PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO OKEANOS TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Wingull Clamperl Buizel Slowpoke Marill
Okeanos' residential Pokémon are generally very domesticated and comfortable around humans, as all aggressive Pokémon have been driven out of town by the tourism boards. Clamperl, rarely seen in the wild, are harvested here, collected in large man-made basins and kept for their useful pearl-creating abilities. Okeanos' official bird is Wingull.
A vibrant port town, earning capital from large transport ships which service the rest of the island, Okeanos draws in gym leaders, breeders, ranchers, and researchers alike with its variety of shopping options and official -type gym. As a relatively new settlement, many inhabitants of Okeanos are foreigners from other regions, and cultural tension is often high between these newcomers and those who were originally natives of Piscari. Recently settled tourists range all the way from French immigrants to Indonesian newcomers, creating a vibrant and diverse culture that can sometimes boil over with the many cultural differences between new and old residents.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Layers and Defense Mechanisms: An Unlikely Meeting, Percival and Akiko Interaction
This user is currently Offline.
17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Percival Blanc Lefebvre can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Splash
Torrent
Lv.12
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 12 2018, 03:25 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Percival typically wasn't a large fan of the beach. Sure, he wasn't opposed to it, but he didn't like showing so much skin. Even with his very concealing swim attire, he felt almost bare. But, his Pokemon loved the beach, and so he continued to constantly go there. Besides, he needed to get used to water before his next gym battle.

And so, trainer and Pokemon had been at the beach for a while now, training in one of their daily regimens. Percival was growing tired of paddling around in the water, commanding his Mudkip, Splash, to dive in between large rocks and strike disks out of the sky.

And so, he decided to chat with one of the non-trainer looking guests on the beach. He spotted what looked like a family, with a little girl. Seemed like interesting conversation. And so, the pale-skinned male called back Splash, and clambered up to where the family was sitting. "Mind if I sit down?"

@Piprika

This post has been edited by Percival Blanc Lefebvre: May 12 2018, 03:25 PM

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Akiko Kumori can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.24
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
16%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.8
2%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
N/A
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at May 12 2018, 04:21 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The family were all gushing over each other. Angel, Akiko's mother, was adjusting the neck tie of her daughters swim suit. The fair-skinned woman looked like she didn't belong in the sun. Good thing they had that giant umbrella! Once she was sure she had Aki's string nice and tight, she freed her daughter of her clutches. "Alright dear, you're- wait no you need sunscreen, we're going to bake out here if we don't!" Angel got up, throwing her long black hair into a messy bun as she went to fetch the sunscreen.

Aki gave a low groan at this. Her mother was endearing, but she knew she was right. Leaning over on the towel she sat on, she looked up to see an oncoming stranger. Growing tense, she looked for her mom ."Uh- mom-" But she stopped as the teen asked if they could sit. Titling her head curiously, she was about to answer before her Hoppip, Buttercup, came and flopped into her lap.

Huffing softly at the pink creature, she shook her head. "Um, I-I don't mind." She told Perci, starting to wring her hands. Then Buttercup went and nudged her hands to calm her down. Smiling at the hoppip, she started to pet her instead to distract. Maybe she should let out her furret and turtwig to enjoy the sun? Maybe.

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.12
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 12 2018, 04:37 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Thank you." Percival squatted down on his haunches. "You seem a little younger than the typical trainer. How long have you had your Pokemon?" Percival was a bit outgoing, but socially awkward unless given a topic to pursue. He was quite knowledgeable, but social contact was certainly not a forte. And so, that was the best he had.

As he grimaced from that awkward start, he continued, "Do you have a favorite Pokemon type? My favorite type overall is the Grass type. Especially Turtwig and Phantump."

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.24
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
16%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.8
2%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
N/A
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at May 12 2018, 04:48 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Akiko was terribly shy and very awkward. If it wasn't obvious on the stressed look on her face. Till her mother returned, tilting her head. "Oh hello there! I'm Angel, are you a friend of my daughter?" Kneeling behind her daughter, she stared to spray the spray on sunscreen over her daughters back, neck, and arms. "Lemme see your face." Aki groaned, turning her face to her and closing her eyes, making sure to take her glasses off too.

Once her face was sprayed, she returned her glasses to her face. Looking back to Perci as he mentioned he liked Turtiwg and Phantump. Aki's eyes lit up in excitement. "Really?!" Grinning, she leaned over into the bag next to her. Tossing out two pokeballs. Releasing a little turtwig, and a shiny phantump. "I have both! Syran and Ashen!"

Angel was beaming, it was normally hard to get Aki out of her shell. "Well sweetie, I'm going to be under the umbrella. Don't go to far and don't go too far into the water if you go swimming."

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.12
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 12 2018, 04:52 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
What a perfect occasion! Percival let out a little squee, and said, controlled, "I would love to see both! How did you come up with the names? Are you basing them off trees? It's very creative. This little girl was already displaying herself a far better trainer than Percival, and yet he didn't care. What an awesome meeting! Besides, he hadn't met a trainer yet that didn't instantly hop into battle mode, so this was a great change of pace. Fanboy mode engaged.

@Piprika

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.24
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
16%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.8
2%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
N/A
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at May 12 2018, 04:59 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The young girl was just beaming. Her pokemon were blinking a few times, as Syran the turtwig went and flopped into the sand, wiggling his little feeties about as he rolled. "Trees? Well no, my best friend helped me with Syran's name. Ashen reminded me of ash because he's shiny, so I thought it was a fitting name!"

Ashen was staring intensely at Perci, floating up to him and going to poke his face with his feelers. Investigating, he soon zoomed back to sit on Aki's head. Snorting at this, she then looked at the hoppip. "Oh, and this is Buttercup in my lap. Do you have any pokemon?"

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

This post has been edited by Akiko Kumori: May 12 2018, 05:00 PM

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.12
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 12 2018, 05:04 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Percival's jaw dropped as he saw the Shiny Phantump. He had never seen a Shiny before in his seventeen years of living, especially not a shiny Pokemon of one of his favorite species. He shook off the shock in a minute or so, and replied, "I have one Pokemon." Gesturing to the Mudkip that ran up to his lap, he said, "This is Splash. I adopted him from Best Friends Adoption Center. He loves water a bit too much. He's a wonderful partner." Nervous at seeming too arrogant, Percival quickly and suddenly swapped the topic back to Aki. "How did you meet Ashen and Syrian?" As he asked the question, he absent-mindedly reached out, gesturing to see if he could pat Buttercup on her rosy head.

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.24
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
16%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.8
2%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
N/A
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at May 13 2018, 03:46 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Aki let him come over to pat Buttercup. Who was cooing at the fact she was getting attention. Nudging her head into his hand excitedly, her little butt wiggling as she got petted. Smiling brightly, she let Buttecup get her attention. "Well. Syran was sorta a gift? Ish. I was trying to catch it and this guy helped me catch him. Ashen, I found his egg all by it's lonesome out on the route near the town I live in."

Thinking of how he mentioned Splash was from the shelter, she grinned. "I'm glad you adopted him, they deserve all the love." As for battling, Akiko was never much of a battler and more interested in being friends and possible breeding.

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.12
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 13 2018, 04:36 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"I'm glad we agree on that. Many trainers may be looking just for the strongest, toughest Pokemon. Myself, I'm trying to find the Pokemon that connect with me on a deeper level. The kind I can confide in without saying a word. How about you?" For some reason, Aki's general persona put Percival at ease. He hadn't felt this comfortable around someone since, well, before......the incident. Maybe it was because Aki reminded him of his younger sister Lenora, or maybe it was their mutual enjoyment of grass types. "So, why do you like grass types? I just like tranquility, and all manner of peacefulness. And grass types really bring that to the surface for me. But enough of me blabbering on. You're clearly the expert." Percival smiled as he glanced at the surprisingly knowledgeable 13-year-old beside him.

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.24
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
16%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.8
2%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
N/A
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at May 14 2018, 01:19 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Expert? The younger teen did not see herself as an expert. Rubbing the side of her arm nervously, she gave a nervous laugh. "I'm not an expert, but thank you." Looking at the grass types around her, she realized she really did look like she loved grass types. It wasn't wrong, she adored them.

"My parents run a skiddo farm, so I've been around grass types my whole life. So I guess that's why? Plus they're just interesting." Looking to Syran, who was still burying himself into the sand. "Seeing all the different types, some are plants, others aren't- it's just so exciting to see what they can be."

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.12
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 14 2018, 02:44 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Sure is. Where is your parents' Skiddo farm? My guess is Campana, or the surrounding area. Myself, I'm from Caecus. That's why I'm always so overdressed!" Percival laughed at his own terribly awkward joke, just trying to maintain a sense of humor. In truth, his introvert sirens were blaring, and he already felt like curling back up into a ball. However, the conversation was interesting, and Aki had a lot of insight on his favorite Pokemon type, so he willed his brain to stop.

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.24
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
16%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.8
2%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
N/A
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at May 17 2018, 01:35 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Yes! Campana. That's where we all live." Her hand motioned back towards her mother who was under the umbrella. Her father was there, helping his wife get sunscreen on. Aki may have been an introvert herself, but it was much easier to talk to someone when her pokemon were out.

"Caecus? I have a friend who lives there. His name is Val, he's really nice." Smiling rightly, she patted Buttercup on the head. "I don't think you looked over dressed, if that counts for anything." With a sheepish smile, she looked off to the side. "I have other pokemon too. But Jackie isn't a big fan of too sunny places."

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.12
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at May 17 2018, 10:23 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Is Val also a grass type trainer? Or does he train fairy types?" Percival was rather intrigued by how traveled this 13-year-old was. "By the way, does your family travel often? If so, I'm beginning my trainer journey soon, so it would be wonderful if you could recommend a few locations for me. By the way, did I ever ask you if you partake in gym battles, contests, or something else?"

Percival hated flinging so many questions at someone, especially a young teen, for fear of overwhelming them or sounding intrusive, but his curiosity was conquering his conscience on all fields, and wanted to make good use of the opportunity.

@Piprika

This post has been edited by Percival Blanc Lefebvre: May 17 2018, 10:28 PM

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.24
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
16%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.8
2%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
N/A
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at May 18 2018, 03:10 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Honestly, she wasn’t sure what kind of trainer Val was. ’He had Lela, a fire type. He never showed her any other pokemon if he had any. “I don’t think he’s a grass type trainer, no. I’m not one exactly, either. I just… well. Not all my pokemon are grass types. I have a furret, but she isn’t fond of the sand, so she’s in her ball.” It was kind of disappointing, having hoped she would have liked the beach.

“Me? Oh. No. I’m not much of a battler or into contests. I’m more interested in breeding. I’ve battled a gym once, though. That was a fun experience.” Smiling towards him, she didn’t seem bothered. Loving to answer questions, since it gave her a direction of what to do. “You’re battling the gyms, right? If I guessed correctly?”

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

17 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Splash
Torrent
Lv.12
7%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Percival Blanc Lefebvre posted at Today at 03:22 pm
Quote ❝❞
^
"Well, supposedly, I am taking on all the gyms, but I've yet to have even a single gym battle, so you're already beating me at that goal. How was your gym battle? Which gym was it? Did you win?" Percival sighed internally. The 13-year-old was already beating him at his dream, and it wasn't even her priority. Heck, she'd defeat him in a Pokemon battle constantly. He had a lot to learn if he wanted to defeat all seven gym leaders, and Akiko seemed like a good source of plenty of that knowledge. And so he kept on asking.

@Piprika

This post has been edited by Percival Blanc Lefebvre: Today at 03:23 pm

13 years old
"Candy cane?!"
Open Inventory
LC:
Techu
Keen Eye
Lv.24
100%
Buttercup
Leaf Guard
Lv.15
16%
Syran
Overgrow
Lv.8
2%
Ashen
Natural Cure
Lv.7
N/A
Jackie Lantern
Pick Up
Lv.5
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Akiko Kumori posted at Today at 10:11 pm
Quote ❝❞
^
Akiko didn’t consider herself well traveled, or even well battled. Her gym battle was… awkward. “Er.. I rather not talk about it.” Letting him make the assumption if she won or lost. Her three pokemon soon collected around her, all focused on the male in front of her.

“Hey don’t worry. Um, the gym was the Campana gym. Where I live. It’s a grass type gym. The gym leader is a very nice lady. Helped me with battling and helped me learn things about pokemon.”

In her eyes, Caitlin may have been a bit of a role model.With grass types being her favorite, that was probably it. “She has a skiddo. Very strong pokemon.”

@Percival Blanc Lefebvre

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay