PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO CAMPANA TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Fletchling Sunkern Cherubi Skiddo Deerling
Treated more like pets than pests, the local wildlife of Campana is extremely docile, especially thanks to their free access to chunks of Eviolite from construction sites. It's common to see "wild" Pokémon adorned with ribbons and bells, a sign of just how close Campana's human residents are to their environment. Campana's official bird is Fletchling.
Quite possibly the most normal, comforting town in the region, Campana Town is a hub for breeders, ranchers, and the odd trainer, proudly boasting the official Grass-type gym of the island's league - a point of pride for such a small settlement. Made up of a series of gently rolling hills, Campana's homes are built into the earth, creating a hidden city of tunnels and passageways - and making it a good place to hide away from the pressures of city life. Because their entire infrastructure is built into the earth, mining is hugely important in Campana, with much of their income coming from the accidental excavation of precious metals and gems, including Eviolite. With an almost startlingly mixed population, Campana welcomes outsiders with open arms, and has become a mini hub of diversity, with the original culture being nearly lost by this point in time. Older natives do have a heavy Irish brogue, however, and most of the population is white.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  A Winter Set-Up, Interaction w/ Civen
This user is currently Offline.
21 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Annika Starrling can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Lilianne
Chlorophyll
Lv.20
29%
Nommos
Water Absorb
Lv.27
16%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Annika Starrling posted at Dec 27 2017, 11:01 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Annika tugged the powder-blue scarf around her neck up a bit higher so she could easily tuck her nose in it. The wind was brisk and the parts of her head that got less circulation--nose and ears--were pink and starting to ache a little. Once she'd realized she'd forgotten her hat, she would have turned around, but the walk across Campana was not long and she would hate to keep them waiting because her thoughts had been preoccupied. The rest of her was adequately bundled, so she really would be alright. The young woman glanced to the Deerling trotting silently through the snow next to her. Her coat had made it's full winter transition to brown on top of cream, but her unusual orange remained as it always did. The ribbon holding her soothe bell in place about her neck had been replaced with a more festive one that was red and white stripped with little white poofs dangling from it.

Both woman and Pokemon were carrying a colorful gift bag, green and gold tissue paper sticking artfully out the top. Annika's mother had asked to visit the Corwells and bring them their gifts. It wasn't anything fancy, just a collection of different cookies, candies, and other homemade treats she and her mother did every year for different family friends and people at the center. Celeste had mentioned something about Civen needing more friends...? Being only three years younger, she had certainly spoken to him on quite a few occasions. He'd seem nice enough, if not maybe a bit chatty, but it seemed to be he talked when he was nervous. She wouldn't think he'd have a hard time making friends, but maybe his parents were concerned about the kinds of friends? The white-haired woman saw nothing unusual about parents of children who were grown still fussing over their social lives. She certainly did it for some of her friends who were older or patients at the center. Good friendships were important! So, after tending to the Pomeg Berry in her berry pot, they were on their way.

Annika couple checked the house numbers as she finally turned onto the correct street, her relieved breaths coming in puffs from under her scarf. She was sure to knock the snow from her fleece-lined boots and to help Lilianne with her hooves before taking the steps onto the cleared path to their front door. The researcher pulled her scarf back down so she could speak clearly after giving a firm, but not very loud knock.

Berry Pot: Pomeg berry

@Civen Corwell

This post has been edited by Annika Starrling: Jan 19 2018, 01:31 PM

23 years old
shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
Open Inventory
LC:
Civen Corwell can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Tater Tot
corrosion
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Civen Corwell posted at Dec 27 2017, 12:19 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
wow, I probably should have stayed inside my house
Civen loved his parents. Really, he did.

But when his mother woke him up from a very nice couch-nap with a double fistful of freshly-pressed clothing and insisted he needed to change right now immediately before it's too late hurry up and he was left wondering why he was holding a vest, of all things, and a button up shirt, sometimes he wondered if they hadn't reached that age when they needed to be looked after by someone with special degrees.

He stared at the clothes in confusion as he sat up, his mother already off in the kitchen chattering loudly about such a lovely girl and you'll really like her and that was all Civen needed to hear to know they had company coming. What was wrong with what he was wearing? He already had a button-up on--okay, it was flannel, so what? And sure his pants were casual, but he was at home, what was wrong with that? He grimaced and folded the clothes neatly, setting them on the arm of the couch as he got to his feet. When his mother walked in and saw what he'd done, she made a dismayed sound.

"No, no, sweetie, put them on, don't fold them!" She took a step towards him, stopping when he moved to stand in front of the clothes. "What? You don't like them? We can pick you something else! You really should look your best, Annika is a very nice girl!"

"Yeah," Civen frowned, pushing a hand through his hair before laughing. "And? I don't need to get dressed up for someone dropping by." His mother's face--contrite, her gaze sliding off to the side--was all he needed to see. He knew that look. "Mom, no. No, mom, you can't keep doing this, I'm an adult, I can--"

"You can not, not laying on the couch all day!" His mother propped her hands on her hips, and Civen gave her the biggest are-you-kidding-me look he could muster. He'd been working just two hours prior! "Okay, not all day, but you know what I mean!"

"I told you, I'll--"

The knock stopped them both, but Civen's mother was the first to move. He nearly tripped over himself on the way to the door, catching himself on the arm of the couch; his mother threw it open and beamed at Annika, opening her arms in invitation. "Annika! Oh, sweetie, you look so beautiful today! Come in, please, and your pokemon too, what a cutie! It's so cold out there, isn't it? Oh, come in, warm up a little, Civen will be ready soon!"

Civen shot his mother a look as he pushed himself upright, then offered the visiting researcher a hesitant smile. "...Hi. Annika. Happy holidays." Nope. Not awkward. Totally normal.
BY MITZI

+1 post

This post has been edited by Civen Corwell: Jan 27 2018, 02:00 AM

----------
user posted image

21 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Lilianne
Chlorophyll
Lv.20
29%
Nommos
Water Absorb
Lv.27
16%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Annika Starrling posted at Dec 30 2017, 03:13 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Annika's cheeks, already tinged pink by the chilled wind, turn an even deeper shade at Mrs.Corwell's compliment. She ducked her head appreciatively, smiling shyly. "Thank you very much, Mrs.Corwell. You look lovely as well." Her voice didn't dip as quiet quiet as it might have down when she younger, having grown into a tad of confidence over the years since she started travelling more outside of her hometown. It had become necessary to adapt to be truly successful in her ventures. The young woman and her Deerling entered the house, Lilianne bowed her head in greeting that made her soothe bell and additional jingle bells chime together. Annika reached up to loosen her scarf after entering the much cozier home. Her emerald eyes found Civen quickly, a friendly smile curving her pink lips. "Hello, Civen. A happy holidays to you too!" The young man seemed a bit...hesitant? That wasn't outside of the ordinary, but she felt a little like he hadn't known she was coming.

She took the gift bag from Lilianne and added it to her own. "I have something for you..." She started, looking between the breeder and his mother. "It's nothing much, so please don't worry." She held on of the little bags, the red one with green tissue paper and gold ribbons to Civen with an apprehensive smile. She wasn't too worried about the gift itself, but more how it would make the quiet man feel. Some people felt truly awkward receiving a gift that wasn't expected from someone they didn't really know.

@Civen Corwell

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Tater Tot
corrosion
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Civen Corwell posted at Dec 30 2017, 04:09 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Civen cleared his throat awkwardly, sliding his hands into his back pockets for lack of anything better to do with them. Typical awkward-nervous gesture, paired with the darting glances at his mother, who was pointedly ignoring them. She, however, was every bit the practiced host, awwing over the presents. "You didn't have to do that! We've got something for you too, you know. Oh, let me go get it real quick!" She left the room before Civen could stop her.

He stared after his mother for a moment, then flashed Annika a slightly more relaxed smile, taking the gift almost hesitantly. "You really didn't have to, but thank you. And it's alright, really, we didn't do much this year either. We just-"

"Don't you dare spoil it," his mother warned as she hurried back in, holding a festive tin out to Civen. He gave her an odd look, then offered it to Annika slowly. Really, it was simple: sugar cookies, shaped like various pokemon eggs and decorated with colored icing. "We've been so busy making them all, I think we lost count!"

"Six hundred," Civen mouthed at Annika with a grin, eyebrows raising. In a normal voice he continued, "If you can't eat them, don't be afraid to say so. We've got some alternatives for people who have dietary restrictions. And don't be afraid to hide them from your family, keep them to yourself. It's what I'd do."

His mother rolled her eyes, then looked between the two and smiled a suspicious smile. "Should I leave the two of you alone? Maybe you should go out and do something?" Hint, hint.
BY MITZI

+1 post
+1 gift giving
+1 celebration

@Annika Starrling

This post has been edited by Civen Corwell: Jan 27 2018, 02:02 AM

----------
user posted image

21 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Lilianne
Chlorophyll
Lv.20
29%
Nommos
Water Absorb
Lv.27
16%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Annika Starrling posted at Dec 30 2017, 04:51 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Annika was a bit relieved when the giving of her gift wasn't received too awkwardly. She certainly hadn't expected anything for herself, but she knew it made things less weird this way, so she was happy to be thankful. "That's very kind of you." She called after Civen's mother as she whisked away from the mentioned gift. She returned her attention to the young man. "It really was not trouble." If Civen tugged the paper aside to view the gift, there were little bundles of cookies, candies, fudge, and roasted nuts wrapped in cellophane and secured closed with a colorful ribbon. "I really enjoy baking. There's a bit of everything in there..."

The white-haired girl covered her mouth to hide her amused smile at Mrs. Corwell returning just in time to chastise her son. She found it interested that the woman gave the tin to Civen to give to her, but tried not to put too much thought into it. She accepted the adorable tin with a beaming smile. "Thank you so much!" At his mouthed comment about the number of cookies made, Annika couldn't help but giggle. She cleared her throat. "That's very thoughtful, but this is fine. I might like sweets a bit too much. One would never have guessed this, as the girl was petite in all in forms. She turned to Mrs. Corwell and offered her the other gift bag, this one blue with white paper and a silver ribbons.

The woman blinked in surprised at the woman's next words, but then it made sense since her mother had been hinting that Civen needed friends. She smiled over to the young man. "I'm free if you are, Civen. I've been running around like crazy, so having some time to enjoy things would be very nice." She really liked the snow and hardly gotten a chance to play in it--she didn't care if she was twenty, making a snowman was fun.

@Civen Corwell

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Tater Tot
corrosion
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Civen Corwell posted at Dec 30 2017, 05:28 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Civen took the time to peek at the gift Annika had handed him and would have reached in for something if his mother hadn't nudged him suddenly. He glanced at her, then drew his hand from the package, smiling guiltily. Well, maybe not so guilty; it was a gift and meant to be enjoyed, after all, and what was wrong with enjoying it right now? Well, maybe it could wait, but it did look good.

He didn't let the moment embarrass him, however, and let his mother take the gift. "It all looks really good, thank you." As awkward as it might have started off, he couldn't help but smile, shrugging lightly. If nothing else, he seemed to be shaking off the initial nerves and--maybe even relaxing a little? Despite his mother's words, he managed not to look like he was going to crawl under the couch, at least. It helped that Annika was as nice as she was.

His mother took the other gift bag and crowed over it happily, immediately opening it. Before she could dig in too much, juggling the two gifts, she flapped what free fingers she had at the pair. "Go, shoo! Get out of here and enjoy the festivities. Civen, you be a gentleman now!" Before he could respond she bustled off again, completely distracted by the food.

Civen just shook his head, not bothering to look after her, and then smiled again at Annika and Lilianne. "Sorry about her. Your bells are adorable," he said to the deerling, then pulled his coat from a hook by the door. "Let's get out of here, yeah? Anything you've been itching to do? I feel you on the running thing. It'll be nice to take a breather." Like the couch nap that his mother had so rudely interrupted, but could he complain? ...Nope.
BY MITZI

+1 post

This post has been edited by Civen Corwell: Jan 27 2018, 02:04 AM

----------
user posted image

21 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Lilianne
Chlorophyll
Lv.20
29%
Nommos
Water Absorb
Lv.27
16%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Annika Starrling posted at Dec 30 2017, 11:07 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Annika barely managed to suppress another laugh when Civen was caught digging into his goodie bag. The deeper shade of rose returned her cheeks when the breeder smiled complimented her concoctions. He really did have a handsome smile and this was the most comfortable to had seen him. Perhaps it had something to do with being in his parent's home? That made sense, but hard to judge since she'd never really done more than greeted him. A twinge of guilt wiggled through her chest. She had likely been too busy with her studies to notice how kind he was and hadn't already made an effort to be friends. Was she one of the reasons he needed them? Because she hadn't taken the time before? The researcher shoved the thought aside--she was here now and was the important part.

Annika waved a hand in a 'quite alright' gesture after his mother disappeared with the goodies and he apologized for her. "Not at all, she's lovely." The Deerling took a step closer to Civen when he spoke to her, a voice chiming softly not too much unlike the bells he complimented. The firelily atop her head held gathered pooling water from snowflakes that had melted once they'd remained in the warm home. "I'm not sure you two have been introduced. This is Lilianne." The season Pokemon had been pretty much everywhere with the white-haired woman since she'd found her the summer before last, but once again, she couldn't remember if she'd properly announced her to him at any point. Why was she terrible at remembering little things like this?

As he moved to get his coat, Annika snugged her scarf back up. "Well, I love to walk and look at the decorations. I haven't had much chance to do that. Maybe we can grab a hot cocoa or cider from the cafe?" She would like the chance to play in the snow, but wasn't sure if he would. She decided to hedge it anyway. "I'm sure my Pokemon would enjoy a chance to play in the snow as we walk." Well, that was close enough, right? She exited the cozy home with him once her winter things were back in their proper place. 'You must have been baking for at least two days..." She mused, doing some quick calculations and coming to little over six and half hours just to bake them. They didn't include making the dough, cooling it properly, rolling it, or--and likely the most time consuming--icing them. She laughed softly. "There must of have been cookies everywhere." it reminded her so strongly of her kitchen during the holidays.

@Civen Corwell

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Tater Tot
corrosion
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Civen Corwell posted at Dec 31 2017, 12:44 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
If Civen had had any idea of the thoughts going through Annika's mind, he would have quickly tried to reassure her about it all. Really, he only had himself to blame for any lack of true friends--and even so, he had a few friends, just no one particularly close. And that was his choice, really--and his fault! He distanced himself from people purely from anxiety, not because he sometimes wasn't very good at social interaction or lack of trying on someone else's part. But he did not know her thoughts, and could only continue smiling at her, oblivious.

"She's something," he laughed in regards to his mother, shrugging into his coat. "But she means well. It's a pleasure to meet you, Lilianne, you are...absolutely adorable." His gaze softened as he was introduced to the deerling, holding a hand out for her inspection. "I think I've seen you around, but this will be the first time we've properly met. Just about the cutest deerling I've ever seen, and I'm not just saying that. Your flowers are stunning!" Whatever it was about pokemon, he seemed even more relaxed, expression lighting up with joy.

He turned his attention back to Annika at her mention of decorations and cocoa, looking--for a brief moment--extremely eager. "I was going to suggest the same thing. Cocoa and looking at the decorations. Everyone puts so much effort into them, they really should be appreciated, you know?" As if embarrassed, he stuffed his hands into his pockets, but the thought of playing in the snow kept a smile on his face as they left the house.

"There's certainly no shortage of snow," he pointed out, as if it wasn't obvious. "And uh, yeah. It's a thing mom and I do every year. We don't normally bake so much, but they didn't have quite as much luck with eggs this year, and not everyone wants an egg anyway, you know? So less eggs to give out, but we did the cookies instead, which is why they're egg shaped." He stared at the ground as they walked, then looked at Annika again. "Are you a cocoa or cider person? Have you ever tried peppermint in your cocoa? It's incredible! What's kept you so busy for the holidays? I mean, I can't complain--you know, getting the chance to see the decorations and hang out with you? That's, um. I'm happy you're here."

Was he rambling? Maybe a little. Call it nerves-meets-relaxing, and you get a mess of chatter from the breeder.
BY MITZI

+1 post
+1 seasonal (snow, cocoa, etc)
+1 celebration (decoration mention)

This post has been edited by Civen Corwell: Jan 27 2018, 02:07 AM

----------
user posted image

21 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Lilianne
Chlorophyll
Lv.20
29%
Nommos
Water Absorb
Lv.27
16%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Annika Starrling posted at Dec 31 2017, 05:56 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
The Deerling dipped her head bashfully at Civen's compliments, her cloven hoof pawing gently at the floor. If Pokemon could blush, she would be. At the mention of her flowers, the Pokemon gave a toss of her head, causing her hedge-mane to quiver with the movement and her bells jingled. While the flower on her head was always in full bloom, the ones in her mane followed the season. During this time of year they had closed into tight buds and nestled down into the hair. She followed the two humans from the house, stepping delicately between the two of them--not in any effort to separate them, but in desire to walk next to the human who thought she was adorable and beautiful.

Annika's emerald eyes shone with delight that Civen had been thinking the same thing. She nodded in agreement. "Oh, definitely. It gets so busy and it's a shame people don't take time to slow down and just enjoy the beauty of it all. It's a little sad...." She drifted off, thinking about it before giving a little shake of head and returning. "We'll appreciate it though!" Once they were through the yard and on their way down the street, she reached a gloved hand into her pocket and pulled out a Pokeball. With a push of the button a light erupted and pooled to the snowy ground before solidifying into a round shape. Once the light was gone, the Poliwag stretched, pivoting up onto their toes and extending their paddle-like tail as far as his could. Nommos then looked around and called out excitedly when he spotted Annika. The woman smiled and nodded. "Yes, Nommos you can play, but keep up." The water type cheered and dived into the nearest drift of snow.

"That's very sweet of you two! And I love that they're shaped like eggs." It was pretty clever of them really. At his question she pursed her lips in thought and hummed. "Depends really! I tend toward cocoa, but if I've had too many sweets, especially fudge, I go for the cider." She said the last bit with a bit a guilt at admitting her snacking habits. "I do like the the peppermint, but my favorite is a touch of pumpkin spice. Is cocoa with peppermint your favorite?" She inquired with sincere interest. "Mostly I've been helping mom at the center. It's a tough time for those who suffer from depression. We've been doing a lot of Pokemon assisted emotional therapy and it's doing wonders! That and my own insane amount of baking. I had to work a little harder this year, because someone ate two dozen cookies and a batch of divinity." Her accusing eyes slide to where Nommos was shoveling snow with his tail, but she didn't seem angry, mostly teasing.

Annika gave the young man a pleased smile. "I'm happy to be here too! I've been spending most of my time with Pokemon, it's nice to be with people." She admitted truthfully. She loved her job and wouldn't trade anything for helping the people at the center, but it was nice to doing something not so emotionally charged.

@Civen Corwell

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Tater Tot
corrosion
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Civen Corwell posted at Dec 31 2017, 06:23 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Civen took no offense from the deerling's chosen position, and would have even reached out to scratch behind her ears, if he hadn't thought it might be seen as rude to just go touching Lilianne without her or Annika's permission. It made his fingers practically itch just from the urge, because pokemon were incredible and he wanted to show them all affection, but he withheld for the moment at least. There might be a chance later to ask if it was okay, and he really did want to make a good impression. Annika seemed too nice to have to deal with rude behavior.

"What's the point of decorating if no one admires it?" Civen grinned and shrugged lightly, but when Annika produced the pokeball, his expression turned thoughtful. He didn't necessarily have anything against the devices, of course; they were necessary for a few reasons, not the least of which being theft prevention. It was dangerous to walk around in some areas, he had heard, with your pokemon at your side like Lilianne was with them, but Campana Town just wasn't that kind of place.

He watched with curiosity to see what was kept in the ball, delighted to see the poliwag, who he smiled warmly at. "Well, aren't you cute!" He grinned at Annika again--maybe the compliment was meant for more than just the pokemon, but he wasn't going to go out of his way to make that obvious. "It is, actually. I've never tried it with pumpkin, maybe I'll give that a shot." He couldn't help the excitement under his voice, because cocoa.

At the mention of depression, that excitement ebbed a little, nodding. "It's a good thing you guys are doing. I have family who've been there. I count myself lucky that I haven't had to." Not for depression, anyway, but there were times he considered seeking help for the anxiety that plagued him. Rather than get into that, because who really wanted to hear it (and he didn't want to discuss it), he looked down at Nommos skeptically. "That sounds like something I would do, to be honest."

Which was true. He'd eaten quite a few of the cookies they had baked. As they neared one of the closer cafes he turned to Annika, hands stuffed in his pockets. "Is it alright if I buy for you? I know some people aren't too comfortable with it, but I'd be glad to."
BY MITZI

+1 post
+1 celebration (decorations)
+1 seasonal (cocoa)

This post has been edited by Civen Corwell: Jan 27 2018, 02:10 AM

----------
user posted image

21 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Lilianne
Chlorophyll
Lv.20
29%
Nommos
Water Absorb
Lv.27
16%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Annika Starrling posted at Jan 2 2018, 09:21 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Being someone who closely studied both Pokemon and human behavior, Annika caught the pensive look that Civen gave Nommos's pokeball. He didn't look upset or anything, but maybe slightly...surprised? "He mostly just naps in it. But there are times in placed like Uberrime, that he's better off in there than running across the street and getting squished by a car." She wasn't defending herself, merely adding some prospective for the man to consider. The young woman tended to give other people the benefit of the doubt to an almost ridiculous degree--her belief in humanity's overall goodness more than what it typically deserved--and she found herself playing devil's advocate for others. There were many reasons for different things to be the way they were, but some people didn't like considering them. The world needed more empathy.

When he spoke to him, the Poliwag turned back to the man, staring up with wide curious eyes. After second he nodded, like the fact that he was cute was a well known one, before turning away to dive into the snow. Annika ducked her head a little as Civen grinned at her, getting the feeling that there was more in that compliment than met the eye. Reading human behavior and understanding the social subtleties were two different beasts, unfortunately. The white-haired girl reached down to stroke Lilianne's mane, running her slim gloved hands through it.

She hadn't meant to sober up the mood, it had honestly never made her uncomfortable talking about depression or the center where people went there to recover from both physical and mental illnesses. They were where they needed to be, what was sad about that? Her smile was a tad bashful. "It's very fulfilling. I just wish I could help more. The Lawder's brought over a new litter of Vulpix kits to do some Pokemon therapy. They were all wearing little gold coats with white trim and tiny boots. It was so adorable." The researcher gave the older man a side-long glance, shaking a shaming finger at him as she suppressed a laugh. "Shame on you." She teased him about admitting that he would have done the same thing as Nommos. "Difference is that they're made for you to digest, not Polywags. He had a tummy ache all night."

Annika's green eyes spotted the cafe, her attention lingering on the gorgeous wreath of while poinsettias and bright red holly berries. She turned back to Civen, her pink lips opened in a slight 'o' of surprise. It only took a moment for his words to fully register and her lips curve into a smile, her cheeks flushing with pleasure. "Oh, that's very sweet of you. Okay, but only if I can buy your a treat from GiGis." She bargained with the breeder. As they approached the cafe another couple exited, the gentlemen holding open the door for Annika, her two Pokemon, and then Civen who he gave a curt nod to. Once inside, the woman looked down to her Pokemon, but mostly Nommos. "Stay close, you two." There was no need to tell Lilianne that, but the Deerling took the opportunity to lean into Civen's leg and nuzzle her head against his hip.

@Civen Corwell

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Tater Tot
corrosion
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Civen Corwell posted at Jan 2 2018, 09:37 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Civen was not cowed by Annika's mock scolding. If anything else it made him feel more comfortable: if she could joke around, so could he, and that was a much better thing than trying to be proper all the time. What was life without a little humor? Without being able to tease or be teased? People who could give and take in equal measures were his favorite, and he kept it in mind in case the chance arose.

He considered her offer of a treat, eyeing her in a teasingly severe way. "Well, you know, people may come to joke about my status as a gentleman," because he had proven himself so much of one already, with his awkward start to things. A smile interrupted the act, however, and he shrugged lightly. "But I really can't say no to treats. Plus, it's only fair. I'd rather work with someone than for them, after all."

He smiled and waved to the other man before following Annika into the cafe, then dropped a hand to rub at Lilianne's head almost absently, as if he was used to such a thing. Which, to be fair, he really was. He spent a good deal of time with pokemon, so the affection of one wasn't anything unusual, even if it happened to belong to the lady he was on a date (he thought) with and they had just met.

There was no effort to keep from getting water on the floor from his shoes, not in the snow and during this time of year. He focused his attention on the menu instead, leaning closer to Annika and lowering his voice a little. "Would you believe I've never been in here? You mentioned pumpkin spice, right? I think I'll have to try that, take your word for it. You seem to have good taste." He flashed her a grin, eyebrows raising slightly. "What sounds good?"
BY MITZI

+1 post
+1 seasonal (cocoa, pumpkin spice!)

This post has been edited by Civen Corwell: Jan 27 2018, 02:11 AM

----------
user posted image

21 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Lilianne
Chlorophyll
Lv.20
29%
Nommos
Water Absorb
Lv.27
16%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Annika Starrling posted at Jan 4 2018, 12:47 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Annika gave Civen a reassuring pat on the arm. ”I’ll be sure they don’t sully your good name, Civen.” She promised before laughing lightly. ”Cooperation is much more preferred. I can be quite stubborn.” She nodded solemnly. The last statement as not completely accurate. The woman had certain areas that she was not easily swayed in, but outside of those, a fight wasn’t usually worth it. Her smile widened. ”Besides, you didn’t even get a chance to enjoy the treats I brought. Who knows how many will be left by the time you get home?” The researcher was fairly sure Mrs. Corwell wouldn’t eat his gift, especially with one of her own…

Lilianne released a little chime of pleasure as the man stroked her, leaning her shoulder into his leg. Annika had paused at the door to wipe her boots, but with business booming in the frigid weather, it was almost saturated with melted snow. Her emerald gaze drifted around the cafe, picking out and appreciating various decorations of garland, wreaths, bows, and lights. At Civen’s admittance, she gave him a surprised look, her brows disappearing under her white bangs. ”Really? That’s surprising! Do you just make it at home?” Campana was not the largest of towns and there were only a couple of places to get a hot beverage. Maybe he preferred more...adult drinks regularly? The only time she went into the local bar, The Skamory Pub ran by Alec, was to find a few of the town’s populace that suffered from alcoholism and check on them.

She hoped that he would enjoy her favorite variation of hot chocolate, a little worried that he wouldn’t and it would be her fault--but it was what it was. She could at least return the gesture. ”Then I’ll have cocoa with peppermint! If we find them truly terrible, we can switch.” She added with an amused smile. Annika didn’t think she would dislike it, since she liked both chocolate and peppermint--she even like normal mint and chocolate together. When it became their turn, she gave her order and stepped out of the way for Civen. Glancing down to check on Nommos, she was pleased to find that he was staying right next to her. She patted the water type on his head. ”We’ll find a table.” She told her companion, a fleeting glance confirming that Lilianne was content where she was, and moved with the Poliwag.

The pair were in luck, spotting a table as a group was gathering there things to leave. She smiled at them as they passed before claiming the spot and waiting for Civen.

@Civen Corwell

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Tater Tot
corrosion
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Civen Corwell posted at Jan 6 2018, 11:54 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Mm, my mom does," Civen admitted with a sheepish smile, glancing at Annika. "She makes batches in a pot with chocolate instead of powder, all kinds of things. Turns out really good, I'll have to bring you a cup someday. We usually just have it in December for the holidays." He was more than happy to pet Lilianne as long as possible and give her plenty of attention while still remaining upright and largely focused on Annika; it was too hard to ignore the pokemon, and she was too cute for that anyway.

Of course, he did sometimes frequent the local bars, but not for much. He was nowhere near an alcoholic, and his incredibly low tolerance meant he didn't drink in public often--or, really, in general. It just wasn't to his tastes most of the time, but some nights were more challenging than others, and a glass of wine or something would help him relax. As it was with other people, of course. The thoughts of alcohol were as far from his mind as possible as he nodded at her suggestion.

If nothing else, Civen was glad his mother had done this purely because Annika was nice. She seemed like the type of person he could get cocoa and chill with, without having to worry about being a nervous or rambling mess. He so often felt pressure in social situations to be the right way, whatever that was, but something about the researcher made him think she didn't care if he got a little worked up trying to sort himself out. Maybe he was misreading her, but if he stumbled over his words or stuttered a little, he didn't think she would judge him for it.

He gave his order when the time came, paid, and then moved aside to wait. Fortunately it wasn't long--cocoa was an easy drink to make--and he took the two cups, turning to meet Annika at the table she had claimed. He set hers in front of her and took a seat, flashing Lilianne a smile. "You're proving to be too precious, you know. Keep it up and I might just take you home with me. ...Not really, of course!" He laughed, turning to Annika. "I think she'd be a lot less pleasant if that happened, and I couldn't blame her. How long have you known these two?"

@Annika Starrling
+1 post
+1 seasonal (cocoa, pumpkin spice!)

This post has been edited by Civen Corwell: Jan 27 2018, 02:18 AM

----------
user posted image

21 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Lilianne
Chlorophyll
Lv.20
29%
Nommos
Water Absorb
Lv.27
16%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Annika Starrling posted at Jan 9 2018, 12:56 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Annika nodded in understanding. While the drinks here were good, cocoa was one of the things that was often times better made at home, especially if it was an old recipe you grew up with. It tasted like childhood, as she should say. "That sounds wonderful. I'm not very patient when it comes to seasonal drinks...the first day it's cold I'm making something." The woman laughed softly. While she drank most hot teas all year round, there were just certain things reserved for particular times of year.

The warmth in the cafe was slowly proving to be a bit much while still fully bundled. Once she'd acquired a table for them, she took a moment before sitting to unwind her scarf and remove her coat. Under she was wearing a fitted, gray sweater with a silver ribbon laced from her collar bone to the shoulder and ending in a bow. Her knee length skirt dark blue with snow flurries across the bottom. She smiled up at Civen when he and Lilianne joined her.

The Deerling preened at his compliment, settling next to his chair. Annika chortled at his joke. "Oh, I'm sure she'd go with you for a little bit, but then she'd get home sick. If you didn't being her back, she'd find her own way, even if that meant breaking a door down." The woman cautioned, bringing her mug to her mouth. She inhaled deeply, taking in the chocolate and peppermint scents before testing the temperature. Proving cool enough, she took a drink. "Mmm, that's delightful." She took another sip before setting it down to answer his question. "I met Lilianne summer before last. I was doing some research and managed to end up in a tumble off the path. I hurt my ankle, but she came along to help." Her emerald eyes found the Deerling, who returned her happily wistful look. "She knows heal pulse, which helped enough for me to get back onto the path. This one..." She turned her attention to Nommos who had taken the empty seat next to her. "We found his egg abandoned on Mrs. Hendrick's land--when the Rhyhorn got shifted here during the eruption. Still not sure how he got there...." She shrugged and took another drink.

"What about you? Have you taken on a Pokemon yet?" Annika had assumed not, since she hadn't seen any indication of him having one, but she could be wrong. It could be something wholly unsuited to a stroll through Campana and a drink at a cafe.

@Civen Corwell

23 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Tater Tot
corrosion
Lv.12
8%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Civen Corwell posted at Jan 11 2018, 08:09 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Civen seemed fine with wearing his own coat for the moment, though he smiled at Annika warmly when he noticed she'd shed her warmer outer layers. "I never much minded the cold, but my mom's the same way as you. First hint of cold and she's practically chugging hot drinks. I like your outfit, by the way" It almost made him laugh to think of it, but he wrapped his hands around his cup as a distraction, looking at the lid briefly.

He tried not to look too pleased at Lilianne's presence at his side, but in all honestly he probably looked like a kid on Christmas trying to downplay his excitement. Something about the deerling's attention w