PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO UBERRIME CITY
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Pidove Pichu Elekid Helioptile Pawniard
With cities come pests, and Uberrime has its fair share of annoyingly domesticated Pokémon. Pichu and Elekid form strange social packs, working together to rifle through the bits and pieces left outside of diners and cafes. Helioptile, originally introduced to feed on the massive Pichu infestation, are now just as big of a nuisance, sunning themselves on the stone sidewalks and occasionally snacking on the overweight Pidove that flock to Uberrime. Pawniard trained by the local branch of Rangers work to keep crime - at least, the obvious kind - to a minimum. Uberrime's official bird is Pidove.
The very definition of opulence, Uberrime is packed to the brim with shining metal buildings, bustling shopping centers, and the latest in technology from researchers around the island - and even from other regions. Far and away the most advanced city for miles, Uberrime boasts a multi-story gym, highlighting Steel and Electric-type Pokémon, along with an alternative route through which those less inclined to fight can answer puzzling questions to advance. Those with scientific interests will be right at home, especially researchers, who will no doubt find work in any field they please. Breeders, however, may find themselves up a proverbial stream without a proverbial paddle, as Uberrime's population is inundated with the latest in pure blooded oddities and attractive award-winning Pokémon. Oddly, Uberrime seems to have no discernible culture, nor has it ever...

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
CLOSED
📄 New Topic

>  Can I Ask You a Favor?, Josh/Sam breeding thread
This user is currently Offline.
28 years old
I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Josh Rallen can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 15 2018, 06:49 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh had been able to ask around until he found another growlithe to breed with. Thankfully Chica was alright with the whole situation, since Josh kind needed the money. Being a ranger was all well and good but being an injured ranger who was struggling in the first place absolutely killed his income. So, being able to get a bit of extra money just for training up a pokemon a little like he loved to do was not going to be all that bad. Of course he'd be splitting the income with another trainer but that was better than nothing.

The ranger waited up for Samuel where they'd decided to meet up. Justin had put him in contact with the trainer and Josh could trust someone if Justin got a decent impression off them. Still if that turned out to be false, he carried a pair of brass knuckles and had a decent team on his side. At the moment the only pokemon of his team that was out was Chica, being held nicely in his arms again his ranger uniform. He was technically on the clock but everyone was very understanding that he wasn't in good condition to be doing anything helpful, the healing wound on his face a good show and reminder of that.

So he waited around just outside the station, holding up for the man since his kennel was inside and it was highly against a lot of things to just casually ask people to come into the station and waltz around, or at least Josh had to assume so.

Chica the growlithe x Torben the growlithe : Dice Roll: 1d100: 32 = 32
@Samuel Pandev

37 years old
I'm a Weapon of Mass Seduction
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Samuel Pandev can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.14
N/A
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.42
16%
Locke
Soundproof
Lv.5
6%
Solveig
Blaze
Lv.1
10%

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Apr 15 2018, 08:09 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Bright red hair, check. Injury, check. “Hey,” Sam called out with a bit of a wave and Torben trotting up by his side. He looked dressed for general invisibility in a crowd, hoodie, sunglasses, ball-cap, as if what was about to go down wasn’t in the realm of legal. Hilarious, really, since he was becoming a more common face around the station and was known to be a ranger. In his arms, snoozing lightly, was Locke. Occasionally she’d let out a warning hiss if he bounced her too hard. “You’re the father of my boy’s date, I take it?”

Torben snorted from beside him, pressed tightly to his leg. He didn’t look entirely enthused about the prospect but he wasn’t fleeing either. Sam was already carrying an egg around in his backpack like some sort of expectant father to be and Torben was curious if his trainer was taking up breeding as a career move now.

“It’s gonna get a little damp out here, maybe we should take it inside.” He gestured with his free hand to the station and Locke’s head shot up with a snarl.

[Egg 1/20]
@Josh Rallen

This post has been edited by Samuel Pandev: Apr 15 2018, 08:10 PM

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 15 2018, 09:00 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
As the trainer approached Josh certainly went through the first thoughts of a man meeting his daughters new girlfriend before realizing how insanely ridiculous that was. No matter now close and how equal he tried to be with his pokemon he had to keep in mind that they still were pokemon, and there were times when treating them similarly to humans was a bit odd. That very moment was of course one of them, where treating Chica as he would a human daughter might raise up some questions. When the comment about being Chica's father arose this realization hit Josh and he chuckled.

"Yep, that's me." he gave, a nice smile on his face as he gently set down Chica to get her own first impressions of her soon to be partner in this endeavor. She'd been explained to what was happening and was weary but excited, taking quickly to sniffing the other pokemon, usual curious way about her. The ranger nodded to Sam in response to his next remark, leading the way inside "Yeah, thank you by the way." he gave, making sure he knew how much it really was a favor to the red haired man even if they would split the revenue off it. The thought crossed his mind that maybe they should have discussed what happens between the breeding and the selling, given there's a lot of steps there they left to the wind.

@Samuel Pandev

37 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.14
N/A
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.42
16%
Locke
Soundproof
Lv.5
6%
Solveig
Blaze
Lv.1
10%

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Apr 15 2018, 09:56 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Torben sniffed back, equally as curious since he’d been without any other Growlithe’s around in a long time. They had yet to face any other dogs since. His tail started wagging slowly.

“No problem, Torben’s an obvious choice.” And the Growlithe stood up straighter at the boost, fluffing up his fur just so. They followed inside the familiar building, Torben sniffing the ground and catching hints of Ichiro and Torm scents lingering on the ground.

The man whistled when he saw the kennel. “Good thing I haven’t evolved him yet.” Then he backpedalled, “Can’t, can’t evolve him yet.” Torben eyed him curiously but quietly agreed. No way an arcanine would be fitting in there without squishing in. “Alright, we good to go? Maybe me and you can have a quick battle while these two get down to it?” He shifted the egg on his shoulder.

@Josh Rallen
[Egg 2/20]

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 15 2018, 10:23 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Apparently him and Sam were in similar situations with the whole evolution business. While Josh couldn't quite afford to try and evolve her yet he also really didn't want to. He'd done the bare bones enough of research to know around when he should be giving her the stone and it was not until a long while down the line. The same went for Bonny, since they were both stone evolutions that would have to wait awhile. "Yeah, it's on loan from a pretty new fairy breeder." he shrugged, thinking it didn't matter since it didn't need to be any bigger for their purposes. "Biggest she's got is an eevee." he finished, before looking back to Sam.

He was vaguely confused for a moment at the proposal. Sure he was always ready for a battle but he just wasn't expecting it. Foxy could use a bit of proper battling if he was honest. Even if she wasn't well trained yet and would pretty much surely lose, it would be some good experience to have a quick battle. "I hatched a new sentret about a week ago if you've got anyone new." he offered, thinking maybe he'd strike lucky but if not then Bonny could step in. He didn't even feel the need to actually say yes, since Josh would obviously accept a battle pretty much any time he wasn't rushing off to a pokemon center.

@Samuel Pandev

37 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.14
N/A
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.42
16%
Locke
Soundproof
Lv.5
6%
Solveig
Blaze
Lv.1
10%

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Apr 15 2018, 11:47 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Torben sniffed at the kennel before jumping in. He circled the whole box curiously, smelling for Eevees or whatever else had been in here before.

“Well, I don’t have anything that new… Locke here is pretty young though. And she’ll likely sleep through the first hit.” He patted her and she hissed and clawed at his back, jostling the eggs. “Otherwise, I have a young Pumpkaboo, but I don’t think either of them could hit each other.” There was confuse ray, of course, which could be hilarious but that didn’t answer how the Sentret could fight back.

@Josh Rallen

[Surprise Egg 5/20]
[Marroon Egg 4/20]

This post has been edited by Samuel Pandev: Apr 16 2018, 12:46 AM

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 12:13 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh chuckled a bit at the idea of waking up the jangmo-o by hitting them with an attack. If Josh thought he realized that the girl only had a scratch attack anyways, so there really wasn't a way in the world that she was going to win anyway. "I wouldn't count on her winning anyways, she could just use the practice." he offered, knowing that it was pretty useless. She had never been in a battle yet and she had barely even been able to train with Bonny and Chica when she tried. The girl seemed excited to try and learn but he hadn't been with her long enough to get a decent measurement on that.

He fished her pokeball out of his pocket, letting out the yellow tinted sentret who quickly looked up to Josh, a bit confused. Chica went over and hopped nicely into the kennel, knowing that the smell of Bonny would be in there even if Benedetta had cleaned it out nicely it was hard to remove all traces of a pokemon. Scents of pikachu and eevee would be in there but Chica would paw gently at the other growlithe, confused what they were so confused about.

@Samuel Pandev

37 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.14
N/A
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.42
16%
Locke
Soundproof
Lv.5
6%
Solveig
Blaze
Lv.1
10%

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Apr 16 2018, 12:46 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Sam shrugged, this time managing to pull off the dragon type before she clawed him. He stepped around so they weren’t fighting directly by the door. Put on the ground she yawned, growled, then laid down on her belly, legs curling up around her. It didn’t take long before she started snoring, though it sounded a bit like a car motor.

Both hands freed, Sam stretched his arms upwards, slightly restrained by the straps on his shoulders and the weight of the eggs. “Have at it- she only knows how to leer, tackle, and rest.” And obviously she already knew one of them better than the others. He stepped back to give them room and to hide in case Locke got upset being forced to fight during one of her day-long naps.

@Josh Rallen
[Surprise Egg 6/20]
[Marroon Egg 5/20]

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 01:09 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
As Sam stretched Josh looked to the back on his back, "You're welcome to set that down if it's heavy. We're in a ranger station no one's taking anything." he gave, shrugging lightly. He couldn't exactly tell what was in it but it was enough stuff that it seemed to be full so it probably wasn't all too light. With that the ranger looked to his companion, the shiny sentret looking to Locke and realizing what was happening. She started bounding towards the dragon nearly immmediately, a bright smile on her face as a pair of tiny claws came down the pokemon.

"All she's got is scratch and foresight. There's a reason she needs practice." Josh gave, smiling a little at the napping dragon and thankful that he hadn't had the misfortune of getting a pokemon so prone to naps like Justin's mimikyu or Benedetta's spritzee, not that the fairy breeder really needed her pokemon awake all the time.

@Samuel Pandev

37 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.14
N/A
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.42
16%
Locke
Soundproof
Lv.5
6%
Solveig
Blaze
Lv.1
10%

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Apr 16 2018, 01:41 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Locke didn’t even flinch at the first scratch, just let out a sleepy snort and shifted her scales while trainers looked on.

“Right, I should have figured. Not too many people gonna be robbing from a ranger station.” Plus he knew a few of the people that worked there. He’d surreptitiously looked for a different redhead and a blonde but sadly they either were working or just not walking around. Removing the pack he very gently set the eggs on the ground and then twitched as Torben barked from inside the kennel.

Sam resisted taking a peek, not wanting to see any Pokemon hanky panky in this world or the next, but Torben bounded out of the kennel with his tail wagging a mile a minute. Sam leaned back, looking around at the kennel and catching the sight of something red behind Chica. “That quick? Wow. I figured, you know, we'd have to wait.”

[Surprise Egg 8/20]
[Marroon Egg 7/20]
@Josh Rallen

This post has been edited by Samuel Pandev: Apr 16 2018, 01:43 AM

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 01:51 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Josh smiled nicely as Sam put down the bag and finally looked to Chica once Torben was out of the kennel and coming over, extremely please with himself. When the ranger saw that there was an egg behind her he smiled a bit, going over to pick up the new egg as he figured he'd be taking care of it. Of course the ranger didn't have much better to be doing with his lack of being able to fully function. It shouldn't be too hard to just wait for the little guy to hatch and train them a little bit before giving them to the trainer who was willing to pay for them.

In fact it was one of the easier jobs he'd been able to do, he simply knew it would take a bit of time. "That's one of the features of pokemon I really don't want to know about." he gave, knowing that he'd been able to learn a lot through his time in the rescue center and was always happy to learn more and more about them. The ins and outs of breeding however, was not something that he was often looking to learn more about. Chica was excited and energetic, tail wagging almost like a fan blade and looking up at her new child in Josh's hands.

[Egg posts 1/20]
@Samuel Pandev

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Apr 16 2018, 01:52 AM

37 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.14
N/A
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.42
16%
Locke
Soundproof
Lv.5
6%
Solveig
Blaze
Lv.1
10%

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Apr 16 2018, 01:58 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“Same, I’ll leave the ugly details to the professional breeders,” he said while his nose wrinkled up. Torben pressed up against his leg and he kneeled down to give the dog a thorough rub down. “Such a good virile boy I guess,” he laughed, slightly strangled.

“Thankfully egg’s are supposed to be pretty easy.” Sam gestured to his pile of them. “I’ve yet to have any hatch, but just keeping them close to body heat and people talking is supposed to help. Maybe the station will make it hatch quicker, gets loud in the bullpen.”

Locke snorted, cracking an eye open slightly. She was still mostly asleep too.
[Surprise Egg 10/20]
[Marroon Egg 9/20]

@Josh Rallen

This post has been edited by Samuel Pandev: Apr 16 2018, 02:12 AM

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 02:27 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Thankfully Josh was in agreement with Sam. He was not up for a discussion on exactly how they do whatever it is they do in there. The ranger looked down to his pokemon, "Oh sorry you want your child?" he joked, setting down the egg so Chica could curl up with it the same way she used to do when they were trying to hatch Foxy. "She's clingy with eggs, even when they're not hers." he explained, smiling nicely. He'd forgotten nearly entirely that she'd been like that. "Never knew talking was a factor." he shrugged, no wonder Foxy had been so slow to hatch, he was not in a chatty point in his life when she was an egg.

Knowing that though he would certainly be keeping her in the station, since that would absolutely help. Having Chica curled up with them and hearing all the noise of the place would have that egg hatched in no time. "Think about an incubator?" Josh offered, knowing he could probably borrow one from Benedetta if he really wanted to. "Cuts the time in half." he offered, figuring that he already knew that but giving it anyway.

[Egg posts 2/20]
@Samuel Pandev

This post has been edited by Josh Rallen: Apr 16 2018, 02:49 AM

37 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.14
N/A
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.42
16%
Locke
Soundproof
Lv.5
6%
Solveig
Blaze
Lv.1
10%

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Apr 16 2018, 02:39 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“I’d rather jog a few miles then waste money. Unless I’m going to make a habit of acquiring eggs left and right- but my team’s full at this point.” Honestly he was pretty sure he had his hands full with Gunhild. Torben was nice and obedient, Locke just slept all day, and Igor wasn’t out of his ball much if ever. Unlike the totodile, the pumpkaboo didn’t make surprise escapes from his ball.

“The voice advice was from another ranger. Ever been to Procella? The medic there seems to be constantly finding eggs. Juggles them around, gives the babies away if he can’t keep them.” Not that Iarla was the chatty type either, from what Sam had seen, but he texted back regularly. “Though maybe the station has a spare incubator you can borrow?”

[Surprise Egg 11/20]
[Marroon Egg 10/20]

28 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Bonny
Static
Lv.27
32%
Chica
flash fire
Lv.18
11%
Foxy
run away
Lv.17
9%
Shadow
sturdy
Lv.15
N/A
Eevee
Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Josh Rallen posted at Apr 16 2018, 02:49 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"I spend most of my time in the rescue center, I could probably dig one up if I needed." he responded, realizing that he probably could do that at some point if Benedetta ever had her own incubators in use at some point. "For now though that breeder friend will let me borrow hers when I go give her kennel back. I let her have a pichu from my pikachu so we're pretty decent friends." he explained, looking to Chica, nearly sleeping with her new child already he chuckled at her, before looking to Foxy who was going to town trying to scratch at the dragon pokemon.

"Some crack team I've got." Josh joked, thinking that he had a lot of work to do before he had this team where he'd like them to be for more complex and intense jobs than this. "I'd just jog the egg hatched myself but I'm not doing much of anything since I got out of the hospital a week ago." he sighed, not wanting to press the subject if Sam didn't want to bother getting into it.

[Egg posts 3/20]
@Samuel Pandev

37 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Gunhild
Torrent
Lv.14
N/A
Igor
Pickup
Lv.5
N/A
Torben
Intimidate
Lv.42
16%
Locke
Soundproof
Lv.5
6%
Solveig
Blaze
Lv.1
10%

Lv.
N/A

Samuel Pandev posted at Apr 16 2018, 03:13 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
“Pichu huh?” Sam perked up and Torben quickly turned and shoved a nose up against his neck. “Well, hey, if you’re in the market for maybe breeding another one… I’m looking for one, want a Raichu like they have back home. Cute little guys that surf on their tails.” Though maybe if he was lucky one of those two eggs he had would turn into Pichu’s. He doubt he’d be that lucky though, plus he was pretty sure they hatched really quickly.

Locke glared at the Sentret, realizing now why her scales itched so bad. She leered, hissing loudly as she moved up on her feet and shook her scales noisily.

“And the beast awakens,” Sam sighed, glancing at his own eggs and back at Josh. “Hey, crack teams are the best. I got two of mine from the station at random, picked up Torben on a trip passed the volcano, then just happen to see Locke when flirting with a hottie at the shelter here.” He settled more firmly down, hardly caring if he looked a bit like a slob just sitting on a dirty floor. “So, what’d you do to get hurt anyway?”

[Surprise Egg 12/20]
[Marroon Egg 11/20]

28 years old
AWARDS: