PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO UBERRIME CITY
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Pidove Pichu Elekid Helioptile Pawniard
With cities come pests, and Uberrime has its fair share of annoyingly domesticated Pokémon. Pichu and Elekid form strange social packs, working together to rifle through the bits and pieces left outside of diners and cafes. Helioptile, originally introduced to feed on the massive Pichu infestation, are now just as big of a nuisance, sunning themselves on the stone sidewalks and occasionally snacking on the overweight Pidove that flock to Uberrime. Pawniard trained by the local branch of Rangers work to keep crime - at least, the obvious kind - to a minimum. Uberrime's official bird is Pidove.
The very definition of opulence, Uberrime is packed to the brim with shining metal buildings, bustling shopping centers, and the latest in technology from researchers around the island - and even from other regions. Far and away the most advanced city for miles, Uberrime boasts a multi-story gym, highlighting Steel and Electric-type Pokémon, along with an alternative route through which those less inclined to fight can answer puzzling questions to advance. Those with scientific interests will be right at home, especially researchers, who will no doubt find work in any field they please. Breeders, however, may find themselves up a proverbial stream without a proverbial paddle, as Uberrime's population is inundated with the latest in pure blooded oddities and attractive award-winning Pokémon. Oddly, Uberrime seems to have no discernible culture, nor has it ever...

Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  City Traffic Puzzle, interaction, ichigo
This user is currently Offline.
23 years old
they say that dreaming is free,
but I wouldn't care what it cost me
Open Inventory
LC:
Nerina Lif can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Harper
Infiltrator
Lv.8
42%
Dozer
Comatose
Lv.1
N/A
Skrelp Egg
Lv.0
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Nerina Lif posted at Dec 19 2017, 06:03 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Egg Post 15 of 25

god help the girl
Five o'clock was a bleary hour this time of year, especially with the recent spurt of rainstorms. Drawing her hood up over her head didn't do much good against the wind, so the woman had just given up; the rain slid down her face and over a scowl. All of her usual "vaguely sheltered" busking locations had been taken, and the smell of wet dragonbat was something she... tried to avoid. I thought five would be early enough to avoid this bullshit... Maybe I should have taken Spirit. I'm burning so much time now. Nerina stood with the crowd of people at the crosswalk, waiting for cars to pass as she fiddled with the strap on her guitar case. The garbage bag over her equipment rustled, and she whipped around to make sure it wasn't blowing off. "Sorry!" I think I hit someone. Whoops. Luckily, the bag held. Good. I was owed that, she grumbled heavenward, not exactly sure who was supposed to hear.

The egg in her breast pocket shifted. "Oh, no you don't. Not today." She glared at it until it stopped, then suddenly noticed that the crowd had left her behind. "Shit!" The woman hopped into a light jog to make it across the street in time. There! Finally, an awning between buildings that hopefully covered an outlet presented itself, and she rushed over to snag it before anyone else got any ideas. It wasn't long before her amp was plugged in and she was sitting almost merrily on top tuning her guitar.

tag: @Ichigo Hitsubaki
it's so nice to thread with you!

----------

now I'm crawling towards the sun
appplottertrackerpc

26 years old
The higher I get, the lower I'll sink. I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim.
Open Inventory
LC:
Ichigo Hitsubaki can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Nioi
Intimidate
Lv.15
28%
Jianyu
Bulletproof
Lv.1
N/A
Asynja
Adaptability
Lv.1
N/A
Yurei
Illusion
Lv.1
N/A
Svatnir
Early Bird
Lv.8
26%
Salmei
Inner Focus
Lv.5
25%

Ichigo Hitsubaki posted at Dec 21 2017, 01:07 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Ichigo pulled her scarf tighter around her neck and up around her ears to add some protection from the chilly wind and rain. It was some absurd hour of the morning, so early that even if it weren’t obscured by the clouds, the sun wouldn’t be out yet - and yet her patrol had started an hour ago. She’d honestly thought she was going to freeze her tits off, it was that bloody cold. The obnoxious cream coat she wore over her ranger’s uniform was the opposite of what regulation demanded, but it was the warmest one she had as well as being the most waterproof. And she’d be damned if she showed up to a 4AM shift in the dead of a rainy winter in anything less - besides, her Ranger’s badge was clipped to the belt of the coat, so it wasn’t as though people needed to see her uniform.

She’d lucked out when she’d been given this section of the city; most of the buskers hung out here and she was always happy to catch a show. For the first hour she’d been a little worried, though; the dreary weather hadn’t cleared up and she’d been worried that the performers wouldn’t be out today to brave the rain and the cold. She’d been pleasantly surprised when the streets became crowded with the morning rush and she spotted the performers as usual, setting up their equipment wherever they could find a somewhat dry spot. She had to hand it to them, she was impressed with their work ethic; she would have happily stayed home today with a hot cup of cocoa and a warm blanket if she’d had the option.

She offered the performers she recognized a small wave as she passed them, receiving a wave in return from most who noticed her - which were most of them, given the way her fiery hair stood out amongst the crowd. Nioi wasn’t trotting along beside her today, the rain and the crowds would have made the poor pup miserable, so she was tucked safely in her pokeball again. It was actually starting to get on Ichigo’s nerves; she liked to use patrols as an easy way to get in some extra walks for the hyperactive pup, but the weather and the crowds had made that impossible in the last few weeks.

She almost missed the brunette sitting under an awning; in fact she probably would have if it weren’t for the plucking of guitar strings that drew her attention. She did a bit of a double-take when she saw her. She knew that girl, had seen her performing plenty of times before, but she almost didn’t recognize her without the large, singing Noivern by her side. She’d never actually introduced herself before for exactly that reason, but she’d always wanted to. Before she knew it, she was practically trotting over to the girl, fishing some money out of her pocket on the way. Shit, she only had fifties - although, she’d have dropped that much by now if she did it on the regular anyway, so she figured it worked out.

“Mornin’,” she greeted cheerily once she was close enough, offering up a slight wave of her hand, “I’ve seen ye ‘round a bit but never introduced m’self - yer dragon, he’s uh, a bit intimidatin’ - so uh, hi! I’m Ichigo.”

She motioned towards the guitar in the girl’s hands with a grin, “I’ve caught a couple o’ yer performances before, yer real good. Never game enough to get close enough to give ye a tip tho, soooo-” she handed over the fifty dollar bill, rocking back and forth on her feet almost nervously. Talking to girls out of the blue was a whole lot harder than talking to guys.

@Nerina

+1 pt [festive scarf]

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Harper
Infiltrator
Lv.8
42%
Dozer
Comatose
Lv.1
N/A
Skrelp Egg
Lv.0
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Nerina Lif posted at Dec 21 2017, 05:22 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Egg Post 16 of 25

god help the girl
Hair that red wasn't easy to miss, so when Nerina saw it was attached to a badge-toting Ranger, and one who was walking towards her quickly, at that, she set down her guitar and clutched Harper's Cherish ball closely, finger hovering over the release. Guitars are cheap. Amps... aren't but we'll figure it out, and I don't even know what I'll do to feed this egg once it hatches. He can probably fly pretty far, and then we can just run to the shelter, I'll get on Spirit and we can be back in — "Mornin'!" – oh shit she's here.
"Morning, ma'am, my name's Nerina," she said, her tone carrying an edge of wariness. But as the other woman explained herself, she took a deep breath and relaxed into the conversation, pushing her angry internal monologue to the back burner in favor of a good first impression. At the mention of Harper as intimidating, she raised an eyebrow. "Oh, he's just a big puppy, really. Not even once you get to know him. All the time. He's only gotten worse, now that he's realized he's a foot larger than I am." She nodded at the woman's next words, then reached for the bill with gratitude at the tip of her tongue, before reading the numbers and gaping. "Miss... I mean, Ichigo, I can't take this!" Nerina offered it back, incredibly flustered. "This, this is so much! I mean, I, uh," she fumbled, "I don't want to seem ungrateful, I'm not, I mean, it's... I can't take all this, I wouldn't be able to, to..." She trailed off, not knowing what else to say. I wish Harper was here, but I don't want to scare her...
what a cutie!! also sorry for a second short post. I'm running on fumes right now, but I wanted to get at least something up.

This post has been edited by Nerina Lif: Mar 16 2018, 10:01 PM

----------

appplottertrackerpc

26 years old
The higher I get, the lower I'll sink. I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim.
Open Inventory
LC:
Nioi
Intimidate
Lv.15
28%
Jianyu
Bulletproof
Lv.1
N/A
Asynja
Adaptability
Lv.1
N/A
Yurei
Illusion
Lv.1
N/A
Svatnir
Early Bird
Lv.8
26%
Salmei
Inner Focus
Lv.5
25%

Ichigo Hitsubaki posted at Dec 29 2017, 11:51 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
If Ichigo noticed the way the girl clutched the cherish ball in her hands at her approach, or the way her eyes darted around like a trapped Pokemon searching for an escape route, she didn’t mention it. Her cheery demeanour didn’t falter at all, even when the girl spoke and her tone had an edge to it that proved her wariness.

Of course, she had noticed - she hadn’t spent her life around canine Pokemon to be completely oblivious to the signs of something in distress, and that happened to include people as well - but that only made her play up the cheer a little more. Humans were easier than Pokemon, sometimes - easier to understand and easier to reassure when they had social niceties ingrained into them that tempered their baser instincts.

She gave a noncommittal shrug at the mention of the dragon’s dog-like nature. “I don’t doubt dat, ‘s more like a phobia tho, not somethin’ I can really control ye know? Had an unfortunate run-in wit’ a mean ol’ Dragonite when I was a kid an’ it soured me on ‘em a bit.”

She barked out a delighted laugh when Nerina tried to turn down her offer of money, scratching the back of her head sheepishly. “I mean, yeah it’s a lot, but think of it dis way; I’ve been meanin’ to drop in fer a bit but was too chicken shit to actually do it, so dis is ‘bout the amount I’d ‘ave given ye by now ‘nyway!” She tapped her chin thoughtfully, a thought occurring, “Plus, ye know, ye guys probably make my job a bit easier ye know. Pretty sure people ‘re less likely to go ‘round committin’ crime when dey’re in a good mood - an’ music always puts people in a good mood! Or, well, it works fer me at least.”

@Nerina

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Harper
Infiltrator
Lv.8
42%
Dozer
Comatose
Lv.1
N/A
Skrelp Egg
Lv.0
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Nerina Lif posted at Jan 25 2018, 06:00 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Egg Post 18 of 25

god help the girl
"Oh, I totally understand. I'm afraid of fire, actually," Nerina offered. "It's... a long story." She cocked her head a little as the woman continued. Chicken shit? Once they finally got back to a topic Nerina understood, she nodded politely. "I'd like to think that. I'm... just here for what money it gets, y'know?" She shrugged. "To be honest, though... I'm not sure I can keep this up much longer. I've..." The woman wrestled the small brown and green egg out of her jacket pocket. "Well, I found this little guy by the side of the road on my way into town a few weeks back. I know there's something in there – I grew up on a ranch," she offered by way of explanation. "I know eggs. What I don't know is what's inside. And, y'know, if this guy gets to be the same size as Harper, well, busking won't pay the bills, even with kind strangers like yourself."
she's so niiiiiice

----------

appplottertrackerpc

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Nioi
Intimidate
Lv.15
28%
Jianyu
Bulletproof
Lv.1
N/A
Asynja
Adaptability
Lv.1
N/A
Yurei
Illusion
Lv.1
N/A
Svatnir
Early Bird
Lv.8
26%
Salmei
Inner Focus
Lv.5
25%

Ichigo Hitsubaki posted at Mar 13 2018, 11:51 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
That was just a teeny, tiny bit ironic. So much so that it had Ichigo rubbing the back of her neck with a sheepish grin. “Guess it’s a good thing I ain’t got my girl out wit’ me den. She a Growlithe - doesn’t much like the rain, so I guess it ain’t all bad dat the weather ain’t dat great today? Else we wouldn’t be standin’ ‘ere.” Which was true; the rain was the only reason that they could meet in person, without their respective Pokemon by their sides. Neither of them would have approached otherwise. Talk about a lucky encounter.

“Sh-yeeaahhh, no kiddin’. I bet dat fella could eat ye outta ‘ouse an’ ‘ome no problem. My pa has dragons - even the lil ones can eat a ton. Another one o’ dem an’ ye’d ‘ave trouble even on a ranger’s salary.” It wasn’t as if they were rolling in money - stationed rangers didn’t make nearly as much bank as the unaffiliated ones who took bounties, but at least their paychecks were guaranteed.

She nodded at the egg, still holding out the money. “If ye can’t take it fer yerself, consider it a holiday gift fer dis lil fella.”

@Lee

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Harper
Infiltrator
Lv.8
42%
Dozer
Comatose
Lv.1
N/A
Skrelp Egg
Lv.0
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Nerina Lif posted at Mar 13 2018, 03:43 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Egg Post 20 & 21 of 25 (incubator)

god help the girl
"I... alright, miss, for the little fella," Nerina finally conceded with a smile. She tucked the money into the egg's pocket. It'll be good insulation for now, right? "Thank you so much, ma'am. I think he might be hatching pretty soon, so this will probably go towards his first check-up," she explained honestly. "I'm lucky that people are a little happier to give this season, even despite the weather. We should be able to make it, but I've been thinking lately I might like to find a new job. Maybe I'll even try to pick up a fancy badge like you," she joked. The woman settled back on her amp and hoisted her guitar onto her lap, offering as she did so, "But really, the very least I can do is play you something. Do you have any requests? Without Harper, it'll be just guitar and voice. He's drums, bass, and keys."
if this keeps going the egg might hatch during this thread :0

This post has been edited by Nerina Lif: Mar 13 2018, 03:43 PM

----------

appplottertrackerpc

26 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Nioi
Intimidate
Lv.15
28%
Jianyu
Bulletproof
Lv.1
N/A
Asynja
Adaptability
Lv.1
N/A
Yurei
Illusion
Lv.1
N/A
Svatnir
Early Bird
Lv.8
26%
Salmei
Inner Focus
Lv.5
25%

Ichigo Hitsubaki posted at May 1 2018, 12:15 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
“Dat ain’t a bad idea, we could sure do wit’ a few more rangers runnin’ ‘round. Especially women - I mean, I ain’t complainin’ ‘bout all the eye candy we got in the bullpen, but it’s gettin’ to be a real boy’s club in dere, y’know?” the last sentence was phrased like a question, though it likely wasn’t meant as such. The redhead bounced on her heels, like she was full of restless energy that just had to be let out somehow.

“Dat’s pretty nifty, I never though o’ usin’ Pokemon fer bandmates b’fore. I reckon I got time to stick ‘round fer a song or two, ye know anythin’ by Paramore?” she clasped her hands behind her back and cocked her head, mentalling going through a list of songs that she knew. “Ye don’t mind people singin’ along, do ye? Music is kinda my thing. Well, at least I like to think it is.”

@Nerina

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay