PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO OKEANOS TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Wingull Clamperl Buizel Slowpoke Marill
Okeanos' residential Pokémon are generally very domesticated and comfortable around humans, as all aggressive Pokémon have been driven out of town by the tourism boards. Clamperl, rarely seen in the wild, are harvested here, collected in large man-made basins and kept for their useful pearl-creating abilities. Okeanos' official bird is Wingull.
A vibrant port town, earning capital from large transport ships which service the rest of the island, Okeanos draws in gym leaders, breeders, ranchers, and researchers alike with its variety of shopping options and official -type gym. As a relatively new settlement, many inhabitants of Okeanos are foreigners from other regions, and cultural tension is often high between these newcomers and those who were originally natives of Piscari. Recently settled tourists range all the way from French immigrants to Indonesian newcomers, creating a vibrant and diverse culture that can sometimes boil over with the many cultural differences between new and old residents.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  Stake Out at the Lighthouse, Interaction- Aria
This user is currently Offline.
11 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Scrap can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Scratch
Limber
Lv.15
25%
Bones
Big Pecks
Lv.17
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Scrap posted at Aug 16 2017, 01:34 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Scrap laid back on the beach, a mound of sand being used an improvised pillow. Bones was digging at the ground with one taloned foot, occasionally reaching into the hole with his beak to do...something. The girl didn't really care as long as the Vullaby was entertained. She stared up at the gray clouds drifting over the blue sky, the possibility of rain not escaping her notice. The pretty constant drizzling didn't really bother her, but she knew Scratch wouldn't be happy. Her blue-green eyes moved down, stopping on the lighthouse that was poking out into the sky. Where was that Purrloin?

She had been told by Tweak that he got his Dratini from here. That they gave Pokemon out to young people looking to start their Pokemon adventures if they didn't already have a Pokemon. Scrap had strongly considered marching up to the house and asking for one. They didn't need to know that she already had two friends. But as usual, she was hesitate to go into a place like that. It seemed so...official; it was a laboratory after all. Like they would give a child who could obviously barely feed herself a Pokemon to care for? So, she sent the Purrloin to go check things out. If she couldn't go in there all official, maybe she could lure one away.

The girl sat up when she saw a purple blur streaking toward the beach. When the Purrloin reached her, her tail was fluffed like a bottle-brush and Scrap could smell the fear scent coming off of her as she climbed into the human's lap. Bones stopped what he was doing and joined the, talking to Scratch. Not being able to understand them, Scrap waited a moment before speaking herself. "Geez, Scratch. What happened to you? You act like you saw a ghost." The dark type nodded her head frantically, making Scrap quirk a brow. "They have a ghost type for adoption?" The purple feline shook her head, climbed off Scrap and arched her back, hissing and clawing. "Oh, a guard? Well shit. That blows."

Anyone looking at the beach would see a child, seeming about 8 year old, wearing a shirt and shorts too big for them and no shoes. From this distance and even closer, it would hard to tell if the kid was a boy or a girl with short, messy blond hair. The Purrloin began grooming off the indignity of her experience while the Vullaby covered his beak in an attempt to hold back his growing cackles.

@Aria Taylor

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Aria Taylor can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
domino
static
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Aria Taylor posted at Aug 16 2017, 04:22 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Of course she wasn't satisfied until she saw the Lighthouse! She didn't even know if that would satisfy her. By this point, the girl had calmed down a bit. After being ThunderShocked for the twelfth time, Aria learned her lesson. A lesson that was learned impossibly easily compared to lessons that were certainly to come.

Upon reaching the nearby Lighthouse, Aria's eyes caught the bright light that came from the sun that gleamed its light from the glass. Was that possibly from the source of what she knew had to be where the bright light would slice through fogs and the night sky? Either way, it peaked a sort of spark within her. Now her fire was starting aflame.

And yet... she didn't know what she wanted for her life. She was still thinking about what she wanted for her journey rather than actually journeying. These were all concerns, but what was it that Aria was thinking about?

Of course, all she could think about was how her loser friends weren't there at that moment. That she was the best person in the world because she was looking at this lighthouse from a distant region. This. This was her destiny! Aria was meant to go beyond the likes of normal modern men and women! She was above them!

At least, that's what she thought.

But what did this mean? How was she the best? Was she just the best at everything that she tried? Perhaps. Maybe she was the best at her passion. But what was her passion?

"Emo?" Domino's ears flicked upward as she looked at a general direction. This, of course, caught her Trainer's attention, as both Aria and Domino caught a glimpse of something purple running away from the Lighthouse. They seemed quite a bit in a hurry, but what were they even doing in that lighthouse?

Glancing at her new partner, Aria asked, "You think we should check it out?"

"Mon!" The Emolga nodded in agreement with that idea, and in an instant Aria ran in the direction the purple streak went. It didn't take long for the human to start losing track, but the Electric-Type leaped off of Aria's head and ran on all fours, paying good enough attention to which direction the streak was going. Domino's large ears and sense of smell was good enough to help locate the source without necessarily having to lose track of her new Trainer. That being said, she still wasn't all that close to Aria to really care about that all that much.

Still, Aria was just barely able to keep up, and soon enough, she caught sight of... some little kid? Maybe a boy, maybe a girl, honestly she couldn't tell. Then, the identity of the purple streak came clear. "A Pokemon?" Aria whispered softly enough so that the child couldn't hear her. "Two of them? What is that kid up to sending that Pokemon to the Lighthouse?"

The Emolga, however, appeared to know exactly what one of the Pokemon, probably the kitten, was. She wasn't exactly thrilled to see it. No one from Unova could blame it. Once Aria recognized it, and yes, even Aria knew what it was, its well-known reputation became clear. Purrloin was a Pokemon that was known to cause mischief, and adding a rodent of any kind to the equation, that equated to nothing but trouble. "Monga!"

"So," Aria called over to the kid, no less than suspicious. "I couldn't help but notice your Purrloin was sneaking around the lighthouse. Or, more accurately, it was running away from something. What exactly are you up to?"

"Emonga!"

11 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Scratch
Limber
Lv.15
25%
Bones
Big Pecks
Lv.17
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Scrap posted at Aug 16 2017, 11:12 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Scratch was just turning to pounce on the mocking Vullaby when a voice spoke up, interrupting them. Three sets of eyes moved to the new comers. Scrap quite blatantly looked the teenager up and down, taking in the trainer's appearance and judging her; her expression implied she came up lacking. "Which was it? You saw sneaking or running?" She lowered her voice a bit, like she normally did when talking to people she hadn't grown comfortable with, to help give the impression that she was boy. "Neither are a crime." She stated matter-of-factly, trying to keep from taking on a defensive tone. People were more likely to think you're guilty if you got defensive. The Purrloin sat primly in front of the kid, her tail lazily waving in the air behind her as her emerald eyes focused on the squirrel Pokemon.

The child in the over-sized clothes folded her arms across her stomach. "What's it to you anyway?" She glared at the teenager with blue-green eyes. What was this girl's problem? Here she was, minding her own damn business and this brat just showed up out nowhere and started demanding things? It was generally a better policy to avoid conflict when able and she and her Pokemon could run, but there wasn't any good place to hide out here. There was also the fact that she didn't want to flee. If this princess wanted to shove her nose where it wasn't wanted, Scratch could bite it off while Bones pecked out her eye balls. The Vullaby skulked around from behind the kid, doing his best to look to intimidating and failing miserably; the tiny wings and diapered shaped bone armor, it was next to impossible to look impressive. He was beginning to be just as eager to evolve.

@Aria Taylor

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
domino
static
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Aria Taylor posted at Aug 16 2017, 11:26 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Aria's eyes arched a bit. The kid didn't seem all that aggressive, or at least he didn't try to, she didn't know, but why was he so eager to get her to leave? Sure, it could have been that the kid was too "tough" to simply tell her what was going on, or the kid was just annoyed by her sticking her nose into his business, but the stubborn, arrogant teen was not about to let that one slide.

"Oh, so you weren't causing any problems?" Aria decided to pester, a glint of suspicion, mixed with seeking to annoy, was clearly seen in her eyes. "Then why was your little Purrloin so panicked? It wasn't be chased by anything. It wasn't hurt. So what was it up to, exactly?"

Of course, answering a question with a question didn't do either of them any good, so now was the time for an introduction. "Well, you could I was just curious. You seem to have to Pokemon from my own home region. I'm from Unova you know." Aria arrogantly pointed a thumb in her own direction, keeping her noise to the air as if to prove her superiority. "The name's Aria. Aria Taylor. And who are you?"

Domino, on the other hand, wasn't so friendly to the Purrloin. It was up to something. It had to be. The Emolga glared down the cat with plenty of distrust that came with it. Electricity danced around the rodent dangerously, but once the kitten actually made eye contact with her, the Emolga's bravado diminished. She didn't seem to have an issue with the Vullaby, though it was also apart of this mischievous trio. Had it not been the Purrloin who ran away, honestly she wouldn't know if she would be as suspicious.

Honestly, Domino was biased against Purrloins.

11 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Scratch
Limber
Lv.15
25%
Bones
Big Pecks
Lv.17
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Scrap posted at Aug 17 2017, 10:26 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
The child returned the teen's glare with one of her own as she shrugged dismissively. "She was hunting and got spooked." Scrap lied easily before adding, "I still don't see how it's any of your damn business." Seriously? What was with this girl? A more astute individual than herself would recognize that the teenager had a chip on her shoulder, just like the kid did, but she was loathe to compare herself to this petite girl. Then the chick admitted to just being curious; rather accusing for just being curious. Scrap glanced at her Pokemon and then quirked a gold eyebrow at her. "Whoop-tee-do for you, lady." So, what? Purrloin and Vullaby were from her region so she had claim over knowing everything about them?

The would-be boy scoffed at her arrogance, smirking. "Nobody cares about who you are or where you come from." She commented harshly, sliding her hands to her hips. Everything about this entitled Princess rubbed Scrap the wrong the way. From her prim clothes, well-groomed skin and hair, and name, to the way she just held herself. Spoiled, know-it-all, brat if she were to take a guess. When the Emolga made eye contact with the purple feline, Scratch wiped her tongue over her lips, tail moving more quickly. She could feel the little dual type's dislike, but also that she didn't have the confidence for an outright challenge; how prey of her.

The scrawny kid's turquoise eyes glanced form Scratch to the rat thing on Aria's shoulder. "Look, you got a problem? Why don't we sort this like everyone else?" She nodded to her the Emolga. "I bet my Purrloin can take your mouse." She challenged, causing the aforementioned Pokemon to get to her feet, eyes glinting eagerly.

@Aria Taylor

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
domino
static
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Aria Taylor posted at Aug 18 2017, 06:06 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Hm..." Aria simply hummed, making it very clear that she didn't buy this "little boy's" story. It was clear that the boy was starting to get a little annoyed by the way he was speaking, with the way he was cussing, and frankly not being very nice. On the contrary, though Aria wasn't too thrilled about what the child had to say, and despite outright accusing him of being up to something, the teen wasn't outright dismissing anything the kid said. A lot of her mannerisms came from an etiquette school she went to, and though it ultimately failed in changing her from a rebellious teen, which she still was, it wasn't like she wasn't affected by the years she spent there at all.

As far as the little boy's comment to her attempt at making a friendly introduction, the girl couldn't help but scowl that his rudeness. "Well, excuse me!" Aria practically hissed at the boy. "Here I am trying to make a friendly introduction, treating you like any decent human being would. How would you feel if someone said that to you?" Frankly, Aria felt like the boy wasn't being fair. After all, he was the one being suspicious, and she had half a mind to let the authorities know.

It wasn't like they would actually do anything about it, but once the boy does slip up, and she was certain he would, they would remember what Aria said. At the very least, they'd be keeping a good eye on him, that was for sure.

Meanwhile, it seemed like Domino and the Purrloin were having a bit of a staring contest and... the cat was winning.

"Wait," Aria said, finally calming herself down, with a little arch of her brown eyebrows. "Are you saying you want a battle?"

Aria didn't know if other people would say in a situation like this. Again, the whole Pokemon aspect she could take or leave, so she wasn't all that excited or anything for her first battle. She didn't even know if she wanted to battle this brat. That is, not until he said one thing.

"What did you just say?" Aria's voice at that very moment was soft, but it had a hint of poison in it. And this poison was so potent that a chill seemed to run down Domino's spine. Sure, again, the Pokemon aspect Aria could take or leave, but Domino was her responsibility. She was to start to her new family pack, and for this brat to go on and say, and she quoted "I bet my Purrloin could take your mouse."

Urgh! Emolga weren't mice! Even she looked at her Pokedex while meeting Andy and knew that much! "For your information," Aria pointed out softly but firmly, though her volume only grew as her aggression did. "Domino- oh I'm sorry you don't care about her name, do you? Well, you know what, brat? I don't care. Domino, for your information, isn't a mouse, or a rat, or anything but a flying squirrel. I know you took that as a form of insult, and don't deny it!"

Aria had to take in deep breaths to keep herself from launching herself at him and beating the crap out of him. "Now, if you have issues with me, and flat out insult me, that's fine. More power to ya. I could care less about what you have to say to me, because I love myself enough to make up for the fact that you have not so nice things to say. But you do not, I repeat, you do NOT talk about Domino, or any Pokemon I have now or in the future, in that manner! You understand?"

Aria felt absolutely triggered, but after getting all of that off of her chest, the teen managed to take in a final deep breath, and let out a heavy sigh before reclaiming her composure. "And as for this challenge, we do accept, and I'll have you know that Domino will wipe the floor with your thieving feline!" Hey, if he could insult her Pokemon, so could she his.

"Emo emon!" Domino, too, wasn't all that thrilled about the insult, and electricity began dancing around her cheeks. At this very moment, though she didn't seem to like where the conversation was going initially, Domino was more than ready to wipe that predatory expression off of that cocky cat's face!

This post has been edited by Aria Taylor: Aug 18 2017, 06:08 AM

11 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Scratch
Limber
Lv.15
25%
Bones
Big Pecks
Lv.17
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Scrap posted at Aug 18 2017, 10:37 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Scrap smirked as she managed to get a rise out of my prissy britches. "Sorry if I seem to have a hard time going from being unjustly [b]accused[/i] to friendly conversation." She said with heavy sarcasm and not feeling the least bit sorry. "And I already know no one cares unless they want something from you." She added, an edge to her dropped tone. Scrap preferred if people weren't interested in who she was or where she came from. It made it easier to move around without being noticed, to steal, and to basically survive. When people starting taking note of you, that's when the real trouble started.

When the girl spoke softly, the blond was worried she might had overstepped and just earned herself an ass-kicking, but managed to keep her expression neutral. When the girl proceeded on a rant, however, Scrap was less concerned about her body and more concerned about her ears. She supposed a lecturing was better than a pummeling, but the volume made her cringe a bit. Damn harpy. Bones was trying to duck down into his Bone armor while Scratch flattened her ears to her skull. When Scrap finally seemed to have leave to speak, she shrugged, looking at Aria like she was slightly unhinged. "Okay, geez. I don't know what she is. Small body, big ears, like a Ratatta." She said defensively; like, what else was she suppose to think? She'd never even seen any of the other squirrel type Pokemon.

She liked how this Aria flat out admitted how full of herself she was and that she just contradicted herself a few moments earlier. If she didn't care about what Scrap called her, then why get in such a tiff over the whole name thing? The mentally rolled her eyes. "There you go, making accusations again." She commented with a smirk as she backed up to clear some space between them for their Pokemon to battle. The Vullaby went with the kid, but the Purrloin remained where she was, She got to her, tail still thrashing, and glared at the Emolga. "Purrloin, purr. Loin purr." She taunted, emerald eyes flashing.

((If you hover over the Pokemon speech, it'll give you a translation. If you want to use it, the code is
CODE
[dohtml]<i title="hover text">"Pokemon speech"</i>[/dohtml]

Also, preference on if Aria loses or wins? Right now, Scratch is technically level 10, which puts Domino at a disadvantage. I could drop Scratch a couple of levels. With Emolga's higher STAB, a couple of levels of difference shouldn't make it unfair. ))

@Aria Taylor

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
domino
static
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Aria Taylor posted at Aug 18 2017, 05:56 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Wait, wha-" Aria had to stifle a bit of an awkward laughter. "You think I'm trying to get something off of you, or something?" Aria's laughter, for that moment, couldn't be contained. Sure, the boy was suspicious, and she knew he was up to something, but Aria knew it wasn't really any of her business. She just wanted to mess with him a little bit because she knew he was up to something. "Dude, I just wanted to know your name. And messing with suspicious people is also a bonus, but what's wrong with wanting to know someone's name?"

But of course... he called Domino a mouse. So she got mad again. But that already happened, so we'll just move on.

Well, in all actuality, the boy didn't know what squirrel Pokemon looked like. Well, how was she supposed to know that? The kid had two Pokemon from Unova! How could he NOT know what an Emolga was? Unless... well he could have gotten them from another region. Maybe even this one?

But that would mean that Emolga could be found here, too, right? So how doesn't he know what any of the squirrel Pokemon were? Not that she knew when she first got Emolga. Actually, she didn't recognize what Domino was at all.

But you know what? She wasn't sorry either. If she knew what this boy was up to, and she knew he was up to something, then the brat could end up in jail. Hunting in the Lighthouse? Right. The lighthouse. What could a Purrloin possibly be hunting for at some lighthouse.

Wait a minute. What was it that the speaker said that they gave at the Lighthouse when she first stepped off of that boat..? ...Oh that sneaky little brat. She had no proof, and there was no way to tell if she was right, but no one could prove that she was wrong. If she wanted details, she'd have to take his word for it, but frankly, she didn't trust him for that.

So, for now, that subject would be dropped. If he was, in fact, up to something, he'd be caught eventually. No one can get away with that kind of dirty work forever.

Aria looked at the Emolga on her should, who was just as put off by the Purrloin as her Trainer was the boy. Though, again, neither one of them really minded the Vulaby. It was just... doing its own thing? Maybe supporting its Trainer, but its a Pokemon. Of course its gonna do that.

Anyway, Domino jumped off of Aria's shoulder and gently glided down to the ground, landing on the tip of one of her tiny feet before putting both feet firmly on the ground. Then, the Emolga went on all fours, seemingly ready to put this kitten down a notch. But... then the Purrloin spoke. And her courage vanished. "Mon..." Yeah. Domino was not battling by choice anymore.

In an instant, Domino did a one-eighty and climbed into Aria's purse. There, she tried to find her Pokeball to escape into, but her Trainer was having none of that. "Domino!" Aria pulled the timid Emolga out of the bag and placed her on the ground. "This is no time to be a chicken! You can take that cat, you just have to prove it."

Based on her Trainer's expression, Domino knew she wasn't getting out of this, but that didn't stop her from trying. "Emo emo?" The only response Domino got from her Trainer was a stern nod, causing the Emolga to trudge back into her position, ears drooped out of uncertainty. "Ga..."

Aria smiled, as if this battle was assured. "Come on, Domino! You can totally beat this alley cat! Just use your ThunderShock attack!" At this point, Aria was only really aware of the Domino's ThunderShock, so that was the only attack she knew it could do.

None the less, Domino did as she was told, and was on all fours again. Electricity began dancing all around the Emolga before the sky squirrel let out the electric attack. "Emon...Ga!"

(Thanks, this is cool! I didn't know that was a thing. As for who wins... All I care about is that it's not that easy of a win. I don't care who actually wins, though really, I'm kind of torn between the two options. I want Aria to be humbled, but being beaten by an eleven year old by might be too much humbling too fast. I don't want her to be learning lessons that quickly. She is stubborn after all. But being beaten by a little kid is too embarrassing for her not to learn something. And all her major humblings aren't really going to sink in until a bit later. So... I don't know? Let's just say that if Scrap does win, let's try not to make it too embarrassing for Aria. Yet.)

user posted image

Domino
Species: Emolga
Level: 5
Link: 5%
Ability: Static
Moveset: ThunderShock, Growl, Quick Attack
Held Item: None

Dice Roll: 1d100: 25 = 25

@Scrap

This post has been edited by Aria Taylor: Aug 21 2017, 04:12 AM

11 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Scratch
Limber
Lv.15
25%
Bones
Big Pecks
Lv.17
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Scrap posted at Aug 21 2017, 06:00 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Scrap glared at Aria as she laughed. Apparently, she was just another jerk teenager. She smirked at the girl. "Well, wanting to mess with me is something, isn't it? Entertainment?" She challenged, though there wasn't much venom in her tone now. She rolled her eyes. "They call me Scrap." She admitted, wanting this trainer to recognize the name of the person about to beat her.

When the Emolga froze, then spun and retreated to the safety of her trainer, Scratch snickered, Bones cackled, and Scrap chortled. "How, exactly, do you plan to win if your Pokemon is hiding?" She asked between laughs, holding her sides from the effort. The Purrloin sat, grooming her paw innocently while Aria working on convincing her Emolga to battle. When the squirrel Pokemon reluctantly returned to her spot, the purple feline stretched, being sure to extend her claws and flex them in the sand for the dual type to see. The Vullaby cackled some more, knowing exactly what his fellow dark type was doing. Scrap waited, arms folded. "Are you ready now?"

Scratch held her ground as the bolt of electricity flew toward her and she braced herself for when it hit. It certainly stung, that was for sure, but her coat didn't all the tendrils of energy to stick with her for long. She shook herself, tail thrashing and leveled her piercing eyes on her opponent. "Purr purrloin, puuurrr." She cooed softly, digging her claws into the sand before kicking off and closing the distance. Once close enough, she leaped and slashed down with one paw full of razors.

user posted image
Scratch the Purrloin Lv 10 Ability Limber (78%)
Hit by Thundershock!
Used Scratch! Accuracy 100%
This attack is normal against Domino.
Dice Roll: 1d100: 100 = 100

@Aria Taylor

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
domino
static
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Aria Taylor posted at Aug 22 2017, 02:08 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Domino tried her hardest to ignore the sneaky Pokemon's attempt at intimidating her as she let the electric attack out. It seemed to make its desired affect, so that brought the little squirrel's confidence up a bit. The Emolga smirked and puffed her arms and chest in a bit of pride, showcasing that she didn't know her own strength.

"Emon!" Domino cheered at her first step to victory against the sneaky Dark-Type. That's what it got for trying to scare her. Maybe this time it'll learn not to mess with Domino.

However, her confidence instantly vanished when she locked eyes with the predatory Pokemon. "Emon..." Domino's ears drooped as she backed away a bit in more reluctance to battle. It was all fine and dandy when she was the one with the upper hand, but it was a different story when she was the one being attacked.

The Emolga flinched at the Purrloin's threatening words, and was unable to dodge the Scratch attack. "Emon!" Domino grunted as the impact of the Scratch attack caused her to back up a bit. It slashed the back of her head, causing Domino to pat it tenderly. "Emon..." Domino was right back at square one with her confidence.

"Don't let that dumb cat scare you Domino!" Aria said, trying to make the Purrloin out to be a less scary of a threat that it was. "Uh... what other attacks do you know? What did the dex say..?" Aria had to think for a few seconds before remembering another attack Domino could do. "That's it! If it can use its freaky tactics on you, than you can use your talents on it! Domino, use Quick Attack!"

Aria's confidence helped the Emolga at least try to be brave as she built up to a speed in which the Emolga couldn't be seen with the naked eye. "Emonga? Emon!" Domino catapulted herself head first, aiming straight for the cat's forehead.

user posted image

Domino
Domino, the Emolga Lv. 5 Ability: Static (68%)
Hit by Scratch!
Used Quick Attack! Accuracy 100%
This attack is normal against Scratch!
Dice Roll: 1d100: 27 = 27

11 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Scratch
Limber
Lv.15
25%
Bones
Big Pecks
Lv.17
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Scrap posted at Aug 22 2017, 03:02 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Scratch took great pleasure in watching the Emolga shrink back from her as she stalked forward before she struck, leaving three lines across the back of the Pokemon's head. She slunk back and forth, waiting to see if the squirrel would retreat back to her trainer again. When Aria called her stupid, the feline's ear flicked in irritation. How would that girl like a scratch to match her Pokemon's? When Aria seemed to be struggling with remembering Domino's other attacks, Scrap quirked a brow. "You don't even know your Pokemon's moves?" She asked incredulously. "Are you a complete newb at this, or what?" Scrap continued, seeming more interested in the answer than actually mocking her.

The blond didn't give her Pokemon orders, she let them fight their own battle. If they needed support from her, she would give it, but she trusted them to fight on their own. After all, they had been fighting before she ever found them. The Purrloin was surprised when Domino disappeared in a flash, only to reappear and headbutt her. The feline stumbled back, seeing stars for a few seconds, before shaking her head to clear her mind. Scratch glared at the dual type and swiped at her again.

user posted image
Scratch the Purrloin Lv 8 Ability Limber (66%)
Hit by Quick Attack!
Dice Roll: 1d100: 4 = 4

((I think when you did the calculator, you entered 10 for Scratch's level instead of 8. The damage should have been more around 22% in stead of 32%.))

@Aria Taylor

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
domino
static
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Aria Taylor posted at Aug 23 2017, 01:48 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
"Well, for your information," Aria began her statement all high and mighty before simply and matter of factually said, "Yes. I'm a new Trainer who just started on her journey. Is there something wrong with that?" Aria didn't have a hint of venom in her voice like before since it seemed as though she honestly didn't think being a "newb" was a problem.

Needless to say, the Quick Attack made its mark, and Domino continued to straighten herself up, but as much as the Purrloin was dazed for a moment, Scratch came back with a vengeance. Apparently she was still a little sore from Aria calling her stupid, because it seemed as though the next Scratch attack held that rage. Once again, the Emolga was swiped by the cat's claw, but this time she let out quite the screech, and tears formed in her eyes as she glared at the mean cat.

With little regard for any commands Aria would try to give her, Domino let out yet another ThunderShock out of anger, causing her Trainer to flinch. It seemed as though that Scratch attack hurt a lot, but that also begged the question of how long Domino would be able to handle fighting. She was, of course, quite a young Pokemon.

Once she was done unleashing her fury, Domino glared at the sneaky Pokemon, anything resembling fear completely gone and replaced by anger at the feline. "Emo emonga!" Domino scolded as her anger caused more electricity to dance around her. Hopefully the Purrloin wasn't planning on scaring the Emolga as one of her tactics, because, at least this time, it wouldn't work. Domino was far too angry.

user posted image

Domino the Emolga, Lv 5. Ability Static (47%)
Hit by Scracth! Critical Hit!
Used ThunderShock! Accuracy 100%, Paralysis 0%, Negated by Purrloin's Limber ability.
This attack is normal against Scratch.

Dice Roll: 1d100: 9 = 9

11 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Scratch
Limber
Lv.15
25%
Bones
Big Pecks
Lv.17
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Scrap posted at Aug 23 2017, 11:32 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Scrap blinked at her honesty and, well, lack of defensiveness. "I mean, I guess not. You gotta start somewhere." She admitted, scratching her blond her. "I'd just thought someone like you would be more prepared, that's all." The would-be boy added, still not seeming to give offense, but stating blatant honesty like most children did.

Scratch could feel her claws sink in deeper than normal, finding the perfect purchase for her rip that rodent a good one. Perhaps if her trainer learned to not insult people, or Pokemon, the Emolga wouldn't need to take such a beating. The shriek that came from the dual type sent jolts of predatory pleasure down the feline's back and she slipped into a stalk to circle back around the flying squirrel. However, when she made eye contact with Domino, the Pokemon was cringing or fleeing, she was glaring angrily at her. The cat's tail thrashed, her interest peeked as this little fur ball challenged her. Then the jolt of electricity struck her, stronger than the one previous, most likely fed by the rage the Emolga was feeling. Scratch sprang back, a yowl turning into a hiss as she tried to shake off the clingy wisps of static. Once again, the crawling jolts couldn't keep hold of her sleek form and dissipated. "Purr purrloin! Lo loin purr purrloin!" She spat back.

Despite her words, the feline seemed a bit more hesitant to get back in there, knowing that another strike like that one would likely put her out of commission. She couldn't let this smug girl with this uppity rodent win. Tail fluffed from the anticipation, the purple Purrloin darted back in for another scratch attack.

user posted image
Scratch the Purrloin Lv 8 Ability Limber (36%)
Hit by Thunder Shock!
Dice Roll: 1d100: 67 = 67

@Aria Taylor

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
domino
static
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Aria Taylor posted at Sep 2 2017, 03:49 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Aria folded her arms and seemed to stick her nose in the air and smirk a bit. "Well, for your information, this happens to be the first time I ever battled with anyone. Also, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but this might be Domino's first actual battle as well. But, eh, I dunno." Aria shrugged, showing off a lot more of a laid back side than she had previously. It seemed as though they were finally straying from having conversations that were nothing but bickering. Honestly, she didn't know how to feel about that.

She knew in her head and heart that he was up to no good, and yet she was starting to make friendly conversations with him? "Hey! Wait a minute!" Aria shouted abruptly. "What's that to you anyway? So what if I'm not all that prepared? I can be as prepared as I want, thank you! And I'm not going to let some shifty little boy even suggest that I can't wipe you across the floor with this battle!"

Perhaps any level headed person would refrain from causing conflict with him more than she already had, but Aria was as stubborn as a stone once she had her mind made up. So, instead of really paying any sort of attention to the battle, which honestly Domino only wanted to hurt the cat in one way anyway, and Scratch's strategy wasn't all that brilliant either, Aria began pestering the little shady boy with various smirks. She was daring him to prove to her with solid evidence that he was doing nothing wrong. Not that she would believe him anyway.

Meanwhile, Domino's attack seemed to do better than anticipated, and honestly surprised the little squirrel. In all reality, she'd not really expected for her ThunderShock to really make that big of a mark. Domino blinked a couple of times, but seeing as the kitten had yet to faint, Domino continued glaring at her new rival.

"Em... Emo em em mon emonga!" Domino rebutted as she balled her paws into fists and yelled at her before folding her arms. Blinded by her rage, Domino was once again hit by a Scratch attack. This one wasn't quite as painful, but it still fed the little rodent's anger. However, her energy was no longer there. At the moment, she was just a tad bit worse off than the kitten, but that wasn't all that well either because this was her first battle.

The cat could handle the amount of damage that it had taken, but the Emolga's taking of hits didn't really feel good to her at all. Had she not been so mad at the cat, she may have called it quits right then and there, but she refused to lose to Scratch.

Domino let loose yet another ThunderShock, keeping her feet as firm to the ground as possible. She wasn't going to be able to keep this up much longer, and desperately wanted to win.

user posted image

Domino the Emolga, Lv. 5, Ability Static (27%)
Hit by Scratch!
Used ThunderShock! Accuracy 100%, Paralysis 0% (Limber)
This attack is normal on Scratch.

Dice Roll: 1d100: 13 = 13

11 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Scratch
Limber
Lv.15
25%
Bones
Big Pecks
Lv.17
25%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Scrap posted at Sep 4 2017, 07:58 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Scrap couldn't help but give a sarcastic reply, a smirk on her lips. "Really? I never would have guessed it was your first time battling." Her emerald eyes shining with mischief as she teased the older the girl. She couldn't help but poke at the girl, it irritated her that despite the opportunity to be more prepared for her adventure, she had woefully decided not to be. There were a number of kids she knew, including herself, who would fight and claw for the chance to have some advantage. The street kid could tell just from her clothing and mannerisms that she likely came from money. She didn't even have to be out here! She could be at home; warm, safe, and well-fed.

A flash of jealously lashed through the 11-year-old. "Yeah, you have a choice. Isn't that nice?" She sneered, feeling her earlier laid-back attitude leaving her in face of this pampered princess. Scrap was suddenly conscious of her tattered clothing and dirty, bare feet. She didn't often feel self-conscious, it was what it was and she did the best she could, but this girl's haughty look made her want to squirm with discomfort and she hated it. The Vullaby next to her stepped closer, doing his best to wrap his tiny wings around her thin leg while glaring at Aria.

The Purrloin was focused on her opponent, but she still kept an ear out for Scrap. She could hear the banter between the two girls and her ears flattened at the venom in her trainer's voice. She could feel the resentment from Scrap and it made her want to claw this Aria girl. The feline flinched as another thunder shock struck her; she was really feeling her wounds now, but there was no way she was giving up. The least she could do was make this stuck up foreigner lose her first battle. Her tail lashed. [dohtml]<i title="Honestly, rodent, this is now less about you and more about my girl.">"Purrloin, loin purr, lo purr purrloin purr."

Digging her claws into the sand, she threw herself forward before shoving off the ground to launch herself up into the air. Raising one clawed paw, she brought it down on the Emolga, trying to put the momentum from her leap into the attack to really dig her claws in.

user posted image
Scratch the Purrloin Lv 8 Ability Limber (12%)
Hit by Thundershock!
Dice Roll: 1d100: 39 = 39

@Aria Taylor

16 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
domino
static
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Aria Taylor posted at Sep 5 2017, 05:01 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Aria's eyebrows seemed to arch at the venom in the boy's voice. This certainly wasn't quite the reaction she was trying to bait out of him. In reality, Aria was trying to get the kid to try and defend himself. Try and prove her wrong. Try to say that the Purrloin was just minding her own business, or "hunting". But it seemed as though that bait didn't line and sink. Not that it did anything to detour her theory. If anything, she was now more convinced than ever that he was up to no good, and that this punk kid was not to be trusted.

If for no other reason, then Aria knew she was doing good with keeping an eye on the kid. How was he supposed to cause trouble that was law breaking when he was too busy battling her and Domino?

Still, seeing as this silence made talking awkward, the girl turned her attention back to the battle, and realized that neither one of their Pokemon were doing very well at all. At the moment, it seemed as though the Purrloin was doing worse, but obviously that was about to change.

Domino could hardly gloat about her victory anymore, as she slumped lower than she ever had before. Electricity was buzzing out of her yellow cheeks, as she tried to take in and out steady breathes. The attempt to try and catch her breath left the poor thing prey to yet another Scratch attack, and this time Domino fell down.

"Domino!" Aria instinctively called out in horror. For a split second, Aria thought that perhaps the Purrloin had won the fight, but that wasn't quite the end of it. Despite all the wounds, Domino pushed herself off the ground, tail almost dragging on the ground as she took in bits of huffed breaths. the squirrel continued to glare at her foe in determination, though the panic in Aria's eyes told that she wanted this to stop. "Domino, forget it! You don't have to fight anymore. Come back, the battle's over."

The girl didn't know how to feel. On one hand, the Emolga had caused her a mountain of trouble, but on the other hand, she was her responsibility. Domino was the reason her mother allowed her to travel, the reason she was able to achieve her independence in the first place. She didn't want to make her suffer on her accord just to humble some kid.

Domino looked back at her Trainer, and with eyes bent on tearing this cat a new one, shook her head. "Mon..."

"Domino? Domino! I said, the battle's over!" There was quite a bit of desperation in Aria's voice now, but once again, the Emolga was defiant. Domino glared back at her foe in raw determination, as she once again prepared for a ThunderShock. The Trainer continued to plea with her Pokemon to stop fighting for her own good, but the defiant Emolga unleashed what certainly seemed like her last ThunderShock of this battle. Despite being so exhausted already, Domino was determined to make this attack count.

user posted image

Domino the Emolga, Lv. 5, Ability Static (5%)
Hit by Scratch!
Used ThunderShock! Accuracy 100%, Paralysis 0% (Limber)
This attack is normal on Scratch.
Dice Roll: 1d100: 58 = 58

11 years old
Open Inventory
LC: