PLEDGE
-- a pokémon roleplay
Welcome to PLEDGE!
This is a Pokémon roleplaying forum designed and run by the PLEDGE TEAM. Please read the RULES thoroughly before joining.

Read everything? Sounds good? Go ahead and register an account to join us. Or if you are already a member, log in right down here:

Login:

Remember Me

Login Anonymously
Check out our skins!

WELCOME TO OKEANOS TOWN
LOCAL INFORMATION
Local Pokémon: Wingull Clamperl Buizel Slowpoke Marill
Okeanos' residential Pokémon are generally very domesticated and comfortable around humans, as all aggressive Pokémon have been driven out of town by the tourism boards. Clamperl, rarely seen in the wild, are harvested here, collected in large man-made basins and kept for their useful pearl-creating abilities. Okeanos' official bird is Wingull.
A vibrant port town, earning capital from large transport ships which service the rest of the island, Okeanos draws in gym leaders, breeders, ranchers, and researchers alike with its variety of shopping options and official -type gym. As a relatively new settlement, many inhabitants of Okeanos are foreigners from other regions, and cultural tension is often high between these newcomers and those who were originally natives of Piscari. Recently settled tourists range all the way from French immigrants to Indonesian newcomers, creating a vibrant and diverse culture that can sometimes boil over with the many cultural differences between new and old residents.
CURRENT EVENTS:
No current events...

Add Reply
📄 New Topic

>  A Vague Reunion [Battle]
This user is currently Offline.
19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Raphael Scandon can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Hábrók
Sheer Force
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Raphael Scandon posted at Jun 9 2018, 09:50 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Sitting at a high-class cafe overlooking a beautiful park full of stunning flowers, Raphael thanked Hawthorne for this blessing of his ability to manage and pay for the seemingly inexhaustible supply of bills that arose form Raphael’s frequent to satiate his hunger; Raphael's sweet tooth had started to ache once more, and at times like this money really did show the difference in the quality of desserts available to eat. Having ordered his new favourite, Raphael heard a bell being rung and saw a waiter hurry off and disappear behind a pair of sliding doors before emerging with a silver tray that he presented to Raphael with professional flourish. On it was a elegant light sponge cake, with thin layers of sponge slotted between chartreuse lime curd and vanilla laced whipped cream, and then decorated with amber sugarwork, candied citrus and sprigs of mint to top it off. Another jewel of this cafe for him to taste, whose appetising looks we’re alleviated unto a greater level by the rumblings of Raphael’s stomach and the excited chirping of a hungry Hábrók, the two instantly digging in with greedy abandon.
Once finished and gorged to the very bottom of their guts, Raphael carried a plumpened Rufflet out of the cafe and thought on how to work away this buildup of calories. Passing by the entrance into the lively park, he realised the way that they would burn some fat - or, more accurately, Hábrók would - a challenging battle. Breathing in the fresh air and scent of flowers that mingled in a sweet harmony, Raphael glanced around to spot any Trainers that looked ready to battle, catching sight of a strangely familiar face frolicking around with a… lawnmower. As he thought that, a bemused Hábrók headbutted him in disagreement to this idea, and Raphael clocked that it was a Rotom inhabiting the appliance. Walking up to the girl, Raphael crossed her path and she looked him in the eyes in vague recognition. Taking care to establish his good intentions, Raphael declared in a joking manner,
‘It seems like our eyes met! I’m not sure how matters work over here, but where I’m from that means only one thing: it’s time for a battle! That Rotom of yours seems to have quite a strong will, so how about we test it against my little Rufflet here?’

This post has been edited by Raphael Scandon: Jun 10 2018, 07:29 PM

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Jewel can link with up to Pokémon at a time!
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.16
29%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
27%
Mort
levitate
Lv.5
N/A
Ohm
Levitate
Lv.1
10%

Jewel posted at Jun 10 2018, 07:36 AM
Quote ❝❞
^
Jewel peered at the odd stranger that walked up, a little to close for her liking, and stared into her eyes. Something about him seemed familiar, but then she had been in Okeanos so long EVERYONE was starting to look familiar. THAT rotom? You may wish to be more specific.... As the girl spoke and waved her hands, Raphael would surely recognize the washing machine that they had seen before; but now there was also a lawn mower rotom nearby and they seemed to be talking. For some strange reason there also seemed to be a music box atop the washing machine, along with a pink slug pokemon.

That being said I'd be more than game enough to battle. I have a hatchling I'd like to send in first though, so I would ask that I be given the first move. HEY GUYS... we are going to have a battle! Jewel walked over towards the washingmachine, and picked up the jewelry box, and the slug, putting the pink one on her shoulder. The lawnmower and washing machine floated and rolled to the shade of a enarby tree as if getting out of the way. Jewel herself walked off a little ways and stood there with the jewelry box and pink slug, awaiting her now opponent to prepare for battle.

You two, she stated pointing to the appliances Look around that tree there for any large roots, we need one. If you find any, put them next to the berry pot, okay? The two older rotoms bobbed up and down as if nodding and began to look for the roots, while still trying to keep an eye on the battlefield.
@Raphael Scandon

looking for big root
Berry pot with berry inside

This post has been edited by Jewel: Jun 11 2018, 12:51 PM

----------

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Hábrók
Sheer Force
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Raphael Scandon posted at Jun 10 2018, 07:41 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Hearing Jewel’s request, Raphael casually agreed with no hesitation, ‘I don’t mind who gets the first move! Either way, it’ll be just as fair and fun a match, I’m sure!’ With that, Hábrók jumped off of his shoulder and with a sweep of a feathered wing introduced itself to its opponents with a high pitched and cheerful chirp. However, Raphael was not as sure than his lively partner.

‘So which one of these Rotoms are you planning on using? I’m quite interested in that strange-looking jewel box, I assume it’s also a Rotom judging by its ghostly outline, but I’ve never seen a form like that on all of my travels… Seems like a battle that will be quite the unpredictable one! I’m already liking this! Whenever you’re ready, we’re now up to start.’
Hábrók nodded in agreement and took position in front of Raphael.
@Jewel

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.16
29%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
27%
Mort
levitate
Lv.5
N/A
Ohm
Levitate
Lv.1
10%

Jewel posted at Jun 10 2018, 07:53 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
I'm quite surprised you were able to ascertain Ohm is a rotom rather than a normal music box. As far as I know, he is the only rotom to ever possess such a thing. It is truly unique, and a delta as well. With a toss, Jewel lightly lobbed the jewelry box forward a few feet, but rather than crash to the ground, it stopped a foot off, and the lid opened on it's own, revealing a pair of rotom eyes on the figure inside.

The two older rotom buzzed with encouragement to the sprightly little one, causing it to spin happily before a cleared throat from Jewel brought it back to its current situation in reality. The lid bobbed up and down a few times, waiting for the command. It came soon after, Ohm, use Astonish! The music box floated up into the air and twirled around a few times, before suddenly shutting the lid with a loud audible bang and a blast of ghostly energies.

Level 1 Delta Rotom named Ohm, in music box form, 10% link, Levitate ability, Discharge, Astonish, Thunder Shock, draining kiss.
Hp =100%
Attacks with Astonish
Dice Roll: 1d100: 44 = 44accuracy is 100%, 30% chance to flinch

@Raphael Scandon

----------

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Hábrók
Sheer Force
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Raphael Scandon posted at Jun 11 2018, 12:26 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
With a loud crash of the jewel box Rotom’s lid, this new and strange battle began. Hábrók’s sensitive ears took quite the hurting in response, but shrugged off the ghostly aura that poured outwards towards him with a triumphant song.

‘While I’m sure Hábrók’s ears are still ringing from that sound, I’m afraid you’ve not done much more than that. Have you forgotten, Rufflet’s have a Normal type attributed to them, and so can more easily deal with the aura of Ghost types! Now that I’ve discerned this Rotom still holds a Ghost typing, we’re ready to play! Let’s get this rolling in style! Peck!

Nodding in agreement with this choice, Hábrók swooped into the air with dazzling grace, before lowering its centre of gravity downwards and slicing through the air with its beak forwards as it gradually folded in its wings and plummeted towards the Rotom.

Rufflet/Level 5:
Sheer Force with Peck, Fury Attack, Drill Run and Hurricane.
Full/100% HP.
Uses Peck.
Success Roll: Dice Roll: 1d100: 42 = 42

This post has been edited by Raphael Scandon: Jun 11 2018, 12:30 PM

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.16
29%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
27%
Mort
levitate
Lv.5
N/A
Ohm
Levitate
Lv.1
10%

Jewel posted at Jun 11 2018, 12:42 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Well that made Jewel feel stupid. How could she forget that that chicken was a normal type? Given her pokemon literally hatched just yesterday, any hit they took was going to be devastating, and to basically throw off a first move like that... Not only that, but they were going to be forced to show their trump card. She had hoped having such a unique pokemon would throw her opponents off, but either this kid was lucky, or he had some sort of preternatural skills of perception. Either way, she didn't expect to win this fight, but if she didn't jump back in quickly, they'd make no progress at all!

Damn it. Sorry Ohm, make it feel better. Go give that mean chickadee a big ol smooch on the beak. The music box was still shuddering a bit from the blow, but luckily the rotoms feel protected the fragile box from harm, even if it hurt them like hell. At Jewel's order the lid flipped open again as the box burst forward, the dancer inside seeming to grow a much larger pair of lips all of a sudden as it dove for the normal typing that had stymied its last attack.

Level 1 Delta Rotom named Ohm, in music box form, 10% link, Levitate ability, Discharge, Astonish, Thunder Shock, draining kiss.
Hit be LE Peck
Hp =61%
Attacks with Draining Kiss
Dice Roll: 1d100: 48 = 48 accuracy is 100%, heals significantly from this move if it lands.

@Raphael Scandon

----------

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Hábrók
Sheer Force
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Raphael Scandon posted at Jun 11 2018, 08:23 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Hábrók smirked as he admired his handiwork, but with the box’s lid springing open yet again, he was completely unprepared for the strange pair of phantasmal lips leap towards him, exhausting him, and stunning Raphael as well.

‘Was that Draining Kiss? No, that can’t be right at all… I’m sure this is a Rotom, so such a move should not be able to be learnt! I see, I was quite right in saying this will be unpredictable. In that case, Hábrók, let’s get this strange Rotom off of the battlefield before it pulls off anymore tricks! Hurricane!’

The Rufflet leapt into the air in response and rotated its body at astonishing speeds, slowly unfurling its wings to produce high speed winds that it sent hurtling towards the Rotom.

Rufflet/Level 5:
85% HP.
Uses Hurricane.
Success Roll: Dice Roll: 1d100: 54 = 54

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.16
29%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
27%
Mort
levitate
Lv.5
N/A
Ohm
Levitate
Lv.1
10%

Jewel posted at Jun 12 2018, 01:15 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
When her opponent called out for such a powerful move to be used on a hatchling, Jewel's eyes flashed in anger. There was no point in trying to dodge it, because if Ohm survived a failed dodge, her opponent could critically injure it if they did it again. Obviously they didn't care at all about hurting Jewel's hatchling. She also didn't think she had time to withdraw the baby, and she was right. She began to speak ut even as she did the overpowered winds smashed into the jewelrybox slamming it around.

If you injure my baby, I will kick your ass myself. What is wrong with you, apparently this isn't going to be a friendly match. So be it. Gloves off, jerk. As the wind cleared, the jewelry box seemed to be hanging in there, though it was a bit wobbly. Jewel grabbed for the poke'ball considering a switch still, but Ohm wasn't waiting. That had hurt, and they lashed out in response almost instantly once they had stopped spinning.

A loud hum of electricity and the taste of metal filled Jewel's mouth as Ohm put every ounce of its vastly fading strength into the electric attack it launched.

Healed to 84% from kiss
Hit be LE Hurricane
Hp =1%
Attacks with discharge
Dice Roll: 1d100: 52 = 52 30% chance to paralyze, 100% accuracy
@Raphael Scandon

This post has been edited by Jewel: Jun 12 2018, 01:59 PM

----------

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Hábrók
Sheer Force
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Raphael Scandon posted at Jun 13 2018, 08:43 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
The electricity coursed through Hábrók’s wings, numbing all the feelings in his left wing, but through some strange excitement caused by this battle, the Rufflet beared through the pain and laughingly sang a serenade to his opponent. Raphael was no less drunk on this battle than his partner, his eyes wild with colour as his blood broiled with greater heat at this ever increasing intensity.

‘That’s it! Channel that pain at watching your beloved Rotom get hurt and turn it into unbridled rage towards us! Give me all you got with everything you have, and so will we! Peck!’

As a finishing blow, Hábrók flew headfirst towards the jewellery box, but out of compassion towards the Rotom, clipped it with its wing so that rather than cut straight through the varnished wooden surface with its sharp beak, he would only shock the Rotom beneath it with a blunt force, concerned for the poor girl who would have to buy a new one if he damaged it further.

Rufflet/Level 5:
42% HP.
Uses Peck.
<span style="border:red solid 3px;" class="dice-roll"> Dice Roll: 1d100: 27 = 27</span>
@Jewel

This post has been edited by Raphael Scandon: Jun 19 2018, 09:39 AM

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.16
29%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
27%
Mort
levitate
Lv.5
N/A
Ohm
Levitate
Lv.1
10%

Jewel posted at Jun 19 2018, 12:45 PM
Quote ❝❞
^
Jewel's glare spoke of more violence she imagined on this boy then any words could have. Her hand snapped up, discharging the red beam of a pokeball, zapping the rotom inside, while simultaneously pointing towards the ring. Her voice came then, barely a whisper, full of anger, rage and an icy demeanor.[color=red] Mort, end him. (surrendering with ohm, replacing with Mort)

The lawnmower dashed forward, right into the beak attack from the flying type. His eyes were wild with anger as well, and while getting hit hurt they didn't care, they were close enough to end this now and avenge their friend.

user posted image
Level 5 Rotom named Mort, 17% link, Levitate ability, Astonish, leaf storm, confuse ray, thunderwave,[/align]
Hit by peck
Hp is at 78%
unable to act because of switch

@Raphael Scandon

----------

19 years old
Open Inventory
LC:
Hábrók
Sheer Force
Lv.5
5%

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Lv.
N/A

Raphael Scandon posted at Yesterday at 07:15 pm
Quote ❝❞
^
Hábrók’s wing met solid steel, rather than varnished wood, as a lawnmower rammed itself into his body while the jewel box was retracted into its container.

‘This is a more familiar site,’ Raphael’s eyes burned with a fervent passion, a smile taking position over his lips, ‘A Rotom inhabiting a lawnmower body. With that, I seem to have its weaknesses, unlike with that strange Rotom, but I suppose it’s gonna be just so much easier to do this with another hard hit… Since I don’t have any type advantages, fine then! Peck!’

With that order, Hábrók tucked in his wings, dropping from the sky down to the ground. As he fell to the surface, he bent his flight trajectory and dived beak-first into the lawnmower.

Rufflet/Level 5:
42% HP.
Uses Peck.
<span style="border:red solid 3px;" class="dice-roll"> Dice Roll: 1d100: 97 = 97</span>
@Jewel

This post has been edited by Raphael Scandon: Yesterday at 07:18 pm

19 years old
AWARDS:
Open Inventory
LC:
Tyne
Levitate
Lv.12
N/A
Flint
sturdy
Lv.16
29%

Storm Drain
Lv.15
N/A
Torm
Levitate
Lv.22
27%
Mort
levitate
Lv.5
N/A
Ohm
Levitate
Lv.1
10%

Jewel posted at Yesterday at 08:56 pm
Quote ❝❞
^
Jewel scoffed, hate still filling her eyes. Knowing a weakness or lack of, and doing anything about it are two different things. You bullied my baby, but now, we bully you. Take them down HARD Mort.

Mort didn't have to be told again, but it was fine. Her loud yelling disguised some of the sound of the engine coming to life, and as the blades began to spin, small bits of leaves began to fill the blade. It was as if someone was lawn mowing in reverse. Suddenly the blades made a final chunk sound and the leaves hurtled forward filling the air converging en masse towards the avian pokemon. The blast of green prevented the two pokemon from even seeing each other as it stormed across.

user posted image
Level 5 Rotom named Mort, 17% link, Levitate ability, Astonish, leaf storm, confuse ray, thunderwave,
Hit by peck
Hp is at 56%
Attacks with Leaf Storm accuracy is 90% Dice Roll: 1d100: 85 = 85

@Raphael Scandon

This post has been edited by Jewel: Yesterday at 08:56 pm

----------

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

🔍 Options
Add Reply
📄 New Topic

DONATION SPOTLIGHT -- Support Us Here!
Our Neighboring Communities -- Affiliate With Us Here!
PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay RPG-D
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Pokemon Trainer Kaleidoscope Pokemon: Terrene Black Clover RP
Transformers Prime: Convergence PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay