PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO OKEANOS TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Wingull Clamperl Buizel Slowpoke Marill
Okeanos' residential Pokémon are generally very domesticated and comfortable around humans, as all aggressive Pokémon have been driven out of town by the tourism boards. Clamperl, rarely seen in the wild, are harvested here, collected in large man-made basins and kept for their useful pearl-creating abilities. Okeanos' official bird is Wingull.
A vibrant port town, earning capital from large transport ships which service the rest of the island, Okeanos draws in gym leaders, breeders, ranchers, and researchers alike with its variety of shopping options and official -type gym. As a relatively new settlement, many inhabitants of Okeanos are foreigners from other regions, and cultural tension is often high between these newcomers and those who were originally natives of Piscari. Recently settled tourists range all the way from French immigrants to Indonesian newcomers, creating a vibrant and diverse culture that can sometimes boil over with the many cultural differences between new and old residents.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  To See The Ocean!, Interaction with Lily
This user is currently Offline.
19 years old
" i hate everybody, get out of my kitchen. lay down in the forest, live with my affliction. "
Open Inventory
LC:
Avery Bellmont can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Moose
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Avery Bellmont posted at Feb 5 2018, 08:24 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

early afternoon | rain showers
user posted image
The girl's wrist moved over the coarse paper, creating long strokes of soft charcoal that resembled the curve of the coastline. A strong breeze tugged her hair into motion, sending wispy tendrils of green dancing around in the air. It was surprisingly warm for the time of year, but Avery looked up to a sight that dampened her mood. Dark rainclouds had been invited along for the wind-ride, sailing right above the town.

Cursing under her breath, she flipped the sketchbook shut with a puff of air that smelled like paper and tucked it back into her rugged backpack. Uncrossing her legs, she twisted and dropped from her perch on the wall that overlooked the sea. Nearby, Moose was entertaining himself by playfully chasing passersby. Avery snickered at the way some people picked up their pace out of fear.

"Moose!" Avery called, tapping her knee to beckon the dopey canine.

He came bounding back but found himself unable to apply the breaks, and instead dived into a roll with a tangle of furry limbs and huge paws. Avery snorted and crouched to dishevel the pup's belly fur. Unfortunately, this only elevated the Growlithe's excitement and he sprang up, running circles around his companion, and then took off along the seafront arrangement of tourist shops and cafés, letting out uncontainable yips and boofs.

@Piprika
[[ I hope this is okay and answerable! Let me know if I should change anything c: ]]

This post has been edited by Avery Bellmont: Feb 5 2018, 10:15 PM

----------

20 years old
"Glitter makes everything better."
Open Inventory
LC:
Lily Flowers can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Feb 5 2018, 08:41 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The ocean, it was something Lily always found interesting. It was vast, it was blue, and most of all. It had the pokemon she wanted. Granted, she was not here to attempt to catch it today. To gather information from anyone who may know the location of where to catch the said pokemon she was hunting for. Bright girl was clad in more mellowed out clothing than what she would normally wear. Wanting to keep warm in this colder weather, so she dressed the part. Not too warm though, so she would not overheat.

On her head, rested of course the Comfey named crown. Gitter once again also was throw into her hair, making it rain whenever her head was turned. For now, a map was being held up as she looked around curious. She came to the port town a few times, but she always got hopelessly lost whenever she went exploring by herself. "Oh bother." She huffed softly, scratching the side of her face with an index finger. "Crown, I do believe I went and got us lost." The comfey gave a chitter of a noise, not entirety surprised by that.

Pouting at her partners answer, she figured he was being smart with her. Sighing, her attention was drawn to the sounds of yips and boofs. "Puppy?" She said, walking foward to catch a glimpse of the running growlithe. "Oh! It is a puppy! Crown look it's so cute!"

@Avery Bellmont

19 years old
" i hate everybody, get out of my kitchen. lay down in the forest, live with my affliction. "
Open Inventory
LC:
Moose
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Avery Bellmont posted at Feb 5 2018, 09:43 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

user posted image
It wasn't the first time the pup had run off, so Avery wasn't exactly allowed to be surprised. After all, she had befriended Moose on the streets, and not much time had passed since then. He didn't exactly have the mindset of a Pokémon trainer's companion, and Avery doubted he ever would.

With a huff, she began to half-heartedly pursue the bouncing ball of fluff, but she could only watch as he grew smaller and smaller. She wouldn't waste her energy on calling his name, that was a lost cause.

Surprisingly, she managed to catch up faster than she had expected. At least something had captured the dumb dog's attention for longer than a second. Avery marched up to the orange pup, and looked up to congratulate whoever had managed to stop the fleabag. Her warmly coloured eyes widened and, for a second, her usual snark was forgotten.

Before her stood a young girl who Avery deduced to be around her own age, but that didn't matter right now. The girl's hair was her most eyecatching feature, and not just because of its bright colour. It was pretty much the exact same colour as Avery's, she'd recognise that radioactive shade of green anywhere. After getting over the initial shock, Avery wondered if they used the same dye.

"Uh... Hey. Nice hair you got there," she said over Moose's excited barks. He seemed to think there were two Averys now, and the thought was allowing him to work up the energy for double the playtime!

Normally, she would have offered some half-assed attempt at sarcasm or insult to the strange girl, but the teen was rather at a loss for words. It wouldn't really matter, except Avery prided herself on her individualistic hair colour, and now it felt sort of like it had been stolen away.

@Piprika

----------

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Feb 6 2018, 05:22 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Lele was so far distracted by the cute little fluff monster in front of her. Kneeling down, she offered her hand to him to see if he would let her pet him. If he did, he would be getting the affection of a life time. Giving him all the pets, belly rubs, or anything he could possibly dream up. That was until his trainer showed up. Looking up at- GREEN!

Instantly on her feet, her eyes wide at the compliment of her hair. Oh boy! "Oh thank you! It's al natural! Your hair is stunning! I love the haircut, too! You're really pretty!" Giggling some, she looked down at Moose. "Is this your baby? Cause he's so cute, I wish I could take him home." Making a wrinkled nose face at the little Growlithe, showing she was making cute faces at him.

"I'm Lele, by the way! It's nice to meet you. What's your name? Are you from around this area? I'm not. I'm from Caecus." This girl could talk.

@Avery Bellmont

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Moose
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Avery Bellmont posted at Feb 6 2018, 09:08 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

user posted image
Avery stood dumbfounded. It was like looking into a sort of reflection (well, if you squinted a little), except the other her could ramble on enough for the both of them. How many questions could a girl ask in one breath? This was probably a world record and still counting.

"Uh..." The teen fumbled for words, wondering which of the barrage of questions she should answer. After all, she only had a limited capacity of how friendly and social she could be to others.

"He is my, uh, baby." She decided to bypass the compliments altogether, she didn't do compliments very well, and instead focus on Moose. "He's also a little shit who needs to start using those big ears more than when it just suits him."

This girl was pretty weird, and she talked so much that Avery couldn't even interject to offer some good ol' confrontational sarcasm.

"I'm Avery. I'm from nowhere," she spoke with a flat tone. "Nice to meet ya."

@Lily Flowers

----------

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Feb 6 2018, 09:42 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Oh no, she was being over bearing. She could tell. Reeling herself in, she rubbed the back of her head. "Oh I'm sorry, I got carried away. It's nice to meet you, Avery." Backing off with her million questions, she started to fiddle with her hands. Avery did not seem pleased with her, but no matter. She would win her over! Straightening up herself, she started to put on a more calm attitude.

"Well Avery, are you looking for something while you're out here?" Her tone and whole body stance just seemed to change on the drop of a hat. "I'm here because I'm hoping to go about catching one of the water types around here one day. So I came to see what the locals could tell me about it." Still smiling, she was at least waiting for Avery to be able to talk now.

Crown on her head wiggled, the Comfey leaning over to look at the fire type. Cringing and quickly going back to acting as if was just a piece of clothing to be worn.

@Avery Bellmont

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Moose
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Avery Bellmont posted at Feb 6 2018, 10:52 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

user posted image
The girl furrowed her thick brows, gawping at Lele's hair decoration without any consideration for manners. She could have sworn it had just moved - almost like it had just roused from a nap, only to be scared by the sight of a strange sulky-faced girl and her out-of-control mutt. Moose must have noticed it too, because he had now taken to staring with a curiously tilted head.

"A water-type?" Avery repeated, managing to drag her amber eyes away from the living accessory.

Avery hadn't thought at all about catching another Pokémon. She couldn't imagine life with two terrors running around untamed, and yet she would have to add to her team eventually, right? At least if she wanted to call herself a trainer.

"What are you looking for exactly?" She questioned, not exactly claiming to know much about the species of Pokémon living in the area. Or anywhere in fact. Though you could quiz her on the scavenging pests of Uberrime and she'd tell you every answer.

@Lily Flowers

----------

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Feb 7 2018, 04:25 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Lele was paying much closer attention to Avery now- actually studying her movements and how she spoke. Putting together a quick picture of what she was; rebellious. Snarky? Maybe. Probably the latter, but the smile of Lele's face did not fade. Letting her ask about water types, and which pokemon she was hunting. Nodding her head at the first question, she went and answered the second.

"Waimur, is what I'm looking for. I really want one, since it's so squishy looking and kinda cute." Battle worthy? Maybe not. Though it was not like Lele battled much, if at all. She was a breeder and a contest runner, not a fighter. Though a new question came to her head about Avery. Looking down at Moose, then back at her.

"Are you training one type? Or are you doing different kinds?"

@Avery Bellmont

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Moose
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Avery Bellmont posted at Feb 7 2018, 01:25 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

user posted image
"Wailmer, huh?" Avery said awkwardly, unaware of the other girl's more analytical gaze and left pondering why squishy was a good trait to have. Of course she knew what a Wailmer was, she was just a little foggy on the specific details. She had never had much educating on the vast types of creatures that shared a planet with her, after all, her parents had reared her to view most Pokémon as pests unless they could offer a valuable skill to aid humanity, then they could be slightly forgiven. Most of her Pokémon knowledge came from the time she spent busking on the streets, drawing trainers and their companions for loose change.

Not wanting to look like some newbie trainer kid fresh from a professor's lab, Avery simply nodded. Beside her, Moose was still transfixed on the crown of flowers that perched on Lele's head. He looked a little more serious now, sniffing around loudly to inspect the other girl closer.

At Lele's question, Avery looked down at the pup in thought, being reminded again that she hadn't even formed any sort of plan beyond reaching Okeanos Town, and even that was a spur-of-the-moment notion that had involved climbing out of her bedroom window at god knows what hour in the morning. She didn't know what sort of Pokémon she liked, or even what she'd be training them for. She'd never been in a Pokémon battle before. She began to feel a little lost, and not in the sense that she liked.

"Dude, I don't even know what I'm doin' here, let alone in the future," she responded with a heavy shrug and passing glance of guilt in Moose's direction. "I guess I just wanna see the world or something lame like that."

@Lily Flowers

----------

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Feb 7 2018, 08:01 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
A giggle escaped her as Avery said she had no real plan to do with her life. It was understandable to feel that way. If it wasn't for someone helping her through her career, she would probably be in the same boat. Though really who ever really had a plan unless someone helped you, really? It made her think of how thankful she was for Tenma being there for her. A look of adoration started to come over her face at the thought of Tenma, but she quickly recovered from that.

"Well that's perfectly fine, really! I plan on getting really giant babies- cause giant babies are awesome." Shrugging a bit sheepishly towards her,she scratched the side of her cheek. Not sure how to really keep the conversation going, she almost felt as if she was annoying the more sassy looking twin of herself. Looking around, she tried to come up with something to talk about. Come on, anything.

".....So how old are you?"

That's clever, Lele.

@Avery Bellmont

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Moose
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Avery Bellmont posted at Jul 3 2018, 02:51 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

user posted image
Avery unapologetically looked over the other girl again, and felt a growing annoyance - the unwavering smile, the naive attitude and the glitter that sparkled in her hair whenever she moved. It was all too sweet. Avery's terrible old habits reared their heads as she considered how she could mess with this girl... Lull her into a false sense of security and then steal from her? That weird hair accessory looked like it could earn her a bit of spare cash. Or maybe she could just outright ruin her day? Push her in a muddy puddle and wipe that cutesy smile from her face. It's not like she had anything to lose - she could practically feel the conversation dying with each throwaway question. But then she had another thought that was very much unlike her and her people-hating ways. Lele's questions had unintentionally opened her eyes a little more to the fact that she was alone and far from home with no real plan. Would she really be able to get by with no friends and no goals?

"Y'know," Avery said with a hesitant tone, completely ignoring the other's question. This was way too new to her, "I don't have any real plans today. Or ever. Maybe we could go down to the water and look for that thingy you wanted? Wailmer or whatever?"

She shrugged and looked away casually as if she hadn't just done something that went against her entire being. In her head, she desperately tried to justify it as using the girl for her own gain rather than, like, actually try and befriend someone or something!

@Lily Flowers [it's good to be back! C: thank you so much for wanting to carry this on! <3]

----------

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Jul 4 2018, 10:13 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Lily began to wonder if she was annoying Avery or not. The moment of silence had Lele wanting to try and talk more. That was not the solution here for this situation. About to give up and try and offer a goodbye- Avery perked up about the pokemon Lily had been scouting for. Delight came to those ocean colored eyes and her head began to bob frantically up and down to signal yes.

“That'd be great! I'd love to go down to the beach and scope out possible areas.”

Crown on her head gave a jingle. Wondering if Lily really wanted to or if it was because she was trying to keep the conversation going? But then again Avery had asked, not Lily. So she probably genuinely wanted too. Which meant salty sea air and sand. Joy. Guess he was going to have to deal with that.

“Do you know the way? I do if you don't.”

@Avery Bellmont

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Moose
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Avery Bellmont posted at Jul 5 2018, 09:44 AM
Quote ❝❞
^

user posted image
The bitter teen turned and began to look over the area, anything as an excuse to avoid eye contact with the sudden look of pure happiness from the other girl. It made her feel all kinds of awkward, knowing it was her who had lit that smile up.

She could see the ocean from where they stood, but how to get down to it, she had no clue. Afraid of looking like a tourist, she gave an aloof shrug and effortlessly hopped over the nearest wall that stood between her and the sparkling mass of water. She turned back, half expecting an applause and half because she had forgotten her growlithe.

"It's this way, right?" Avery asked, unable to keep a flash of a grin from her face.

@Lily Flowers

----------

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Jul 7 2018, 12:17 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Lily watched as Avery went and jumped the wall. Hurrying over, she leaned over the edge. Placing her hand over hr eyes, she was grinning and beginning to bounce excitedly. "Oh wow!" Looking at the wall,s he was comprehending how she could hop it. "hmm..." Taking a few steps back, the girl started to bounce on her feet. Bringing a leg straight up against her side, then switching them. Stretching her legs out, the ballet trained female would then take off in a dart for the wall. Leaping, she thrusted her hands against the wall and heaved herself over.

In a not so graceful landing though, she stumbled on her feet and fell to her knees. Giving a wince, she waved at Avery with a cough. "Oof, hey, I did it!" Crown on her head was giving several disgruntled jingles about her hopping walls, but it was not like she was going to listen.

@Avery Bellmont

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Moose
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Avery Bellmont posted at Jul 7 2018, 09:14 PM
Quote ❝❞
^

user posted image
Avery let out a loud, unapologetic laugh as Lele practically fell at her feet. She made no move to help, but watched in an almost bored manner as she found her own feet. She found her eyes yet again drawn to the mysterious object nestled in the girl's hair that seemed to jiggle in protest to the sudden movement. Still unable to decipher what the heck it was, she tore her gaze away.

"Not bad, Sparkles." Her sarcastic words were bundled within a boisterous laugh. For nothing more than pure dramatical emphasis, she brushed off some of Lele's hair-glitter that had strayed onto her jacket during the fall.

From behind, Moose gave two short barks - a reminder for the girls not to forget him. Avery watched him, torn between amusement and humiliation as he flopped his two front paws onto the wall, panting excitedly as his rusty brain cogs grinded into action, trying to figure out how he could get himself from point A to point B. His first method saw him wriggling desperately, front paws trying to pull him over as his back legs scrabbled to heave his fluff-butt over the top. When that failed, he took to running up and down against the side, occassionally looking over to see if the girls were still in sight.

"Lived on the streets on his own for a while," Avery said to no one in particular and roughly gestured at the pup with her thumb. "But still probably couldn't find his way out of a one-way street."

At that, the canine was at her feet, tail waving like a pompom. He had found a stairwell and it was embarrassingly close to where they had just jumped the wall. He descended the steps with ease and a slight bounce, leaving the two girls looking pretty foolish.

@Lily Flowers <3

----------

20 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Crown
Flower Veil
Lv.44
29%
Mickey
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Minnie
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Kaa
Sturdy
Lv.16
N/A
Maui
Guts
Lv.6
N/A
Baloo
Pickup
Lv.1
N/A

Lily Flowers posted at Jul 9 2018, 04:35 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Lily may have felt foolish, but she was dang proud of herself for being able to hop that wall! Straightening herself up onto her feet, her head tilted at the new nickname she got. Giggling at that, head shaking at the fellow green haired female. "Sparkles? I like that." Smiling, she adjusted Crown on her head, who nipped at her in frustration.

Looking over towards Moose, she smiled at the little pup. "Well I think he's adorable. I've had Crown here for about two or three years?" Hand pointed towards the jingling flower crown on her head. "He's the best thing ever, even if I can't figure out what he's saying half the time." Looking around, she spotted the sparkling waters of the ocean not far away. "Hey! Look!"

@Avery Bellmont

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Moose
Intimidate
Lv.5
5%