PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO CAMPANA TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Fletchling Sunkern Cherubi Skiddo Deerling
Treated more like pets than pests, the local wildlife of Campana is extremely docile, especially thanks to their free access to chunks of Eviolite from construction sites. It's common to see "wild" Pokémon adorned with ribbons and bells, a sign of just how close Campana's human residents are to their environment. Campana's official bird is Fletchling.
Quite possibly the most normal, comforting town in the region, Campana Town is a hub for breeders, ranchers, and the odd trainer, proudly boasting the official Grass-type gym of the island's league - a point of pride for such a small settlement. Made up of a series of gently rolling hills, Campana's homes are built into the earth, creating a hidden city of tunnels and passageways - and making it a good place to hide away from the pressures of city life. Because their entire infrastructure is built into the earth, mining is hugely important in Campana, with much of their income coming from the accidental excavation of precious metals and gems, including Eviolite. With an almost startlingly mixed population, Campana welcomes outsiders with open arms, and has become a mini hub of diversity, with the original culture being nearly lost by this point in time. Older natives do have a heavy Irish brogue, however, and most of the population is white.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  I'm Working On It, Breeding/Egg Solo
This user is currently Offline.
39 years old
And I think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone
Open Inventory
LC:
Cole Vogel can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Bubbles
Domestic
Lv.7
6%
Santa
Domestic
Lv.6
6%
Kitkat
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Delibird
Lv.
N/A
Flare
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Skittles
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Cole Vogel posted at Jul 9 2018, 10:27 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Cole sat at a rinky dink little table with a folding chair in it where a dining room table should be. He sat at a grey folding table that was at best a placeholder for real furniture, scrolling through his phone with a bit of concern. In front of himself like a centerpiece of the table sat an incubator, complete with a delibird egg that had been bred the day before. Dots was already gone and the money had gone towards stocking up on food for a couple weeks. It had gotten them food for both the rancher himself and his collection of pokemon, hopefully including the new recruit as soon as they hatched.

Obviously scrolling through his phone was not going to magically make money appear, he had nothing to sell and couldn't even hope for a notification that someone had bought one of his pokemon. Instead he had to sit around and reflect on what he's done, hoping for some sort of miracle and waiting patiently for this egg to hatch. Even when it does he couldn't be certain that he would get money as quickly as the first time. A delibird egg by themselves does not instantly equate to money. He would have to sell the product of his breeding, and it might not be that simple. Until then he'd have to fill his time somehow, and Arceus knows how he was going to accomplish that.

[2/20] Delibird egg w/incubator

39 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bubbles
Domestic
Lv.7
6%
Santa
Domestic
Lv.6
6%
Kitkat
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Delibird
Lv.
N/A
Flare
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Skittles
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Cole Vogel posted at Jul 9 2018, 04:58 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
As he continued to think about it, even when or if he could breed more pairs at a time, he would need more incubators to be able to hatch them in a reasonable time frame. A business wasn't run on one egg at a time surely, but that was how he was going to have to do things until he could afford to go beyond that. There were so many things he could do if only the guy had the money, and the money wasn't going to come just sitting around here. For a moment it crossed his mind to get a job, but then he remembered he now had a houseful of pokemon to take care of, and shouldn't be leaving them alone all day. That just seemed a bit cruel, leaving his pokemon alone all day to breed and watch eggs.

No he couldn't be that guy. These weren't house pets they were his friends and practically his family at this point. As he sat and thought and debated internally a delibird sat beside his chair, looking up at Cole with a bit of a squint in her eyes and a tilted head. She was vaguely concerned for Cole as he seemed stress but she couldn't understand why. They had food, and he had a new delibird on the way, the incubator was right in front of him right then and there! Then again, the house was kinda empty, maybe that was what was making Cole sad? The little bird couldn't exactly be sure what his problem was. As Cole sat there he eventually set his head on the table, sighing a bit.

[4/20] Delibird egg w/incubator

39 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bubbles
Domestic
Lv.7
6%
Santa
Domestic
Lv.6
6%
Kitkat
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Delibird
Lv.
N/A
Flare
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Skittles
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Cole Vogel posted at Jul 11 2018, 06:30 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
With Cole's head set down on the table Santa would climb up, a bit concerned for the man. Maybe it was simply how he was but he was hardly sleeping, and checked up on everyone all the time. Even if the egg in front of him seemed like the most important thing in their lives right now Cole ignored it in favor of just about anything else. It was clear he cared immensely for the spinda and the delibird, doing his best without a brush to groom them and having downloaded little pet apps on his phone that did their best to act like toys. They ranged from a magikarp swimming and swishing around on screen to rudimentary space puzzles.

None of them held the opinion that any of that was any good or actually fun by itself, but it was Cole doing his best and they all appreciated that. The three pokemon played it together and hung out with their rancher just for the sake. Bubbles held the opinion that they should really stop playing along cause only a baby meowth would find those fun, but Santa and Kitkat both asked them to just suck it up. Santa knew that Cole didn't mean to insult the fact that they weren't dumb, and if they could communicate with him clearly would happily stop trying to entertain them like kittens. For now though the delibird gently pushed on his head, wanting his attention. She sat down as he lacked response.

[6/20] Delibird egg w/incubator

39 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bubbles
Domestic
Lv.7
6%
Santa
Domestic
Lv.6
6%
Kitkat
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Delibird
Lv.
N/A
Flare
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Skittles
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Cole Vogel posted at Jul 11 2018, 07:06 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Santa was going to tell him to go to bed, grab his arm and pull him there if the man wouldn't listen. She recognized that he was stressing himself out so much he hadn't slept too much, and was starting to show signs of it. Only a week or so in and he was already getting bags under his eyes and losing focus at random intervals. The girl had to chuckle though at the realization that Cole wasn't responding because he was already asleep. His chest inflated and returned to normal at a fairly slow pace and he didn't respond to being shaken beyond vague murmuring. The delibird smiled for a moment, before turning to the incubator containing the soon addition to the family.

The rancher hadn't much talked strategy of the breeding with the pokemon, but having another boy to even out the two to one ratio around here would be a good idea. One male per two females was not an ideal breeding combination. After all they are called breeding pairs, not triplets. Hopefully if the egg came out a boy Cole wouldn't just turn right around and sell it. He was inexperienced in all these ideas and probably just thought that having a whole bunch of females would be a good idea. They do pass on the species and that's all well and good, but they'd never be able to have more than an egg at a time if they only kept one boy around.

[8/20] Delibird egg w/incubator

This post has been edited by Cole Vogel: Jul 11 2018, 07:06 AM

39 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bubbles
Domestic
Lv.7
6%
Santa
Domestic
Lv.6
6%
Kitkat
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Delibird
Lv.
N/A
Flare
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Skittles
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Cole Vogel posted at Jul 11 2018, 05:31 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
While the little red gift giver sat on the table and watch Cole sleep, thinking about their future to herself, both Bubbles and Kitkat came waddling up. For a moment she noticed that they were in a dizzy state near constantly, having to stumble around everywhere couldn't have been fun. It was a lot like being a psyduck with a consistent migraine. "Is he finally sleeping?" Bubbles asked, hoping that was what this was rather than anything more dangerous or threatening to the rancher's health. Santa stood up quick, picking up the incubator before hoping back down on the ground to talk with the pair of spinda. "Yep, just sleeping." she gave.

With that the trio of them would leave to the kennel room, their main place of play so far and closed the down to keep their noise down as little as possible. After trying so hard to convince him to get some rest it would be a shame to wake him up with their shenanigans. The delibird would set the soon to be delibird in the corner, quickly giving the little guy a once over to see if everything was still fine. To the best of her knowledge everything looked perfectly fine, given the tiny splinter cracks on the child seemed to only be the beginning signs of hatching rather than any substantial or concerning damage.

[10/20] Delibird egg w/incubator

39 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bubbles
Domestic
Lv.7
6%
Santa
Domestic
Lv.6
6%
Kitkat
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Delibird
Lv.
N/A
Flare
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Skittles
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Cole Vogel posted at Jul 11 2018, 10:23 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
As the delibird eyed the life container a bit intensely, she finally turned back to the other two and nodded. 'They're fine, just beginning to hatch' she gave, a bit excited but knowing it could still be a good while before the egg cracked further and eventually hatched into a new delibird friend. If they were lucky then this little pokemon buddy wouldn't be quite so special and profitable, and on top of it would be male. Perhaps that was a bit to ask though? Who knew, they weren't dumb but they're no scientists. The probability of different genetics was a bit much to ask from them. For a couple of them an understanding on the term 'genetics' was above their pay grade. Both spinda replied with little affirmative noises before they all moved on.

Not a one of them was careless about the egg, but Santa seemed to be the most frequent checker of the egg this time around. 'Guessing?' the bird offered, pitching a game they could all play together. They'd been able to come up with a couple of ideas for games without having any toys to play with. It wasn't impossible, they just had to get a little creative. Bubbles hopped up and down excited, near falling again as always, but Kitkat merely shrugged, switch balancing legs for a moment. It was clear neither of them minded the choice, but this was Bubbles favorite game since she usually seemed to win on blind luck.

[12/20] Delibird egg w/incubator

39 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bubbles
Domestic
Lv.7
6%
Santa
Domestic
Lv.6
6%
Kitkat
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Delibird
Lv.
N/A
Flare
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Skittles
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Cole Vogel posted at Jul 12 2018, 07:27 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
The pokemon had found a way to use the random nature of Santa's gifts as a sort of gambling game. In the setup to play Santa stood in one corner, and began rummaging through her bag for a moment. Meanwhile the spinda investigated the egg and incubator, seeing that Santa was entirely correct and the egg was beginning to hatch. Tiny little cracks ran along the surface of it, seeming to be spreading at a somewhat decent rate, perhaps the little guy was beginning to hatch? Whatever, it was safe and the egg was abandoned as a present landed itself on the floor. Each one seemed to have different colors and patterns to them, they weren't coordinated in any easily evident way.

Bubbles and Kitkat stood side by side, looking at an orange present coated with green diagonal stripes. It was exactly the most beautiful or elegant color combination, but that wasn't the point here. The point was that the present may or may not contain various levels of danger. They were each thinking about whether or not this one was one that would blow up in their face, literally. Kitkat eventually took a step back, officially taking himself out of the running for this one. It was a race to not knock themselves out and that spinda had very well decided that this wasn't one he wanted to gamble on.

[14/20] Delibird egg w/incubator

39 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bubbles
Domestic
Lv.7
6%
Santa
Domestic
Lv.6
6%
Kitkat
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Delibird
Lv.
N/A
Flare
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Skittles
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Cole Vogel posted at Jul 12 2018, 07:37 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Bubbles though, the little spinda walked forward with a bit of abandon, waddle walking up to the present and carelessly ripping the top from the thing, wincing only slightly as the thing popped on being separated. The impact wasn't quite that of an entire explosion, more just one of a balloon popping very close to one's head. Intensely startling and mildly snapping against her, sending the pokemon stumbling back to where Kitkat joined her side again. That meant Kitkat had an early lead. Before Santa moved to pull out another present she noticed a shaking motion coming from the incubator. "Hey! Looks like we might have a new member by tonight!" she offered, gesturing with a wing before digging again through her tail.

The duo of fluffy dizziness looked only briefly to the container with egg inside, noting that the child inside did in fact shake, and they could see a crack from a few steps away now. Still, it wasn't exactly hatching quite yet, and they'd started a game. Another present landed in front of them, this one a bright cotton candy pink, dotted with blue spots and nicely wrapped with a bow just as the other one had been. This time Kitkat didn't hesitate, he was already ahead and had a good feeling about this one, surely the psychic advise of a normal type couldn't be wrong. As he popped open the top not a thing happened, and Santa gave a little nod in recognition.

[16/20] Delibird egg w/incubator

39 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bubbles
Domestic
Lv.7
6%
Santa
Domestic
Lv.6
6%
Kitkat
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Delibird
Lv.
N/A
Flare
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Skittles
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Cole Vogel posted at Jul 13 2018, 12:31 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
The present had in fact been harmless, would have given back some of the pokemon's energy and general well being if they needed any. Bubbles could have used that one, but of course Kitkat ended up with it. Santa put away the empty gift, somehow shuffling it around in her tail for a bit before producing yet another package. This one was a solid yellow with red ribbon around it. At this both of the pokemon again stalled, each one weary given that the last one had been a healing present. The chances of two in those in a row tended to be pretty low, given that they didn't seem all too common in general. Eventually they both stepped back, giving up the slim chance that they may get a good one.

With the next box set on the ground Bubbles practically pounced it, ripping off the top before she could barely see the thing. If she was going to win she need a health giving box or just to convince Kitkat to go for the explosive ones. Sadly as she opened the top something or another was triggered inside. Rather than the relatively harmless pop, a rather loud bang would occur, blasting back Bubbles onto her back about a foot off and even staggering Kitkat a bit. Immediately all three looked to the incubator in the corner, making sure nothing had happened to it even though it had a good distance from their game. As Bubbles stood up and regained whatever a spinda could call balance, they decided everything was fine.

[18/20] Delibird egg w/incubator

39 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Bubbles
Domestic
Lv.7
6%
Santa
Domestic
Lv.6
6%
Kitkat
Domestic
Lv.5
N/A
Delibird
Lv.
N/A
Flare
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A
Skittles
Domestic
Lv.1
N/A

Cole Vogel posted at Jul 13 2018, 12:40 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Santa was quick to start searching for a new present, quickly setting down a solid purple present with pink ribbon wrapped around it. Both of the spinda couple looked ready to go for it, Bubbles a bit desperate at this point given she was one bad choice from losing, but they were interrupted as the door to the room practically flew open. As the wood swung away and revealed the contents of the room to their rancher, Cole sighed heavily, thankful that no one was in the house and all his pokemon were still present. "What..." he started, confused now where the source of the noise that woke him had been. "What blew up in here?" he asked, before he finally processed what was going on in the room he'd entered.

Their egg was incubating in the corner, while Santa seemed to dish out presents? Cole was well aware that some of a delibird's present were much more dangerous then others but why would Santa be giving her housemates explosive gifts right now? "Is this... are you guys fighting or what?" he asked, trying to understand what was going on here. Quickly they all shook their heads, he had the absolute wrong idea. Knowing they couldn't exactly verbalize what this was to him Cole tried again... "This a game you made?" he tried, wondering how else this scenario could be explained if not. He got a round of nodding from the three and sighed again, smiling a bit.

[20/20] Delibird egg w/incubator

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay