, looking back at the two legionaries in front of her. "Thank you so much for bringing me out here."

years old
Open Inventory
LC:

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Wild Pokémon posted at Jul 2 2018, 12:46 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

While neither legendary at all minded pictures or even videos to be taken, their presence alone would distort and even corrupt every single image. It wasn't something they could control, they were simply hard to document due to their pure power and significance. After all, how would they still be myths if their presence was so easily proven? The girl's friends would receive pictures that looked as though they were taken through intense funhouse mirrors, or even ones broken altogether. None of them would prove as significant images or videos surely.

At the mention of looking for something Latias would be quick to reply, looking to Bone What are you looking for? she'd ask, a friendly and conversational tone to her voice. They were fairly far out and could probably find just about whatever they wanted if they started looking. Of course they'd be happy to help look. It was no fun to go too fast if Bone couldn't keep up so their best option was to go find more friends to play with while the girl gets more comfortable with the water. No problem! They'd both give in unison, moving towards even deeper waters with an excited joy.

@Azelia Pie

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Orange
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Gold
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Alabaster
Domestic
Lv.6
N/A
Azure
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Vanilla
Domestic
Lv.2
N/A
Bone
Rattled
Lv.1
N/A

Azelia Pie posted at Jul 2 2018, 01:03 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Azelia hadn't paid attention to the pictures or video, as she looked into the water. Biting her lip, she clung tighter to the Latios. Looking back to the reef, she felt very self conscious to the fact she could get stuck out here. Trembling a bit, she closed her eyes. Taking a few deep breath, she needed to calm herself. If she got stuck, she had her pokemon. Her magikarp would swim her back to shore. Nodding her head, she looked at the twin pokemon. "I came out here looking for carvanha, but honestly I'd be fine with any water type? I raise fish."

Bone nodded his head as she said that, bubbling happily as Azelia talked. "She does, she raises us. Azelia is a very good human, always making sure we're taken care of." Bone praised his trainer, before swimming around them in a circle slowly. "She was really interested in the carvanha, but I know she'd be happy if she even found anything."